Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2100 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CS223:
As much as I wish we could get guided weapons into UA's hands, I can understand why we may be reluctant to do so. UA is still green on the battlefield as others have pointed out in how equipment was being deployed. That endangers combat valuable equipment and puts it in a position to be destroyed by the enemy and likewise exposing our technology to the enemy. If it were our troops on the battlefield, it would be an orc wasteland. You might train a crew in two weeks to operate the weapon but you're not going to train them where to hide, where to move, how to protect assets in that period of time. They are doing surprisingly well against the many odds. I hope we can give them every advantage.
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:11:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#3]
As much as I wish we could get guided weapons into UA's hands, I can understand why we may be reluctant to do so. UA is still green on the battlefield as others have pointed out in how equipment was being deployed. That endangers combat valuable equipment and puts it in a position to be destroyed by the enemy and likewise exposing our technology to the enemy. If it were our troops on the battlefield, it would be an orc wasteland. You might train a crew in two weeks to operate the weapon but you're not going to train them where to hide, where to move, how to protect assets in that period of time. They are doing surprisingly well against the many odds. I hope we can give them every advantage.
View Quote

Having the grace of Gaod for the Ukrainian's, in order to oust the Ruzzians from Ukraine...wouldn't hurt, either.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:18:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#4]
"At the checkpoint in Vasylivka, farmers are forced to throw away tons of vegetables that are being transported for sale from Melitopol to Zaporizhzhia

And all because the invaders prohibit the export of fruits and vegetables from the temporarily occupied territories."

Telegram video
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DOW:

Holy shit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DOW:
Originally Posted By Illegible_Signature:
Well, I guess Putin was right about Nazis in Europe. Looks like the Germans are bringing back the Panther.
Rheinmetall Panther

Holy shit

Don't get excited. They won't export them to anyone who might actually need them and they'll only buy twelve of them to "keep institutional knowledge" which they'll never use.

They might as well buy some Oscar Meyer Wiener trucks and paint them yellow, because that's what Germans are now a days.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:21:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#6]

Ukraine’s partisans are hitting Russian soldiers behind their own lines

In Russian-occupied cities like Melitopol, covert resistance continues

The russians took the strategic rail-hub city of Melitopol on the third day of the war, their route apparently greased by Ukrainian turncoats. Controlling the city, a crucial segment of Vladimir Putin’s land bridge to Crimea, has proven somewhat trickier. Every few days brings a surprising report: an armoured train destroyed and a grenade attack on a command post (May 18th); railway tracks and a radar station blown up (May 22nd); a pro-Ukrainian rally (May 29th); and a collaborator’s house hit by an explosion (May 30th). Ukraine claims its partisans have killed more than 100 Russian soldiers behind enemy lines in Melitopol. “Our people are doing everything to make sure the land burns under the feet of the occupiers,” says the town’s mayor, Ivan Fedorov, now safe in Ukrainian-controlled territory.

Melitopol is the unofficial capital of Ukraine’s resistance. Since mid-March the war maps produced by the American-based Institute for the Study of War show it covered in stripes, meaning it is territory where partisans are active. But it is far from the only place that has seen such operations. In neighbouring Kherson, a Russian-controlled airbase has been blown up nearly two dozen times. In Enerhodar, Andrii Shevchyk, the collaborationist mayor, was the target of an unsuccessful assassination attempt. In Izyum, hungry Russian soldiers were purportedly given spiked pies by a seemingly friendly old lady, according to a telephone conversation between a Russian soldier and his girlfriend that was intercepted by Ukrainian intelligence; eight of them reportedly ended up dead. When Russians abandon tanks or petrol trucks, Ukrainian farmers tow them away. Reports of explosions at arms dumps trickle in from the occupied regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.
View Quote

Russian reconnaissance UAV "Orlan-10" was shot down by the 58th motorized rifle brigade - information is also available on some of the components used.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

Our government is the weak, corrupt, distortion of reality we claim all others are.

This is the weakness putin saw in the west.
View Quote

That is what Putin counted on, statements like yours. But that wasn’t the reality as Russia inserted their junk into a buzzsaw. Russia is getting significantly degraded in a campaign they thought would last a week. We do not know who is going to ‘win’ this, but we already know Russia has lost this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Isn't that double angle on the Germany tanks makena weak spot between the chassis and the turret.
View Quote

No.  The wedge on the modern Leo2 turret faces isn’t designed to deflect penetrators significantly but to force them to impact the main armor behind them at an angle forcing the rod to shatter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By xd675:

No.  The wedge on the modern Leo2 turret faces isn’t designed to deflect penetrators significantly but to force them to impact the main armor behind them at an angle forcing the rod to shatter.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Isn't that double angle on the Germany tanks makena weak spot between the chassis and the turret.

APFSDS doesn’t really deflect but if you trap it in several pieces of steel vibrating at different frequencies in different directions it can lose effect or shatter.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
At this point...I'm praying for divine intervention; but I'm not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe todays equivalent of Poland's Winged Hussars would be in order.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#12]
"Satellite images shows: 4 Russian headquarters ELIMINATED by Ukrainian Special Forces"
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

Maybe they can denazify the whole world by killing everyone who isn’t ethnically Russian.  How’s that for a final solution?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
It's almost a week old, so apologies if it's already been posted. The question is: "How many other countries should Russia denazify?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc7G6AE3stg

Maybe they can denazify the whole world by killing everyone who isn’t ethnically Russian.  How’s that for a final solution?

I seriously suspect that's the current line of
thinking in the higher Russian echelons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
"Drone Wars: Ukraine And Russia's Aerial Battle In The Skies Over Donbass"
View Quote

Drone Wars: Ukraine And Russia's Aerial Battle In The Skies Over Donbas
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Let’s hope any new tank comes with a highly effective, anti-Bayractar system.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:37:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _disconnector_] [#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Russian BMP-3 apparently with alot of ammo hit by Ukrainian forces.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcbijs/ukrainian_artillery_destroying_a_russian_bmp3/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote
That's a bunch of 30mm cooking off plus maybe mortar charges.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Exactly, I would rather have one weapon that can hit exactly where I want than 500 that only have a small chance of hitting where I want.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By Et2ss:
Thermal image of Russian S-8 unguided rocket lofting.  You can see the round all the way to the impact point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vc2m1e/video_of_russian_airforce_firing_toward_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

But did it actually hit anything?

Great question, no one actually knows lol.  I would imagine if your that desperate to hit a target and can't do it because you have no air superiority, or guided weapons, that you'd have dozens of such aircraft fly together and loft hundreds of these to create the effect of an MLRS strike.   Two aircraft firing these doesn't seem like it would do much, and the dispersion seems large.
Those drone videos of rocket attacks are kind of frustrating, two dozen explosions everywhere except for the road or treeline being targeted.  Maybe one will hit close enough to cause casualties.  Makes you believe in spending whatever is necessary for guided weapons.

Exactly, I would rather have one weapon that can hit exactly where I want than 500 that only have a small chance of hitting where I want.

I don't think those rockets have enough blast radius to be effective artillery. Sure it can be of some use, but I am assuming it is not all the effective at destroying things.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Let’s hope any new tank comes with a highly effective, anti-Bayractar system.
View Quote

Anyone who buys that tank is going to use it under a NATO Air Force.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#20]
The Mystery Deepens behind This SuperYacht Trapped in London!
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By _disconnector_:
View All Quotes

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vcbijs/ukrainian_artillery_destroying_a_russian_bmp3/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

BMP-3? 100mm.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

[UA Farmer] *shakes fist at sky* I JUST STOLE THAT!!! [/UA Farmer]

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

BMP-3? 100mm.
View All Quotes

BMP-3? 100mm.

In true Arfcom fashion, it has both.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO-oh7Mb3NE
View Quote

News channel. I absolutely hate the fact that our media is no longer trustworthy. I no longer trust any news.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

I seriously suspect that's the current line of
thinking in the higher Russian echelons.
View Quote

That IS the direction the loudmouths are going on russian state media.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:01:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dracster] [#26]
"Ukrainian military medics treat not only people"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Kitty was found and treated and is recovering at a vets office

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Patrol leader Muffins

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:12:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]

BMP-3? 100mm.
View All Quotes

BMP-3? 100mm.

Plus it usually has a few atgms, this does explain why some BMP's look like opened sardine cans.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXwMJpPtxtM
View All Quotes
"Drone Wars: Ukraine And Russia's Aerial Battle In The Skies Over Donbass"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXwMJpPtxtM

Could not help but notice that guy had an SUV full of EVO 2 Enterprise  drones that can potentially drop grenades, or have thermal imagers.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

lol, I noticed the tractor and thought the same.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Timeflies:

Surprise, another holier than thou post.

This thread is MAYBE 10% conflict info.

The remaining 90% is perpetual anti-American shit talking.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:28:06 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Let's hope any new tank comes with a highly effective, anti-Bayractar system.

At the rate Germany is going, it might not necessarily be a friendly NATO Air Force.

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

I don't think those rockets have enough blast radius to be effective artillery. Sure it can be of some use, but I am assuming it is not all the effective at destroying things.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Originally Posted By Et2ss:
Thermal image of Russian S-8 unguided rocket lofting.  You can see the round all the way to the impact point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vc2m1e/video_of_russian_airforce_firing_toward_ukrainian/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

But did it actually hit anything?

Great question, no one actually knows lol.  I would imagine if your that desperate to hit a target and can't do it because you have no air superiority, or guided weapons, that you'd have dozens of such aircraft fly together and loft hundreds of these to create the effect of an MLRS strike.   Two aircraft firing these doesn't seem like it would do much, and the dispersion seems large.
Those drone videos of rocket attacks are kind of frustrating, two dozen explosions everywhere except for the road or treeline being targeted.  Maybe one will hit close enough to cause casualties.  Makes you believe in spending whatever is necessary for guided weapons.

Those types of rockets have very low HE content.
At the end of an arc like that, Id imagine they're moving very slowly and you have time to get under cover.
I doubt they are doing too much damage like that.

It would be useful against artillery or exposed stuff but that kind of attack looks like flown by people who care more about survival  and checking the block vs effectiveness.  It speaks to the effectiveness of Ukrainian AAA.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:32:29 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Just in case you forgot, they have been fighting the russians since obammy was in office. We have been training them during this time as well. It's not like they just started this with the current invasion.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:34:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

That is what Putin counted on, statements like yours. But that wasn't the reality as Russia inserted their junk into a buzzsaw. Russia is getting significantly degraded in a campaign they thought would last a week. We do not know who is going to 'win' this, but we already know Russia has lost this.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

Our government is the weak, corrupt, distortion of reality we claim all others are.

This is the weakness putin saw in the west.

That is what Putin counted on, statements like yours. But that wasn't the reality as Russia inserted their junk into a buzzsaw. Russia is getting significantly degraded in a campaign they thought would last a week. We do not know who is going to 'win' this, but we already know Russia has lost this.

yeah, if anything this war is going to speed up a second Russian government collapse. They can't sustain the loss of equipment. They no longer have access to the microchips that they need to build their high tech weapons. Russia has never been successful making their own microchip industry, and that's not going to change.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By nomansland:

The human element of training and improvement is probably as or more important than the hardware at this point.  I don't know if they are able to rotate people out to western Ukraine, Poland, etc to train on these finer skills/coordination or if you could send experts forward to try to mentor them in the field (that would have to be extremely difficult).  I'm sure the west is trying to push what they can in weapons and logistics but I doubt that alone will be the key to achieving tactical superiority.  I would think that Russia's institutional barriers will allow Ukraine to improve faster if applied in an intentional manner.
View Quote

They have been training in Ukraine, Poland, and Germany. Possibly other places.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JCoop:
But can you get really good Tokaji Aszu?
View Quote

I still have a few bottles. I think the youngest is 1990. I've been to many wine tasting trips to Tokaj. We would bring it home in big 10L jugs.

I still prefer Eger though. (I like the castle)
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:06:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Just in case you forgot, they have been fighting the russians since obammy was in office. We have been training them during this time as well. It's not like they just started this with the current invasion.
View Quote

Obama was training them with blankets and MRE's. They only started getting weapons under Trump.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Did I miss the daily tally of destruction

in on 2100
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:17:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:18:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Obama was training them with blankets and MRE's. They only started getting weapons under Trump.
View Quote

They have been getting western training even when count chocula was refusing to send weapons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#45]

That is what Putin counted on, statements like yours. But that wasn’t the reality as Russia inserted their junk into a buzzsaw. Russia is getting significantly degraded in a campaign they thought would last a week. We do not know who is going to ‘win’ this, but we already know Russia has lost this.
View Quote

Statements like mine?

I want to see our money used as efficiently as possible to defeat Russian ambitions hopefully for another generation at least.

but our government isn't exactly know for spending our money wisely and honestly. That's not behavior to protect.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/1BC1F80C-D876-4B33-9366-024C3E56C527-2418145.jpg

Russian reconnaissance UAV "Orlan-10" was shot down by the 58th motorized rifle brigade - information is also available on some of the components used.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/1BC1F80C-D876-4B33-9366-024C3E56C527-2418145.jpg

Ukraine’s partisans are hitting Russian soldiers behind their own lines

In Russian-occupied cities like Melitopol, covert resistance continues

The russians took the strategic rail-hub city of Melitopol on the third day of the war, their route apparently greased by Ukrainian turncoats. Controlling the city, a crucial segment of Vladimir Putin’s land bridge to Crimea, has proven somewhat trickier. Every few days brings a surprising report: an armoured train destroyed and a grenade attack on a command post (May 18th); railway tracks and a radar station blown up (May 22nd); a pro-Ukrainian rally (May 29th); and a collaborator’s house hit by an explosion (May 30th). Ukraine claims its partisans have killed more than 100 Russian soldiers behind enemy lines in Melitopol. “Our people are doing everything to make sure the land burns under the feet of the occupiers,” says the town’s mayor, Ivan Fedorov, now safe in Ukrainian-controlled territory.

Melitopol is the unofficial capital of Ukraine’s resistance. Since mid-March the war maps produced by the American-based Institute for the Study of War show it covered in stripes, meaning it is territory where partisans are active. But it is far from the only place that has seen such operations. In neighbouring Kherson, a Russian-controlled airbase has been blown up nearly two dozen times. In Enerhodar, Andrii Shevchyk, the collaborationist mayor, was the target of an unsuccessful assassination attempt. In Izyum, hungry Russian soldiers were purportedly given spiked pies by a seemingly friendly old lady, according to a telephone conversation between a Russian soldier and his girlfriend that was intercepted by Ukrainian intelligence; eight of them reportedly ended up dead. When Russians abandon tanks or petrol trucks, Ukrainian farmers tow them away. Reports of explosions at arms dumps trickle in from the occupied regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.

YES! This is what I was talking about when this thread was in single digits!
Ukrayins'ka Povstans'ka Armiya: The Ukrainian Insurgent Army, Part 1: The History (1942−1949)The History and Small Arms of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#47]
I haven't figured out the irregularity and sometimes the point of the United Kingdom's MOD briefing. No map this time.
My suspicion is Russia's production of advanced electronics will be closer to non-existent than troubled, but the MOD seems to have a penchant for understatement.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106650/6-14c-2418061.jpg
View Quote

A 20% increase in Russia’s military budget is only keeping up with inflation, it’s not going to result in more production.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Tomorrow will be an important day for Ukraine. Lots of defense ministers will be meeting on the side at NATO to discuss new requests for military aid. I hope that quite a few NATO countries besides the US and UK will remain committed to providing Ukraine with the tools it needs to defeat the orc horde from the east. I'm sure Poland will. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania will too. The same is true for the Czech Republic, Slovakia and probably Romania. But what will the two European nations that are in the best position to help (Germany and France) do? They seem to already be getting wobbly. At least France has delivered advanced weaponry. Hopefully they will continue to do so. And maybe Germany will finally ship some weaponry to Ukraine before Christmas. It is time to bear down and see this thing through. We've come this far, we can't turn back now. NATO member nations need to gift Ukraine enough big guns so that there is more artillery falling from the sky than bird shit. Fuck this diplomacy bullshit and suggestions that Ukraine should cede some land to Russia. They should cede them nothing! I actually hope they are able to retake what they've lost since February 24th. And it wouldn't bother me if they retook everything that belonged to them prior to 2014. Fuck Russia. Deliver to those bastards the death punch.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Fallen:

A 20% increase in Russia’s military budget is only keeping up with inflation, it’s not going to result in more production.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fallen:
I haven't figured out the irregularity and sometimes the point of the United Kingdom's MOD briefing. No map this time.
My suspicion is Russia's production of advanced electronics will be closer to non-existent than troubled, but the MOD seems to have a penchant for understatement.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106650/6-14c-2418061.jpg

Yeah. Probably a reduction once you figure in the grift.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#50]
??? ????? ? ???????? ?????? ????????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2100 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top