Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4697 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prime:

Seems to be more activity at night.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GBTX01:

Bradley popping smoke

Seems to be more activity at night.

This is more like it.  White phosphor night vision systems, IFF beacons, and Bradley IFV's firing 25mm at night using their thermal sight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Birddog15:

Speaking of hitting the bombers where they park.  Does anybody else think that is the reason Biden said no to the ATACMS after meeting with Zelenski.  I am thinking Biden asked for a guarantee they wouldn't be used against certain targets or using them beyond certain geographical boundaries.   Zelensky would not  agree to that so Biden said no.

View Quote

I think generally there IS a firm agreement NOT to use US supplied weapons on Russian soil. I believe this was promised to Putin by Xiden.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The Russians have a particular genius for aligning their policy goals, both domestic and foreign, with elements of other countries' economic, domestic and foreign aspirations.  Support for trade agreements, peace negotiations, support for political movements, etc, worldwide are coopted to align with Russian goals.  Therefore, we have an odd situation where the American hard left, European neo-Nazis, Cuba, Nicaragua, Brazil, Venezuela, Iran, a majority of the Saheel regimes, North Korea, the Hungarian government, China, the American hard right, and a bunch of Pacific island governments are all supporting Russia despite having very different goals and interests.  It is the sort of contradictory outcomes and reductionist arguments one gets when one combines short-term self interest and making "the Enemy of and Enemy is a friend" as opposed to a potential ally the cornerstone of one's actions and outlook.  The Russians (similar to the Chinese) are "blessed" with an outlook that has no higher moral and/practical aspirations other than power and influence which sees others as nothing but tools to be manipulated in furtherance of their goals.  This tends to work in the short- and medium- term until everything falls apart, and it becomes apparent that the Russians got what they want and don't really care.  If Russia was a business, it would be a hedge fund pretending to be an "angel" investor.
View Quote

I believe this is accurate. Evil and wicked people seem to always find each other but Russia (and China) seem especially adept. Add to the "soft methods" outlined above the more "hard" methods of bribery and extortion.

Russia really is like the SPECTRE in the old James Bond movies...SPecial Executive for Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion...or something like that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:08:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Plus, to the Chinese way of thinking, the long-term benefits of eliminating Taiwan as an economic, political, and cultural rival, not to mention it's role as a strategic impediment, far exceed any short-term cost.  This is a country that nuked it's construction and real estate industry, which was the main investment vehicle in mainland China not to mention the primary funding tool for their state and local governments.  The fact that they would even care about disrupting chip supplies from a hostile renegade province that largely benefits their economic and strategic rivals barely even enters their calculus, as they may actually see this as eliminating a rival as they struggle to establish Chinese dominance in tech.
View Quote

If they could capture the chip makers whole would be a big benefit (think of treason and subversion like with the capture of Khersan, since there is little doubt the CCP has deeply penetrated Taiwan) but the primary goal is to keep the West from benefitting from the Taiwan chip plants. So if the chip makers get blown up or blow themselves up, it's still supports the ultimate CCP goal of making the world dependent on them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Is there any advantage to TOW vs Javelin?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
These replacement missiles to be made are the new wireless TOW, with extended range.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3mf0BeXYAAvlQz?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3mf0OoXEAEKaI7?format=jpg&name=small

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/34/47/f7/3447f7b4f3108871ae86d1e0392b8a0a.gif

Is there any advantage to TOW vs Javelin?

TOW is a bit longer range, bigger warhead like a Stugna, the sight will help you pick up targets further away, and now it's wireless with the 2B having a tandem top attack warhead.    But generally, it is hard to beat the single soldier fire and forget features the Javelin provides.

Depends on your situation, the TOW bunker buster versions can be useful, and the top attack version can fly over obstacles to hit tanks hidden behind terrain.  I think they are all very fun to use, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:16:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheHunstman] [#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

If they could capture the chip makers whole would be a big benefit (think of treason and subversion like with the capture of Khersan, since there is little doubt the CCP has deeply penetrated Taiwan) but the primary goal is to keep the West from benefitting from the Taiwan chip plants. So if the chip makers get blown up or blow themselves up, it's still supports the ultimate CCP goal of making the world dependent on them.
View All Quotes

Plus, to the Chinese way of thinking, the long-term benefits of eliminating Taiwan as an economic, political, and cultural rival, not to mention it's role as a strategic impediment, far exceed any short-term cost.  This is a country that nuked it's construction and real estate industry, which was the main investment vehicle in mainland China not to mention the primary funding tool for their state and local governments.  The fact that they would even care about disrupting chip supplies from a hostile renegade province that largely benefits their economic and strategic rivals barely even enters their calculus, as they may actually see this as eliminating a rival as they struggle to establish Chinese dominance in tech.

Not correct. China is 5 generations of chip technology behind Taiwan and the rest of the world. China doesn't have the capacity/knowledge to produce modern chips like Taiwan. Destroying the worlds leading technology plants is not an option for China as much as the rest of the world. That is why a straight up total invasion is not the best option.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Probably posted already, but worth watching again. First time, I've seen evasive action attempted by Russian armor against loitering munitions:

This war is just validation that we need to start fitting all our combat armor units with Active Protection Systems like Trophy. The tech has been around for a while now but it seems we're dragging our feet waiting for the "perfect solution" rather than just adopting what's out there now and evolving it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Probably posted already, but worth watching again. First time, I've seen evasive action attempted by Russian armor against loitering munitions:

This war is just validation that we need to start fitting all our combat armor units with Active Protection Systems like Trophy. The tech has been around for a while now but it seems we're dragging our feet waiting for the "perfect solution" rather than just adopting what's out there now and evolving it.

Trophy is going on everything.

Trophy[9][17] has been evaluated with extensive testing on a Stryker vehicle[18][19] for possible adoption by the US Army,[20] and a Canadian LAV III.[21][22][23][24] The Army tested the Trophy system in 2017, to be fielded within two years as an interim system until the Modular Active Protection System (MAPS) program produces a system.[25][26] A 193 million dollar contract for Trophy was awarded to Leonardo DRS, Rafael's American partner, in June 2018, to equip a significant number of Abrams M1A1/A2 MBTs with Trophy.[27] In January 2021, Rafael and Leonardo DRS completed urgent deliveries of enough Trophies to the Army to equip all tanks of four armored brigades, some 400 systems.[28]

And more on the way, as needed.

https://defence-blog.com/us-army-orders-active-protection-system-kits-for-its-abrams-tanks/

The kits will be added to M1A2 SEPv2 and M1A2 SEPv3 Abrams tanks as needed, continuing their fielding across the Army.

“We are honored to have been chosen by the Army to continue to provide this important capability to keep tank crew members and their vehicles safe on the battlefield,” said Gordon Stein, vice president of U.S. operations at General Dynamics Land Systems.

Work on the indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract is expected to extend into mid-2027.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
UA is nailing these Alligators! Looking for more details.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_3068-2922457.jpg

View Quote

Seems like a certain system moved forward or a new system is in place with evolved tactics.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

I kind of think Trump sort of forgot about Afghanistan and wasn't really fully aware that we were at war for the whole four years he was President. I think it slipped his mind because it never gave him any opportunity for a photo op or claim what a great thing he did.

I'm sure if he was President he would be very focused on Ukraine's relationship to Hunter Biden or a photo op shaking Putin's hand and so he might have a better shot at knowing something is going on there than with Afghanistan.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:

Some of ya'll visceral hatred for Trump is messing with your logic. Next we will hear how the Afghanistan fiasco would have been the same even if Trump was POTUS. Reagan was the same as Carter, Bush the same as Clinton, FBHO was the same as Trump, "sleepy joe is just doing what Trump would have done, except when it's stupid...then it still Trump's fault"  ..."all POTUS are the same...

I kind of think Trump sort of forgot about Afghanistan and wasn't really fully aware that we were at war for the whole four years he was President. I think it slipped his mind because it never gave him any opportunity for a photo op or claim what a great thing he did.

I'm sure if he was President he would be very focused on Ukraine's relationship to Hunter Biden or a photo op shaking Putin's hand and so he might have a better shot at knowing something is going on there than with Afghanistan.

Got dam it!!  .. it’s shit like this that pisses me off the most, this thread is fucking amazing to get updates on this conflict, myself and many others come to this ONE fucking thread to get those awesome, up to date info and updates on this war. It’s one of the best threads on the internet to get that into!! But, all this bullshit thread sliding and arguing over trump, Biden, or whoever the fuck is getting so frigging old!! I for one don’t give two flying fucks about trump when it comes to this conflict, he is ill relevant to it. Can we all please just stop with the political side and focus and remain focused on the progress of this conflict???? Ffs…
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:28:55 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Chip makers are very concerned with what China is planning, and are already making moves to start building in the US.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:29:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#11]
All this political bickering  takes a huge dump on the awesomeness of this thread..

I apologize for the puss poor attitude and comments but damn it’s getting old..
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:29:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#12]

Speaking of hitting the bombers where they park.  Does anybody else think that is the reason Biden said no to the ATACMS after meeting with Zelenski.  I am thinking Biden asked for a guarantee they wouldn't be used against certain targets or using them beyond certain geographical boundaries.   Zelensky would not  agree to that so Biden said no.

View All Quotes

Spot on. I’d add that it’s become apparent that many of our intelligence, military and diplomatic experts grossly over estimated Russia’s capabilities and have way over reacted to fears of escalation. Even Putin grossly overestimated his own forces.

So there definitely is a need for better balance, and right now the scale is overweight with fear and lacking confidence and boldness. Especially anything concerning Ukraine’s defense. Once we restore that boldness of action then I think is the time to assess what constitutes a threat to Russia itself. Shooting down strategic bombers that launch over the Caspian Sea? Perhaps. But striking an airbase where they park? Maybe not.

I personally suspect that is part of the reason, not hitting the bombers because of the range limitations but for other reasons.   I know I could do a lot of damage to the Russian air force and their helicopter gunship aviation with just 50 ATACMS hitting certain aircraft, aircraft ammo depots, and pilots quarters.  Then I could sink a few cruise missile carrying ships and submarines while they are parked in their harbor reloading.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:32:22 AM EDT
[#13]

Seems like a certain system moved forward or a new system is in place with evolved tactics.
View All Quotes

So two ka52 helps down today?
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Looks like a MANPAD was used at a long distance in at least one of the kills.
Maybe they changed tactics and sent forward teams to get closer to the helos, maybe the pilots were complacent, or maybe the situation was so dire that they had to get close to the front lines and got smoked.

https://t.me/truexanewsua/78509

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:33:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

Not correct. China is 5 generations of chip technology behind Taiwan and the rest of the world. China doesn't have the capacity/knowledge to produce modern chips like Taiwan. Destroying the worlds leading technology plants is not an option for China as much as the rest of the world. That is why a straight up total invasion is not the best option.
View Quote

This is part of the calculation in my opinion.  The devil in the details is that Taiwan has created a very attractive and advanced manufacturing capability that could vastly improve the Chinese military if it was captured.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes

I'm trying to find out that myself. Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Fltot:

Maybe they changed tactics and sent forward teams to get closer to the helos, maybe the pilots were complacent, or maybe the situation was so dire that they had to get close to the front lines and got smoked.

View All Quotes

Thanks for that, I was looking for any evidence of longer ranged systems being used, but this will work.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#19]

Khinzal threat.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:39:30 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks for that, I was looking for any evidence of longer ranged systems being used, but this will work.
View All Quotes

This might be indirect fallout of the erosion of Russian artillery numbers. Without the ability to try and halt Ukraine's advances with shell volume, they need to use helicopters and other resources in increasingly risky ways.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:41:31 AM EDT
[#21]

In the list of arms deliveries to Ukraine updated today by the German Federal Government, one point stands out: 2 IRIS-T SLS Launchers (Werfer)

First to avoid misunderstandings:
Li: IRIS-T SLM (previously)
Re: IRIS-T SLS (new)
View Quote

This can pop helicopter gunships at 12 km.

The IRIS-T SLS (from now on only called SLS) is the little brother of SLM and is used in Sweden under the name Robotsystem 98 (RBS-98). SLS fires the ITS-T short-range missile with a range of 12km and an altitude of 8km.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

This might be indirect fallout of the erosion of Russian artillery numbers. Without the ability to try and halt Ukraine's advances with shell volume, they need to use helicopters and other resources in increasingly risky ways.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:

A good point.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:44:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#24]
Possible JDAM.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:47:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]
So, 2 helicopter gunships.  the MANPAD used was an RBS-70 from Russian sources.  9km range.

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Some of ya'll visceral hatred for Trump is messing with your logic. Next we will hear how the Afghanistan fiasco would have been the same even if Trump was POTUS. Reagan was the same as Carter, Bush the same as Clinton, FBHO was the same as Trump, "sleepy joe is just doing what Trump would have done, except when it's stupid...then it still Trump's fault"  ..."all POTUS are the same...
View Quote
People just need to look at their wallets to see there are differences.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:49:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

First, Russia does have an internal logic. Not like ours, but they have thought processes. They are homicidal, but not suicidal. And I really don't think anybody is ignoring Russian nukes, only pointing out that Russia has no basis to use them, even under their own doctrine. There is absolutely nothing about the Ukraine conflict that threatens the existence of the Russian state, and nobody is going to launch on Russia, so they aren't going to launch.

Second, I think there's been a wake-up call inside Russian military circles. Having seen how badly their equipment performs, they have to be scared to pop nukes because of reliability issues. They can't launch any limited strike, because they have to believe a large percentage of warheads would fail to deploy, fail to go to target, or fail to detonate. And any nuclear strike would be an act of national suicide. Worse, because of system failures, they know they would be ended, but the rest of the world would survive. And every survivor would slaughter every Russian they found until the entire people group was extinct. That's what Russia faces if they pop nukes: extinction.

I agree we need to beat them carefully, but where that line lies is open to debate. I think we can safely push the line farther. Remember, Russian military forces were actively killing US personnel in Korea and Vietnam, and we let them. And we're still not involved in killing Russians, unless they attack us (see Syria). That's a good, safe rule. Let Ukraine fight, but give them the tools they need.
View Quote

I think this is accurate and excellent analysis. Maybe giving Russia too much credit for logical rational thinking but generally true.
The best and SAFEST avenue for dealing with Russia is strength and force. Weakness and appeasement will guarantee negative consequences.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:51:37 AM EDT
[#31]

China's objective in Taiwan is the same as Russia's in Ukraine: empire, and the restoration of rule over historical possessions. If Taiwan had no semiconductor manufacturing at all, China wild still feel as strongly about wanting it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:What China wants from Taiwan is not land or natural recourses. What they want is technology and production capability of chips that Taiwan excels at.  China makes chips already you say?  Yes, but not the complex and newest chips that Taiwan can make. China is behind, and would rather steal  than develop on their own. Just like they have stolen thousands of pieces of technology from the US and Europe over the years.

China's objective in Taiwan is the same as Russia's in Ukraine: empire, and the restoration of rule over historical possessions. If Taiwan had no semiconductor manufacturing at all, China wild still feel as strongly about wanting it.

Well, hard to say what is in the heart of a Chinaman, but if that is true then they are as stupid as Vladimir Vladimirovich. It is insane to go to war over ideals of empire. It makes sense ( if starting any war makes sense) to go to war over real gains. Gaining Taiwan over the financial gains for China of acquiring it makes a lot more sense than starting a war "because it used to be ours"  But maybe they are that stupid.

Just like going to war with Ukraine "because it used to be ours, and is the first step to rebuilding our empire" is idiotic. Going to war because Ukraine is the breadbasket of Europe and has lots of natural resources makes a bit more sense.

But overall going to war with Ukraine is still stupid when your own country has tons of natural resources and all your really had to do was keep on selling them to your neighbors, and grow fat and wealthy. Just sit back and watch the money roll in. That is all you had to do.  But noooo...
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#33]
All this political bickering  takes a huge dump on the awesomeness of this thread..

I apologize for the puss poor attitude and comments but damn it’s getting old..
View Quote

Just stop bringing up Trump and how much you hate him. Put it in your sig-line and lets just continue with what we DO AGREE ON, and that is cheering for Ukraine and against Russia.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

In assessing the Chinese, you have to understand their point of view.  The "Best" option, no; an acceptable cost to achieve a desired outcome, possibly.  As the current real estate crisis in China shows, the Chinese are just as  capable of making major miscalculations as the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:01:06 AM EDT
[#35]
https://t.me/uniannet/108436

The occupiers began shelling Ukraine with newly manufactured rockets amid the depletion of available weapons , Bloomberg writes.

According to the agency, an unexploded rocket with an unusually fresh production date was recently discovered in the Sumy region. According to the stamp on the hull, the projectile fired by the Tornado-S multiple launch rocket system was manufactured on May 19.

Since the rocket did not explode, the researchers were able to look inside to examine the motherboard and other components. All of them do not correspond to ready-made certificates, StateWatch experts concluded. At the same time, some parts were soldered by hand, and the components turned out to be Russian and American-made, including companies such as Altera, owned by Intel Corporation and Analog Devices.

Stay with us in Telegram | Admire our YouTube
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#37]

Got dam it!!  .. it’s shit like this that pisses me off the most, this thread is fucking amazing to get updates on this conflict, myself and many others come to this ONE fucking thread to get those awesome, up to date info and updates on this war. It’s one of the best threads on the internet to get that into!! But, all this bullshit thread sliding and arguing over trump, Biden, or whoever the fuck is getting so frigging old!! I for one don’t give two flying fucks about trump when it comes to this conflict, he is ill relevant to it. Can we all please just stop with the political side and focus and remain focused on the progress of this conflict???? Ffs…
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

This video is from St. Petersburg but it is happening all over Russia. Immigrants who moved to Russia for work, many are Syrians and other Middle Easterners, are seen receiving summonses to report for military duty, being loaded onto buses, and taken to the local commissariat (voyenkomat) so they can be processed for service.

Russia has been under a full "ghost mobilization" since the beginning of the year but they won't call it a mobilization for domestic political reasons.

This is a translation of what the poster, "GREY ZONE", said about the video. He calls them "these people" even though they are Russian citizens which is typical of how Russians perceive ethnic groups -- aka, non-Russians.

"And here is a delightful video from St. Petersburg! New citizens of Russia were lucky not only to get a passport of a citizen of our country, but also to be registered for military service, having a chance to prove loyalty to our Fatherland on the battlefield!

Just imagine how happy these people are now, even if they look a little confused on the video, but this is from the surprise of such a gift.

I hope that they will call all their relatives and friends at home and tell them about the unique action that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is holding for new citizens.

That would see very counterproductive to me. Russia already has a huge workforce shortage due to Russians going to war and Russians leaving the country to avoid going to war. Now if you start drafting the foreign workers into the war, won't they stop coming in to work?  Seems Ivan might have his head screwed on backwards.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

That would see very counterproductive to me. Russia already has a huge workforce shortage due to Russians going to war and Russians leaving the country to avoid going to war. Now if you start drafting the foreign workers into the war, won't they stop coming in to work?  Seems Ivan might have his head screwed on backwards.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By K0UA:

This video is from St. Petersburg but it is happening all over Russia. Immigrants who moved to Russia for work, many are Syrians and other Middle Easterners, are seen receiving summonses to report for military duty, being loaded onto buses, and taken to the local commissariat (voyenkomat) so they can be processed for service.

Russia has been under a full "ghost mobilization" since the beginning of the year but they won't call it a mobilization for domestic political reasons.

This is a translation of what the poster, "GREY ZONE", said about the video. He calls them "these people" even though they are Russian citizens which is typical of how Russians perceive ethnic groups -- aka, non-Russians.

"And here is a delightful video from St. Petersburg! New citizens of Russia were lucky not only to get a passport of a citizen of our country, but also to be registered for military service, having a chance to prove loyalty to our Fatherland on the battlefield!

Just imagine how happy these people are now, even if they look a little confused on the video, but this is from the surprise of such a gift.

I hope that they will call all their relatives and friends at home and tell them about the unique action that the Ministry of Internal Affairs is holding for new citizens.

I also can't imagine these new draftees being very enthusiastic and wanting to charge forward against Ukrainian artillery.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:21:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1692179344859463925
The documents of the Russian army medical center were captured in Urozhaine. They testify that the field medicine of the occupiers is at the level of the Second World War. There are no bandages or tourniquets.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#41]
So, 2 helicopter gunships.  the MANPAD used was an RBS-70 from Russian sources.  9km range.

https://en.missilery.info/files/m/rbs70/bofors1.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vHp_KXMAAx47f?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

I was going to comment on how little smoke that missile had.  That's a nasty little bugger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Mother of God, sisters of mercy,

That has to be fake.

Russia can't be that stupid to do that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#43]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vFw-OWIAAVr0f?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F3vHiu2XoAAalqL?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote
Interesting that they are pushing along that main defensive line.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
Nothing left for the meat cube
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Mother of God, sisters of mercy,

That has to be fake.

Russia can't be that stupid to do that.
View Quote

Russia HAS been proven to be that stupid.  If I was the Ukrainian SBU, I would be planting stories like this anywhere Russia has critical concentrations of "guest workers" due to the fact that, even if the stories are not (completely) true, Russia HAS proven on numerous occasions that it IS that stupid and the stories would be VERY believable (whether true, partially true or completely false).  For the "Russian Way of War" to work, coercion is a key component; anyone in Russia with a set of eyeballs knows this and also realizes they are being lied to even when it is not necessary.  Which makes effective PSYOPS for a group like the Ukes who understand Russians get their real news from rumors very easy.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 10:58:09 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Interesting. I've seen a few videos over the past couple weeks with RBS-70 setup just inside treelines. Looks like it paid off.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:00:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#47]
Originally Posted By Tacosis:

What are you basing this on bc it sounds completely asinine and like utter horseshit.  So when they level the island, chip plants and all, you're saying they'll plunk down a commie flag and that'll be the objective?  Cuz they took back the land and accomplished and ideological objective?  That's simple minded crazy talk.  These people, our enemies, are not simple minded stooges.  We've made that mistake too long.  Bert Purtin and Xi ert chrildrens?  Ok Lenny.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tacosis:

What are you basing this on bc it sounds completely asinine and like utter horseshit.  So when they level the island, chip plants and all, you're saying they'll plunk down a commie flag and that'll be the objective?  Cuz they took back the land and accomplished and ideological objective?  That's simple minded crazy talk.  These people, our enemies, are not simple minded stooges.  We've made that mistake too long.  Bert Purtin and Xi ert chrildrens?  Ok Lenny.

Never underestimate the willingness of communists to do stupid things for power and control. ChinaIsAsshoe wants Taiwan because it represents the communist "revolution" ultimately failed to remove capitalists from "China". Taiwan, on the other hand, realizes that if ChinaIsAsshoe invades, the primary target of opportunity is the chip fabs (and other manufacturing facilities). Level those, and the Red Chinese victory becomes pyrrhic.

ETA: Multiple posters beat me to the essence of the arguments.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/17/2023 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

Interesting. I've seen a few videos over the past couple weeks with RBS-70 setup just inside treelines. Looks like it paid off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

I was impressed by the long flight time between launch and impact, about 15 seconds!  As said, the lack of smoke trail makes that a nasty beast.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4697 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top