Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1070 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Holy fuck this video.  Aiming under the BMP at the dudes feet.  Savage.  Best (?) combat vid so far.  I'll post a twitter link when i find it.

https://t.me/u_now/29043

ETA:  Posted right about me.  I was too late.
View Quote

"Yippee ki yay, mother fucker."
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Removed-guns762
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Probably old since that Training facility was destroyed
View Quote

I just don't understand why Ukrainians keep everything together instead of spreading people/logistics/supplies around.  Advertising to the world that you're bringing in foreign fighters and supplies makes for a target rich area.  Thankfully I live up against a special needs school and a block from the military hospital.  We all know Russians wouldn't risk injuring innocents here.  Oh wait...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Maybe it's time they pulled that box the out and assemble that "parts kit" they've been holding onto.
View Quote

It's laid out on the parts table and Hiroshi just needs to charge his Makita so he can be put it together.

Hiroshi is a bit drunk and has been at the local hostess bar since 7:00 pm, he needs a few hours to get over the Chinese hooker that was trying to get the blueprints, but he will deliver.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow there was a mod airstrike up in here
What the hell did I miss?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tboy:

I just don't understand why Ukrainians keep everything together instead of spreading people/logistics/supplies around.  Advertising to the world that you're bringing in foreign fighters and supplies makes for a target rich area.  Thankfully I live up against a special needs school and a block from the military hospital.  We all know Russians wouldn't risk injuring innocents here.  Oh wait...
View Quote

A special needs school and hospital sounds like a primary target to Ivan.

Hell, you probably have an entire strike package dedicated to it
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote

Russians invaded the thread without provocation?

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Y
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrM1A1:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
Removed-guns762

Yeah there's a whole string of removed posts. WTF is up with that?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:05:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#10]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Nah, a special needs school is probably 99% Russians.  Wouldn't want to kill your own people.  But it is Russia, so...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Israels Spike-SR is that 75% Jav; its got much of the capability of the Javelin but in the self contained, lightweight form factor of the NLAW. Basically the Goldilocks of ATGMs.

The core advantage is that it uses the missiles own thermal seeker as the weapons 'CLU/Sight' - eliminating the bulky and extremely expensive separate CLU of the Javelin. The 'sight' the soldier aims through is just a little camera that shows what the missile seeker is seeing. This results in that each missile is self contained and can be deployed by a single man, and then when fired, the tube can just be chucked on the ground.

Whereas a Javelin missile without the CLU is basically useless. And the combined weight of the CLU + Jav makes it effectively a 2 man system.

Spike-SR: 21.2lbs / 1500m range
NLAW: 28lbs / 600m range
Javelin + CLU: 49lbs / 4000m range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycP05g-clX8

https://i.ibb.co/pzHpWtM/Screen-Shot-2020-09-28-at-2-27-08-AM.png

The big problem is that its an Israeli system - and the Izzys dont want to piss off the Ruskies because they need a working relationship due to Syria.

Hopefully Sweden or someone develops a similar system.
View Quote

Call me picky, but if I have a choice between one ATGM with 1500m range and another with ~4000m range, I want every inch of that extra stand-off distance between me and the enemy tank.

A tank can shoot me, hose down the area with coax, sic some of his BMP buddies on me, or just pick up a radio and call for arty. If he was feeling really sporty and survived after my shot, he could probably smush me by driving over in 10-15 minutes or less. I don't think a crappy Russian tank has to estimate any holdover with his gunner's sight at that range, that's just a lay on target kind thing.

I know Russian tank's have not been performing well lately, but 1500-2500m of extra distance between me and him sounds nice. 😬
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote

Asshats attempting to derail this thread bigly...
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By guns762:

If you would like to discuss the azov battalion please start a new thread
View Quote

Other than the thread dealing with the war they're fighting in?

Kay.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BobRoberts:

Ukraine wins this by husbanding their forces and forcing the Russian timeline further to right. They don’t have the ability to do more than local counter attacks. The Russians still have a huge firepower advantage, attempting an offense against that will just give the Russians the concentration needed to destroy them quickly.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ukraine does not win without going on offense. Defense, retreat, getting encircled, defense, is a losing game.

Ukraine wins this by husbanding their forces and forcing the Russian timeline further to right. They don’t have the ability to do more than local counter attacks. The Russians still have a huge firepower advantage, attempting an offense against that will just give the Russians the concentration needed to destroy them quickly.

I’m finding the guerrilla warfare with modern portable missiles and NODs highly effective against a conventional force.  We had to deal with various versions of it from Vietnam to Afghanistan, but not with the sophisticated technology the Ukrainians are employing.   Seeing irregulars as fast moving militias wrecking superior forces has been incredible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:08:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tboy] [#16]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
That seems like a pretty big deal.  Smells like it's arranged to lay out the case to get more directly involved.  No fly zone?
View Quote

I think the world should equip Ukrainians the ability to have a level playing field to defend themselves.  They don't need foreign countries to fight for them - they've had that for over 1000 years.  They need to EARN this freedom and everyone I have this conversation agrees.  These people have woken up and want to have that freedom they so desperately need and once they achieve this, they will start to progress at a faster rate than I had projected.  This is Putin's biggest fear.  Not military.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't a no fly zone hurt Ukraine? They can't use bayraktars in a no fly zone.

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Not sure exactly what this means buts it appears to be something related to Russians sucking pig cock?

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/13450

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wjwill:

And while volunteers from other countries are allowed to bring their own gear to Ukraine, we are fucked on doing so because of ITAR. As far as I am concerned, ITAR went right out the window with Ice Cream Joe and Kumswalla's Afghanistan fuck up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wjwill:
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Where did you see this?

The guy complaining on reddit is 10 miles from Poland, barely in the country and is complaining they wont give them anything or let them do anything.

I expect for him, that is a result of so many volunteers showing up that Ukraine doesn't have a plan for such large numbers of them.
The first 100 guys are outfitted and sent up front. After them, Ukraine is out of supplies and stuff until they go get some more because they didn't expect so many volunteers.

And while volunteers from other countries are allowed to bring their own gear to Ukraine, we are fucked on doing so because of ITAR. As far as I am concerned, ITAR went right out the window with Ice Cream Joe and Kumswalla's Afghanistan fuck up.

If there were a legal channel to donate small arms to Ukraine, with a guarantee that they actually get to them, I would be tempted to send some.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
An ingot of pure 24kt 3 nine fine gold the size of an ordinary brick or so, weighs nearly 75 imperial pounds. Back when they used to have public tours at Ft. Knox when it still had real gold in it they used to tell tourists they could have a bar tax free if they were able to pick it up with one hand using only their fingers.

There is no gold in Ft Knox, they used it all to pay for the Apollo program and when it failed they had to go to deficit spending to cover the costs of Stanley Kubrick's work on faking the videos and images. That is why we dropped the gold standard int he 70's.  By then, the Jews in Hollywood were the only ones with the gold.  True story!

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Granted no more fat Russians bombing cities, but it would hurt their ability to kill Ivan's arty and such?
View Quote

I would hope we are able to discriminate.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Not sure exactly what this means buts it appears to be something related to Russians sucking pig cock?

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/13450

View Quote
The translation of the Telegram message . . .

"The Kadyrovites believe that if they put lard in their squeaks, they will not get to Allah ...Hmm, animals, we have news for you, in a few hours we will receive a box of this "lubricant" for BC.
In addition, we will put a piece of lard in the mouth of every Muslim occupier killed ...
Therefore, the animals will go to Satan.
P.S. Muslim brothers who are against Russian expansion in Ukraine, I hope you understand that I did not want to offend you with this post."

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Die Hard two, all those dumptrucks of gold bars would all have been like tens of tons over weight, tire flattening spring destroying overweight.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Alpha as fuck.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

View Quote

India should be careful, their call centers and H1Bs are going to get their shit pushed in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mancow:

View Quote

So does a no fly zone mean Ukrainians can fly?

I thought it meant no flying whatsoever
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

My neighbors keep hiding in the dirt floor cellars in our old apartments during the sirens/bombings while I peacefully sleep through the night on the top floor.  Neighbor was asking where I was and I just smiled and laughed, saying I wasn't afraid to die.  She then looked at me and said those cellars offer no real protect and are a deathtrap.  I'd rather go instantly than buried under rubble.  There are other ways I'd prefer to go though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:18:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

I would love to see a Doolittle-esq offensive attack against Russia by Ukraine just to completely throw them off kilter.

Engels air base would be a great target with all of the bombers currently massed there.

If Ukraine has any fieldable Grom-2 SRBMs, this would be a perfect target to use them on. The potential loss of so many Blackjacks and Bears would be amazing. The Blackjacks are simply irreplaceable to Russia, especially if they're the modernized versions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Ukraine does not win without going on offense. Defense, retreat, getting encircled, defense, is a losing game.

I would love to see a Doolittle-esq offensive attack against Russia by Ukraine just to completely throw them off kilter.

Engels air base would be a great target with all of the bombers currently massed there.

If Ukraine has any fieldable Grom-2 SRBMs, this would be a perfect target to use them on. The potential loss of so many Blackjacks and Bears would be amazing. The Blackjacks are simply irreplaceable to Russia, especially if they're the modernized versions.

Not striking Russia across the border is a huge PR win for Ukraine though.  All casualties for civilians are Ukrainian, so they get nothing but sympathy from the international community.  Every Russian soldier killed is an invader, fully justified to the international community.  Not attacking Russia back across the border keeps material and monetary support flowing in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

There really needs to be a Special Farmer Action badge, ribbon, or medal for these civilians over there. The Uke govt is missing out on a huge morale boost.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

There really needs to be a Special Farmer Action badge, ribbon, or medal for these civilians over there. The Uke govt is missing out on a huge morale boost.

Have they added tractors in World of Tanks yet?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sq40:

I’m finding the guerrilla warfare with modern portable missiles and NODs highly effective against a conventional force.  We had to deal with various versions of it from Vietnam to Afghanistan, but not with the sophisticated technology the Ukrainians are employing.   Seeing irregulars as fast moving militias wrecking superior forces has been incredible.
View Quote

I can see with continued intelligence support and getting the locals up to speed on guerilla warfare, the Russian offense will stall with no reasonable way to provide an effective supply chain.  Every Ukrainian I've met wants Russians dead so they'll be highly motivated once organized and properly led.  There are plenty of guys around me sitting on their hands waiting while many others are fleeing here so I hope once they see a shift in the momentum, they'll train up and return home to finish off the Russians.  Wishful thinking but they keep surprising me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#33]

NE Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

That plane is done.

No amount of duct tape could get it airworthy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
Russian Su-25 attack aircraft managed to fly back to its air base after taking a direct Ukrainian MANPADS hit.

Video

https://t.me/OSINTUKRAINE/3150

Just as good as a kill, that aircraft won’t be air worthy for a while. Then again it is Russia, slap some duct tape over the holes and go on another bombing run of civilians trying to escape.

That plane is done.

No amount of duct tape could get it airworthy.

Yeah I know, it was a joke. Sarcasm doesn’t transfer well on the internet
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By David45:
The war is not going well for the Ukrainians, the foreign legion HQ just got blasted close to the Polish border and Elon Musk just blasted the "close the sky" crowd on twitter:

https://i.imgur.com/S8Y3AtR.jpg

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1503276966874595330

I think that the US is going rush some troops in to Ukraine and squat on some area in the west in order to retain influence; similar to what we did in southeast Syria. As a sign of how fast the situation is deteriorating someone is already calling for it in the Wall Street Journal.

Or maybe I'm wrong and all the propagandists here are right, and Russia will sue for peace and relief from sanctions after Putin is overthrown.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By midcap:

What are they firing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By midcap:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Holy fuck this video.  Aiming under the BMP at the dudes feet.  Savage.  Best (?) combat vid so far.  I'll post a twitter link when i find it.

https://t.me/u_now/29043

ETA:  Posted right about me.  I was too late.

Check out the slo mo of the dismounted Russian feet. Good payback for opening fire at that elderly couple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrCS1m2Sm_w

What are they firing?
30mm cannon
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

It's laid out on the parts table and Hiroshi just needs to charge his Makita so he can be put it together.

Hiroshi is a bit drunk and has been at the local hostess bar since 7:00 pm, he needs a few hours to get over the Chinese hooker that was trying to get the blueprints, but he will deliver.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

That APC at the end really had a bad day from that 30mm cannon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M-1975:

That APC at the end really had a bad day from that 30mm cannon.

Can that 30mm cannon have any significant effect on a T-72bm?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:

Well, we could start with enforcing a "no-fly zone" means that someone is flying around in it. It really means "no fly zone for them but not us."
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
The OGPU, NKVD, and later the KGB, and now the FSB were not novel inventions of Lenin; the OGPU was the same people from the Romanov secret police, called the Cheka. It's an inherent part of Russian culture. It's an unbroken chain of personnel that specialize in the oh dark thirty knocks and bullets to the neck in the basement of the Lubyanka for the Rodina.
View Quote

Cheka was formed in 1917, it means ЧК  - чрезвыча́йная коми́ссия

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheka

The Soviets loved these abbreviations, if it's an acronym, it was probably set up in the 1917 -1920 time frame. The Tsar did have a secret police but it was nowhere near as effective or bruta as Cheka.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:26:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#43]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Call me picky, but if I have a choice between one ATGM with 1500m range and another with ~4000m range, I want every inch of that extra stand-off distance between me and the enemy tank.

A tank can shoot me, hose down the area with coax, sic some of his BMP buddies on me, or just pick up a radio and call for arty. If he was feeling really sporty and survived after my shot, he could probably smush me by driving over in 10-15 minutes or less. I don't think a crappy Russian tank has to estimate any holdover with his gunner's sight at that range, that's just a lay on target kind thing.

I know Russian tank's have not been performing well lately, but 1500-2500m of extra distance between me and him sounds nice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Israels Spike-SR is that 75% Jav; its got much of the capability of the Javelin but in the self contained, lightweight form factor of the NLAW. Basically the Goldilocks of ATGMs.

The core advantage is that it uses the missiles own thermal seeker as the weapons 'CLU/Sight' - eliminating the bulky and extremely expensive separate CLU of the Javelin. The 'sight' the soldier aims through is just a little camera that shows what the missile seeker is seeing. This results in that each missile is self contained and can be deployed by a single man, and then when fired, the tube can just be chucked on the ground.

Whereas a Javelin missile without the CLU is basically useless. And the combined weight of the CLU + Jav makes it effectively a 2 man system.

Spike-SR: 21.2lbs / 1500m range
NLAW: 28lbs / 600m range
Javelin + CLU: 49lbs / 4000m range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycP05g-clX8

https://i.ibb.co/pzHpWtM/Screen-Shot-2020-09-28-at-2-27-08-AM.png

The big problem is that its an Israeli system - and the Izzys dont want to piss off the Ruskies because they need a working relationship due to Syria.

Hopefully Sweden or someone develops a similar system.

I know Russian tank's have not been performing well lately, but 1500-2500m of extra distance between me and him sounds nice.

I dunno. Look at the vid from a couple days ago where the tank got blasted from <100m and his platoon mates shot at everything except where the shot came from while the dismounts played keystone cops.

ETA. I do agree that mo distance is mo betterer.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:26:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zhukov] [#44]
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

And the fact that they are using HF radio without any kind of encryption is just insane to me. Even having armored vehicles on an HF net let alone strategic bombers just blows my Electronics technician mind. This stuff is so 1940-1950ish it is crazy.

For those that want to listen in to to this frequency, keep in mind that we here in the US would not likely have propagation unless the entire path is in darkness due to the D layer absorption during daylight hours. An hour or so into day on each end could be a possibility, but not much more. If you log in to SDR (Software Defined Radio's) on the internet that are closer (Europe) to the area of operation, you results would likely be much better. Of course East coast stations would have a lot better chance if trying to receive this frequency directly because of one less Ionospheric hop than say myself here in Missouri. Receivers on the west coast have almost no chance.

The times I have tried to listen in on the Kiwi SDR network and find receivers in the theatre, they always seem to be so busy.  I suspect a lot of people are trying to listen in all of the time.

James K0UA
View Quote

What is the frequency?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Yep. No-Fly is no-fly for all.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sq40:

If there were a legal channel to donate small arms to Ukraine, with a guarantee that they actually get to them, I would be tempted to send some.
View Quote

I'd just want a few of my things shipped over and I'll be happy.  Then I'd have to try to convince the UA government to allow me to have them.  Guess I'd be fighting a losing battle so would have to resort to the battlefield pickup exception I'm being told.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:28:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Elon Musk is 50.  Putin is 69 or 70.   I think I'd put my money on the youth of the mad genius.
View Quote

Don’t forget that Putin is a Judo master. I’m pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Don't forget that Putin is a Judo master. I'm pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Elon Musk is 50.  Putin is 69 or 70.   I think I'd put my money on the youth of the mad genius.

Don't forget that Putin is a Judo master. I'm pretty sure even at 70 he can use that to his advantage.

His black belt was revoked so it doesn't count anymore.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1070 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top