Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2105 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RSM:

Somebody needs to teach that cat about quiet sling attachments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Have you heard a cat on a night op? They don't care.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
wonder how many would donate today as they did back in WW2?

http://www.armoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/send-gun-to-british-home.jpg
View Quote

Much like Ukraine, the British civilians were disarmed by their own government.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Oops:

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By xd675:

This could turn into a real shit show if poisoned crops are brought to market.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xd675:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Wow @Prime was just about to post that.

Spy Sergej Vladimirovitsj Tsjerkasov was posing as a Brazillian. Was a long project for Russia to hide the guy's real identity.

Nice detail

Another juicy tidbit today-

Melitopol mayor says farmers were getting their crops stolen gave a bunch of poisoned cherries to Russian soldiers.

This could turn into a real shit show if poisoned crops are brought to market.

It would squash russian grain exports because no one would trust them.  It would be ugly but I get Ukrainians doing it.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at his expression. Macron was expecting the luv upon arrival Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
"Chairwoman of the German parliamentary defence Committee, Marie-Agnes Strack-Zimmermann, said amid Chancellor Olaf Scholz's visit to Kyiv that the full-scale war against Ukraine unleashed by Russia could only be solved by military means.

She also called on the Italian and French authorities for additional weapons supplies to Ukraine."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_12-23-04_jpg-2420190.JPG
View Quote

German woman has more balls that the chancellor.  My full blooded german grandmother would approve....that woman ran the family with an iron fist.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Look at his expression. Macron was expecting the luv upon arrival https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/C65526AD-C260-4F2E-AD5E-709CFB0AA6D3_jpe-2420230.JPG
View Quote

Scholz, Draghi and Macron are Putin level shitheads and can go straight to hell for all I care.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Scholz, Draghi and Macron are Putin level shitheads and can go straight to hell for all I care.
View Quote

You're insulting Putin with this comparison, these guys are worse.

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:07:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

You're insulting Putin with this comparison, these guys are worse.

View Quote

Are you kidding? It's -impossible- to insult that cocksucking subhuman slimeball.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]
A bit of Crimea chatter today...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_05-36-46_jpg-2420193.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_06-49-36_jpg-2420194.JPG

"France wants to see Ukraine take back Crimea, says French diplomatic source   CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-16-22) citing the french sources

France wishes to see Ukraine take back control of Crimea as part of a military victory against Russia, according to a French diplomatic source.

The remarks came as French, German and Italian leaders visit Kyiv. The source was speaking to pool journalists traveling with the French delegation on Thursday.

"We are for an integral victory with restoration of territorial integrity on all territories conquered by the Russians, including Crimea," the French official said, referring to the Black Sea peninsula that Russia forcibly annexed from Ukraine in 2014."
View Quote

Yeah, everybody wants to see Ukraine take back *THEIR* territory, and they have proven their willingness to fight and bleed and die if necessary. The world leaders have agreed to help Ukraine and what they are actually doing is giving them just enough weapons that they don't get quickly overran, and no more than that. I suspect there are still world leaders and businessmen who see advantages of a protracted war between ukraine and russia instead of Ukraine pushing russia out, and their decisions are being effected accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
You’re going to have different groups wanting different things. The oil men and arms makers see money to be made. The developing world, manufacturers and consumers want the war to end. A lot more people want an end to it than would benefit from it dragging out.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:32:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glklvr] [#15]
Originally Posted By elcope:

Scratch another Oreonacho.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
You’re going to have different groups wanting different things. The oil men and arms makers see money to be made. The developing world, manufacturers and consumers want the war to end. A lot more people want an end to it than would benefit from it dragging out.
View Quote

Ok, valid points.
Ukraine needs offensive weapons. They need them right freakin now, seriously right now. And they need lots of them. When cannons start slugging it out, lots and lots of cannons are going to be destroyed very quickly. The things that need to happen, are not happening. Perhaps what you said about different groups is effectively slowing down the process.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Ok, valid points.
Ukraine needs offensive weapons. They need them right freakin now, seriously right now. And they need lots of them. When cannons start slugging it out, lots and lots of cannons are going to be destroyed very quickly. The things that need to happen, are not happening. Perhaps what you said about different groups is effectively slowing down the process.
View All Quotes

Ok, valid points.

I think the biggest issue is that the west doesn’t want a Ukrainian military strong enough to invade Russia, which would probably cause an escalation towards nuclear weapons. I have an easy solution for that, put US troops west of Ukraine and tell them to stop at their borders and bring the loaners back or else. In the meantime I would be supplying them with an ABCT MTOE at a time and training them in Poland to work as brigades.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:47:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Good narrative of the initial fight for Kharkiv. In it is a good clue about Russian loss of situational awareness regarding Ukraine. The response to Russian invasion was sabotaged, people KNEW it and prepared on their own.

Fight for school. How elite special forces were destroyed in Kharkiv

A photo of a graduate in a red dress against the background of a ruined school in Kharkiv swirled on social networks and hit the pages of the world media. However, many mistakenly believed that the building was destroyed by Russian artillery. Even Kharkiv residents, whose children attended this 134th school, during a conversation with hromadske could not remember exactly what happened on February 27.

In fact, the events at the school that day were a disgrace to Russia's elite special forces, who camped at the school. During the long battle, scouts and paratroopers of the occupying army were destroyed, and this became one of the key battles in the defense of the city. After that, the Russian army did not enter Kharkiv.

According to one of the participants, Dmytro Oliynyk from Kharkiv, he tells about that fight at the hromadske school. It was his first combat experience, during which he was wounded and nearly lost his leg.

“I had been preparing for a large-scale war for 1.5 years. The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged, so we prepared separately. We agreed with the police department to provide us with a base for training, and with the National Guard to provide a range for mastering shooting skills. We went out every month, trained, because we knew something would happen.

With the beginning of the battles for Kharkiv, the Kharkiv Region Defense Headquarters was established, which included 30 organizations. The Azovs, led by Kostya Nemichev , also formed the Kraken unit: first it was part of the terrorist defense, and later as a separate special unit. And I joined them. For me, this was my first combat experience, because I am not in the military.

When on the night of February 24 x *** o (Putin - ed.) Told about the decommunization of Ukraine - I immediately gathered all my things. When the shelling started, we had already gathered with the guys and were waiting for a "tool" for protection. On the same day, we moved to Pivnichna Saltivka (Kharkiv district, located in the north of the city - ed.) .

On the morning of the 24th, after the shelling, the movement of Russian infantry to Kharkiv began. They attacked from the side of the Circuns (a village in the Kharkiv region - ed.) And reached the ring road. There they were met by the 92nd separate mechanized brigade and volunteers. The Russians almost entered the city, but were repulsed there. Then they were pushed further to the Circus.

And on the 27th a group of Russians in ten "Tigers" (armored car - ed.) And several KAMAZs broke into the city. Residents of Kharkiv have been posting videos of Russians on social media since the morning.

They broke through from Oleksiyivka (a residential area in the northern part of Kharkiv - ed.) And from the Forest Park. In the city, the column split, and five "Tigers" (the video shows four cars of the occupiers - ed.) Drove down Shevchenko Street. They were stopped there.
View Quote

“I had been preparing for a large-scale war for 1.5 years. The preparation of the defense in the city was sabotaged, so we prepared separately. We agreed with the police department to provide us with a base for training, and with the National Guard to provide a range for mastering shooting skills. We went out every month, trained, because we knew something would happen.

What was going on in the world 1.5 or so years ago? Hmmmm. Oh. That’s right. That’s right around the time FJB was illegitimately installed as POTUS
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#19]

I think the biggest issue is that the west doesn’t want a Ukrainian military strong enough to invade Russia, which would probably cause an escalation towards nuclear weapons. I have an easy solution for that, put US troops west of Ukraine and tell them to stop at their borders and bring the loaners back or else. In the meantime I would be supplying them with an ABCT MTOE at a time and training them in Poland to work as brigades.
View Quote

I agree. I think it's a good plan. I honestly can't imagine why people are worried that the dinky little country of Ukraine is going to go into the borders of russia where russia can make proper use of their rail system to supply a massive amount of weapons. If nothing else it would be suicide for lots of reasons, but Ukraine would do nothing but lose.  I see no motivation in the first place.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 2:55:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Also now is the time to transition Eastern Europe to western rail gauges.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#22]

I agree. I think it's a good plan. I honestly can't imagine why people are worried that the dinky little country of Ukraine is going to go into the borders of russia where russia can make proper use of their rail system to supply a massive amount of weapons. If nothing else it would be suicide for lots of reasons, but Ukraine would do nothing but lose.  I see no motivation in the first place.
View Quote

I think not so much invasion, but using longer range weapons to hit at infrastructure inside of Russia might be a pretty big temptation.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:14:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NY12ga] [#24]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

That is a FANTASTIC Tweet with lots of information. Make sure to read some of the linked sources - this one in particular is super fascinating: https://www.bruegel.org/2022/03/the-decoupling-of-russia-high-tech-goods-and-components/

View Quote

Highly skilled Russians are already leaving, reinforcing the effect of the sanctions.
And how many of them will be spying and sending info or tech from the places the wind up back to mother Russia?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Also now is the time to transition Eastern Europe to western rail gauges.
View Quote

This!  It would make shipping grain through Poland and Western European ports a hell of a lot easier, and would cripple Russian logistics more than they are at present,
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#27]
"The British FV103 Spartan armored personnel carrier, which was reported several months ago, was first seen in the service of the Ukrainian military."

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#28]
"Former Russian FSB Officer now fights for Ukraine"
View Quote

Former Russian FSB Officer Now Fights For Ukraine
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
"The British FV103 Spartan armored personnel carrier, which was reported several months ago, was first seen in the service of the Ukrainian military."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_09-09-22_jpg-2420364.JPG

View Quote

Picture is reversed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]
A bit of Crimea chatter today...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_05-36-46_jpg-2420193.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_06-49-36_jpg-2420194.JPG

"France wants to see Ukraine take back Crimea, says French diplomatic source   CNN (https://edition.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-16-22) citing the french sources

France wishes to see Ukraine take back control of Crimea as part of a military victory against Russia, according to a French diplomatic source.

The remarks came as French, German and Italian leaders visit Kyiv. The source was speaking to pool journalists traveling with the French delegation on Thursday.

"We are for an integral victory with restoration of territorial integrity on all territories conquered by the Russians, including Crimea," the French official said, referring to the Black Sea peninsula that Russia forcibly annexed from Ukraine in 2014."
View Quote

Something has changed in the past 48-72 hours....
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Higher resolution video of the helicopter shootdown.

View Quote
You can see the missile come in from behind, left of screen. Shot it right in the ass.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Picture is reversed.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-06-16_09-09-22_jpg-2420364.JPG

Picture is reversed.

Looks like a selfie...
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 3:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#34]
Longer video of Russian helicopter gunship shootdown, the first gunship pops flares and you can see the smoke trail of the manpad that misses close by.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vdud9f/longer_version_of_the_russian_helicopter_shot/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#35]
First photos of captured Americans have surfaced on Russian telegram channels. Hope they come home soon.

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/14624
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

It's meme-worthy and worth just a chuckle or two, but you know what?

I wish our governments had the BALLS to do something that silly and creative. Russia sits back and says "uh, so we're gonna hold totally free and fair referendums in these places we invaded, it's totally legit!"

Guys like Peskov say totally insane nonsense, and guys like Lavrov literally threaten nuclear war just because it's Tuesday, with zero apparent consequence. They just keep spouting this bullshit and we sit back and let them.

We should find a couple of "fig leaf" things like firing from small patches of international waters in the Baltic or where ever, and get the Poles in on the joke to, "granting permission for overflights" instantaneously, and then absolutely do that, "gifting" the weapons to Ukraine in-flight.

We should employ every fucked up and stupid subterfuge we want to do whatever we want, because that's what the Russians do.

Another fun one would be for all of the Russian yachts we seize, should suddenly be found "drifting without power or control at risk of creating a hazards to navigation" and then sink them as targets, with shitloads of video footage from various angles.

AND while you do that, invite foreign reps from NATO MoDs and their Navies to watch, and then explain it was a pure coincidence that they were present when we were forced to use our latest ASMs and other weapons to remove these "hazards to navigation".

Luxury Villa on Lake Cuomo? "Mysterious house fires", rinse and repeat with everything of theirs that we can touch.
View Quote

How about pack Putin’s yacht with explosives and remotely pilot it to blow up the Crimean Bridge. Fly the Russian flag and put a mannequin of Putin on deck sun bathing.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By batjka104:
First photos of captured Americans have surfaced on Russian telegram channels. Hope they come home soon.

https://t.me/NeoficialniyBeZsonoV/14624
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#38]
United Kingdom's MOD update for 6/16. No map again.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:23:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#39]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

Something has changed in the past 48-72 hours....
View Quote

There was a video ~two days ago of Zelensky saying they would not stop until everything was regained - Crimea included. I saw a bunch of heckling of it on a Russian board - claiming he was on coke, etc.  There's talk going on in the social media about Crimea as a firm goal now *I think.*  I can't fathom Ukrainian or Russian so relying on some machine translations and second-hand talk. I'll try to find it again, I saw it yesterday morning.

ETA: just found this from RT, in English. Russians are having a fit right now.

https://www.rt.com/russia/557110-zelensky-donetsk-crimea-donbass/
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:43:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apr67] [#41]
Originally Posted By NY12ga:

Highly skilled Russians are already leaving, reinforcing the effect of the sanctions.
And how many of them will be spying and sending info or tech from the places the wind up back to mother Russia?
View Quote

99.9% of these people are not diehards looking to get back to the USSR's former "greatness".
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Longer video of Russian helicopter gunship shootdown, the first gunship pops flares and you can see the smoke trail of the manpad that misses close by.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/vdud9f/longer_version_of_the_russian_helicopter_shot/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

You can see the impact of the first manpad in the field.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Pretty spectacular auger into the dirt. Do you think they made it?
View Quote

I think their corpses made it all the way to the scene of the crash.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I was worried that the German, French and Italian leaders meeting with Zelensky in Kyiv was going to end up being a bad thing. My fear was they went there to talk Zelensky into some sort of peace deal. Now we're hearing France wants Ukraine to retake Crimea! Something has definitely changed. I now feel like we are about to see Ukraine getting much greater support and far more heavy weapons.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:14:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Bulgaria, Poland, Czech Republic, and I think Romania still make 152 and 122mm rounds
View Quote
They need to ramp up production BIG time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Is that white mexican restaurant cheese?
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Bet he watches NASCAR
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
Look at his expression. Macron was expecting the luv upon arrival https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/459941/C65526AD-C260-4F2E-AD5E-709CFB0AA6D3_jpe-2420230.JPG
View Quote

Heh. His face glows like the sun whenever he meets Duda….guess we know what he thinks of Macron.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

It’s worth opening a twitter account just to follow that guy wrt Russia social/political analysis.

And from Ukrinform, two T-90s burning bright.  No strike footage, but the cook-offs and brew-ups are quite impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7la9IuXLh8A
View Quote

Impressive. But zero info they are T-90s much less Russian tanks. I can tell, at least for the second, that it is a tank.

Maybe they were Armadas.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2105 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top