Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3994 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:39:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Ghost page

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:40:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By burnka871:
I wonder what they plan on launching them off of
View Quote

Article says they can launch off of MiG jets. So they have what they need for launching. I would love to see the Ruskie faces when they see UA jets launch from 50km back at high altitude and missiles inbound for targets 200km behind the lines!!

Storm Shadow down your throats!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Article says they can launch off of MiG jets. So they have what they need for launching. I would love to see the Ruskie faces when they see UA jets launch from 50km back at high altitude and missiles inbound for targets 200km behind the lines!!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Will they be guided by NATO's real time data?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Hallelujah!!!   Storm Shadows arriving!!

Way ahead of hinted deliveries. Anxious to get more details!!

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/uk-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-ukraine/index.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0755-2812957.jpg
View Quote

Wow! Now there is a serious game changer! It is also way ahead of the anticipated delivery schedule. That said, I imagine any deliveries of these missiles will be in extremely small numbers, so Ukrainians will likely reserve these for the most lucrative of targets.

I suspect this will motivate any fence sitters currently left in Crimea to get the fuck out of Dodge while the Kerch Strait Bridge is still standing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:

Wow! Now there is a serious game changer! It is also way ahead of the anticipated delivery schedule. That said, I imagine any deliveries of these missiles will be in extremely small numbers, so Ukrainians will likely reserve these for the most lucrative of targets.

I suspect this will motivate any fence sitters currently left in Crimea to get the fuck out of Dodge while the Kerch Strait Bridge is still standing.
View All Quotes

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/11/politics/uk-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-ukraine/index.html

The Kerch bridge has to be #1 target for these. No other target can have as much impact. The Black Sea ports and the huge depots in Luhansk oblast. And anything major that assist them getting to Mariupol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Yup, long range surface skimming missile  990 lb bunker penetrating warhead with that range seems a perfect fit for knocking down the bridge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Where Will Ukraine Attack? - Russian Invasion DOCUMENTARY
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone seen any evidence of the GLSDBs being used? I see articles where Russia claimed to down one but I have not seen any footage of them in action. I've seen some video of jdams, patriot, and Excalibur in action. Lots of himars launches but not any description as to what is getting launched.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Modernized flak cannon. I love it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:49:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Vad is the who got everything wrong, everytime.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
I'm not sure hitting the bridge is the best play politically right now. We have seen traffic jams at the bridge lately. While blasting the bridge will be beneficial doing so and blowing up several civilians will hand Russia a huge propaganda tool.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#13]

The Kerch bridge has to be #1 target for these. No other target can have as much impact. The Black Sea ports and the huge depots in Luhansk oblast. And anything major that assist them getting to Mariupol.
View Quote
Depending on the number of missiles on hand I would put a priority on oil ports if they are in range. Destroy those ports and Russia takes a big hit in the pocket book. Air bases around Rostov On Don would be a solid place to hit too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:08:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shistavan] [#14]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

View All Quotes

They probably don’t have data connection with the launching aircraft, so I expect they will program a route and target into the missile on the ground, and the software will give a zone the pilots need to launch it from.

That way there is no electronics integration that needs to be done to use the weapons, just the mechanics of mounting the weapons.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:10:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Hell yes!!!!  Lets kick this thing off! cant wait to see the targets they chose to decimate with these bad boys!
View All Quotes

Hell yes!!!!  Lets kick this thing off! cant wait to see the targets they chose to decimate with these bad boys!

I have a dream of one day them catching a Russian sub at the dock in Sevestapol.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I'm not sure hitting the bridge is the best play politically right now. We have seen traffic jams at the bridge lately. While blasting the bridge will be beneficial doing so and blowing up several civilians will hand Russia a huge propaganda tool.
View All Quotes

Blast the in-bound lane to prove a message.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:14:30 AM EDT
[#17]
View All Quotes

I think it depends on how many they have and where their offensive will hit.  If they are marching to the Azov Sea I think hitting as many rail bridges deep behind the lines as possible limiting Russia’s ability to rotate forces by rail would be top priority.  Force them to burn up fuel to maneuver.

Ultimately the Kerch bridge needs to come down and it’s going to be loaded with civilian evacuees at that point.  Best hope would be taking out the rail section of the bridge and maybe Russia turns all the vehicle lanes into supply into Crimea which would prevent casualties to civilians.  That relies on Russia though and the ability to surgically take down part of the bridge.

At the end of the day the Russian citizens in Crimea were imported by Russia after having kidnapped the natives to relocate into the far east.  Their hands aren’t exactly clean in this.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Shistavan:

They probably don’t have data connection with the launching aircraft, so I expect they will program a route and target into the missile on the ground, and the software will give a zone the pilots need to launch it from.

That way there is no electronics integration that needs to be done to use the weapons, just the mechanics of mounting the weapons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shistavan:

That's how the storm shadow works, nothing is input from pilot or plane. Target data is all downloaded on the ground
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By yekimak:
Anyone seen any evidence of the GLSDBs being used? I see articles where Russia claimed to down one but I have not seen any footage of them in action. I've seen some video of jdams, patriot, and Excalibur in action. Lots of himars launches but not any description as to what is getting launched.

View Quote

Yes the videos are out there and have been posted here but I don't remember what page.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Siden noten, it's a bonkers morning in Germany.

+++ In this second there were more small explosions. They are probably caused by the access of the special task force.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Siden noten, it's a bonkers morning in Germany.

+++ In this second there were more small explosions. They are probably caused by the access of the special task force.
View Quote

No context at all. What’s going on?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

As a Cold War kid who did a lot of airplane models and overall am an aviation junkie it’s pretty crazy and cool at the same time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"Su-25 of the 299th tactical aviation brigade of the Ukrainian Air Force, armed with the American Zuni NAR."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-05-10_04-09-53_jpg-2812780.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-05-10_04-09-53__2__jpg-2812781.JPG
This shit fucks with my head

As a Cold War kid who did a lot of airplane models and overall am an aviation junkie it’s pretty crazy and cool at the same time.

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:30:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Blast the in-bound lane to prove a message.
View Quote

Hit the rails leave the lanes tell them they are next
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:31:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]
Omega Unit
https://twitter.com/PaulJawin/status/1656633248498237445

Cleaning of trenches in the Bakhmut district by the soldiers of the Defense Forces of Ukraine.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:42:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#25]
View Quote

Eventually (and probably not long from now) Russian military assets will take precedent over civilians trying to flee across the bridge.

Orcs will run over them or push them into the river to get across.

THAT'S when you rain hellfire on the bridge and keep dropping gut busters on the orc fish food swimmers

Call it the "Filet Pocket".
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:49:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]
Originally Posted By kncook:

No context at all. What’s going on?
View Quote

10 firefighters, 2 cops injured.

Unrelated, I’m sure.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Britain prepares to send long-range missiles to Ukraine
The U.K. is pushing the Biden administration into providing Ukraine with weapons that can reach further into Russian-held territory

https://archive.ph/EWtZ6

Britain, which has prided itself on being ahead of its Western allies in introducing new weapons systems to Ukraine, now appears poised to send Kyiv the long-range missiles the Biden administration has long denied it.

No final decision has been made, according to a British official who declined to confirm the type, timing or quantity of weaponry under consideration. But the notice is a substantive step toward Britain itself supplying such munitions, and the requested specifications and capabilities closely match its air-launched Storm Shadow cruise missiles.

Ukraine has long pleaded with Western nations for longer range missiles, arguing that such weapons could change the course of the war by allowing its forces to target Russian command centers, supply lines, ammunition and fuel dumps deep inside Crimea and Russian-held territory in eastern Ukraine. As Kyiv prepares to launch a major counteroffensive as soon as within the next several weeks, the ability to strike far behind Russia’s front lines would help clear the way for a ground assault with tanks and infantry troops.

Storm Shadows can be mounted on Ukraine’s Soviet-made jets and reach into Russian territory. Kyiv has long sought that capability, and tried to ease Western escalation fears with pledges it would refrain from using donated weapons in such attacks.

“If we could strike at a distance of up to 300 kilometers, the Russian army wouldn’t be able to provide defense and will have to lose,” Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov told the European Union earlier this year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Storm_Shadow

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has dismissed talk among Ukraine’s benefactors of their depleted stockpiles. “If there is a moment in this conflict we can make a difference, why not seize it? What are we waiting for?” he asked of European allies at the Munich Security Conference in February. “What is the purpose of these stockpiles? If the weapons are degrading Russian armed forces, that is increasing our security.”
View Quote

I have to assume that all these announcements of "considering" sending this or that must be some diplomatic technique of manipulation. Either attempting to get Russia to do/not do something or some allies to do/not do something. Otherwise it gets infuriating, all the dithering in public. Just send the help they need and let us see Russian depots mysteriously blowing up or STFU already.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sink the Black Sea fleet!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sink the Black Sea fleet!

There will be other surprises when the offensive starts.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:55:21 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Ukraine should put out a tweet that they're hitting the bridge in 1 hour, and watch hilarity ensue
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

View Quote

I suspect those are being saved up for the counteroffensive.   Orders were placed for the systems to be built back in September or October for an "Eastern European customer."  According to Boeing.

Imagine having all of your logistics and HQ's for a year be safe from Himars 80 km from the front.   Then suddenly a Ukrainian offensive kicks off and now nothing is safe out to 150km.   Then the Storm Shadows come in at very long range against high value targets on top of that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#31]
They are so screwed.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Some good points. The Russian infantry isn’t improving. They rely heavily on artillery. I think the long range weapons like storm shadow could further crimp their logistics. Some analyst said that after HIMARS arrived Russia had to move its supply depots back 30km. This required ten times more trucks which they do not have to move ammo to the front and resulted in a dramatic drop in shells per day being fired.

Force those depots back 100-200km and blow more rail bridges and Russian logistics would grind to a halt.
View Quote

Yes but ESCALATION!!! pee running down my leg...#Biden
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:10:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#35]

I eagerly await the day that Germany issued it first order for a Polish produced K2
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Russia may be digging and prepping positions for 300K troops but I doubt they have anything close to that manpower.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fvxvg_9WcAI8ucs?format=jpg&name=largerussia is gonna get its shit pushed in.

Russia may be digging and prepping positions for 300K troops but I doubt they have anything close to that manpower.

I think given the amount of time for prepping this along with all the aid coming up…this will be near a carbon copy of our assault on Iraq…
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:13:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#37]
Another successful surrender.

Turkish Otokar Cobra II 4x4 in service with the Armed Forces 🇺🇦
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
No way we can replace those bloc 6 TIE fighters either, it would take 14 years to get a production line set up.
View Quote

Perhaps the Emperor will find new ways to motivate your men...when he arrives...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#39]

Lol you know he's stacked deep with tail. I also bet he never has to buy a drink at the bar on his day off, if he gets one lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0726-2811728.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0725-2811729.jpg
When I saw the first picture, my immediate thought was "something's never change, he exudes the aurora of being a fighter pilot".

No, some things never change, and the Knights of the sky are one of those things. The machines become faster, fly higher and have weapons more terrible, but the men fly them are the same, fearless, brash, arrogant and perfectly fine knowing that either they or their opponent is going to die.

That was exactly my impression.

I pray we are giving Ukraine something to improve the odds for their pilots. Very brave to go up when the enemy can target you at 60 km and you can only get 20km.

I can see him sitting in the cockpit of a WW2 spitfire fighting for England.

He nailed the jacket/sweater in the second photo, that's the OG look.

Dude has to be pulling tail.

Lol you know he's stacked deep with tail. I also bet he never has to buy a drink at the bar on his day off, if he gets one lol

Sorry. That cat sets off every gaydar.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Includes a 4 minute video of test footage and real strikes using Storm Shadow, for future reference.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:22:55 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Agreed. If all the Russians are fleeing Crimea, leave the bridge open and let them GTFO. If they start flooding in mil. equipment (T-34M and lend-lease halftracks) them maybe hit the bridge.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Boom! UK showing up. I love it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Coal fired Tochka launches.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

Hit the rails leave the lanes tell them they are next
View Quote

This! Assuming the CEP of the missile can hit just the rail. Preferably timed with a large RU train carrying supplies like the last explosion.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:29:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#47]

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#48]
14 hours ago, Russian source Wagner.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

View Quote

How about they announce this kind of stuff by sinking something first!
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#50]
1 hr ago.

Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3994 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top