Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1150 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:37:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Here is another one that didn't take history.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ottodog8:
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

They'll take the ground, eventually.  Ukraine was always the underdog and can't really stand toe-to-toe to Russia forever.

With that said, we all know that there's more to occupying a hostile country than winning the initial round of ground combat.  After that, you've got to hold it.  You'll be holding it against an enemy that blends in, knows the land, and hates you with a passion.  We've seen how this turns out, and that's after 20 years and a trillion dollars.  Russia doesn't have those types of resources.

The short game will go to the Russians, unless the UKRs break the will of the Russian military and the sanctions break the will of the Russian people/government.  I still think that, if this happens, the UKRs win a relatively "short" long game, assuming that their (UKR) willpower is not broken.

Personally, I think you let Russia continue to destroy itself.  That's what they're doing, even if they don't realize it.  The worst thing that can happen to Russia is that they "win" this war.  That's when the real pain starts.

If that were true, they’d(Russians) be gaining ground daily. Fact is - they aren’t. It’s actually been the opposite. Ukrainian forces have recaptured some of the lost territory.

You guys have really swallowed the Kool Aid for Ukraine. If you believe anything coming out of Ukraine I own a nifty bridge in New York you might be interested in buying. We are being played, and to see our Congress standing and clapping like a bunch of trained seals is disgusting.
I don’t give a rat’s ass who rules Ukraine. How about our government starts looking out for its own citizens for once, there’s a novel thought.
They say Putin is crazy. He has his finger on the button. So let’s really tighten the screws on him with more sanctions. What could go wrong?
As far as our politicians are concerned, the real tragedy is that they will lose access to their money laundering operations and corrupt cash cow that Ukraine has been.
Our politicians and oligarchs have been crying since the 20 year war in Afghanistan ended, no more bloated contracts for the insiders. But hey, here’s a new one in Ukraine. Let’s open the shunt into the American taxpayers veins and get those tax dollars flowing again.

WHEN WILL WE LEARN TO NOT FIGHT OTHER PEOPLE’S WARS

Here is another one that didn't take history.  

I suggest you study some history. In 1914 an Austrian Archduke was assassinated. 20 million people died. “Brave little Belgium”. “Brave little Ukraine”. I also suggest you study George Wasington’s Farewell Address and get back to me. I’ll wait.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

Rumor I've heard for ages is that the Soviets used nukes in the sino-soviet war.. let the Chinese take an island in the disputed territory that was one of their nuclear ones and killed a huge number of people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Pakistan and India fought a limited border war without nuking each other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kargil_War

Come to think of it, China and the Soviet Union also fought a limited border war while being nuclear armed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict

Rumor I've heard for ages is that the Soviets used nukes in the sino-soviet war.. let the Chinese take an island in the disputed territory that was one of their nuclear ones and killed a huge number of people.

Your rumor is wrong, because no one can use a nuke in secret and then never get found out. We discovered Chernobyl in less than 48 hours, because it's not the sort of event you can really conceal. The Soviets knew exactly the location of every single test shot in Nevada, probably well in advance actually, but for sure when they went off. Like, immediately.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
From a Swede living in Kyiv.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Koch Industries statement - Russia would nationalize their factories and take all the profits, so by not withdrawing from Russia they actually hurt Russia, get it?  Also, the KGB might shoot their Russian workforce or something, I dunno.

The horrific and abhorrent aggression against Ukraine is an affront to humanity... Koch company Guardian Industries operates two glass manufacturing facilities in Russia that employ about 600 people. We have no other physical assets in Russia, and outside of Guardian, employ 15 individuals in the country. While Guardian's business in Russia is a very small part of Koch, we will not walk away from our employees there or hand over these manufacturing facilities to the Russian government so it can operate and benefit from them (which is what The Wall Street Journal has reported they would do). Doing so would only put our employees there at greater risk and do more harm than good.
View Quote

What a complete crock of shit. If the government over there wants your facility, they will take your employees out into the parking lot and execute them. This will have huge blowback to them. What a stupid, stupid thing to do. Doubling down on stupid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?
View Quote
Knock off the bullshit or step out of the thread. Your choice.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:41:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Wow they are not fucking around
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Wow they are not fucking around

Imagine what they could do with a couple dozen Finns...  Russia would be fucked.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]

I think NATO is doing way more than we think.

Ukraine was supposed to get their doors kicked and have the regime deposed in 3 days. The opposite has happened: 15,000 Russians are dead, and they are in a quickly-turning quagmire, and its only getting worse each and every day. Russia has taken only Kherson as a major city. Kiev, Kherson, Cherniv, Sumy, Mariupol, Odessa, and many other cities are still standing, and Ukraine has been able to mount counter-attacks and even yesterday, beat the Russians back 20-25km towards Kherson.

This war is going Ukraines way in almost every sense.

But how?

Uhhhh... We know what NATO has given them. Almost every soldier and TDF has some sort of ATGM to unleash monumental pain on the Russians. The total air supremacy of Russia hasn't developed. We get daily shoot-down pictures of Russia's best aerial tech: Kh-52s, Kh-50s, Su-34s, everything is being blown to bits in the air. Ukraine is punching massively above their weight. And so much of it is NATO hand-me-downs.

Its almost like... NATO prepared them to do this.

You know, like they did for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier
https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed-forces/operation-orbital-explained-training-ukrainian-armed-forces-59405d32d604
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-cia-training-program-in-ukraine-helped-kyiv-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

NATO is doing just enough to afford plausible deniability while giving Ukrainians, and there's tons of them, the ability to win. If you were NATO what would you rather do: Initiate a broad conflict with another nuclear power, or use a corrupt, neutral country to butcher the Russians and show the world how Russia is a paper tiger? If you were intelligent, you'd throw the Ukrainians at them, not the Poles and others. If it escalates and gets really bad then you send your guys in. We're literally using the Russian playbook of fodder before we go in, and its going swimmingly because we equiped them with decent weapons. On top of it, we've gathered insane levels of Russian intelligence/EW/capabilities without exposing an iota of what NATO can really provide. No F-35s. No F-22s. Very little exposed outside of modern counterfire radars and 15-year-old ATGMs that are destroying orc hordes.

Again, what else could be better? Killing Russians while sitting back and letting almost-Russians do it.

View Quote

You make a lot of interesting points. The only thing I disagree with is that Ukranians are being used as cannon fodder. It seems to me that they are doing pretty well, and just because Americans aren't doing the fighting for them, doesn't make them cannon fodder. It's refreshing to see a country stand up for itself.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Wheat exports from Ukraine and Russia, which make up a vital part of the world's food supply are still being blocked by Russia from leaving the Black Sea, Germany's largest agricultural trader BayWa said this week.

"Zero [grain] is currently being exported from the ports of Ukraine  nothing is leaving the country at all," Jrg-Simon Immerz, head of the grain trading at BayWa, told dpa news agency.

He added that the export activity on the Russian side is "very limited."

Immerz's assessment was backed up by the Panamanian Maritime Authority, who said on Wednesday that the Russian Navy was preventing 200-300 ships from leaving the Black Sea  most of them were carrying grain. Other reports suggest around 100 vessels are blocked.

Noriel Arauz, the administrator for the authority, said three Panamanian-flagged ships have come under Russian fire since the invasion of Ukraine started. One of the ships sank and two others were damaged, while no one was injured.

British newspaper The Guardian reported that several other ships have been struck since the invasion began on February 24, including from Bangladesh and Estonia, which killed one person.

Russia blames the stoppage on the high risk of mines, which it said had been laid by the Ukrainian Navy.
View Quote
Ukraine war: Russia blocks ships carrying grain exports
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Negotiations will have allow Russian pride to come into play because they won’t run off with their tales between their legs.

Ukrainian leaders will need to agree to not pursuing NATO and political neutrality. If Russia will take that.

Otherwise Russia will just keep throwing bodies at it and will win through attrition.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I think for russia, chemical weapons are definitely on the table.

I **hope** they can find a way to tactically withdraw and declare victory before they feel chemical weapons are necessary in order to avoid embarrassment. Bleed, russia. Bleed.

Negotiations will have allow Russian pride to come into play because they won’t run off with their tales between their legs.

Ukrainian leaders will need to agree to not pursuing NATO and political neutrality. If Russia will take that.

Otherwise Russia will just keep throwing bodies at it and will win through attrition.

I think you may have that backwards. It's the Russians who will lose because of attrition. Ukraine may decide that since NATO is profoundly dysfunctional, they may want to have a different arrangement. Or, they could simply lie to the Russians, get them to withdraw, resupply and tell the Russians FU, we're joining NATO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:43:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By elcope:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOEbg69WUA0212J?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#14]
TAIPEI (Taiwan News)  The decentralized international hacktivist collective Anonymous managed to take down the official website of Russian President Vladimir Putin as part of its cyber war

Since the start of the Russian invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24, Anonymous has launched a cyber war that has consisted of hacking into Russian government and state-run media websites, industrial control systems, and hundreds of surveillance cameras across Russia. On Tuesday (March 15), the collective announced that it had managed to crash four Russian governmental websites including Moscow.ru, Analytical Center for the Government of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Sport of the Russian Federation, and Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB).

As of publication, only the Ministry of Sport website appeared to be functioning normally. On Wednesday evening (March 16), Anonymous announced on Twitter that Krelmin.ru, the official website of the President of the Russian Federation, had been taken down.

The hacktivists implied in the tweet that the Kremlin website is run by the Special Communications and Information Service of the Federal Guard Service of the Russian Federation. By Thursday (March 17), the Kremlin website had appeared to have restored normal operations.
View Quote
Anonymous takes down Kremlin's website over Ukraine war
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

the US still has a big issue with white nationalists in prisons and x cons.

most of our large prisons you get your choice of bloods crypts cartel or nazi. You might be able to get in fights and just stay in solitary but most folks are relegated to one of those.

View Quote

I was in a federal detention center in a six man cell at first, with two nutty fucktards from Ruby Ridge and three nuts that survived Waco, for 174 days, so I understand. FDC Englewood, Littleton, CO.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

"Hide behind the MT-LB! They've fared really well during ambushes!"

I was halfway expecting a "watch those claymores in the trees" moment.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Denwad:

I wonder if this is the Russian government's motivation. They are losing the culture war.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Denwad:
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

It's not 1950.  Even if the Russian polling on support of the war/Putin is accurate, that still leaves several problems:
- Far too much tech in the country to cut off outside commo
- Too many dissidents to disappear before someone - inside or outside of Russia - takes it upon themselves to do something really extreme that wouldn't have been on the table a few decades ago.

I wonder if this is the Russian government's motivation. They are losing the culture war.

@Denwad  You know, I think you hit on something.. these Russian soldiered are like 18-22 which is Gen Z age and grew up with Western Tech smart phones, Social Media, Rap, McD.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#18]
It's next to FCI Englewood, which is the prison prison.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#19]
More evidence of a Bio Lab cover up discovered by Russian Military Intelligence:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
I think people are underestimating how many civilians putin is willing to murder in order to avoid embarrassment. Including chemical weapons in cities.
Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."
I think what will stop him is if he thinks events are turning in such a way that he realistically might be taken out by his own people(unlikely), or some kind of instability might cause actual trouble in moscow because all of the troops are gone. Short of that, he is the abusive ex-boyfriend.
View All Quotes
Ukraine will be well fertilized then.

Russia doesn't have close to endless bodies to throw; they're already asking Arabs for help.

I think people are underestimating how many russian bodies putin is willing to throw at ukraine in order to avoid embarrassment.
I think people are underestimating how many civilians putin is willing to murder in order to avoid embarrassment. Including chemical weapons in cities.
Putin is like an insane abusive  ex-boyfriend. "If I can't have you, nobody will."
I think what will stop him is if he thinks events are turning in such a way that he realistically might be taken out by his own people(unlikely), or some kind of instability might cause actual trouble in moscow because all of the troops are gone. Short of that, he is the abusive ex-boyfriend.

I have zero confidence Pouftin is still operating from a rational basis, re ipse loquitor.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

LOL I literally just watched that scene 10 minutes ago
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:53:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FrankyRay] [#22]

View Quote

This.

And unfortunately, it's usually too late before everyone finds out how seriously insane the ex-boyfriend was because a "restraining order" wasn't enough.

Either Putin disappears, or we're going to see how much of a madman he really is.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#23]
The United States has deployed two F-16 Fighting Falcon jets to Croatia's Air Base in Pleso to "Police" NATO's southern flank after a Soviet-era drone armed with explosives crashed in Zagreb last week, Euractiv reports.

Citing a press release from US Forces at the Ramstein Air Base in Germany, the outlet reported that the planes will also execute combat exercises with the Croatian allies "while supporting NATO's collective defense in Southeast Europe", US Forces at the Ramstein Air Base in Germany said on Wednesday, according to Euractiv.

The US Air Forces in Europe-Air Forces Africa (USAFE-AFAFRICA) "employs agile forces and strategic capabilities to forward locations to counter threats or aggression through proactive movement alongside Allies and partners," a press release from the US Embassy in Zagreb said, according to the report.

The press release said that by executing such operations in Croatia, the Air Force builds allied and partner capabilities throughout Southeast Europe and extends into the Mediterranean Sea.

The investigation into the Soviet-era uncrewed aerial vehicle that crashed in Zagreb last week will continue in the coming days and weeks,

Croatian Prime Minister Andrej Plenkovi said that the investigation into the incident involving the Soviet-era uncrewed aerial vehicle will continue in the coming days and weeks.

"The information that we have is the same as yesterday. This drone is a 14-metre-long rocket armed with explosives. It is being investigated how it passed through without Romanian and Hungarian flight controllers recognizing it in their busy airspace as a serious threat," the Croatian prime minister said, according to the report.
View Quote
U.S. Deploys F-16s To Patrol NATO's Southern Flank After Soviet-Era Drone Armed With Explosives Invades Croatia's Airspace
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I'm surprised they haven't been booby trapping these trucks or having spiked loads in the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]

If that were true, they’d(Russians) be gaining ground daily. Fact is - they aren’t. It’s actually been the opposite. Ukrainian forces have recaptured some of the lost territory.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

They'll take the ground, eventually.  Ukraine was always the underdog and can't really stand toe-to-toe to Russia forever.

With that said, we all know that there's more to occupying a hostile country than winning the initial round of ground combat.  After that, you've got to hold it.  You'll be holding it against an enemy that blends in, knows the land, and hates you with a passion.  We've seen how this turns out, and that's after 20 years and a trillion dollars.  Russia doesn't have those types of resources.

The short game will go to the Russians, unless the UKRs break the will of the Russian military and the sanctions break the will of the Russian people/government.  I still think that, if this happens, the UKRs win a relatively "short" long game, assuming that their (UKR) willpower is not broken.

Personally, I think you let Russia continue to destroy itself.  That's what they're doing, even if they don't realize it.  The worst thing that can happen to Russia is that they "win" this war.  That's when the real pain starts.

They are confined to established roads, to start with; just that fact by itself means they don't actually 'hold' any territory, irrespective of any other factors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#27]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOE1p1pXsAorlzM?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOE1qMJXwAcdhei?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOE1qVcXIAYkADu?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

The fresh paint job seems like a waste in retrospect.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

I have a bad feeling this will cost us come midterm elections
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Other than the far left...the most dangerous movement is this stupid Q crap...

I have a bad feeling this will cost us come midterm elections
You sound concerned. One 'tard lower house member from Florida isn't moving the needle. Crushing inflation, gas prices and the educational industrial complex overplaying their hand is moving the needle.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:01:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:

Yeah, and it stayed limited because both sides had a nukular option. There wasn't any, "We'll nuke your ass!" bullshit because the other side could say, "And we will nuke yopu back."

The whole nuclear non-proliferation thing is retarded. Like thinking you're somehow safer because I took 9 rounds out of a 17 rd mag in a 9mm I have pointed at your face from 5 feet away. As far as I'm concerned, I say give every nation nukes and go. Fucking skin that smoke wagon, bitch. Everyone dies if you pull the trigger, so do you feel feel lucky, punk?.
View Quote

I think you're talking tongue in cheek, but there are some legit crazy people out there who would skin it. I'd prefer not everybody was on equal grounds.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#30]

I bought my first AR-15 in 1972, a couple of years before I was issued one. You?
View Quote

I don't see any connection to Vietnam, Walter.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]

I suggest you study some history. In 1914 an Austrian Archduke was assassinated. 20 million people died. "Brave little Belgium". "Brave little Ukraine". I also suggest you study George Wasington's Farewell Address and get back to me. I'll wait.
View Quote
He also said this, so.

Respect for its authority, compliance with its laws, acquiescence in its measures, are duties enjoined by the fundamental maxims of true liberty. The basis of our political systems is the right of the people to make and to alter their constitutions of government. But the Constitution which at any time exists, until changed by an explicit and authentic act of the whole people, is sacredly obligatory upon all. The very idea of the power and the right of the people to establish government presupposes the duty of every individual to obey the established government.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:06:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nickmemphis] [#32]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

View Quote

Biden is going to just enact some higher tariffs on his own autocratically like, eh? Could you say anything that could possibly enhance your credibility more?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#33]
(CNN)Last week, a drone flew more than 350 miles beyond Ukraine's western border before crashing in Croatia, a NATO member country. The drone was carrying a bomb, Croatian officials said, and it's still not clear whether it belonged to Ukrainian or Russian forces.

Another drone recently entered the airspace of Romania, south of Ukraine. And on Tuesday, Ukraine's military said it shot down a Russian drone that had reentered Ukraine through Polish airspace.

The trio of drone incidents has amplified concerns that Russia's war in Ukraine could spill over into NATO countries, even if unintentionally, forcing the alliance to decide how to respond -- if at all -- to incidents that occur inside its borders.

US defense officials say the errant drones that entered NATO territory appeared to be largely inadvertent. Since the start of Russia's invasion, the US military has established a deconfliction line with Russia to reduce the risk of miscalculation and make sure the two militaries operating so close together don't inadvertently clash. The US has tested the line "once or twice a day," according to a senior defense official, but so far, it hasn't been needed.

But NATO has tried unsuccessfully to connect with Russia via a deconfliction hotline and written letters, raising concerns about Russia's willingness to engage as the invasion of Ukraine has spread further west toward NATO territory, senior NATO military officials said on Wednesday.

"We are trying to communicate with them of course," one of the officials told reporters in a briefing at NATO headquarters. "But it requires two [sides] to communicate."
View Quote
Drones flying into NATO territory have forced the alliance to decide how to respond -- if at all -- to incidents inside its borders
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

@Denwad  You know, I think you hit on something.. these Russian soldiered are like 18-22 which is Gen Z age and grew up with Western Tech smart phones, Social Media, Rap, McD.
View Quote
So all the "Z" on the tanks and vehicles is their Gen Z troops?
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]

"More than 320,000 Ukrainian citizens have returned home since February 24, the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine reports."
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:07:56 PM EDT
[#36]

I suggest you study some history. In 1914 an Austrian Archduke was assassinated. 20 million people died. "Brave little Belgium". "Brave little Ukraine". I also suggest you study George Wasington's Farewell Address and get back to me. I'll wait.
View Quote
George Washington spoke of the world as it existed at the time.   The world is too intertwined for us to take an isolationist stance now.  Not saying we need to meddle in every single thing that goes on in the world (which we do), but the world is a lot smaller than it was in George's day.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Were they handed that gear fucking yesterday? That was amateur hour.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By agillig:
George Washington spoke of the world as it existed at the time.   The world is too intertwined for us to take an isolationist stance now.  Not saying we need to meddle in every single thing that goes on in the world (which we do), but the world is a lot smaller than it was in George's day.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By agillig:

Exactly. Our economy and standard of living would either be crushed under isolationism or we would constantly be at the mercy of foreign actors attacking out supply lines.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#39]
This was posted to the Ukrainian sub reddit.

PEACE IS NEAR | Day 22 Russian Military Operation Against Ukraine Update
View Quote
PEACE IS NEAR | Day 22 Russian Military Operation Against Ukraine Update

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

They are using "Hind" on their patches? Wow.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#41]

Your rumor is wrong, because no one can use a nuke in secret and then never get found out. We discovered Chernobyl in less than 48 hours, because it's not the sort of event you can really conceal. The Soviets knew exactly the location of every single test shot in Nevada, probably well in advance actually, but for sure when they went off. Like, immediately.
View Quote

@nickmemphis

I know we have a global surveillance satellite network that will detect the " double flash " of a nuclear explosion immediately, but i'm not sure of how long we've had that capability.

We were catching canisters of film from spy satellites with C130s in the 60s and 70s. Are you saying that the soviets had an advanced satellite network in orbit that would detect all of our nuke blasts in Nevada and transmit the location instantaneously from 1945-1980ish?

I'm trying to make sure I've got the right idea here. I think you might be a little mistaken in your assumptions. I may be too.

I'd also imagine that a air burst nuclear weapon is quite a bit cleaner than Chernobyl was ( please reference the current state of Hiroshima and Nagasaki vs. Chernobyl )

I find it plausible that the Soviets could have nuked the Chinese in 1969 and nobody would have known about it.

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mercersfinest4] [#42]

View All Quotes
Pakistan and India fought a limited border war without nuking each other: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kargil_War

Come to think of it, China and the Soviet Union also fought a limited border war while being nuclear armed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Soviet_border_conflict

Let's please stop with the conspiracy theories of nukes being used covertly during military engagements.

As has already been stated, many times in this thread, nuclear reactions leave traces and are detected.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:12:32 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote

I hyena laughed loud enough that my cat ran off
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Third_Rail:

Were they handed that gear fucking yesterday? That was amateur hour.
View Quote

In all likelihood, maybe.

After I saw the video I knew it would only be a matter of time before someone posted something like, "what a bunch of idiots, look at that muzzle sweep, lol" while sitting in their comfy home.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Star_Scream] [#46]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

They are using "Hind" on their patches? Wow.

View Quote

Apparently they like some of the names we give them so they use them

Like the Fulcrum
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for your propaganda. Most appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:16:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Funker530 stream up:
?? LIVE Discussion - Ukraine Invasion Continues Day 22 (FNN Live)

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

It wasn't fresh paint - it's just that it's been kept indoors for years as a museum piece.
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By snackle:

You make a lot of interesting points. The only thing I disagree with is that Ukranians are being used as cannon fodder. It seems to me that they are doing pretty well, and just because Americans aren't doing the fighting for them, doesn't make them cannon fodder. It's refreshing to see a country stand up for itself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By snackle:

I think NATO is doing way more than we think.

Ukraine was supposed to get their doors kicked and have the regime deposed in 3 days. The opposite has happened: 15,000 Russians are dead, and they are in a quickly-turning quagmire, and its only getting worse each and every day. Russia has taken only Kherson as a major city. Kiev, Kherson, Cherniv, Sumy, Mariupol, Odessa, and many other cities are still standing, and Ukraine has been able to mount counter-attacks and even yesterday, beat the Russians back 20-25km towards Kherson.

This war is going Ukraines way in almost every sense.

But how?

Uhhhh... We know what NATO has given them. Almost every soldier and TDF has some sort of ATGM to unleash monumental pain on the Russians. The total air supremacy of Russia hasn't developed. We get daily shoot-down pictures of Russia's best aerial tech: Kh-52s, Kh-50s, Su-34s, everything is being blown to bits in the air. Ukraine is punching massively above their weight. And so much of it is NATO hand-me-downs.

Its almost like... NATO prepared them to do this.

You know, like they did for years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unifier
https://medium.com/voices-of-the-armed-forces/operation-orbital-explained-training-ukrainian-armed-forces-59405d32d604
https://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-cia-training-program-in-ukraine-helped-kyiv-prepare-for-russian-invasion-090052743.html

NATO is doing just enough to afford plausible deniability while giving Ukrainians, and there's tons of them, the ability to win. If you were NATO what would you rather do: Initiate a broad conflict with another nuclear power, or use a corrupt, neutral country to butcher the Russians and show the world how Russia is a paper tiger? If you were intelligent, you'd throw the Ukrainians at them, not the Poles and others. If it escalates and gets really bad then you send your guys in. We're literally using the Russian playbook of fodder before we go in, and its going swimmingly because we equiped them with decent weapons. On top of it, we've gathered insane levels of Russian intelligence/EW/capabilities without exposing an iota of what NATO can really provide. No F-35s. No F-22s. Very little exposed outside of modern counterfire radars and 15-year-old ATGMs that are destroying orc hordes.

Again, what else could be better? Killing Russians while sitting back and letting almost-Russians do it.

Russian conscripts are being used, by Putin, as cannon fodder.  Ukranians are defending their country and NATO is providing aid.

Interesting take on possible preparations by NATO.  It's a little too 4D chess for me, but interesting, none the less.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1150 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top