Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2016 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Ghost
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I wondered how long this would take. It's an arms race.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The T62 requires a crewman to load.  I wonder how many well trained loaders the Russians have laying around since all of their newer tanks use auto loaders.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Ideally you want to point at the UAV, determine its frequency and then jam it.  

This jams commercial bands, 2.4MHz and 5.8MHz with an option to change frequencies from the manufacturer
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Allied Forces???????? are they the Orc's or the Ukes
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Beltfed308:

The Germans really set themselves up quite nicely combined with the russian oil/gas dependence. Did they surrender and just not tell anyone?
View All Quotes

Simply explained by delusions of EU grandeur. The flip side to that is that it's a little true. The Euro is almost wholly dependent of Russian petro. That's going to need to change, and a lot of EU leadership will take a big financial hit doing it.

Thus the german and french "Mein Got!" and "Mon Portefeuille!" foot dragging.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#9]
After spending a little morning time on Telegram it has finally occurred to me why the USMC gave up their tanks.

The things are death traps.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:52:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dillydilly] [#10]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Ghost
View Quote

Oooh you’re gonna take a beating for posting that. Get ready!

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#11]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
The T62 requires a crewman to load.  I wonder how many well trained loaders the Russians have laying around since all of their newer tanks use auto loaders.
View Quote

Aren’t the T-62s the Russian tanks that were famous for removing loaders’ hands/fingers?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Aren’t the T-62s the Russian tanks that were famous for removing loaders’ hands/fingers?
View Quote

Pretty sure that was the auto loader in the T-72.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Ukraine granting exemptions for military aged males including humanitarian aid work.

https://t.me/truexanewsua
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
Allied Forces???????? are they the Orc's or the Ukes
View Quote

Based on the Russian flag on their uniforms, I'd say Danish.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
“The people of the DPR do not want to die for the people of the LPR. Yes, and for the native DPR they are not in a hurry”
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:07:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TylerF] [#17]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Aren't the T-62s the Russian tanks that were famous for removing loaders' hands/fingers?

Neither. It's mostly a myth.

That was early BMP-1s. With heavy clothes (like winter jackets) there was a chance that the autoloader could stuff the gunner's arm into the breech if he wasn't careful.

It just kinda expanded to all Soviet tanks
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:
After spending a little morning time on Telegram it has finally occurred to me why the USMC gave up their tanks.

The things are death traps.
View Quote

They aren’t death traps for the US, because the US uses combined arms tactics and has capabilities for suppressing enemy airpower and artillery that poor nations don’t have. The Marines wanted to support the navy with long range fires and they are on track to end up with no tanks and no long range fires.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TylerF:

That was early BMP-1s. With heavy clothes (like winter jackets) there was a chance that the autoloader could stuff the gunner's arm inti the breech if he wasn't careful.

View Quote

Good to know.

Repeat one thing that you heard in GD….
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Ukrainian  Switchblade 300 team operating in the East.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#22]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

What you are failing to understand, that Ukraine already does understand is that they don't have time. There is not an option of giving up land to build up a bigger force. First you need to grasp the fact of "Russia is just blowing its load" is false or past-tense at this stage. Russia has very much learned from there mistakes at the first month of this war. VERY much learned. They are now fighting like a cohesive Combined Arms with strategy, and they are taking land EVERY day. UKRAINE, for the last 5 to 6 days has not been able to stop advances in very strategic places that is imperative for Ukraine to keep. There is no time to spare while they "build up" a force, as you say to stop the Russian onslaught. IF Russia takes DONETSK AND LUHANSK republics then Russia has won. And by all info available as of today it very much looks like that is going to happen, even if russia goes beyond those boundaries and are stopped by Ukraine russia has won this war. You are failing to realize as many are, even world leaders that if Ukraine cannot hold onto those regions NOW. There is no getting them back and a Ukraine that's smaller than Ukraine the day before this invasion started is no Ukraine at all. And the war is lost. Russia will announce they won the war, everythibg will calm down, Ukraine will be smaller and the west's support will come to a stop or close to it.  Then it's back to other world problems and elections and the russo-ukraine war will be old news
View All Quotes
Rght now I think UA is just trading land for time.  I don’t expect to see any large scale counteroffensives until late summer, early fall.  

I believe UA is building a very large force but that takes time.  It has been 3 months, about 12 weeks.  Assuming they started training new forces on the day of the invasion that still does not mean they are ready to go.  

I have no idea how long a UA soldiers boot camp is but I imagine they aren’t just handing them a uniform and a rife and sending them to the front.  Not if they want to win anyway.  And not only do they need the training, the need the equipment.  Helmets, boots, individual weapons.  Word is they are trying to field a million man army.  Thats a lot of equipment.

I did a little googling on how long it took the US to basically train a force drone WWII.  From recruit to theater.  If UA is training anywhere close to this (which I assume they are; they seem to follow the western model of training your troops and not the Russian model of just tossing them into the fray).

Found this interesting post on Reddit.

"The length and rigor of training of units was not based upon their composition, but upon their type and role. I’ll use Infantry branch units and replacements as an example, since I have the most documentation on them. Part of the below is taken from an older answer. On February 16, 1942, General Headquarters, U.S. Army (which would give way a month later to the Army Ground Forces, Army Service Forces, and Army Air Forces) dictated 44 weeks (a hair over 10 months) as the period necessary to prepare an newly-activated infantry division for combat. The specified training period was reduced to 35 weeks beginning on November 1, 1942:

Training Length:

Basic and Individual Training
13 weeks

Small Unit Training
11 weeks

Combined Arms Training
11 weeks

On January. 5, 1943, combined arms training was lengthened by a week to allow for more time to conduct a regiment-sized (with one battalion of the regiment utilizing live ammunition) "battle" exercise supported by tank, tank destroyer, and field artillery units. On February 4, 1943, small unit training was lengthened by a week to incorporate new exercises which involved infiltration, close combat, and combat in cities. On April 28, 1943, the War Department mandated that all combat troops complete a course in "transition" firing before moving from basic rifle training to combat exercises. This lengthened basic and individual training by a week;

Training Length:

14 weeks

Small Unit Training
12 weeks

Combined Arms Training
12 weeks

Reddit Link

What you are failing to understand, that Ukraine already does understand is that they don't have time. There is not an option of giving up land to build up a bigger force. First you need to grasp the fact of "Russia is just blowing its load" is false or past-tense at this stage. Russia has very much learned from there mistakes at the first month of this war. VERY much learned. They are now fighting like a cohesive Combined Arms with strategy, and they are taking land EVERY day. UKRAINE, for the last 5 to 6 days has not been able to stop advances in very strategic places that is imperative for Ukraine to keep. There is no time to spare while they "build up" a force, as you say to stop the Russian onslaught. IF Russia takes DONETSK AND LUHANSK republics then Russia has won. And by all info available as of today it very much looks like that is going to happen, even if russia goes beyond those boundaries and are stopped by Ukraine russia has won this war. You are failing to realize as many are, even world leaders that if Ukraine cannot hold onto those regions NOW. There is no getting them back and a Ukraine that's smaller than Ukraine the day before this invasion started is no Ukraine at all. And the war is lost. Russia will announce they won the war, everythibg will calm down, Ukraine will be smaller and the west's support will come to a stop or close to it.  Then it's back to other world problems and elections and the russo-ukraine war will be old news

I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly with this assessment. First, the UK MOD posting from earlier today seems to indicate that the Russian advances in virtually all areas have stalled. That could be because Ukraine is getting better at stopping them, terrain is working against the Russians, the Russians are running out of massed artillery fire ability (destroyed or no ammo) or some combination thereof (most likely). Next, the Ukrainians appear to be taking a send-it kind of approach to the western gear. When they get a group trained up on it, they send it to "today's" hot spot to integrate with the existing units. How well that works depends on whether 1-5 guns is going to be decisive to thwart a specific localized Russian advance. Third, the Russians aren't really advancing as much as they are flattening anything ahead of them then claiming "success". This tactic doesn't help them "win" or maintain control over the region and, in fact, is counter-productive to that control. They already know they don't have the money to rebuild, re-settle ethnic Russians into a bombed-out area, and try to integrate now-destroyed cities and towns into Russia's SOI. Finally, since the loss-rate of Russian troops and equipment appears to be a multiple of Ukrainian losses, that doesn't lend itself to being able to sustain a war of attrition, it detracts from it. Every day Russia loses more men and materiel, their economy erodes further, and their status as a pariah nation becomes more solidified.

If, as some reports suggest, that the big Russian offensive in the east has, in fact, failed, then Russia is guaranteed to lose the war. Even if the Russian advance is slowed to a crawl, they don't have the wherewithal to maintain a crawl pace long enough to consolidate control of the east or the south. It appears to be a pipe dream at this point.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:20:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
When the T-62 quits moving, get out and walk back. Seems like business as usual for RU
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

That DID get good

Those guys are living in another time.

lol, I'm wondering how new conscripts are going to be able to maintain these dinosaurs, they couldn't take care of the new ones they were issued very well.
When the T-62 quits moving, get out and walk back. Seems like business as usual for RU
This is the equivalent of basically rolling M48A1's  into Desert Storm.

T-62's are basically the end of the tracks medium tank design from WWII. You can trace it's lineage back to the T-44. They were well out of date when the Soviets were pulling them from frontline service by the end of the 80's.

They are a coffin, and are going to be the death of many conscripts and press-ganged militias who probably are only going to have the bare minimum of training on these. No more than days perhaps.

Never mind the logistical issues with a 60 year old tanks that has been out of service for decades.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#24]

The Germans really set themselves up quite nicely combined with the russian oil/gas dependence. Did they surrender and just not tell anyone?
View Quote

IMO, Angela Merkel was a Trojan Horse.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#25]
This is the equivalent of basically rolling M48A1's  into Desert Storm.

T-62's are basically the end of the tracks medium tank design from WWII. You can trace it's lineage back to the T-44. They were well out of date when the Soviets were pulling them from frontline service by the end of the 80's.

They are a coffin, and are going to be the death of many conscripts and press-ganged militias who probably are only going to have the bare minimum of training on these. No more than days perhaps.

Never mind the logistical issues with a 60 year old tanks that has been out of service for decades.
View Quote

When was the last time they produced main gun ammo for these?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Video

Ukrainian soldier, call sign Viking, was captured in Chernihiv region with 8 others and tortured. The vehicle he was transported on exploded on a mine. russian crew burned inside, and 9 POWs managed to escape. Viking led them all to safety.

?????????? ???????? ? ??????????? ?????? ????? 58-? ??????? ?? ??? ? ?????????.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly with this assessment. First, the UK MOD posting from earlier today seems to indicate that the Russian advances in virtually all areas have stalled. The could be because Ukraine is getting better at stopping them, terrain is working against the Russians, the Russians are running out of massed artillery fire ability (destroyed or no ammo) or some combination thereof (most likely). Next, the Ukrainians appear to be taking a send-it kind of approach to the western gear. When they get a group trained up on it, they send it to "today's" hot spot to integrate with the existing units. How well that works depends on whether 1-5 guns is going to be decisive to thwart a specific localized Russian advance. Third, the Russians aren't really advancing as much as they are flattening anything ahead of them then claiming "success". This tactic doesn't help them "win" or maintain control over the region and, in fact, is counter-productive to that control. They already know they don't have the money to rebuild, re-settle ethnic Russians into a bombed-out area, and try to integrate now-destroyed cities and towns into Russia's SOI. Finally, since the loss-rate of Russian troops and equipment appears to be a multiple of Ukrainian losses, that doesn't lend itself to being able to sustain a war of attrition, it detracts from it. Every day Russia loses more men and materiel, their economy erodes further, and their status as a pariah nation becomes more solidified.

If, as some reports suggest, that the big Russian offensive in the east has, in fact, failed, then Russia is guaranteed to lose the war. Even if the Russian advance is slowed to a crawl, they don't have the wherewithal to maintain a crawl pace long enough to consolidate control of the east or the south. It appears to be a pipe dream at this point.
View Quote

The part in bold is exactly what they're doing and I don't think they care about future control or integration though.  They just want to clear everyone out and create a buffer plus own the water/sea lanes. I think they will continue to flatten everything and kill anyone in front of them.

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

When was the last time they produced main gun ammo for these?
View Quote

To give you an idea of how many are in service worldwide, Nexter makes an APFSDS round for the 115mm…in France.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#29]

I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly with this assessment. First, the UK MOD posting from earlier today seems to indicate that the Russian advances in virtually all areas have stalled. That could be because Ukraine is getting better at stopping them, terrain is working against the Russians, the Russians are running out of massed artillery fire ability (destroyed or no ammo) or some combination thereof (most likely). Next, the Ukrainians appear to be taking a send-it kind of approach to the western gear. When they get a group trained up on it, they send it to "today's" hot spot to integrate with the existing units. How well that works depends on whether 1-5 guns is going to be decisive to thwart a specific localized Russian advance. Third, the Russians aren't really advancing as much as they are flattening anything ahead of them then claiming "success". This tactic doesn't help them "win" or maintain control over the region and, in fact, is counter-productive to that control. They already know they don't have the money to rebuild, re-settle ethnic Russians into a bombed-out area, and try to integrate now-destroyed cities and towns into Russia's SOI. Finally, since the loss-rate of Russian troops and equipment appears to be a multiple of Ukrainian losses, that doesn't lend itself to being able to sustain a war of attrition, it detracts from it. Every day Russia loses more men and materiel, their economy erodes further, and their status as a pariah nation becomes more solidified.

View All Quotes
Rght now I think UA is just trading land for time.  I don’t expect to see any large scale counteroffensives until late summer, early fall.  

I believe UA is building a very large force but that takes time.  It has been 3 months, about 12 weeks.  Assuming they started training new forces on the day of the invasion that still does not mean they are ready to go.  

I have no idea how long a UA soldiers boot camp is but I imagine they aren’t just handing them a uniform and a rife and sending them to the front.  Not if they want to win anyway.  And not only do they need the training, the need the equipment.  Helmets, boots, individual weapons.  Word is they are trying to field a million man army.  Thats a lot of equipment.

I did a little googling on how long it took the US to basically train a force drone WWII.  From recruit to theater.  If UA is training anywhere close to this (which I assume they are; they seem to follow the western model of training your troops and not the Russian model of just tossing them into the fray).

"The length and rigor of training of units was not based upon their composition, but upon their type and role. I’ll use Infantry branch units and replacements as an example, since I have the most documentation on them. Part of the below is taken from an older answer. On February 16, 1942, General Headquarters, U.S. Army (which would give way a month later to the Army Ground Forces, Army Service Forces, and Army Air Forces) dictated 44 weeks (a hair over 10 months) as the period necessary to prepare an newly-activated infantry division for combat. The specified training period was reduced to 35 weeks beginning on November 1, 1942:

Training Length:

13 weeks

Small Unit Training
11 weeks

Combined Arms Training
11 weeks

On January. 5, 1943, combined arms training was lengthened by a week to allow for more time to conduct a regiment-sized (with one battalion of the regiment utilizing live ammunition) "battle" exercise supported by tank, tank destroyer, and field artillery units. On February 4, 1943, small unit training was lengthened by a week to incorporate new exercises which involved infiltration, close combat, and combat in cities. On April 28, 1943, the War Department mandated that all combat troops complete a course in "transition" firing before moving from basic rifle training to combat exercises. This lengthened basic and individual training by a week;

Training Length:

14 weeks

Small Unit Training
12 weeks

Combined Arms Training
12 weeks

Reddit Link

It's also worth noting that Russia's initial goals were to take Kiev and install a puppet. That failed...miserably. They have already lost their main objective. Ukraine's objective is to maintain sovereignty. Even if they lose some territory, they have already won that objective.  

Victory in this case may not be black and white, but in the gray area- Ukraine has already won and Russia lost...even if they both sides don't get/lose every objective.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Now that Y'all say that, it sure does look that way.
What the fuck happened to Germany?
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Neat DARPA should be there testing the lethality of new designs through Ukrainian field testers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Good to know.

Repeat one thing that you heard in GD.
View All Quotes

That was early BMP-1s. With heavy clothes (like winter jackets) there was a chance that the autoloader could stuff the gunner's arm inti the breech if he wasn't careful.

Good to know.

You know it lol.

Also, as an aside T-62's are actually more manpower heavy compared to other Russian tanks, as they have 4 man crews. No autoloader.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Neat DARPA should be there testing the lethality of new designs through Ukrainian field testers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

They are, lots of feedback coming from the Ukrainians on the systems.  I'm hoping they get more Jam proof drones asap.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://i.postimg.cc/FsDVrYSb/FOr7-EXp-WYAAARDy.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Need more Ukrainian hardbass suggestions
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

The part in bold is exactly what they're doing and I don't think they care about future control or integration though.  They just want to clear everyone out and create a buffer plus own the water/sea lanes. I think they will continue to flatten everything and kill anyone in front of them.

View All Quotes

I'd have to disagree wholeheartedly with this assessment. First, the UK MOD posting from earlier today seems to indicate that the Russian advances in virtually all areas have stalled. The could be because Ukraine is getting better at stopping them, terrain is working against the Russians, the Russians are running out of massed artillery fire ability (destroyed or no ammo) or some combination thereof (most likely). Next, the Ukrainians appear to be taking a send-it kind of approach to the western gear. When they get a group trained up on it, they send it to "today's" hot spot to integrate with the existing units. How well that works depends on whether 1-5 guns is going to be decisive to thwart a specific localized Russian advance. Third, the Russians aren't really advancing as much as they are flattening anything ahead of them then claiming "success". This tactic doesn't help them "win" or maintain control over the region and, in fact, is counter-productive to that control. They already know they don't have the money to rebuild, re-settle ethnic Russians into a bombed-out area, and try to integrate now-destroyed cities and towns into Russia's SOI. Finally, since the loss-rate of Russian troops and equipment appears to be a multiple of Ukrainian losses, that doesn't lend itself to being able to sustain a war of attrition, it detracts from it. Every day Russia loses more men and materiel, their economy erodes further, and their status as a pariah nation becomes more solidified.

Perhaps but they don't have sufficient stockpiles of men, machinery, and supplies to make that happen. And, when they run out of one or all of those, and they will, then what? Do they pull back to reconstitute or just get destroyed in place? Either you are winning or you are losing. In this conflict, Ukraine has made it abundantly clear they are going to push the Russians out of their country entirely. That being the case, it's not good enough to get to a stalemate because Ukraine will ultimately push them back to the Russian border.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Ukrainian Special Forces Strike Russian Tank With Switchblade Kamikaze Drone

?? Ukraine War - Ukrainian Special Forces Strike Russian Tank With Switchblade Kamikaze Drone
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

Now that Y'all say that, it sure does look that way.
What the fuck happened to Germany?
View Quote

Donald Trump told them to their faces, I believe it was a NATO meeting, that russia now controls germany. They laughed at him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:18:07 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#43]
If Russia annexes all of eastern Ukraine...including Odessa, it will make shipping wheat stores more expensive for the Ukrainians; because it will have done by rail (as it is now); instead of by boat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#44]
You know it lol.

Also, as an aside T-62's are actually more manpower heavy compared to other Russian tanks, as they have 4 man crews. No autoloader.
View All Quotes

Good to know.

You know it lol.

They'll do 3-man crews just like they're doing 2-man crews in the autoloaders. TC's are over-rated anyway. Lord help the gunner if he has to load as well.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

It's also worth noting that Russia's initial goals were to take Kiev and install a puppet. That failed...miserably. They have already lost their main objective. Ukraine's objective is to maintain sovereignty. Even if they lose some territory, they have already won that objective.  

Victory in this case may not be black and white, but in the gray area- Ukraine has already won and Russia lost...even if they both sides don't get/lose every objective.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Training Length:

13 weeks

Small Unit Training
11 weeks

Combined Arms Training
11 weeks

Training Length:

14 weeks

Small Unit Training
12 weeks

Combined Arms Training
12 weeks

Reddit Link

I normally don't watch much CNN but saw this yesterday.  I am not sure how credible the Colonel is, but he laid out the strategy that he thinks the Russians have.  Control the coast of Ukraine and choke off their ability to export crops.

Retired Colonel: It's game over here if Russians do this
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That last guy on was definitely in charge. It looked like that little forested area where they stopped may have had a good view of their previous position.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#47]

I assume those don't fire tungsten BBs.

Must be some type of sonic disrupter.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#48]
"Belarusian troops will start manoeuvres near the border with Ukraine tomorrow. Special operations forces of Belarus and aviation will take part in the training. Troops will be trained to cross the water barrier with the support of helicopters and fighters.

As a reminder, Belarus is an ally of Russia. From the territory of this country, Russian troops attacked Kyiv and fired on our territory."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Perhaps but they don't have sufficient stockpiles of men, machinery, and supplies to make that happen. And, when they run out of one or all of those, and they will, then what? Do they pull back to reconstitute or just get destroyed in place? Either you are winning or you are losing. In this conflict, Ukraine has made it abundantly clear they are going to push the Russians out of their country entirely. That being the case, it's not good enough to get to a stalemate because Ukraine will ultimately push them back to the Russian border.
View All Quotes

There really can't be a stalemate if there is no one left on the other side to fight back.  I hope UKR can push them back out but I don't know if UKR has the man power push them back from defensive positions and with no one left for an insurgency the Russians very well could hold the territory.  I hope I'm wrong ....
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 3:51:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#50]
"Israel rejected a US request to allow Germany to supply Ukraine with German-made missiles with Israeli technology.
Israel is concerned about the possibility of Russian soldiers being killed by Israeli weapons, which might push Russia to harm Israeli interests in Syria."

https://t.me/UkrWarRep/5391
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2016 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top