Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1139 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
You cannot radiate anything that isn't DFable in some fashion. Best you can do is maybe encrypt the content, or only radiate in short bursts or something, but it's physically impossible to radiate energy secretly.
View Quote

Yes, but. The DF available would likely not be accurate enough to call in an artillery hit like what was seen in the video. It's likely the rooskies were just using the Aeroscope that DJI sells to get precise coordinates of where the GCS (or the drone) was and they used that for precise targeting rather than RFDF. This is why most organizations in the US have moved away from using DJI stuff, because it destroys OPSEC and could compromise data.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
There's a bunch of drones that don't rat you out to the PRC and are also pretty nice. Fuck DJI

Side note... There's some pretty large and fast remote controlled boats.
View Quote

Do you mind posting a few examples?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

I know nothing about drones or drone software.  How can Russia find the location of an operator?  Basic radio location finding?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Russia is using a feature in the DJI drone software to locate and bomb the drone pilots.

There's several ways to counter the whole thing and I'm sure it won't be too big a deal. I'm also sure there's more than a few "drone pilots" that need a fresh set of underwear and another drone off Amazon.

I know nothing about drones or drone software.  How can Russia find the location of an operator?  Basic radio location finding?

Areoscope can detect more than just DJI if the comms it detects matches what it has in a lookup database. However since it's a DJI product it can decrypt the communication of DJI drones and get precise information from the data feed. All of these drones rely on GPS data for a number of functions. So if you fly DJI and are in range of an areoscope installation you're fucked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

Ok @thot_vaccine, what are these specific methods you speak of? Details please. Asking for a friend
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

Russia is using a feature in the DJI drone software to locate and bomb the drone pilots.

There's several ways to counter the whole thing and I'm sure it won't be too big a deal. I'm also sure there's more than a few "drone pilots" that need a fresh set of underwear and another drone off Amazon.

Ok @thot_vaccine, what are these specific methods you speak of? Details please. Asking for a friend

DJI literally SELLS their drone operations data.  All sorts of entities can buy receivers or the raw data.  Aeroscope  Anyone using a DJI product for warfare purposes is an idiot.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

How to lose credibility 101
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

How to lose credibility 101

Geez,  I first thought this was AOC spewing garbage.  I Know she is outspoken and I generally agree with with what she says but this is pure BS.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#6]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

That's patently false. FDR actively ignored it while he was campaigning to recognize the USSR in the 30s and make sweet brotherly love to his communist fellow travelers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

That’s a rather impossible question to answer don’t you think?

The point was that we did not as a nation willingly ignore the intentional starvation of millions of Ukrainians.

That's patently false. FDR actively ignored it while he was campaigning to recognize the USSR in the 30s and make sweet brotherly love to his communist fellow travelers.

Got a source on that?

I’ve read several books that covered the holodomor and none of them have told such a tale. We were aware of a famine in the Soviet Union but not of the severity, or causes of it.

I’m also not saying nobody knew what was going on, but that it was not widely known.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like this pilot ejected into the ground.  I don't know if he is Russian or not.  Su-25

https://t.me/milinfolive/78958
View Quote

Holy shit how many planes went down in this?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Yall took a video clip and speculated a bunch.

We saw a shell/explosion hit where someone was using a drone. While it's possible they are getting the data from china it's equally or more possible a russian watched where it landed and sent some boom that way.

Bunch of folks in this thread take one little piece of data or rumor and run wild with it.

Not that this drone one is such a big deal but as one example of many it is rather tiring.
View All Quotes

We saw a shell/explosion hit where someone was using a drone. While it's possible they are getting the data from china it's equally or more possible a russian watched where it landed and sent some boom that way.

Bunch of folks in this thread take one little piece of data or rumor and run wild with it.

Not that this drone one is such a big deal but as one example of many it is rather tiring.

The Aeroscope that DJI sells would give precise coordinates. As to how many of them the rooskies have and whether that was used in this circumstance, that part is speculation. But, it would make a LOT of sense for the rooskies to be using ChinaIsAsshoe equipment and software.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Wow…

Multiple jets crashing in a 30 second video.
View All Quotes
Looks like this pilot ejected into the ground.  I don't know if he is Russian or not.  Su-25

Wow…

Looked like the proverbial knife fight in a phone booth.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]
What's this shit about Russia reversing the flow of the gas pipeline going to Germany?

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Google: Aeroscope+Ukraine+Drone
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Got a source on that?

I’ve read several books that covered the holodomor and none of them have told such a tale. We were aware of a famine in the Soviet Union but not of the severity, or causes of it.

I’m also not saying nobody knew what was going on, but that it was not widely known.
View Quote

https://www.husj.harvard.edu/articles/contextualizing-fdrs-campaign-to-recognize-the-soviet-union-1932-1933

https://education.holodomor.ca/teaching-materials/holodomor-denial-silences/
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Voland:

This is exactly right... Ukraine had nazi sympathizers during wwii just like we had thousands of card carrying members of the nazi party. Today, Ukraine has nazi sympathizers just like we do here. Unfortunately,  those folks tend to be drawn to violence and tend to be over represented in military/war type situations. There are lots of 88 types in the military in the US as well as jails. Azov guys are likely ex zeki (served time) because those guys are hard as f, so I wouldn't be surprised by the affiliation...

Still, they are figing under a Jewish president (absolutely crazy to me) and they are fighting for their country. I'm not aware of any actual nazi shit they do...

Not defending it as I'm Jewish myself, but I can at least make logical sense of it...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

Of course it is! There are even pictures from close to 10 years ago that show 6 guys from Azov posing with a nazi flag. That's all the proof I need! I'm sure glad there have never been any soldiers or groups in OUR military that were gang or nazi-affiliated. But the media showed me that picture, so I know that the entire Ukranian army is literally Hitler and we shouldn't be supporting them in this. That fricking jew Zelensky and his nazi goons!

This is exactly right... Ukraine had nazi sympathizers during wwii just like we had thousands of card carrying members of the nazi party. Today, Ukraine has nazi sympathizers just like we do here. Unfortunately,  those folks tend to be drawn to violence and tend to be over represented in military/war type situations. There are lots of 88 types in the military in the US as well as jails. Azov guys are likely ex zeki (served time) because those guys are hard as f, so I wouldn't be surprised by the affiliation...

Still, they are figing under a Jewish president (absolutely crazy to me) and they are fighting for their country. I'm not aware of any actual nazi shit they do...

Not defending it as I'm Jewish myself, but I can at least make logical sense of it...

I kinda figured there are a mix over there of some actual 88 types, some who are just trying to adopt the most opposite thing they can find from Soviet Communism (Hegelian dialectic? ), and many who are just attracted to the psychological symbolism of adopting the signs of the Russian boogeyman in a war against Russians.

What lives in a Russians head rent free more than Nazi stuff?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#14]

We don't have the funds or ability to help another country when our own is coming apart at the seams from social unrest and economic disaster.
View Quote

That's a pretty good direct msm liberal bullshit quote right there. I give you high marks for still believing that smelly pile.
Since you like perspective, take the top ten cities with high crime, and remove them from your numbers. Now how bad is your awful Amerika? We have gun violence due to political policy, not because "we" have a national problem.

Perhaps you should start a different thread on this and invite me into it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

View All Quotes

Wow…

After looking at it again it appears to be a pair of SU25s on a bomb run I’m guessing first explosion is bomb drop. Plane shot down was from ground AAA fire as you see tracers going toward it at end of the video. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:01:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PeepEater] [#16]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

That's a pretty good direct msm liberal bullshit quote right there. I give you high marks for still believing that smelly pile.
Since you like perspective, take the top ten cities with high crime, and remove them from your numbers. Now how bad is your awful Amerika? We have gun violence due to political policy, not because "we" have a national problem.

Perhaps you should start a different thread on this and invite me into it.
View Quote

Political policy is our national problem and removing our top ten cities from statistics is a classroom exercise not possible in reality.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

oh no not Norse runes

Yeah let's send weapons and insist we don't arm the most combat effective unit they have because of runes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By Tomislav:
Originally Posted By x248716x:

somebody needs to explain it to her.  maybe one of her staffers is an idiot. maybe.  maybe not.

Or we should look into who we are supporting.

Plenty of non-Norse rune bearing Ukrainians for America to support. Maybe we should stick to those?

oh no not Norse runes

Yeah let's send weapons and insist we don't arm the most combat effective unit they have because of runes

THIS

And they are not even accused of being antisemites ( jewish friend who's from there told me they are NOT antisemites )

Arm them, let them kill russians by the 1000's and call it a day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By dangerranger61007:

Damn. Where did the body flying in from the right at the end come from?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dangerranger61007:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Full video of that tank kill.  Graphic as fuck,

https://streamable.com/sicnpd

Damn. Where did the body flying in from the right at the end come from?

Low Earth Orbit is my guess.  That had to have been airborne for a few seconds.  Maybe it bounced off a structure?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#19]

A little off topic, where does the "globohomo" thing originate?  I see it on the chans but it has to have a root source.  Who is preaching this ideology?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eesmith:
One of my friends there runs with Azov people, I'm not super worked up about it (they actually promised me some swag) but it is funny many of the same wine mom urbanites and shitlibs that wanted to cancel the entire trucker convoy because one person showed up with a swastika, are sweating while they grapple with well ackshuallying the turbo based power level of the average Eastern European.

There ain't nothing globohomo about Ukraine, and sometimes it makes for hilarious narrative confusion.

A little off topic, where does the "globohomo" thing originate?  I see it on the chans but it has to have a root source.  Who is preaching this ideology?
Salo forums /MPC dot com are where most of the dissident slang originated, it usually gets popularized by the chans though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Video of a small firefight somewhere in Ukraine. Ukrainian guys taking turns shooting from cover. One has a sound moderator.

????? ?????? ?? ??????????????? ? ?.?. ????? ???????? ??????? ?? ??????? ?????? ???. ???????????
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#21]
a translation of Putin's speech yesterday
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#22]
About those Syrians.

RINA BALACHUK - THURSDAY, 17 MARCH, 2022, 13:34

According to the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine (DIU), some Syrian fighters consider participating in the war on the Russian side a chance to further desert and illegally migrate to EU countries.

Quote: "Recently, more than 30 fighters who were wounded in battles against the Ukrainian defenders have arrived from Russia to the Hmeimim Air Base, a Syrian airbase currently operated by Russia. This negatively affected the morale of other fighters and, as a result, some of them have refused to take part in armed hostilities.

Cases of self-mutilation have even been reported among Syrian fighters. Some fighters consider deploying to Russia and Belarus as a chance to further desert and illegally migrate to EU countries."

Details: The DIU reported that the command of the Russian military base Hmeimim in Syria was instructed to send up to 300 fighters to Ukraine every day. On 15 March, 150 fighters were sent to Russia to take part in armed hostilities against Ukraine.
According to the DIU, there are plans to send weapons, military equipment, and other resources from Syria to Russia and Belarus in the near future to support the Russian occupiers.

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has promised to provide Russia, in total, with 40,000 fighters for the war in Ukraine.

During recruitment, recruits were promised they would be performing only policing functions to bring order to the occupied territories.

But later, information started to circulate among the fighters that they would be taking part in armed hostilities against the Ukrainian army, and this significantly reduced the "fighting spirit" of the Syrians.
View Quote
Intelligence: Syrian fighters go to war in Ukraine to flee to EU
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Yea, I have to think this is the explanation,  but she should have been more direct in saying it instead of the games. The games are not caught by all. Just the talking point of what she said.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:
Originally Posted By x248716x:

I think she's worth keeping around just for how much she sticks it to Pelosi and Schumer and those other miserable fucks.  just for that alone, she's worth it.  but she did put her foot in her mouth on this one.
I think she's trying to channel Alinsky's rule about forcing the enemy to live up to their own rules, in this case the lefty claim that any nazy anywhere even tangentially involved with something is enough to discredit the entire cause. She basically wants them to publicly admit situations are more complicated and it's a stupid argument, especially given the way she was attacked for going to AFPAC.

This is also her creating a talking point for the next time she's attacked for meeting with/speaking to controversial people.

Yea, I have to think this is the explanation,  but she should have been more direct in saying it instead of the games. The games are not caught by all. Just the talking point of what she said.
I think it's a stupid and counterproductive tactic, and doesn't work on leftists (it fact it reinforces their initial points) because Alinsky tactics are incredibly contextual.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#24]

The Aeroscope that DJI sells would give precise coordinates. As to how many of them the rooskies have and whether that was used in this circumstance, that part is speculation. But, it would make a LOT of sense for the rooskies to be using ChinaIsAsshoe equipment and software.
View Quote

It would make a lot of sense.

It would also make a lot of sense that the video isn't even from this year or ukraine and russia is sick of people using cheap drones to call in artillery so released a propaganda video. The point is we really have no fucking idea and i'm sure there is a drone forum somewhere yall can chat all about signal security for your consumer drones to meet your red dawn fantasies.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:09:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I think it's a stupid and counterproductive tactic, and doesn't work on leftists (it fact it reinforces their initial points) because Alinsky tactics are incredibly contextual.
View Quote

Well that and the left doesn't follow their own rules. Exposing them just makes them stronger because it rallies fellow travelers and simps to their defense.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#26]
TASHKENT -- Uzbekistan says it does not recognize the pro-Russian separatist-controlled districts in Ukraine's Donbas, known as the Donetsk and Luhansk "people's republics," and has called for a "peaceful solution" to end Russia's unprovoked attack against Ukraine.

Speaking to Uzbek lawmakers on March 17, Foreign Minister Abdulaziz Komilov called for the two sides to resolve the conflict "by diplomatic means."

"Firstly, the military actions and violence must be stopped right away. The Republic of Uzbekistan recognizes Ukraine's independence, sovereignty, and territorial integrity. We do not recognize the Luhansk and Donetsk republics," Komilov said, adding that his country had historic ties both with Ukraine and Russia.

"Taking into account its national interests, Uzbekistan will continue mutual cooperation with both countries," Komilov said.

Uzbekistan is the second country in Central Asia -- a region often allied with Russia -- to break ranks with Moscow over its unprovoked attack on Ukraine.
Earlier in March, Kazakhstan denied a request from Moscow to provide troops for the offensive in Ukraine and also stated that it did not recognize the Kremlin-backed separatist "republics" in Ukraine.
View Quote
In Break With Moscow, Uzbeks Won't Recognize Separatist 'Republics' In Ukraine
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#27]
The presidents of China and the United States will talk on Friday for the first time since the Russian invasion of Ukraine began, the White House has announced.Xi Jinping and Joe Biden will discuss "managing the competition between our two countries as well as Russia's war against Ukraine", according to a statement by White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

The Chinese government has yet to confirm the phone call. The US statement did not say what time the call would take place.

The announcement follows a seven-hour meeting between US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan and the most senior Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi in Rome on Monday, which was dominated by the crisis in Ukraine.
View Quote

Developing | Chinese President Xi Jinping and US President Joe Biden to discuss Russian invasion of Ukraine on Friday, White House says
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#28]
I think she's trying to channel Alinsky's rule about forcing the enemy to live up to their own rules, in this case the lefty claim that any nazy anywhere even tangentially involved with something is enough to discredit the entire cause. She basically wants them to publicly admit situations are more complicated and it's a stupid argument, especially given the way she was attacked for going to AFPAC.

This is also her creating a talking point for the next time she's attacked for meeting with/speaking to controversial people.
View Quote

This looks like an opportunity to direct some cancel culture love on those lefties that have been displaying communist flags and symbols the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.husj.harvard.edu/articles/contextualizing-fdrs-campaign-to-recognize-the-soviet-union-1932-1933

View All Quotes

Got a source on that?

All of this supports my initial statement that it wasn’t well understood in the west.

The initial post I responded to was questioning why back then there was no outrage but now there is.

It was not commonly known by people in the west, including most politicians. The few that knew squashed the information that was coming out. Why weren’t most politicians or citizens upset? they didn’t know.

Now with this invasion? It’s all on grand display across our screens. Everybody can clearly see what’s happening.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Doesn't look good for Poland only wanting to transfer those MIGs to USA, then to Ukraine.  Why can't a European nation handle the transfer?  

Since Poland is the next country west of Ukraine, one would think they would readily transfer those MIGs. Probably because Poland has turned back into being a tit sucker on USA.  They want fresh F-16s on a 1 to 1 for the old MIGs.  What are they thinking?
View Quote

They are doubting America's commitment to saving their ass due to their knowledge of their own history, and the last 2 (or up to 6) US Presidents, and they are trying to get the best possible deal they can get, because giving jets to Ukraine directly or indirectly isn't without considerable risk to themselves.

So as a medium sized country in a bad spot, right next door to a huge Russian outpost chock full of nuclear weapons, I would say they are being pretty prudent.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:16:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Russia's Finance Ministry claimed Thursday it had fulfilled crucial interest payments on two dollar-denominated eurobonds, saying the order had been made to payment agent Citibank in London.

The ministry said it would later comment separately on whether the $117 million in total payments has been credited.

Citibank declined to comment when contacted by CNBC on Thursday morning.

The delivery of payment on the two eurobond coupons is a key test for Russia. The Kremlin is staring down the prospect of its first foreign currency debt default in more than a century after the U.S. and international allies imposed a barrage of economic sanctions over its invasion of Ukraine.

The penalties have blocked a bulk of Russia's gold and foreign exchange reserves and sought to cut off Moscow from the global financial system.
Russia had until the end of business Wednesday to fulfill its obligations and pay $117 million in interest on two sovereign eurobonds.
View Quote
Russia claims to have ordered crucial bond payment as it seeks to avoid historic debt default
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Kanati:

I kinda figured there are a mix over there of some actual 88 types, some who are just trying to adopt the most opposite thing they can find from Soviet Communism (Hegelian dialectic? ), and many who are just attracted to the psychological symbolism of adopting the signs of the Russian boogeyman in a war against Russians.

What lives in a Russians head rent free more than Nazi stuff?
View Quote

6 pages of Nazis, a flying man and drones.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#33]

It would also make a lot of sense that the video isn't even from this year or ukraine and russia is sick of people using cheap drones to call in artillery so released a propaganda video. The point is we really have no fucking idea and i'm sure there is a drone forum somewhere yall can chat all about signal security for your consumer drones to meet your red dawn fantasies.
View All Quotes

Blah, blah, blah. Read up on DoD's Blue sUAS: Blue UAS 2.0

Personally, I build my own for both myself and on the job. I know exactly what goes into them and can control everything about them. The use of "inexpensive" (and I use that term loosely) drones in combat isn't a fantasy, it's a reality.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#34]

All of this supports my initial statement that it wasn’t well understood in the west.

The initial post I responded to was questioning why back then there was no outrage but now there is.

It was not commonly known by people in the west, including most politicians. The few that knew squashed the information that was coming out. Why weren’t most politicians or citizens upset? they didn’t know.

Now with this invasion? It’s all on grand display across our screens. Everybody can clearly see what’s happening.
View Quote

The people that knew were the people in a position to make decisions. People in the US need to look at maps during history class and ask how the USSR invaded and took half of Europe while allegedly fighting a defensive war against a horse drawn German army. Probably should ask where all of the Jewish Kulaks went as well.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#35]
PRISTINA (Reuters) - Kosovo President Vjosa Osmani has asked U.S. President Joe Biden to use Washington's influence within NATO member states to help her country join the military alliance.

In a letter sent to Biden dated March 10th and seen by Reuters on Thursday, Osmani said that in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, joining NATO was her main national security priority.

"Kosovo's membership in NATO has become an imperative," Osmani said in her letter.

"We express our faith and expectation that the U.S. will use its leadership and influence to actively support and advance the complex process of NATO membership for Kosovo," Osmani wrote.

Washington remains Kosovo's main supporter, both politically and financially, since the small Balkan nation declared independence from Serbia in 2008.
View Quote

Kosovo President Asks Washington for Help in Joining NATO
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
About those Syrians.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
About those Syrians.

RINA BALACHUK - THURSDAY, 17 MARCH, 2022, 13:34

According to the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine (DIU), some Syrian fighters consider participating in the war on the Russian side a chance to further desert and illegally migrate to EU countries.

Quote: "Recently, more than 30 fighters who were wounded in battles against the Ukrainian defenders have arrived from Russia to the Hmeimim Air Base, a Syrian airbase currently operated by Russia. This negatively affected the morale of other fighters and, as a result, some of them have refused to take part in armed hostilities.

Cases of self-mutilation have even been reported among Syrian fighters. Some fighters consider deploying to Russia and Belarus as a chance to further desert and illegally migrate to EU countries."

Details: The DIU reported that the command of the Russian military base Hmeimim in Syria was instructed to send up to 300 fighters to Ukraine every day. On 15 March, 150 fighters were sent to Russia to take part in armed hostilities against Ukraine.
According to the DIU, there are plans to send weapons, military equipment, and other resources from Syria to Russia and Belarus in the near future to support the Russian occupiers.

Syria's President Bashar al-Assad has promised to provide Russia, in total, with 40,000 fighters for the war in Ukraine.

During recruitment, recruits were promised they would be performing only policing functions to bring order to the occupied territories.

But later, information started to circulate among the fighters that they would be taking part in armed hostilities against the Ukrainian army, and this significantly reduced the "fighting spirit" of the Syrians.

cue "I TOLD YOU SO"
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:21:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By batjka104:
Video of a small firefight somewhere in Ukraine. Ukrainian guys taking turns shooting from cover. One has a sound moderator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLN1d1T_ks
View Quote

To add,

This is going on in a village called Moschun, 33 km from Kiev.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#38]

Wow

View All Quotes

Wow

Looked to me like probably the first very low pass aircraft augered in causing the giant fireball.  A second one flew right through the middle of the fireball and exited to the left with his nose dropping abruptly, the center of that fireball couldn't have been good for his engines.  Third one coming in from the right rolled and pilot ejected into the ground.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:24:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#39]
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates  Emirati property magnate Hussain Sajwani is riding high after a record start to the year for Dubai's property market.

"Dubai is doing very well," the veteran real estate developer told CNBC on Wednesday. "The way Dubai handled Covid was a key factor in booming the market now."

Dubai saw $35 billion worth of property market transactions in 2021, the highest recorded since the global financial crisis, according to real estate firm Savills. A separate report from CBRE said total transaction volumes are now tracking at the highest level ever recorded for the first two months of this year.

Sajwani said the United Arab Emirates, which has long been a popular destination for Russian wealth and tourism, would stand to benefit as Russians seek refuge in the UAE and a safe haven for their fortunes amid the ongoing war in Ukraine and unprecedented Western sanctions.

"I'm sure a lot of Russians are trying to fix their problems and their issues, but Dubai will benefit ultimately from any crisis," he said. It comes after the UAE, which has deepening ties with Russia, decided not to match sanctions imposed by Western nations on Russia for its invasion of Ukraine.
View Quote

Property booming in 'sanction free' Dubai as Russian interest spikes
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:26:04 AM EDT
[#40]
BERLIN, Germany  Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky evoked the Holocaust in his address to Germany's parliament Thursday, telling lawmakers that vows to never let the atrocity be repeated are empty in light of a failure to prevent Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

"Every year politicians repeat 'never again,'" the Ukrainian leader said, referring to annual Holocaust commemorations.

"And now, we see that these words simply mean nothing. A people is being destroyed in Europe," he said, noting that 108 children had been killed in his country since the start of the Russian offensive.

Zelensky stressed that the future of the continent was at stake in the current war and argued that governments across the West were failing to meet the moment.

"Help us stop this war," he said.
View Quote
Zelensky tells German MPs 'never again' Holocaust slogan is now meaningless
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#41]

Blah, blah, blah. Read up on DoD's Blue sUAS: Blue UAS 2.0

Personally, I build my own for both myself and on the job. I know exactly what goes into them and can control everything about them. The use of "inexpensive" (and I use that term loosely) drones in combat isn't a fantasy, it's a reality.
View Quote

The point is stating as a fact that russia was getting the info relayed back from china is speculative and not fact.

Cheap drones certainly have a place in combat but the idea that your personal dji is going to be hacked by russians conus to target you with artillery is certainly in the fantasy realm.

Moreover the thread could use a lot less conjecture.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Germany has a track record of being on the wrong side of history.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:30:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Russian checkpoint looking for the imaginary Nazis. Tattoos. And mosins. Lol.

View Quote

I'm not sure this got enough appreciation.

A Russian with a Mosin and looking like he walked straight out of WWII is doing TCP operations? In 2022?

Tell me more about how this goat rodeo is actually going well for the Russians...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By JGFreeman:

I always viewed the SS runes being used by the USMC Scout Snipers as an act of victory, they subjugated their enemy so thoroughly, an enemy that was supposedly superior in every way including genetics that after defeating them they took the Symbol of the SS as their own "trophy" and made it their own.

When the main stream media caught wind of it and made them remove it, to me it seemed like they were taking away their earned war trophy and reputation to some extent. FYI I am not nor ever was in the USMC but this is how I viewed it as an American.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JGFreeman:
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Wait until you find out about USMC snipers and their SS runes.

I always viewed the SS runes being used by the USMC Scout Snipers as an act of victory, they subjugated their enemy so thoroughly, an enemy that was supposedly superior in every way including genetics that after defeating them they took the Symbol of the SS as their own "trophy" and made it their own.

When the main stream media caught wind of it and made them remove it, to me it seemed like they were taking away their earned war trophy and reputation to some extent. FYI I am not nor ever was in the USMC but this is how I viewed it as an American.

Th USMC didn't fight nor defeat the SS
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

I'm happy to have always 100% consistent in my opinion that she's a mouth breathing retard.
View Quote
She has better sentence structure than you.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

I'm not sure this got enough appreciation.

A Russian with a Mosin and looking like he walked straight out of WWII is doing TCP operations? In 2022?

Tell me more about how this goat rodeo is actually going well for the Russians...
View Quote

Those are DPR separatists.
They get the trash
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Article by: Joshua Daniel Hershfield

"History repeats itself" is a popular phrase. There is a lesser-known, but more accurate phrase attributed to Mark Twain, that says "History doesn't repeat, but it rhymes." In Russia's assault on Ukraine, there are historical rhymes to pre-World War II Europe, and the world is once again failing to adequately respond to the threat.
View Quote
Western policies of appeasement produced a monster again
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By goneshootin:

Areoscope can detect more than just DJI if the comms it detects matches what it has in a lookup database. However since it's a DJI product it can decrypt the communication of DJI drones and get precise information from the data feed. All of these drones rely on GPS data for a number of functions. So if you fly DJI and are in range of an areoscope installation you're fucked.
View Quote

This is fascinating and good info.  Thanks.  I was thinking one day I might get a drone, but it seems I have some research to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Looked to me like probably the first very low pass aircraft augered in causing the giant fireball.  A second one flew right through the middle of the fireball and exited to the left with his nose dropping abruptly, the center of that fireball couldn't have been good for his engines.  Third one coming in from the right rolled and pilot ejected into the ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

Wow

Do we know yet whose jets they were?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 10:41:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1139 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top