Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3200 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

So biological warfare,  similar to catapulting diseased corpses into medieval castles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

Someone has been setting up programming and hardware to make the JDAM kit and the airplane talk to each other.

The racks also need to be compatible.

I would make this modification by adding an interface box and small annunciator-control- "interpreter" in the cockpit, instead of fooling with integrating into the airplanes programming.

(An interpreter that pulls only necessary data off the airplanes buss for feeding to the bomb.)

View Quote

In the automotive world speak, it would be a difference between 2 can bus networks with different baud rates and different location addresses. You would need a gateway device to translate between the two, which people have achieved with an Andruino. I’m sure DARPA could (or has) figured out a way to make a Mig talk to a JDAM. If they can’t, what do we pay them for?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gatetraveller:

So biological warfare,  similar to catapulting diseased corpses into medieval castles.
View Quote

I think it's just that the russians are using their least desirables as cannon fodder. Those are people they wanted to get rid of anyway.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

hope this isn't derailing the thread, but it seems every time russia fails at something or more aid is announced, they up the troll propaganda, which ripples through the increasingly frustrated troll community and on to their useful idiots.

increased aid packages and the incoming patriot systems, as well as their inability to do anything but lose men in any attempt to push forward has the idiocy pushed up to 11.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AgeOne:
Originally Posted By m35ben:
The herp and derp crowd is really feeling their oats lately. They are in insult mode in other threads.

hope this isn't derailing the thread, but it seems every time russia fails at something or more aid is announced, they up the troll propaganda, which ripples through the increasingly frustrated troll community and on to their useful idiots.

increased aid packages and the incoming patriot systems, as well as their inability to do anything but lose men in any attempt to push forward has the idiocy pushed up to 11.

I think it is as important anything that gets discussed here.  The information/propaganda war is the one that everything everywhere hinges on, and I don't believe that to be hyperbole.  The braintrust that says the cost of corruption is too high never says what they believe that actual cost to be or does the cost/benefit analyst that has been hashed over in this tread countless times.  It's akin to saying that $10k for a new F-150 would be a bad deal because unions are corrupt.  

Contemptuous mockery of such positions is a righteous and meaningful task that should be gleefully undertaken by those that enjoy it.  Like it or not, we are charged with holding the far right side of the line in the war against the formidable adversary known as stupidity.  Perhaps that is the real ARFCOM curse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

It's really hard to catch AIDS, hep or tuberculosis from a corpse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:37:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#7]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

View Quote

You aren’t Russian, are you?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

You know, i suspect some of those rapey ruskies might figure out a way.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

And that would be a stupid thing to do. No one wants to get involved in biological warfare. Throw boom makers at them instead
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

You aren’t Russian, are you?
View Quote

Of course I am. I'm an FSB agent assigned to monitor this thread.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Handling corpses with TB can definitely transmit it. Genuine risk.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Please stop reacting to the trolls rehashing old arguments. Just put them on ignore.

Mods and staff are doing a great job of removing people who troll so this can remain focused on factual information and analysis.
View Quote
Disagree across the whole board. If there wasn't any rebuttal to draw him out, the mods would not have taken action.

If BS posters are all on ignore and no one challenges them, their comments remain uncontested for others to read and be swayed by. This applies to all topics.

There is a balance with sliding, however anyone can just scan past it if you think there have been sufficient replies.

I have nobody on ignore.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Handling corpses with TB can definitely transmit it. Genuine risk.
View Quote

I wouldn't be too concerned if all I had to do was push them into a hole and cover with some dirt. I know people who unknowingly spent months working in the same room with a TB positive person, they're doing just fine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By johnh57:

Load 'em up in catapults and throw them back.
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Great idea.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#18]

I wouldn't be too concerned if all I had to do was push them into a hole and cover with some dirt. I know people who unknowingly spent months working in the same room with a TB positive person, they're doing just fine.
View Quote

You should be concerned when burying them, it’s a major way of spreading. Infection among mortuary workers is a real issue. There are multiple types of TB and They do not share the same transmission  pathways. Complacency with it is always a bad thing, just FYI. I’ve treated patients with TB and it is a bitch.

On point: Shoigu gaslighting today?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Dutch defence brass are expecting him to announce the transition to 'wartime economy' i.e. state determines production/working hours ect.

You could feel sorry for the Russian people once more suffering the whims of a Tsar/pycopath/dictator but they ran in to this situation head first and willingly. And to think it could be all over if they cut the bs and just went home.    

View Quote

I’m hoping Russian women bail to Europe etc and flood the dating market - possible check to 3rd wave feminism and obesity trend
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

You should be concerned when burying them, it’s a major way of spreading. Infection among mortuary workers is a real issue. There are multiple types of TB and They do not share the same transmission  pathways. Complacency with it is always a bad thing, just FYI. I’ve treated patients with TB and it is a bitch.

On point: Shoigu gaslighting today?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/1325C344-911E-42AB-83E5-B6B117CE76D7_jpe-2643268.JPG
View Quote

LENINGRAD?
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlaskaJohn] [#21]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

And people doubt the Russian KIA numbers!

There's probably been as many killed by Ukrainian direct action as there has been by fratricide.
View Quote
This Russian document was mentioned many pages ago. This paragraph describes how to identify Russian "friendly fire" and the need to get it shut down quickly.
From " I live, I fight, I win! The rules of life in war " by the RUSSIAN UNION OF VETERANS OF AFGHANISTAN AND SPECIAL MILITARY OPERATIONS.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Fuck that.  You touch them.  Sprinkle with diesel and top with a flare.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

People like former11bravo squeal about China, yet don’t understand the fact that Russia is chinas ally.

And Taiwan is an island.

Giving in to Russia on Ukraine Emboldens  China on Taiwan
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:
Soooo 2 F-35s....in exchange for weakening China's ally.

What's the problem?

People like former11bravo squeal about China, yet don’t understand the fact that Russia is chinas ally.

And Taiwan is an island.

Giving in to Russia on Ukraine Emboldens  China on Taiwan

Oh, they know. The “China is the real threat” rhetoric, at least from them,  is just gaslighting…..when the time comes, they’ll be puffing Xi with even more gusto than they do Putin now and demanding we abandon Taiwan/Japan/ROK/Guam/Hawaii to the CCP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#24]
This wont make anti-war GD tards happy
McConnell: "Providing assistance for Ukrainians to defeat the Russians is the number one priority for the United States right now according to most Republicans. That's how we see the challenges confronting the country at the moment."
View Quote

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1605301253952589824
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:43:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#25]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I’m hoping Russian women bail to Europe etc and flood the dating market - possible check to 3rd wave feminism and obesity trend
View Quote

Not a bad idea.  I use this as a work-around:

Attachment Attached File

Back on track:
Originally Posted By Abakan:

LENINGRAD?
View Quote

So St. Petersburg is re-named as a city,  but the Oblast is still Leningrad.  I don’t know what to make of standing-up those military districts again.  My guess would be, that way they can put the admin of the war in the Western Mil. Dist., and then carve-out those zones to be administered w/o having to be distracted by the war. Previously I think they had lumped all of them together in the “western” c. 2010.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

So close to 100k! Tomorrow is the day we'll see it roll over into 6 figure orc casualties

Who wins the arf sweepstake?
View Quote

UKRAINE!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think it's just that the russians are using their least desirables as cannon fodder. Those are people they wanted to get rid of anyway.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Per Reuters, publicly available sources that reflect prison population levels in Russia point to a decrease of about 25,000 over the last few months.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Cool!

I was expecting to see another one that looks like someones garage blowing up with a couple small secondary explosions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:05:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Definately shaping operations for the next offensive.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Bill & Ted Are Speechless ''Whoa''
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Exploding AIDS, TB, Hep. patients! Just when I assumed this hellscape could not get any worse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:21:00 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:22:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Especially from behind a computer 5K miles away.

But if you are there and walking through the guts hanging from tree limbs or treating the wounded spurting blood....
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
I highly doubt that "Wagnerian" story, especially since they provided a lot of other details but somehow didn't disclose the name of the Ukrainian commander.

It just screams "unverifiable propaganda piece" for their side; a whole cloth fantasy of the supposed honor (and victory, though a small one) of Wagner personnel.
View Quote

The only useful data point in that story is that one of their most respectable fighters show grudging respect for a Ukrainian commander. That’s likely not something they would want to fabricate, because it goes against the stupid Nazi junkie narrative.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Not if they’re aerosolized

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Of course I am. I'm an FSB agent assigned to monitor this thread.
View Quote

Disregard what I said. JK.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#42]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fkg5EHRWYAAE0PS?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

The infographic mentions SU-27s adapted.  Previously we only heard of Mig-29s firing HARMs.  I also wonder if they’re getting more modern HARMs and if their planes are being modified to fully use them instead of just “easy mode”.
Pretty interesting development.  Russia will have to get a lot smarter with their radars, but with their poor communications that’s a problem.
If Ukraine can afford to keep a HARM Mig airborne near important areas of the front they can keep up a steady attrition on radars.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:26:08 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote
Holy shit
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Every time she opens her mouth she further discredits her position.  Let her expose herself and the people like her (which we see regularly here) as Russian dick-suckers and traitors to the Constitution.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:29:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
Disagree across the whole board. If there wasn't any rebuttal to draw him out, the mods would not have taken action.

If BS posters are all on ignore and no one challenges them, their comments remain uncontested for others to read and be swayed by. This applies to all topics.

There is a balance with sliding, however anyone can just scan past it if you think there have been sufficient replies.

I have nobody on ignore.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:
Please stop reacting to the trolls rehashing old arguments. Just put them on ignore.

Mods and staff are doing a great job of removing people who troll so this can remain focused on factual information and analysis.

I have nobody on ignore.

I'm inclined to agree as much as I hate it muddying up a good thread.

False information should be corrected so that readers don't get the mistaken impression the information is correct or that there is no good counter argument to it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkRdV3qVQAAoiln?format=jpg&name=360x360
View Quote

Neat to see radio power pushed down to the minimum.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#47]

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EcstaticJubilantBeetle-size_restricted.gif
View Quote

An interesting omission from all of this is how it’s being portrayed domestically.

Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Cool!

I was expecting to see another one that looks like someones garage blowing up with a couple small secondary explosions.
View All Quotes

Cool!

Best explosion this week.
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Holy shit
View All Quotes

Holy shit
Hopefully prepping for the JDAMs they are getting
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Holy shit
View Quote

Yep. Good stuff.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3200 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top