Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1912 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:42:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: McCandles] [#1]

Aw crap…Putin’s advisor
Exclusive footage from January of Putin meeting with an advisor discussing invasion plans.

(Can’t get the link to load)
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 1:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HuntingForFun] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By McCandles:

Aw crap…Putin’s advisor
Exclusive footage from January of Putin meeting with an advisor discussing invasion plans.

(Can’t get the link to load)
View Quote
@McCandles Remove the "?" and everything after it.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 2:02:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#3]
Originally Posted By Circuits:

We've seen the state in which their kleptocracy has left military equipment and military stores. They couldn't properly feed 150k soldiers in the initial invasion, so do they have the logistical capacity to feed millions of conscripts at the end of a logistical tail? Could they even ramp up storable, transportable food to that number, somehow? Every unit followed to the front battle by a bunch of scooby vans and Amazon delivery trucks filled with bottled water and the Russian equivalent of Spam?

Even if they can give every swingin' d military age male a weapon, some ammo and a white or red armband (in lieu of a proper uniform), they won't be trained, they won't for the most part know what they're doing, they won't be fed properly or properly resupplied. Presuming they can transport them all to the front, presuming they'll mill forward in impressive-looking human wave attacks when ordered to with machine gun nests at their backs, presuming they don't just turn around and slaughter whomever is trying to force them to make those assaults?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.

We've seen the state in which their kleptocracy has left military equipment and military stores. They couldn't properly feed 150k soldiers in the initial invasion, so do they have the logistical capacity to feed millions of conscripts at the end of a logistical tail? Could they even ramp up storable, transportable food to that number, somehow? Every unit followed to the front battle by a bunch of scooby vans and Amazon delivery trucks filled with bottled water and the Russian equivalent of Spam?

Even if they can give every swingin' d military age male a weapon, some ammo and a white or red armband (in lieu of a proper uniform), they won't be trained, they won't for the most part know what they're doing, they won't be fed properly or properly resupplied. Presuming they can transport them all to the front, presuming they'll mill forward in impressive-looking human wave attacks when ordered to with machine gun nests at their backs, presuming they don't just turn around and slaughter whomever is trying to force them to make those assaults?

An interesting analysis of why we're unlikely to see a mass mobilization:

Longer thread discussing other big issues of mass mobilization:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1521850468313579520.html
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:02:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Honest question, but considering their tactics in Crimea (and recently captured areas) of exporting natives and leaving desirables or bringing in Russians…how much appetite is there for the “people of Crimea” to join Ukraine once again? While I don’t disagree with Zelensky’s/UA’s stance, would UA forces simply be finding themselves on the outside looking in just like Russian forces when they came into UA expecting open arms?

Genuinely asking as I don’t know the current state of Crimean politics.
View Quote

I have the same concerns. The last thing I want to see is Ukraine running a brutal COIN operation in Crimea, or in Donbas etc. (like they have been doing for the past 8 years).

If there are majority Russian areas that want to be Russian, I say fuck them, good riddance.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:06:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NHTriumph:

Wow. Interesting.

Maybe I missed it throughout this thread, but have you posted any stories / experiences from your time there?

If not, could you?  I'd be super interested to hear some first hand info.

View Quote

Yeah. That would be a 500 page worthy thread on it's own.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:16:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ITCHY-FINGER] [#6]

They have a huge pool of reserves if Putin declares war. They could send millions of combatants into Ukraine if they do that.
View Quote

Ironically, doing this would possibly speed up Russia's exit from this folly. Once enough families have their kid on the line, pressure would mount against the Putin crime syndicate. Maybe.

*beat
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:24:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mancow:

What is farboa?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By realwar:
The ambassador of the Russian Federation near Poland was doused with red farboa while trying to put a wreath to the monument to the soldiers of Radyansk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPErZP7KJ94

What is farboa?

Russia's ambassador to Poland was covered in red paint while trying to lay a wreath at a monument to Soviet soldiers. Hundreds of Ukrainians block Russian embassy delegations from approaching Nazi monument
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Rhinodo99:

Russia's ambassador to Poland was covered in red paint while trying to lay a wreath at a monument to Soviet soldiers. Hundreds of Ukrainians block Russian embassy delegations from approaching Nazi monument
View All Quotes
The ambassador of the Russian Federation near Poland was doused with red farboa while trying to put a wreath to the monument to the soldiers of Radyansk

What is farboa?

But what is farboa?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spydercomonkey] [#9]
Brutal thread on the forced conscripts from the Donbas being forced to fight against Ukraine; even the professors are being rounded up and handed a Mosin and sent into the meatgrinder. Anyone under 60 caught on the street is being pressganged into service.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1522196119589171202.html

The 3 forces of the Russian army:

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 3:40:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
Brutal thread on the forced conscripts from the Donbas being forced to fight against Ukraine; even the professors are being rounded up and handed a Mosin and sent into the meatgrinder. Anyone under 60 caught on the street is being pressganged into service.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1522196119589171202.html

https://i.ibb.co/N1vLGzn/Screen-Shot-2022-05-10-at-3-28-33-AM.png

https://i.ibb.co/8DrfbdM/Screen-Shot-2022-05-10-at-3-33-57-AM.png
View Quote

That's some fucked up shit right there. And I was pissed that my Army recruiter didnt tell me about the GI Bill or MOS bonus...
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:14:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

That island is a death trap. I know it must have some strategic importance but I doubt it is worth that much. Island is tiny.
View Quote

It’s not about the actual island, if you control the island more importantly you have rights to the sea around the island.  The seabed around that island is full or gas and oil.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:25:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#12]
Originally Posted By FALFOX:
Day by day, I am getting closer and closer to this mindset.
View Quote

Why is that?

Do you really wanna side with people like the one you quoted that are cheering on Russia killing Ukrainian children?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/A-Russian-T-72B-series-tank-ran-into-not-one-but-two-Ukrainian-AT-mines-in-the-East/5-2551452/?page=2

Don't know about you but I wouldn't hitch my wagon to that horse..

ETA The people you are thinking about saddling up with think Ukraine deserves to have its people raped and murdered because their government might be corrupt. And if we follow their logic to its conclusion you and your family deserve to be raped and murdered because our government is also corrupt (News Flash: Our government is 1000 times more corrupt).
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:49:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

But what is farboa?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Truman_Sparks:

What is farboa?

But what is farboa?

Paint, I guess.  I think something is wrong in the spelling.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#14]
“Farboa” is paint
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

How would they move millions of troops? They are having huge issues moving 100k
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:23:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Welp sctratch one more Russian Oil exec/oligarch. I mean Putin has  fucking Steven Segal to put an end to these Jamaican Voodoo 'end bosses' yet those fuckes can still take out his freindly  oil execs.    

Apparently Luk Oil executive Alexander Subbotin died of a heart attack under completly normal circumstances:

"The billionaire allegedly went to the shaman's home "in a state of severe alcoholic and drug intoxication the day before" his death, a source told TASS. His body was discovered in a room of the basement reportedly used for "Jamaican voodoo rituals". Local news outlets reported that Subbotin went to the shaman in search of a hangover cure, which allegedly involved toad poison."

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-oligarch-found-dead-mysterious-circumstances-1704909
https://www.businessinsider.com/russian-oil-tycoon-found-dead-reportedly-treated-with-toad-venom-2022-5?international=true&r=US&IR=T

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FSR951gXEAMQtrk?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Being a wealthy executive is dangerous! On top of the common risks of falling on bullets and fire axes, now they gotta worry about poison frogs too!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:53:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]
UA congratulates the invaders on Victory day by shooting down a Mi-28 in Kharkiv, posts pics.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I have the same concerns. The last thing I want to see is Ukraine running a brutal COIN operation in Crimea, or in Donbas etc. (like they have been doing for the past 8 years).

If there are majority Russian areas that want to be Russian, I say fuck them, good riddance.
View Quote

They don’t exist. The fighting taking place now is in Russian speaking localities. Mariupol,Kharkiv and Odessa are Russian speaking cities.

Ukraine had pushed out almost all of the bad elements all the way to the Russian border in 2014 until the Russians used artillery from their territory and an invasion of Russian troops ridiculously under the premise of being locals -as if there are Buryats in Donbass with tanks that entered service 15 years after Ukrainian independence.

Ukraine has not been “running a brutal COIN operation”,they have been in a not very frozen conflict with Russia. This conflict would not have been able to continue without the continuing influx of  “polite people”.

If there was overwhelming pro-Russian sentiment you would have seen a much different greeting of Russians than took place.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/07/world/europe/russia-putin-ukraine-politicians.html

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:04:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:04:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#21]

Drone drop on Russian mentioned in post above: when little drones can target an individual RPG gunner,warfare has officially changed. At some point soon I think light mortar sections will largely be replaced with armed drones in many militaries,

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

View Quote

Frag worked well in the 2nd one.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firefly1032:

Honest question, but considering their tactics in Crimea (and recently captured areas) of exporting natives and leaving desirables or bringing in Russians…how much appetite is there for the “people of Crimea” to join Ukraine once again? While I don’t disagree with Zelensky’s/UA’s stance, would UA forces simply be finding themselves on the outside looking in just like Russian forces when they came into UA expecting open arms?

Genuinely asking as I don’t know the current state of Crimean politics.

These areas pushed out many of the Ukrainian inhabitants and Russians moved in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#24]

https://t.me/ukraine1TOP/4384

Today, near the village of Novopokrovka, Zaporozhye region, ex-people's deputy David Zhvania died from artillery fire.

Zhvania had a Russian passport, corresponding citizenship, an extremely murky biography, and was an unofficial representative of Rosatom (TVEL supplies).

What the hell Zhvania was doing in the gray zone and in the area of ​​the checkpoint of the Russian occupation forces is still unclear.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:21:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Azov had lost contact with their field hospital; they reconnected, and it ain’t good.

Palamar's direct speech : "Shelling, aviation, all night. There are wounded. Aviation is working over the hospital. Many seriously wounded. For some time we will lose contact with the hospital.

But now the connection is restored, many are injured, and they need to be evacuated. This process cannot be delayed , because the wounded need normal care and medication. We need a normal diet and fresh air. "

Prehistory:
Russian troops have been shelling the Azovstal plant in blockaded Mariupol all day on May 9 and continue to do so now.
According to the Azov Regiment, over the past day the Russians made 34 flights, including 8 flights of strategic bombers, to the territory of the Azovstal plant.
On May 10, the National Guard said that the entire Ukrainian leadership was currently working to  evacuate civilians  and rescue the military defending the Azovstal plant in occupied Mariupol.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Drone drop on Russian troop.  
View Quote

That was great!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Sikorsky has a production line in Poland via its PZL subsidiary.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#29]

UA “intercepted communications” claiming RU 200s are dumped in a landfill and listed as “missing”

To hide its losses in the war in Ukraine, Russia puts the killed soldiers on the list of "missing"

Their bodies are stored in makeshift dumps, where there are so many "two hundred" that the mountains of corpses reach two meters in height.

This is evidenced by new telephone conversations of the invaders, who managed to intercept the SBU.

"It's not a morgue, it's a landfill. Hefty, this… field - not a field, landfill - not a landfill… Fenced, cordoned off, no one is allowed. And, in short, thousands are brought there. Dump high with human growth… "- says the enemy invader to his wife from the" DPR ".

According to him, this landfill should be organized right near Donetsk. His bodyguards make a lot of money helping relatives of the dead find their remains.

And he learned about it - because there his acquaintance found his brother's body.

So parents, wives and relatives of the occupiers should think: are they ready for their loved ones to be torn to pieces by dogs or rot in the open air.

Can he do everything possible to prevent them from going to war at all?

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:35:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#30]
View Quote

There is the much added benefit of a missing soldier who wasn’t involved in a war not needing any death benefits paid to the family. They’re taking this money they’re saving and using it to repair Russian infrastructure,you can’t have both a war and roads maintained this well you know.

Non-snarky comment on that: Putin is grinding the “Russian people of Donbass” and doesn’t care as there isn’t any loss for him in doing so. Piles of press ganged people don’t cost him anything,it’s not like they’re getting paid nor does it cost anything to equip them with 60 year old helmets and guns. Burying them in pits is pretty much free too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:50:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Javelin kill:

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Probably mainly attacking buildings and concentrations of people, as well as destroying light vehicles (fuel trucks, MLRS, artillery - things that arent tanks) from 5km+ away.

Main advantage is its 'high capacity' - a technical could have a 4-7 shot launcher in the space of a ATGM mount.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krater:
Need some info - what exactly is the niche where APWKS ( laser guided Hydra 70 ) falls into?  Is it supposed to be used against fieldworks /vehicles / troop concentrations /something else?  I think Ukrainians will be using ground launched version.

Probably mainly attacking buildings and concentrations of people, as well as destroying light vehicles (fuel trucks, MLRS, artillery - things that arent tanks) from 5km+ away.

Main advantage is its 'high capacity' - a technical could have a 4-7 shot launcher in the space of a ATGM mount.

When this was first talked about in the news a month ago (or so), it was to resupply the Bayraktar TB2 with precision weapons as they were running out of the original missiles.

The advantage is they could carry four times as many guided rockets as  the missiles they were using.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:55:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
View Quote

Those idiots really think they can take odessa
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#36]
«???? ????» ?????????? ?????????? ???????? ??????? ?? ??????. ???????????? ????? «??????»
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:02:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Convoy getting the business.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#40]
May 9 in russia... Oh my God!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

LOL the twitter fags restricted a video of a fighter fly over.  

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#42]
??? ???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???????????? ?? ??????????? ?????. ??????? ????? ?????????? ??????.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:12:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CwumYoBGwU
View Quote

Daaaaamn!  

That's some good shootin.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Drone drop on Russian mentioned in post above: when little drones can target an individual RPG gunner,warfare has officially changed. At some point soon I think light mortar sections will largely be replaced with armed drones in many militaries,

View Quote
They probably left that washing machine there thinking it was broken because it wouldn't turn on    
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
View Quote

Well, their blowouts worked on the new ammo storage... I don't think it helped though. The turret vented too.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:15:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

Daaaaamn!  

That's some good shootin.
View Quote
Shit got pounded
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#47]
??????? ??????????-?????????? ??????? ??????????
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

LOL the twitter fags restricted a video of a fighter fly over.  

View Quote

They do that to pretty much anybody that's worth following. Spook posts up some great stuff (for example)
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1912 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top