Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1144 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Video is pro Russian propaganda. Sorry m8. Stopped when he called the 2014 overthrow of Yanukovitch “democratically elected”.  No proof in that video at all that Azov is just an expendable group being used to undermine Ukraine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By N2CH_556:

Watch the video in my post.  The C14 leader says it in his own words.

Also read any white paper from any western  think-thank discussing the topic for the past several decades.  They may use fancy language but it’s what they’re saying.

Same message from people like Zbigniew Brzezinski or other contemporary high level architects of geopolitical policy and strategy.

There’s also an interview of Soros from 1995 which has been posted here a bazillion times ..may want to give that a read.

Start with the video in my post.

Video is pro Russian propaganda. Sorry m8. Stopped when he called the 2014 overthrow of Yanukovitch “democratically elected”.  No proof in that video at all that Azov is just an expendable group being used to undermine Ukraine.

The Kremlin bullshit propaganda spigot is on full blast - looking like a waterfall. Gotta cover up Vlad murdering civilians somehow - why not ask conservatives to do it for them???
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
A little more information on the Su-25 video crashing/getting shot down

View Quote

Possibly flying too close to the initial ground attack from the lead plane and then they have to fly through the fireball and ricochets and screw up their engines?

It looks a bit like DCS to me, but who knows...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:41:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

Russia has been helping splat people w/ artillery through SIGINT since 2014.   It's been a constant feature of the conflict even before they put it into high gear.
View Quote

a perfectly viable theory but not necessarily a fact of the video we are discussing.

this thread is full of people speculating about what happened then other people parroting that speculation as fact and then people further speculate off of that.

it's a bigger issue than anything to do with the stupid drone.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:42:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e1BndTE6Lg
View Quote
Now *that* is an effective message.  The Jan 6th stuff is neo-con propaganda but the rest of the message is 100% right on point to resonate with the average Russian.

Good job Arnie.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Bad Motherfucker.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Nestle joined the Koch brothers in the asshole club.

Ukraine's prime minister said the CEO of Swiss food giant Nestle showed "no understanding" after he asked the firm to stop all of its business in Russia.

Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal on Thursday said in a tweet that he spoke with Mark Schneider about Nestle's continued operations in Russia. "Unfortunately, he shows no understanding," Shmyhal wrote.

"Paying taxes to the budget of a terrorist country means killing defenseless children&mothers," Shmyhal tweeted, adding that he hoped that "Nestle will change its mind soon."
View Quote
Ukraine's Prime Minister says Nestle CEO showed 'no understanding' after he urged the firm to cease all business in Russia
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Lived a tough life, ignoring the legs, his face and hands are definitely aged.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Chicago hospitals see more dead folks than that one hospital unless you are claiming all of Ukraine's casualties came through that one hospital. Dead folks are dead and the US has more dead folks with bullet wounds every year than Ukraine has at the moment. We don't need to borrow money from the fraction of our grandchildren that will actually be producers to give it away to a foreign country as long as our domestic issues eclipse our exposure to foreign troubles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

You said dead with a bullet in their chest. Stop changing the argument just because I handed you your ass. I gave CONFIRMED CIVILIAN DEAD from the war, I did not include injured. That would blow your pathetic ass argument even further out of the water. Stop while you are WAY behind. You're only making yourself look like a bigger fool. Are you honestly comparing what is happening in Kiev or Marsipol with Chicago? Fucking idiotic.

Chicago hospitals see more dead folks than that one hospital unless you are claiming all of Ukraine's casualties came through that one hospital. Dead folks are dead and the US has more dead folks with bullet wounds every year than Ukraine has at the moment. We don't need to borrow money from the fraction of our grandchildren that will actually be producers to give it away to a foreign country as long as our domestic issues eclipse our exposure to foreign troubles.

You are quoting US deaths PER YEAR versus what has happened in Ukraine in THREE WEEKS! I even normalized the numbers for you in my first post refuting your claims. Ukraine is FAR outpacing the US in deaths and injuries from malicious gunfire if you adjust by population and timeframe. If you can't see that, I can't help you. I fucking did the math and laid it out for you. But by all means, cling to your pathetic argument that was decimated without any effort whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Europe has to either grow a pair or cease to exist.
View All Quotes

I am indeed old. While I realize we can't and shouldn't be in every fight... that does not mean we shouldn't fight when the situation calls. Russia has the potential to destabilize and even largely destroy the world. They have a track record of genocide and indiscriminate slaughter of civilians. They will continue until they are stopped. Like it or not, we are the only nation who can/will stop them - either directly or by serving as the nucleus of an international effort. For the US to do nothing is to condemn 44 million people to death or oppression, and I fear it will not stop at Ukraine.

The sad thing is we allowed it to get this far, and that is only emboldening Putin. It started with Georgia under Bush 43, continued under Obama, stopped in its tracks under Trump, and now is now on bath salts under Biden and a feckless Europe. Where does it end if we step back and wash our hands?

You're not wrong, but that is a process and the threat of Russia is now. Trump tried to warn them, they ignored. They are now seeing the folly. With luck they will make a sea change in the coming months and years. But we need leadership right fucking now. Millions and potentially hundreds of millions of lives hang in the balance. Weakness, both from Europe and right here, embolden the tyrants.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Not entirely true. Not all drone operators have to be licensed(still have to follow the rules though) hence why the Mavic Mini line up is a thing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:
In regards to the DJI drone issue. It came about as a result of the Drone/Aircraft encounters. Feds/ LE wanted a way to ID drones & the operators & DJI jumped at the chance. They also wanted a way to disable drones in the vicinity of airports. So if you own a DJI and there is some old grass air strip nearby, you won't be able to fly. All drone operators have to be FAA licensed (pay
a fee) & display their license number on their drone now. And if you are a commercial drone operator, there is special Pat 107 licensing for you. Commercial is anything including roof inspections, real estate pics etc.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/recreational_fliers/

Not entirely true. Not all drone operators have to be licensed(still have to follow the rules though) hence why the Mavic Mini line up is a thing.

Yea,
There is a lot in that post that I know as a fact is bullshit.  I have an actual airport 4.5 miles from my house, yet every nice morning I take my Mini 2 for a mile loop around my house and never get an airspace warning.  In addition, it is under 249 grams so no licensing needed.
The sad truth is, that without a ton of effort, the DJI is the best game in town. As far as the Nanny stuff, at least right now, I appreciate the help in making sure I don't crash my toy and don't violate laws. Maybe some American company will get into this market at reasonable prices.  I would much rather buy American but when I was purchasing, there were zero options.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Saying that without backing up your statement with facts is laughable and silly. If all have to be licensed, even those flying under 249 grams, then I’d know about it.
View Quote

Not under 250 grams they don't.
Mine isn't, and it isn't required.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Voland:

Does that not seem odd? Total internet and media blackout? Someone should be talking about the explosions or something, anything?
View All Quotes
Anyone have an update on Belarus? Seems like thats a super important thing right now that no one is reporting on...
Not even a whisper.

Does that not seem odd? Total internet and media blackout? Someone should be talking about the explosions or something, anything?

The folks on reddit say that it was just some jet going supersonic that freaked everyone out. I guess its a lot of nada.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:50:46 PM EDT
[#16]

You are quoting US deaths PER YEAR versus what has happened in Ukraine in THREE WEEKS! I even normalized the numbers for you in my first post refuting your claims. Ukraine is FAR outpacing the US in deaths and injuries from malicious gunfire if you adjust by population and timeframe. If you can't see that, I can't help you. I fucking did the math and laid it out for you. But by all means, cling to your pathetic argument that was decimated without any effort whatsoever.
View Quote

If my argument was decimated that means I'm still 90% right.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]

The folks on reddit say that it was just some jet going supersonic that freaked everyone out. I guess its a lot of nada.
View Quote

Also heard something about it being an artillery training exercise.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#18]
A little more information on the Su-25 video crashing/getting shot down

View Quote

That fucking hurts
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#19]
US-made AN / TPQ-48 portable counter-battery radar, captured by the DPR forces during the battles for Maryinka.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-17_10-02-24_png-2316466.JPG
View Quote

Also known as the LCMR, Lightweight Counter-Mortar Radar. Probably more than a few of these being sent as aid, which is a good thing to help negate the Russian advantage in sheer number of indirect fire systems.

This is a very smart form of aid to help the Ukrainians solve their own problems by attriting those enemy systems, and in the grand scheme of things, it's not that expensive.

https://www.srcinc.com/innovation/radar-counterfire.html

Considering the MONTHS it would take to prepare fighter jets and train pilots, this is good.

We apparently have people listening to their military advisors nowadays, too bad it took that colossal fuck-up in AFG to make that happen.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Ukrainian counterattacks in the south have pushed Russian forces back about halfway from Mykolaiv and Kherson. That's huuuuge.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

View Quote

Mine either, coincidentally with a Russian knife.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I want this on a tee-shirt.

Russia has suggested opening its own fast food restaurant chain in place of McDonald's with a logo that looks strangely similar to the fast food giant's.

The speaker of Russia's lower house of parliament, Vyacheslav Volodin, last week reflected on McDonald's decision to join other Western companies that had halted operations in Russia in response to its invasion of Ukraine.
View Quote
Russia Plans McDonald's Alternative, Turning the Golden Arches Sideways
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

View Quote

That’s what I told the other guy - don’t need a license to operate a drone under 250 grams
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
The date those photos were made matters.

Azov has either driven out the true Nazi's, or not.

This is a heavily propagandized war, and modern electronic media allows every person to take a shot.

I don't much without a third party confirmation or simple revelation of the facts, and I'd say that is thin.

View Quote

This is the nonsense MTG is dealing with regards to "white supremacy" and "nazzi" talk.

I suspect her 'outrage' on this matter has a lot to do with this most recent attack on her than anything.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-cpac-nick-fuentes-afpac-white-nationalist/

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/27/mitt-romney-marjorie-taylor-greene-paul-gosar-morons
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Part of GD sucks Putin's balls or is actually insane. The term 'crisis actors' was thrown about after that arty/mortar attack with the dead family.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Originally Posted By boltcatch:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Originally Posted By agillig:
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
This is sarcasm, playing of the reason Putin invaded
Yeah, but it's incredibly bad taste, and just stupid.  What was to be gained by posting this?

What is gained is credibility among the part of American conservatives that have gone full retard in a Newtonian reaction to TDS. It is hardly as if those in the bio-lab thread or those promoting the idea that Ukraine is killing civilians for sympathy are forming these ideas on their own. A fair fraction of the US right has simply lost its mind.

I think the thing some observers are missing is that those people aren't losing their mind; they've always been idiots susceptible to suggestion.  Every faction has them.   They're the mirror image of the Trader Joe's stocker in skinny jeans ranting about whatever the left is butthurt about.   The left in the US really stepped up their propaganda game in the last couple of years and now is putting *a lot* of effort encouraging that group - taking things like regular Russian shilling and amplifying the aspects of if that they find convenient for their opponents to take up.

Speaking of which, a couple pages back:

Originally Posted By Storz:

Insane how covered by video this whole thing has been

... and yet you have a million mouth breathers, including a bunch in GD, running around talking about how there "hasn't been any video of actual fighting" and publicly speculating that the war is fake.    

Part of GD sucks Putin's balls or is actually insane. The term 'crisis actors' was thrown about after that arty/mortar attack with the dead family.

I'm glad I missed that. I probably would have been banned.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Suburbanhillbilly:
Are you really saying that MTG has been wrong in everything, because she may be wrong on one thing?
Or have you been a commie sleeper agent chafing under the other 99.999% of things she's said, and you're going to try and discredit her because she's not towing the popular line?
Either way, you don't come across as genius level.
View Quote

Look here, book learning ain't not not ever done nothing for nobody, and by God, it ain't wont not never going to will!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Soviet paranoia is still in full swing. Add in to that the fact that in a one party system the only way up is by your superior dying or being dragged away for an offense against the state. The Soviet simps and FDR-like cucks will explain it away as Russians being clever but in reality the knife in the back was always the Soviet election tool of choice. A big problem for them is it trickled down into their military and caused them to be paranoid of a strong NCO corps and officers are picked for loyalty over competence.
View Quote

Sadly enough we appear to be doing that here as of late...
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

I'm going to disagree. It's idiotic against a competent army infused with equipped and skilled operatives that can do that, but it sort of looks like you could fuck the Russians up with homemade 13th century fireworks at this point. I'm not seeing an army that's using bog standard Baofeng handhelds having a bunch of high tech DF teams as likely. YMMV.
View Quote

For now, that's true, but every other potential adversary in the world is looking and taking notes.

We should start with "easy to defeat" threat targets such as commercial drones, and work upward from there, because state actors can either change the tech or employment TTPs to still fuck with us (and on the cheap compared to countermeasures, too).

This needs to be a part of US training at every CTC for every rotating unit, if it isn't already, because this is the kind of thing that results in TOCs and Assembly Areas catching PGMs (of whatever kind), and that's BAD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:04:05 PM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FN_D7yIXoAYlbF_?format=jpg&name=small
Russia has suggested opening its own fast food restaurant chain in place of McDonald's with a logo that looks strangely similar to the fast food giant's.

The speaker of Russia's lower house of parliament, Vyacheslav Volodin, last week reflected on McDonald's decision to join other Western companies that had halted operations in Russia in response to its invasion of Ukraine.

McDowells
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

No... even Russian infantry is more competent than you are at arguing your point.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pr24guy] [#31]
Funny but not funny at all really. If there ever needs to be evidence that Russian IO works fantastically on some long time members let’s compare a Russian propaganda account

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/80AA1C15-5E63-47E9-8A54-CE476DAEBEEF_jpe-2316561.JPG

With a GD thread

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A26D8CE9-F3DC-46C9-AE5F-72B60CC6D940_jpe-2316573.JPG

🤷🏼‍♂️
View Quote

It is on every piece of equipment in the German Army, minus the Swastika.  They should get out more.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By JamesP81:

Poland, Ukraine, Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.  Most likely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JamesP81:
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

More info from UKRInform:

President’s Office: Ukraine wants to end war by forming coalition able to stop Russia in future

17.03.2022 16:37
Ukraine intends to end the war with the Russian Federation by forming a new international security coalition.

“What matters to us is not status, but allies who are really ready to fight alongside us. The invasion of Ukraine has shown that the whole architecture of European security must be reconsidered. We know that Putin can only be stopped by force. NATO does not have that force. In our opinion, this is an organization whose main activity is to organize summits where the generals show that they are cool… So we want to end this war with a new coalition, so powerful that it will be able to stop Russia if it wants to attack someone again," Mykhailo Podolyak, Adviser to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine, said in an interview with the Wiadomości Polish newspaper, Ukrinform reports.

He explained that the basis of the coalition would be fundamentally different from the Budapest Memorandum but would provide a specific condition in line with all the rules of international law. According to the Adviser to the Head of the President’s Office, the document will describe the mechanisms that should be implemented if an attack on Ukraine occurs again. "We want to make sure that we will not be left alone on the battlefield again. The guarantor states will make certain commitments. In the future, this document can be developed and underpin a completely new alliance to ensure security all over Europe," Podolyak added.

He declined to name the states that expressed readiness to join the coalition as talks continue. At the same time, the representative of the President’s Office assured that President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky would present the whole concept when they ended.

In addition, Podolyak noted that the formation of the coalition was one of the key topics of the meeting of the President of Ukraine with Prime Minister of Poland Mateusz Morawiecki, Prime Minister of the Czech Republic Petr Fiala, and Prime Minister of Slovenia Janez Janša in Kyiv on March 15.

Podolyak stressed that Poland's accession to the new union was very important for Ukraine. "Poland is one of Ukraine's best friends today. We are infinitely grateful for the help provided and we believe that Poland and Ukraine should participate together in all negotiations on security in Europe," he said.

On February 24, Russian president Vladimir Putin announced the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine. Russian troops destroy key infrastructure, massively shell residential areas of Ukrainian cities and villages using artillery, multiple launch rocket systems, and ballistic missiles.

Poland, Ukraine, Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania.  Most likely.

I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:08:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#33]
The presidents of China and the United States will talk on Friday for the first time since the Russian invasion of Ukraine began, the White House has announced.Xi Jinping and Joe Biden will discuss "managing the competition between our two countries as well as Russia's war against Ukraine", according to a statement by White House press secretary Jen Psaki.

The Chinese government has yet to confirm the phone call. The US statement did not say what time the call would take place.

The announcement follows a seven-hour meeting between US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan and the most senior Chinese diplomat Yang Jiechi in Rome on Monday, which was dominated by the crisis in Ukraine.

Developing | Chinese President Xi Jinping and US President Joe Biden to discuss Russian invasion of Ukraine on Friday, White House says

Attachment Attached File

Please tell me someone at the White House will be talking into his earpiece like they did during the debates…
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: N2CH_556] [#34]

View All Quotes

Watch the video in my post.  The C14 leader says it in his own words.

Also read any white paper from any western  think-thank discussing the topic for the past several decades.  They may use fancy language but it’s what they’re saying.

Same message from people like Zbigniew Brzezinski or other contemporary high level architects of geopolitical policy and strategy.

There’s also an interview of Soros from 1995 which has been posted here a bazillion times ..may want to give that a read.

Start with the video in my post.

Bro, so you didn’t listen to the C14 leader?

Further, nobody is claiming Azov is being used to undermine Ukraine.  They’re being used to pressure Russia.

Why do you think that spending a couple minutes listening directly to the leader of the Ukrainian C14 group talk about their goals against Russia = “pro-Russia propaganda” ???

ETA: here it is again

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#35]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
Bad Motherfucker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOD_BdDVgBI3Is1?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
Rough looking for 55. Good on him though.

Also, what shoes are those? Want!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Funny but not funny at all really. If there ever needs to be evidence that Russian IO works fantastically on some long time members let’s compare a Russian propaganda account

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/80AA1C15-5E63-47E9-8A54-CE476DAEBEEF_jpe-2316561.JPG

With a GD thread

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A26D8CE9-F3DC-46C9-AE5F-72B60CC6D940_jpe-2316573.JPG

🤷🏼‍♂️
View Quote

The Iron Cross is a symbol that goes all the way back to the crusades.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#39]
MANILA, Philippines  President Rodrigo Duterte compared himself to Russian President Vladimir Putin, who has launched an invasion of Ukraine and has been labeled a war criminal.

During his speech at the inauguration of the Leyte provincial government complex on Thursday, March 17, Duterte said: "Ako diyan sa Russia, nasasakitan ako. Kaibigan ko si Putin eh. (What's happening in Russia hurts me. Putin is my friend.) He is a personal friend." (READ: Duterte meets his 'idol' Putin)

"Si Putin pinapatay pati civilian doon. Ako? Sino man pinatay ko? Pinatay ko puro kriminal. Bakit ko pinatay? Sa droga," he said.
(Putin even kills civilians there. Me? Who did I kill? Those I killed were all criminals. Why did I kill them? Drugs.)
View Quote
'Putin kills civilians, I kill criminals'  Duterte
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:12:30 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

BlyatDonalds?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Bro, so you didn’t listen to the C14 leader?

Further, nobody is claiming Azov is being used to undermine Ukraine.  They’re being used to pressure Russia.

Why do you think that spending a couple minutes listening directly to the leader of the Ukrainian C14 group talk about their goals against Russia = “pro-Russia propaganda” ???

View Quote

Not the C14 leader. I’m talking about the guy who made the video.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
My thoughts about the whole "Nazis in the Azov battalion": I don't doubt that there were or even are some neo-Nazis. Whether they believe in Nazi ideology or just embrace the symbology is unclear. There are reports of neo-Nazis in the US armed forces and there have been many reports I've seen from German newspapers that the Wehrmacht currently has some issues too that have caused quite a scandal. Then we also have the avowed communist officer from West Point.

To be clear: ANYONE who is spouting this extremist ideology is a threat to democracy and a lunatic. NO ONE should be defending these people.

What is blurring the lines is people abusing the terms "Commie" and "Nazi". I've been in a bunch or vitriolic arguments here on Arfcom where a ton of people are throwing around the term "Commie" and applying it to anyone who deviates from their version of conservative orthodoxy. The left does the same by calling a bunch of us Nazis. It's all bullshit and created the conundrum we have now. Words mean things and if you start applying incorrect terms to people who don't fit the description, you are cheapening the meaning of the word. Know how outraged you get when someone calls you a "racist" even though you're not? Know how people now ignore when someone is labeled a racist because, more than likely, that person isn't? Same thing here.

Start being more circumspect when you start lobbing labels at others you disagree with.
View Quote

Wait what?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Ukrainian counterattacks in the south have pushed Russian forces back about halfway from Mykolaiv and Kherson. That's huuuuge.

View Quote

Hell Yes!!  Ukraine has been playing it smart, fighting from defensive positions and countering with small target hit and runs.  Keep hammering them, Russian morale must be right at the breaking point by now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By toaster:
Rough looking for 55. Good on him though.

Also, what shoes are those? Want!
View Quote

Probably drinks a lot. My grandpa did after he lost his leg in WW2.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By floridacop:

Kind of the hail Mary approach?  It did seem very odd.  Curious if any of the military helo guys here have ever heard of the tactic being practiced or is really just as desperate as it appears?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By floridacop:
Originally Posted By klinc:
Originally Posted By realwar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMS8VzxVruY
Kinda odd for a ground attack helicopter to pitch way up and fire a bunch of unguided rockets over the horizon?

Kind of the hail Mary approach?  It did seem very odd.  Curious if any of the military helo guys here have ever heard of the tactic being practiced or is really just as desperate as it appears?
More like scared shitless approach, watch those flares after the rockets.  They are more worried about getting shot down, so they dump the rockets and pop flares.

Those rockets went somewhere and missed their intended target if there was one
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#47]

No... even Russian infantry is more competent than you are at arguing your point.
View Quote

Lol. The 2nd largest country in Europe during a war doesn't yet have the death toll of our inner cities in a year (all per capita and monthly comparisons aside).
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Will they serve Polonium fries with every happy meal?  But only for their very best VIP customers?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
Bad Motherfucker.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOD_BdDVgBI3Is1?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Cotton Hill 2.0.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#50]

You're not wrong, but that is a process and the threat of Russia is now. Trump tried to warn them, they ignored. They are now seeing the folly. With luck they will make a sea change in the coming months and years. But we need leadership right fucking now. Millions and potentially hundreds of millions of lives hang in the balance. Weakness, both from Europe and right here, embolden the tyrants.
View All Quotes

I am indeed old. While I realize we can't and shouldn't be in every fight... that does not mean we shouldn't fight when the situation calls. Russia has the potential to destabilize and even largely destroy the world. They have a track record of genocide and indiscriminate slaughter of civilians. They will continue until they are stopped. Like it or not, we are the only nation who can/will stop them - either directly or by serving as the nucleus of an international effort. For the US to do nothing is to condemn 44 million people to death or oppression, and I fear it will not stop at Ukraine.

The sad thing is we allowed it to get this far, and that is only emboldening Putin. It started with Georgia under Bush 43, continued under Obama, stopped in its tracks under Trump, and now is now on bath salts under Biden and a feckless Europe. Where does it end if we step back and wash our hands?

So the only way to save "potentially hundreds of millions of lives" is for us to go to war with a nuclear power?

Honestly, I'm not following your logic.  

Do you think that Russia is going to take over Europe, even though they can barely gain ground in Ukraine?
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1144 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top