Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1335 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

You think there's some debate to be had?
View Quote

You were quoting a comment where the poster appears to feel that throwing the Ukrainians to the wolves is a better idea than risking the use of nuclear weapons and there is a certainly a debate there regardless of that posters true motivations.   It's a debate that our government has probably had internally numerous times since the Soviets themselves became a nuclear power,  "Can we directly help 'fill in the blank' without risking nuclear war?"   Hence why we primarily did things via proxy in the first cold war.

So yes there is always a debate to be had.  

Personally I'm not for throwing them to the wolves but I'm also not for DIRECT OVERT involvement in the conflict.  I AM for supplying them with all the 'Buck Rogers' shit and intel they need to smash the Russian invasion.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:24:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

RE: Dithering or moderated response by NATO (Europe) to Russia invasion of Ukraine

When Putin invaded Ukraine and threatened the use of nuclear weapons, the response from the West (NATO) should have been immediate mobilization of forces and the immediate destruction of all Russian forces in Ukraine and their staging areas in Belarus and Russia. But this did not happen, due to division amongst various constituencies within NATO (simply put America and W. Europe vs E. Europe).

I echo the opinion above: The longer this situation is allowed to continue, the worse the final outcome and human cost will be. I think we'll look back on this and wish we had stepped up on the 24th of February and confronted Russia militarily and destroyed their forces.

And all those who equivocate regarding nuclear exchanges, I would bet that Russia/Putin did not even investigate the status of their nuclear forces before this invasion. They assumed that a "voiced nuclear threat" would be enough. But now, four weeks later (and given the immense corruption in the Russian military), I imagine Russia is extensively and exhaustively investigating and remediating their nuclear forces as fast as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
There isn’t a Ukrainian soldier who hasn’t seen the photos and videos of their guys being tortured and killed in 2014. There isn’t a Ukrainian soldier who isn’t aware of what happened at Iloviask. There isn’t a Ukrainian soldier who hasn’t seen photos of dead  kids,shot up cars  and the destruction of Mariupol. Expecting them to make Russians chai and give them cookies at this stage of the not a war is a bit much.

I do not endorse what is done and filming it was just absolutely stupid but it is ignorant to wonder why it took place.   I have already said enough times that the longer Europe and the US allow the war to go on the worse it will be. It is patently stupid to think that Putin will get bored or Ukrainians will just give up. Dithering is only making matters worse. Biden,Macron,Johnson and Scholz need to realize this.

RE: Dithering or moderated response by NATO (Europe) to Russia invasion of Ukraine

When Putin invaded Ukraine and threatened the use of nuclear weapons, the response from the West (NATO) should have been immediate mobilization of forces and the immediate destruction of all Russian forces in Ukraine and their staging areas in Belarus and Russia. But this did not happen, due to division amongst various constituencies within NATO (simply put America and W. Europe vs E. Europe).

I echo the opinion above: The longer this situation is allowed to continue, the worse the final outcome and human cost will be. I think we'll look back on this and wish we had stepped up on the 24th of February and confronted Russia militarily and destroyed their forces.

And all those who equivocate regarding nuclear exchanges, I would bet that Russia/Putin did not even investigate the status of their nuclear forces before this invasion. They assumed that a "voiced nuclear threat" would be enough. But now, four weeks later (and given the immense corruption in the Russian military), I imagine Russia is extensively and exhaustively investigating and remediating their nuclear forces as fast as possible.

I'll bet that if we or NATO collectively had been forceful in response to the threat of invasion beforehand, it might have staved off the whole thing.  

As for nukes, nuclear powers have engaged in direct conventional combat on multiple occasions since WWII without launching nukes, in anything from skirmishes to outright war.  In any case, nukes should not be permitted to be used as a trump card to give nuclear powers free reign over everyone else.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:25:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

Well Russia pretty much said they will execute non ukranians fighting for Ukraine if they get captured.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Originally Posted By Pickles:

UA are kneecapping RU and killing them.

Stupid.

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.

Well Russia pretty much said they will execute non ukranians fighting for Ukraine if they get captured.

They are shooting civilians in the streets and killing POWs, if the worst they get is -1 leg, thats getting off easy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:27:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#4]
A bit more productive than a moron videoing and sharing shooting prisoners,turning Russians on Russia:

It’s too bad his last name isn’t Vlasov.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

I'll bet that if we or NATO collectively had been forceful in response to the threat of invasion beforehand, it might have staved off the whole thing.  

View Quote

I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:29:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By vicpro2:
I'm just here to read the new posts about how shooting POWs is actually totally acceptable, and in fact, practically commendable behavior from heroes.
View Quote

Welcome to the forum comrade!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
How about you just captured the guys that have been dropping artillery shells on civilians no where near the fighting? oh and your wife and children are among those civilians.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Riply21:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.
How about you just captured the guys that have been dropping artillery shells on civilians no where near the fighting? oh and your wife and children are among those civilians.

How about you're fighting a war for the very existence of your nation and the ONLY way you win is if the world's opinion stays on your side, and the quickest way to lose is to dry up those sweet javelins and stingers flooding over the border?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]

As I said, I don't condone the killing of prisoners; but I have never been in the situation that many Ukrainians find themselves today.

I absolutely do not mean to diminish the sacrifices of the Coalition Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, but in no way can one compare fighting in a foreign land much removed from the West under very questionable goals to the situation of fighting (EXISTENTIALLY) for your very homeland, your city, your neighborhood and neighbors, and your family and relatives. (And if someone wishes to correct me or enlighten me on this statement, please do so.)

If your wife and two kids were killed in Mariupol or Kharkiv by Russian shelling or direct action, you would be in a black rage. And all that would follow would follow as a river flows to the sea.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ruin:
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
White armbands are DPR/LPR, which means they are probably Ukrainians.

While I wouldn’t allow this behavior from my troops I can put myself in the shoes of these UA folks.

My country attacked for no reason. My home demolished, my town wrecked, the cities I love to visit reduced to rubble. My family is god knows where, at best residing in a refugee camp with whatever possessions they could carry on their person and their lives could be ruined forever.

I don’t condone it for the overall war effort but I “get” it. I can feel that seething rage and this is likely the first of a few videos to
be posted.  

Welcome to war.

As I said, I don't condone the killing of prisoners; but I have never been in the situation that many Ukrainians find themselves today.

I absolutely do not mean to diminish the sacrifices of the Coalition Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan, but in no way can one compare fighting in a foreign land much removed from the West under very questionable goals to the situation of fighting (EXISTENTIALLY) for your very homeland, your city, your neighborhood and neighbors, and your family and relatives. (And if someone wishes to correct me or enlighten me on this statement, please do so.)

If your wife and two kids were killed in Mariupol or Kharkiv by Russian shelling or direct action, you would be in a black rage. And all that would follow would follow as a river flows to the sea.

Probably shouldn’t tape it though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:42:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

Russian, another video of the same incident was just posted, everyone is shot in the leg. Idiots for filming it, I know they are young and proud of capturing about 30 soldiers but don't fucking film it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By retroangles:
Ok

those rusky pow's? Or Uk's?

Russian, another video of the same incident was just posted, everyone is shot in the leg. Idiots for filming it, I know they are young and proud of capturing about 30 soldiers but don't fucking film it.

the problem with filming it is only if you're dealing with a woke government.  like us.  we prefer not to know.  just like US soldiers not allowed to take pictures of themselves with dead iraqi's during desert storm.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Winston Churchill had a turn of phrase that I always loved.
“…now at this very moment I knew the United States was in the war up to the neck and in to the death. So we had won after all!  England would live; Britain would live; the Commonwealth of Nations and the Empire would live. How long the war would last or in what fashion it would end, no man could tell, nor did I at this moment care. once again in our long Island history we should emerge, however mauled or mutilated, safe and victorious. We should not be wiped out. Our history would not come to an end. We might not even have to die as individuals.
Hitler’s fate was sealed. Mussolini’s fate was sealed. As for the Japanese, they would be ground to powder. . All the rest was merely the proper application of overwhelming force…United we could subdue everybody else in the world. Many disasters, immeasurable cost and tribulation lay ahead, but there was no more doubt about the end.”

It took near-annihilation followed by a significant degree of magnanimity to remake the Japanese nation.  I do not hate the Russian people and believe we can live together in mutual peace and prosperity, but sadly they may have to be ground to powder first.
View Quote

Dzhokar Dudayev said it best - the worst kind of ‘ism isn’t nazism or racism, but Russism.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:43:24 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Russians come to my country and murder innocents by the bushel I will drag things out much longer and painfully. It'll be epic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:47:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

View All Quotes
I'm just here to read the new posts about how shooting POWs is actually totally acceptable, and in fact, practically commendable behavior from heroes.

Your avatar tells me you remain open-minded, and that is commendable.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:47:45 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

It appears they were "separatists". You know, their neighbors who took up arms against their own country.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:48:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#14]
Originally Posted By Balu:

In fact Russia would have a lot more to gain by faking and publishing something like this, than the Ukrainians doing this, recording it and uploading. Not saying that couldn't happen but we just don't know. Ukraine has been on point in terms of their propaganda war benefitting them, so this would be an uncharacteristic blunder.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Balu:

If, as someone else mentioned, Ukraine rounded up the perpetrators and executed them, then yeah, that would absolve Ukraine of any responsibility. I'm just thinking you wouldn't make a video like that if you were enforcing rules. But maybe it was just some idiots that will get their comeuppance.

Who even knows if those guys were actually Ukrainian? It could be Russians shooting their own who tried to desert or spoke out against what they were doing. If it’s from a pro-Russian source, you can’t be sure that there’s nothing setup to make Ukraine look bad.

In fact Russia would have a lot more to gain by faking and publishing something like this, than the Ukrainians doing this, recording it and uploading. Not saying that couldn't happen but we just don't know. Ukraine has been on point in terms of their propaganda war benefitting them, so this would be an uncharacteristic blunder.

Edit(Ya,) We just don’t know. We’ll all surely be seeing the push to solve it on the news.

And don’t forget the Russian chained to a pole by his own men from much earlier in the war (I liked Outofbattery’s post about it):
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:49:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Hi-Vel:

Russians come to my country and murder innocents by the bushel I will drag things out much longer and painfully. It'll be epic.
View Quote

If you find yourself relying on foreign aid to help you repel the invaders don't film yourself doing the above and broadcast it for the world to see, your enemy will use it against you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By sydney7629:

I dont believe that is true at all

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/biden-admin-rules-transfer-polish-fighter-jets-ukraine-rcna19398

The Biden administration has ruled out the transfer of fighter jets to Ukraine because it would be a "high risk" step that could ratchet up tensions with Russia, the Pentagon said Wednesday.

Poland had offered to donate Soviet-era MiG 29 aircraft to Ukraine via a U.S. air base in Germany, but Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin told his Polish counterpart, Mariusz Baszczak, that the U.S. opposed the proposal, Pentagon press secretary John Kirby told reporters.

In a phone call with the Polish defense minister, Austin "stressed that we do not support the transfer of additional fighter aircraft to the Ukrainian air force at this time, and therefore have no desire to see them in our custody, either," Kirby said.

View Quote

Why would Poland, who borders Ukraine, fly their jets to Germany, for us to give them to Ukraine? Makes no sense, if Poland wants Ukraine to have their Migs then give them to them directly.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:53:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By juan223:

If you find yourself relying on foreign aid to help you repel the invaders don't film yourself doing the above and broadcast it for the world to see, your enemy will use it against you.
View Quote

My neighbors take up arms against the country, I would probably cripple them too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:55:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

My neighbors take up arms against the country, I would probably cripple them too.
View All Quotes

In my eyes.  That makes them worse than the invaders.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Who even knows if those guys were actually Ukrainian? It could be Russians shooting their own who tried to desert or spoke out against what they were doing. If it's from a pro-Russian source, you can't be sure that there's nothing setup to make Ukraine look bad.
View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:55:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#20]
A bit more productive than a moron videoing and sharing shooting prisoners,turning Russians on Russia:

View Quote

I’m a little confused, is he a Russian that switched sides? The translation (if correct) says he joined a Russian unit. Or is that the name of a unit of Russians fighting for Ukraine?

Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:56:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.

I'm not on Russia's side by any means, 100% opposed to their bullshit invasion but that said it isn't really the individual soldiers fault. What do you expect them to do ? Refuse orders ? Heck a lot of them didn't even get the choice whether or not to join the military. They didn't have any good option. About the best option I can see is to surrender and plead your case that you were forced and didn't want to participate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 2:57:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View All Quotes

Correct.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:00:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

How about you're fighting a war for the very existence of your nation and the ONLY way you win is if the world's opinion stays on your side, and the quickest way to lose is to dry up those sweet javelins and stingers flooding over the border?
View Quote

Exactly.

This is stupid for that alone,not to mention it’s sealed the fate of God knows how many Ukrainian captives. Everyone knows the Russians have committed war crimes in this not a war,there is zero advantage of doing this in reprisal.

I understand it fully,absolutely do.but it will do nothing at all productive other than be all over Russian media and damage Western support. The UA government needs to get ahead of this,regardless of how filled with understandable -different to justifiable- rage soldiers might be.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By sordidmesh:
I have no problem with Biden saying Putin can not remain in power.  He is right and I am very happy he made this statement.
View Quote

Whether he is right or wrong, I won't give any commendation to one tyrant criticizing another. He is no better himself and has as much disdain for us as Putin does for those who oppose him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:05:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#25]

View Quote

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler

How does that make you feel Mr. Active Duty Soldier?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:06:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

I’m a little confused, is he a Russian that switched sides? The translation (if correct) says he joined a Russian unit. Or is that the name of a unit of Russians fighting for Ukraine?

Thank you!
View All Quotes

Thank you!

Yes,Russian that switched sides.

I have no idea how many have but probably not that many and this is likely just  for propaganda/encouragement to surrender . There were enough anti-Communist a Russians for the Germans to put under arms but were never used for several reasons. Google Andrey Vlasov.

Video of shooting prisoners does immeasurably more damage than this does good though. There isn’t anyone on this site that hates Russians more than me but I will never endorse shooting tied up captives.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:06:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Driving thru a minefield! Pucker factor 10/10.

Telegram video

“MINED ROAD FROM NIKOLSKY This is how we left the village of Nikolskoye today. On the road - anti-tank mines. Relatives of the villagers ask me if it is possible to get there by their own transport? The answer, I think, suggests itself. We took a big risk and strongly discourage others from doing this. In the coming days, sappers will work there and rescue services will arrive. A full-scale humanitarian work will begin, including in the monastery. Everything will be fine, dear subscribers!”

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:10:08 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

As you wish, the advice is if you find yourself in the same position that Ukraine is in it's best not to film it and let it be distributed...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Open minded about what? Russia needs to no longer exist in its current political form. Nearly the entire world is in agreement on this. What do you find troubling about it?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:12:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Whether he is right or wrong, I won't give any commendation to one tyrant criticizing another. He is no better himself and has as much disdain for us as Putin does for those who oppose him.
View All Quotes
I have no problem with Biden saying Putin can not remain in power.  He is right and I am very happy he made this statement.

He's right and as much of a dirt bag he is, he hasn't invaded any countries or ordered to shelling of civilian centers recently, so he's at least a small notch above Putin.

I can't believe GD is getting so ridiculous that people actually have to defend that fucking moron Biden. Shame.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes

Fuck Ukraine?

Click To View Spoiler

That was such an uncalled for situation.  

That vehicle was of no threat to the column.  They just shot them for funsies.  

Fucking rabid animals.  Makes me feel better knowing there is a very good chance the perps died in much the same violent death.  And without a loved one at their side.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#32]

I have no idea how many have but probably not that many and this is likely just  for propaganda/encouragement to surrender . There were enough anti-Communist a Russians for the Germans to put under arms but were never used for several reasons. Google Andrey Vlasov.

Video of shooting prisoners does immeasurably more damage than this does good though. There isn’t anyone on this site that hates Russians more than me but I will never endorse shooting tied up captives.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

You are not wrong.  

I understand the anger and the reasoning for it.  But It should be avoided at all costs.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]

He's right and as much of a dirt bag he is, he hasn't invaded any countries or ordered to shelling of civilian centers recently, so he's at least a small notch above Putin.

I can't believe GD is getting so ridiculous that people actually have to defend that fucking moron Biden. Shame.
View All Quotes

Never said he was wrong.

He may not have invaded any other countries, instead he has directed his tyranny against his own people. I don't want to derail the thread with specifics, but it wasn't too long ago that everyone here was extremely concerned about domestic problems now its all forgotten. That concerns me.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:20:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

View Quote

Just doing clerical work to link to source (Rus as op mentioned):

Telegram link
“There was a video where Ukrainians treat prisoners with particular cruelty. All unarmed soldiers were shot in the legs. In the footage, they are not even given medical care. Most likely, the action takes place at one of the bases of the "territorial defense" militants in the Kharkiv region.”
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#35]
Originally Posted By Hi-Vel:

View Quote

I wonder how many here bemoaning the actions of Ukrainians actively criticize what some of our rangers deemed necessary on d day?  If it weren't for double standards, there would be no standards at all.  
https://www.warhistoryonline.com/instant-articles/archives-reveal-rangers.html
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:29:31 AM EDT
[#36]

You are not wrong.  

I understand the anger and the reasoning for it.  But It should be avoided at all costs.  

View Quote

It's already being used by pro-Russian media sites, there are 3 different videos of the same incident that I have seen. It certainly could be faked, but I don't think it is. Big fuck up for Ukraine if it's true, lets's see if they condemn it or say it's fake, also will be interesting if the geo-location nerds jump on this or not...
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:29:57 AM EDT
[#37]

Never said he was wrong.

He may not have invaded any other countries, instead he has directed his tyranny against his own people. I don't want to derail the thread with specifics, but it wasn't too long ago that everyone here was extremely concerned about domestic problems now its all forgotten. That concerns me.

View All Quotes

Never said he was wrong.

Nobody has forgotten it. This thread is about Ukraine, so the discussion is about Ukraine not his many domestic failings.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:33:32 AM EDT
[#38]

It's already being used by pro-Russian media sites, there are 3 different videos of the same incident that I have seen. It certainly could be faked, but I don't think it is. Big fuck up for Ukraine if it's true, lets's see if they condemn it or say it's fake, also will be interesting if the geo-location nerds jump on this or not...
View All Quotes

You are not wrong.  

That would be nice. My gut leans towards real, but who knows. It wouldn't be hard for Russia to put on some Ukrainian uniforms and set it up. So without really knowing if its real or not, its kinda hard to have that strong of an opinion on it. Russia certainly has a lot more to benefit by the video being made.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:38:17 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

You are not wrong.  

Personally... Seeing the shit the ruskies are doing and knowing the fact that these separatists are no better,  fighting their own fellow countrymen.

I don't like it.. But my GAF meter is not even moving over it.  You reap what you sow.  

Of course the commie fucks are going to try to leverage off of it.

If the west stops supplying weapons and allows the ukes to fall over one or two instances like this would be stupid.  The west is full of weak minded do gooders so anything is possible I guess.  While the Ukrainians are fighting for their lives and their country as they should.. Unfortunately,
This is not about the Ukrainians anymore.  Had the Ukraine not put up the fight they have Russia would have kept going into other countries. Hell Russia still thinks they are going to,  They are bragging they will internally.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:40:01 AM EDT
[#40]

That would be nice. My gut leans towards real, but who knows. It wouldn't be hard for Russia to put on some Ukrainian uniforms and set it up. So without really knowing if its real or not, its kinda hard to have that strong of an opinion on it. Russia certainly has a lot more to benefit by the video being made.

View Quote

If it is true, I think those POWs are going to disappear and we will never know. If the Russians match the faces and say they were confirmed as POWs, and they come back with blown out knees (or asses like that unlucky guy) it's a huge PR event for Putin.  

Anyway, it's been a win for Russia already, we shall see how they run with it in a few hours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: boltcatch] [#41]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Originally Posted By Pickles:

UA are kneecapping RU and killing them.

Stupid.

You're either a shill or lack any and all historical perspective.

Filming it is stupid and doing it is likely counterproductive, but if I felt that kneecapping a bunch of invading jackasses whose people had genocided mine and/or ethnically cleansed my peoples' areas within living memory was an effective thing to do in order to get them to stop MLRS-ing my civilians, I would kneecap them all fucking day long for as long as it took.

I would think the majority of them who are conscripts and don't want to be there don't deserve this, but deserve really has nothing to do with it.   What is happening is far outside the laws of land warfare - Russia left those behind in a hurry and can't reasonably expect such protections.   If UA wants to deal with it, that's their business.

I see a lot of westerners throwing around stupid talking points and failing to understand the magnitude of what happened in that part of the world in the last century or so, and what sort of fight these people are in.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:42:41 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

You are not wrong.  

It is likely real.. The white bands are separatists.  I have no doubt they will be treated much more harshly than Russian soldiers.  

Separatists are proving they have no allegiance to their own country men and country.  That alone would create measurably more hate toward them than hate for the soldiers that are invading.  And the invaders are obviously hated.  

Its a shitty situation all around.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 3:42:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Maybe this counts as some levity? Maybe these Russians were planning to make some propaganda? Who knows. All I know is that EK1 and fieldgrau aren’t accurate!

Telegram

“A strange company of occupiers came near Izium. They write English-language slogans, draw the letter Z on the helmet and take the "parade" form with them. That's just the parade they do not see, and they remained under the raisins. @LastBP 🛡 | @UA_struggle”

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:01:46 AM EDT
[#44]

It is likely real.. The white bands are separatists.  I have no doubt they will be treated much more harshly than Russian soldiers.  

Separatists are proving they have no allegiance to their own country men and country.  That alone would create measurably more hate toward them than hate for the soldiers that are invading.  And the invaders are obviously hated.  

View All Quotes

You are not wrong.  

I lean towards that. But if real it was stupid to film and upload it...that helps Russia. So I think there is a chance it could be staged by those who benefit. But I kinda lean toward real.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 4:38:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#47]

Well, that was a bit awkward
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Russia POW's only slow you down, slice them and let them bleed out. Save your ammo and move on with the battle. After what they have done to civilians,  fuck them, kill them and let them die slowly. No fucks given!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#49]

Wow, Russia couldn't have made a better propaganda film than this. So much for the Ukrainians having the moral high ground.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phocks:

Is that Russians killing Ukrainians or Ukrainians killing Russians?

Not actually killing, "just" kneecapping.  It looks like they put tourniquets on the before shooting.

Wow, Russia couldn't have made a better propaganda film than this. So much for the Ukrainians having the moral high ground.

Come blow up my city house by house, block by block, I'd probably act like a animal as well. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 5:38:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:

I guarantee they threw gas on them and threw in a match after those photos. They stacked them like wood in that cement room.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

This needs to be remembered again, and again, and again. Keep security on them and try to follow the 5S rules, but otherwise be decent and let the results speak for themselves. More effective than any form of propaganda or abuse.

Babushka can bring tea while armed security remains in the room. All this chest beating talk is completely counter productive, counter to past historical experience, and counter to human nature.

The Ukr's are hurting their own cause by showing these poor bastards piled into the back of a minivan. Our leadership needs to communicate to theirs and put a halt to that shit. If they are lacking resources to handle EPWs that needs to be worked out among NATO members to take that off of Ukraine's plate.

I guarantee they threw gas on them and threw in a match after those photos. They stacked them like wood in that cement room.

It's cold outside, at least they died warm.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1335 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top