Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2241 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

WW3 is already up to Russia and written policy has nothing to do with it.  Putin and his clique are lawless just as the Soviets were lawless.  If they believe an action will help them survive and conquer then it will be deemed lawful.  In this case bolloxing an illegal and unjust war of aggression badly enough has put the Russian state in jeopardy;  ergo they can kill everyone.
FUCK THEM.
View Quote

Yeah, their "doctrine" is pretty much doing anything to resist against their loot, murder, rape activities.
"We attack you but if you resist, that's provocation and we may nuke you" #russianorcassholes
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It seems to resemble those plastic green parrot mines the russians use. It's plastic with 2 chemicals separated. When the mine is stepped on the chemicals mix and explode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By anonimovaca:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avk0qCVa7Ec

“Mine petals”. Are these targeting Russians or Ukrainians?

https://youtube.com/shorts/CJTstT1sUFA?feature=share

It seems to resemble those plastic green parrot mines the russians use. It's plastic with 2 chemicals separated. When the mine is stepped on the chemicals mix and explode.

Friend lost an arm to one in Kharkiv area, they are nasty buggers. Many dud too as they are rubber, filled with explosive and have varying fuses. They are green and in grass or woods ver very hard to spot. In his case mine was on tree limb and fell when he grabbed sapling to pull himself up out of stream bed. Kaboom, elbow intact at least. He will continue the fight with one arms as a driver assistant in logistics or as Mil police. He won’t give up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Why are giant steel ammo links falling right onto the gunners head? Is there a chute or basket missing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

Why are giant steel ammo links falling right onto the gunners head? Is there a chute or basket missing?

They have to save everything reusable. Those links are expensive and not exactly available from tochmash anymore.
Things like that are hoarded by design. No mags getting tossed, no links getting left, no dead guys kit gets lost. That’s why us giving the $$$$ is actually good investment. They can’t waste money. I think a bag normally catches it but it’s frustrating and can potentially be in way or jam so basket on floor is easier solution.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By R0N:

they have taken to calling every MRL, MLRS so it could be GMLRS from a MLRS or HIMARS or rocket, guided or unguided, from the various MRLs they have
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Originally Posted By Prime:
UA footage of MLRS impacts from a rooftop.

Waste of MLRS. Not much value in the empty field.. I thought MLRS was more accurate than that. Well at least the US version.

they have taken to calling every MRL, MLRS so it could be GMLRS from a MLRS or HIMARS or rocket, guided or unguided, from the various MRLs they have

Probably not HIMARS at all.

My guess would be Russian-made Smerch or Grad rockets.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I could not help participating.

Just some info for others interested, look at this SAR system from Thales, the photos in the pdf are all you need to get ideas on what these systems can do.

https://www.thalesdsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/I-Master-GMTI-SAR-Radar-092015.pdf
View Quote

What can these ground surveillance radar things be used for? Like tracking a vehicle? Or people on foot?

Please explain but pretend I was enducated in the penal system.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

AND, I bet only 1% are actual paid Russian/Chinese bots spreading propaganda. The rest are the victims of the propaganda.
View Quote

More like 40% fixed for you
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By stgdz:

While we all want Crimea to return to Ukraine.  The place is MASSIVE and would be urban warfare hell.  It would be best to take it last and work on the eastern donbass.

Himars could just do range strikes on most military locations and they will likely have atacms by then

And probably f-15/16's.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
With activity like that, I expect to update this thread one morning and see the headline "UA retook Crimea"

While we all want Crimea to return to Ukraine.  The place is MASSIVE and would be urban warfare hell.  It would be best to take it last and work on the eastern donbass.

Himars could just do range strikes on most military locations and they will likely have atacms by then

And probably f-15/16's.

Crimea will be easy once they take back Mariupol and Kherson.
Lots of unhappy and very abused Crimean tartars who deserve their land back. I spent a few weeks in 2016 with some of them, they rebuilt their lives on the Azov sea and now lost all of it a second time. They are good people not fundamentalist at all. Got stinking drunk with some type of tribe leader and he offered to marry me his very haught daughter. I asked if custom allows for more than one wife? Unfortunately my wife wouldn’t have been happy I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

Yeah it also a reply to Wagner losing 75 guys in a Himars attack.
View Quote

They must be feeling the pressure. I hope the UA keeps it up and in fact tasks some batteries to service Wagner assholes exclusively.

It may get harder for Wagner dudes to surrender in the future...How hard is it to distinguish Wagner from regular RU? Reminds me of looking for Republican Guard assholes in Kuwait.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Any time you hear that, it's time to investigate further.
View All Quotes
"Russian food aid convoy"

Any time you hear that, it's time to investigate further.

The shells have nice flat sides tovarich. We use them to roll dough to make biscuits. The RDX and gunpowder are used to heat the stove rapidly and they come out a delicate brown. Served with a bit of stolen dog haunch. Traditional Russian meal. Follow Yuri for more "cooking tips."
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:54:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#10]

What can these ground surveillance radar things be used for? Like tracking a vehicle? Or people on foot?

View All Quotes

Just some info for others interested, look at this SAR system from Thales, the photos in the pdf are all you need to get ideas on what these systems can do.

https://www.thalesdsi.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/I-Master-GMTI-SAR-Radar-092015.pdf

Your correct on both counts, tracking vehicles and patrols on foot are two examples.    You can go over an area and scan it day after day and find where the enemy's supply routes are, what buildings they keep putting all their ammo and equipment in.   You can see vehicle tracks in fields you can't see with the naked eye and thermal systems so you can see where the enemy positions are hiding since it cuts through their camouflage.

Add a feature where the moving vehicles are automatically classified, so you know when it's picking up tanks and IFV's moving, or supply trucks versus standard vehicle traffic over a city wide area and you can find interesting things that you might want to look closer at.

Here's another example, it's an Israeli SAR pod for the F-16, and interestingly the Mig-29 but shows what it's capable of.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:55:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#11]
Would like to see some HIMARS strikes in Belarus now with those missile launches. Is there any reasoning to NOT do that? Like if they hit them Belarus leadership could send their puny military in as an act of self defense rather than expend more political capital doing unprovoked? (It's all Bs anyway since they're launching missiles  but it'd be so like them to blame Ukraine for retaliating

A few Himars to Belorussia could be a huge tactical and strategic win, huge amounts of aviation, fuel, missiles, repair facilities, and gear right over the border. Ukraine could end the belo problem with 6-12 gimars at key locations. Minimal civi loss. It's just off the Biden playbook and Russia knows it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:
93rd Mechanized Brigade destroyed three Russian tanks in the vicinity of Izium.

93rd mechanized seems to be one of Ukraine's better units, based on footage I've seen. I believe they were also one of the units that took part in the defense of Donetsk airport a few years back, too.
View Quote

They have good media and are good, but their are at least 6-8 brigades in their tier. Another 4 or so arguably batter
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#13]

I’m in your boat Capta, but my friend says Belorussia just completed two new roads onto Ukraine border, tank capable river crossings, fill materials all that. He said 10k are staged in one area right now so he is concerned. They can’t hit them proactively and watching them build up everyday is concerning.
View Quote

Maybe a pre-emptive strike is in order. A fucking invasion came from those assholes territory. Look what the Brits did in WWII when a French fleet was about to be surrendered to Germany. They sank the French fleet killing thousands of French sailors! They were allied with France!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
I have a feeling those 750,000 to 1,000.000 Ukrainian soldiers will show up fully armed when and where the Russians least expect it.   Pretty sure NATO and the US can come up with a million rifles, ammo and gear if given a few weeks---which they've had.  

Time will tell...
View Quote

The numbers of men are right but we have not given enough small arms, lmgs, DNR rifles, or other gear to kit and train these guys. Yes their are a million willing souls, about 1/2 of the deployed guys can thank family, friends, and the network of volunteer organizations like ours for kit USINUA.org.

We’ve fielded at least a 100 guys with top notch gear. I’m 5k in the negative as we speak.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Those are really looking slick!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
One of two guns going to UA soon.
More pics to follow.  Not my paint job but a coproject, the Ukrainian diaspora is large and responsible for 60% of the gear getting over there.

I'll do a spec sheet once they are done.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/202ED4BE-8AD2-4451-9CE1-F3E16412E972_jpe-2469625.JPG
Nice!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/12174E1A-5865-49E9-B775-74738742AC30_jpe-2471258.JPG
Almost done on the receiver tales, optics mounts getting sprayed this week.

One Is  “Bucha” for friends callsign

Second is “Arey” sword of Kiev ska rus founder

I suggested “Orchrist” the orc cleaver but that was voted down for those

Those are really looking slick!

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#16]

The numbers of men are right but we have not given enough small arms, lmgs, DNR rifles, or other gear to kit and train these guys. Yes their are a million willing souls, about 1/2 of the deployed guys can thank family, friends, and the network of volunteer organizations like ours for kit USINUA.org.

We’ve fielded at least a 100 guys with top notch gear. I’m 5k in the negative as we speak.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Billy_Ringo:
I have a feeling those 750,000 to 1,000.000 Ukrainian soldiers will show up fully armed when and where the Russians least expect it.   Pretty sure NATO and the US can come up with a million rifles, ammo and gear if given a few weeks---which they've had.  

Time will tell...

Fixed it for you.

http://www.usinua.org/
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:05:44 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I dont know. Many members here with older accounts and lots off EE scores are posting idiotic anti-Ukraine BS. The usual "I hate them both, let them kill each other" bullshit. I wish they were all Russian/CCP bots but I think most are just idiots. They have been so jaded by MSM/dnc lies that they lost all sense of critical thinking and are instinctively against ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the democrats support. Basically they are victims of russian/CCP/dnc psych-ops.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

^THIS.

I'm old enough to remember when the Iron Curtain came down.

There was an excitement about the prospect of Russia embracing capitalism and integrating into Western society.

This move by Putin has pulled the curtain back and there is NO way the West will ever view Russia as anything other than a backwards, drunken, uneducated country that was fortunate enough to be blessed with great natural resources.

Ever shaved with a razor made in Russia?

Drive a Russian made car?

Use a computer made in Russia?

If the West can wean themselves off of Putin's energy tit, there will never be another reason to deal with these people again.
View Quote

Just to add to your list...

Have you ever driven a Russian nail? (Russian nails dropped my jaw)
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Track guys going to hidden bunkers or root cellars. Common tactic is to enter house through door then navigate through walls into a root cellar that is hidden or looks separate. Arty hit house but guys hide 30’ underground 100’ away. This could detect actual sleeping locations, or night movements, changes in micro topo, like paths. Modern remote sensing, LiDAR, wavelength detectors, are absurdly powerful.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:14:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Your correct on both counts, tracking vehicles and patrols on foot are two examples.    You can go over an area and scan it day after day and find where the enemy's supply routes are, what buildings they keep putting all their ammo and equipment in.   You can see vehicle tracks in fields you can't see with the naked eye and thermal systems so you can see where the enemy positions are hiding since it cuts through their camouflage.

Add a feature where the moving vehicles are automatically classified, so you know when it's picking up tanks and IFV's moving, or supply trucks versus standard vehicle traffic over a city wide area and you can find interesting things that you might want to look closer at.

Here's another example, it's an Israeli SAR pod for the F-16, and interestingly the Mig-29 but shows what it's capable of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWBvvAasD4

View Quote

Very interesting. Thank you.
This would seem especially useful in this conflict where lots of enemy hiding among regular urban infrastructure.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Maybe a pre-emptive strike is in order. A fucking invasion came from those assholes territory. Look what the Brits did in WWII when a French fleet was about to be surrendered to Germany. They sank the French fleet killing thousands of French sailors! They were allied with France!!!
View All Quotes

I’m in your boat Capta, but my friend says Belorussia just completed two new roads onto Ukraine border, tank capable river crossings, fill materials all that. He said 10k are staged in one area right now so he is concerned. They can’t hit them proactively and watching them build up everyday is concerning.

They want to but DC (Germany France I assume) says no. They have to fight this war with one arm tied behind back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Fixed it for you.

http://www.usinua.org/
View Quote

Thank you

http://www.usinua.org/current-projects.html

Thanks, I’m a tard on info war space and we need a new website (it’s 2014 free bee)

We’ve given about 200k in gear at this point ( conservative estimate) at least now we tag all our stuff with a sticker and contact for end users.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:26:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#24]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The guys need this stuff more than guns but guns are nice too.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Waste of MLRS. Not much value in the empty field.. I thought MLRS was more accurate than that. Well at least the US version.

Somebody should tweet those were HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP guided rocket systems, and see if those acronyms show up on that orc talk show that Speak the Truth runs clips of.  That would be hilarious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#26]

This would seem especially useful in this conflict where lots of enemy hiding among regular urban infrastructure.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWBvvAasD4

Glad to assist, and again your correct, it's seriously overpowered and helpful as gentlemanfarmer alluded to.  Now combine those features of SAR with other drones and aircraft and satellites using Thermal and optical sensors, and ELINT stuff sniffing out any radar or electronic emissions, and it's insane the information you can get to narrow down your targets.

The single expensive US drone on the flight tracker that's flying over 50,000 feet just outside Ukraine's borders has a SAR on it, and you can see it doing patterns with the sensor looking to the sides, it's getting the entire Russian order of battle in a few hours, and that's just one US recon aircraft, just imagine the possibilities of the entire system working and communicating with each other.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:40:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#28]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
Khearson, July 27th, video of the partisan IED attack on Russian forces, or collaborators, a car is targeted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/wcop5v/ukrainian_partisan_ied_attack_on_a_car_with/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:43:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#30]
One last
Me and the bros saying “Good Morning Vietnam”

Ukrainian Orc wake-up
Attachment Attached File

Americans in Ukraine a 503 tax deductible foundation
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:06:43 AM EDT
[#32]

I'm in your boat Capta, but my friend says Belorussia just completed two new roads onto Ukraine border, tank capable river crossings, fill materials all that. He said 10k are staged in one area right now so he is concerned. They can't hit them proactively and watching them build up everyday is concerning.
View Quote
Are they Russians or Belarussian forces?

Hopefully they can be slaughtered quickly if they do get squirrely.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Track guys going to hidden bunkers or root cellars. Common tactic is to enter house through door then navigate through walls into a root cellar that is hidden or looks separate. Arty hit house but guys hide 30’ underground 100’ away. This could detect actual sleeping locations, or night movements, changes in micro topo, like paths. Modern remote sensing, LiDAR, wavelength detectors, are absurdly powerful.
View Quote

I fear these technologies will be used against Americans by Democrats.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

The spots correspond to Laughlin, Lackland, and Randolph AFBs. I see that now after reading your linked article.  Hmm, only ones in the country. Maybe testing navaids in a denied environment?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:

I was thinking maybe it could be about the Chinese owned property in that area, but it’s west of Eagle Pass.
https://foxsanantonio.com/news/yami-investigates/land-bought-by-former-member-of-chinese-army-near-del-rio-base-raises-red-flag-in-dc

The spots correspond to Laughlin, Lackland, and Randolph AFBs. I see that now after reading your linked article.  Hmm, only ones in the country. Maybe testing navaids in a denied environment?

Those bases are in San Antonio. The blobs on the map are southwest of there down along the border. Curious.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 10:59:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#35]
Originally Posted By RSM:

View Quote
The war on terror had spawned so much scary tech. I wouldn't limit the usage by just dems though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Mers el Kabir was Churchills audition for the biggest Lend Lease package yet. He was going to prove how far he was willing to go and what he thought of surrender and collaboration. And it worked.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Now is the time to develop countermeasures.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:56:29 AM EDT
[#38]
28 minutes ago as of this post, just East of Khearson

The Russian's claimed a food aid convoy was hit yesterday, but photos and videos are showing ordinance going off, as well as unexploded ordinance near the vehicles (circled items and crates)

The trucks exploding with secondaries.

aftermath:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY6MFUuXgAET7mF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/drone-attack-at-russia-s-black-sea-fleet-hq-in-sevastopol/

View All Quotes
28 minutes ago as of this post, just East of Khearson

The Russian's claimed a food aid convoy was hit yesterday, but photos and videos are showing ordinance going off, as well as unexploded ordinance near the vehicles (circled items and crates)

The trucks exploding with secondaries.

aftermath:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FY6MFUuXgAET7mF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/drone-attack-at-russia-s-black-sea-fleet-hq-in-sevastopol/

The headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet of the Russian Federation in Sevastopol was attacked with a drone.
The head of the occupation administration of the Ukrainian city Mikhail Razvozhayev reported about this.
According to him, five employees of the fleet headquarters had been injured in the incident, but no casualties reported.

All festive events in honor of the Navy Day in Sevastopol had been canceled.
Razvozhayev released several photos from the scene. However, they show nothing of substance, except for broken window glass.
The Ukrainian party is yet to comment on the attack.

Small side observation. Judging from the side window and dual rear wheels, that van looks like a cash in transit van. Guess they're trying to get their hands on anything armored they can.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

Somebody should tweet those were HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP guided rocket systems, and see if those acronyms show up on that orc talk show that Speak the Truth runs clips of.  That would be hilarious.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:

I don’t think that was himars, looks more like hurricane Uruguayan hits.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#40]

They want to but DC (Germany France I assume) says no. They have to fight this war with one arm tied behind back.
View Quote

Yes. I'm sure. The US's "polite" way of war.
If those troops from Belarus jump, I hope Poland makes a move. Maybe it's time for some "peace keepers" in W. Ukraine...to root out "nazi's" and stuff...
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:

I'm in your boat Capta, but my friend says Belorussia just completed two new roads onto Ukraine border, tank capable river crossings, fill materials all that. He said 10k are staged in one area right now so he is concerned. They can't hit them proactively and watching them build up everyday is concerning.

Mix of different groups, Russian and Wagner led
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Seen it among the “Red Pillers” for at least a year. Some of them honestly think CCP tyranny is a price worth paying so long as the libtards and trannys are “dealt with “
View Quote

For whatever reason there's a chunk of Americans who are easy to manipulate simply by using the words they want to hear. I'm a lot more exposed to people on the right so I see that stuff more(traditional values). I expect when the chinese start using words like "equality" there are a bunch of people on the left who jump on that chinese bandwagon.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Still amazes me how hard the Russians fucked themselves.  I keep coming back to the question of whether Putin is a mole.  We will never know, but it would be interesting to dig into open source info on his early life.
View Quote

I expect if Putin is a mole then hitler was a mole. Russian madmen/dictators are just a hell of a lot more criminal,trashy, and drunk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

If we let Russia use one or even more nukes without retaliation of the same or greater then our nuclear deterrent is over. Useless...
View Quote

I would think one option on the table would be to use actual US and western conventional weapons to immediately destroy all russian military forces outside of their own border including all of their navy in effect saying "Get the fuck back behind the iron curtain and stay there forever or we will destroy you." Prison.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TTTSNB:
recent Russian doctrine on what would result in a nuclear strike:

(doesn't specify tactical or strategic, that must be a decision they make)

1. any ballistic missile attack on Russian territory, or their allies, not necessarily nuclear

2. the use of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons against Russia or its allies

3. any attack on critical government or military sites that would compromise the capability of their nuclear forces

4. any aggression that puts the existence of Russia in jeopardy.

source: https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2021/04/29/russian_nuclear_doctrine_force_expansion_and_nuclear_deterrence_774957.html

note that they said if their "nuclear forces" are compromised, not "strategic nuclear forces". that poses two problems. one, it includes their tactical nuclear weapons on the battlefield. two, practically all of their missile systems and lots of big artillery are dual capable between conventional and nuclear warheads.

a tactical nuke from the Russians would not result in an immediate nuclear response from NATO, according to one analyst who was asked. it is a large threshold, one that NATO takes very seriously. he thinks NATO would respond with a "fairly massive" conventional attack on Russian tactical nuke facilities, making it clear that further provocation would result in all-out war. that is about the same thing as Russia's "escalate to de-escalate" tactic. keep in mind, however, that the Russian doctrine outlined above calls for a nuclear response to any attack on its nuclear forces. WWIII and nuclear doomsday would be up to Russia at that point.

View Quote

"4. any aggression that puts the existence of Russia in jeopardy."   For fucks sake. As usual, they can say that means anything they want it to mean. And that's in addition to the fact that they straight up lie all the time. Everything justifies a nuclear strike if they are not getting what they want.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#46]

If I were Poland, I'd make sure that Belarus was well aware that Poland intends to keep things in Ukraine fair. Station enough units along the Poland Belarusian Border so that they get the picture.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:
Would like to see some HIMARS strikes in Belarus now with those missile launches. Is there any reasoning to NOT do that? Like if they hit them Belarus leadership could send their puny military in as an act of self defense rather than expend more political capital doing unprovoked? (It’s all Bs anyway since they’re launching missiles… but it’d be so like them to blame Ukraine for retaliating)

The Ukrainians need to not do anything that would cause the Belarusian public to support their leadership, which is on the verge of falling already.

As infuriating as these attacks from Belarus must be, they are of little to no military value.
These attacks only happen to let Lukashenko do enough to placate Putin while keeping Belarus out of the war and himself in power.  Ultimately one of two things will happen - there will be a color revolution once Russia is too weak to do anything about it, or Lukashenko will flip sides when Russia is too weak to do anything about it.
Until then Ukraine can accept the minimal damages and deaths that come from these attacks.  The alternative is active involvement from Belarus, which neither Ukraine nor (I suspect) Belarus wants.

If I were Poland, I'd make sure that Belarus was well aware that Poland intends to keep things in Ukraine fair. Station enough units along the Poland Belarusian Border so that they get the picture.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#47]

I dont know. Many members here with older accounts and lots off EE scores are posting idiotic anti-Ukraine BS. The usual "I hate them both, let them kill each other" bullshit. I wish they were all Russian/CCP bots but I think most are just idiots. They have been so jaded by MSM/dnc lies that they lost all sense of critical thinking and are instinctively against ANYTHING and EVERYTHING the democrats support. Basically they are victims of russian/CCP/dnc psych-ops.
View All Quotes

I have noticed that too. I was just accused of being a CNN shill in one of the other GD threads on Ukraine. I agree some here on the site have no idea how bad the propaganda bots have been screwing with they're perspective. Not just in this matter, but in general. Early on I was guilty of that as well, but I at least saw through the bullshit. Now I don't trust anything!
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#49]

The link to the donate page could be clearly displayed every time you post photos like this. Humans are emotional and have short attention spans.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By TTTSNB:
recent Russian doctrine on what would result in a nuclear strike:

(doesn't specify tactical or strategic, that must be a decision they make)

1. any ballistic missile attack on Russian territory, or their allies, not necessarily nuclear

2. the use of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons against Russia or its allies

3. any attack on critical government or military sites that would compromise the capability of their nuclear forces

4. any aggression that puts the existence of Russia in jeopardy.

source: https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2021/04/29/russian_nuclear_doctrine_force_expansion_and_nuclear_deterrence_774957.html

note that they said if their "nuclear forces" are compromised, not "strategic nuclear forces". that poses two problems. one, it includes their tactical nuclear weapons on the battlefield. two, practically all of their missile systems and lots of big artillery are dual capable between conventional and nuclear warheads.

a tactical nuke from the Russians would not result in an immediate nuclear response from NATO, according to one analyst who was asked. it is a large threshold, one that NATO takes very seriously. he thinks NATO would respond with a "fairly massive" conventional attack on Russian tactical nuke facilities, making it clear that further provocation would result in all-out war. that is about the same thing as Russia's "escalate to de-escalate" tactic. keep in mind, however, that the Russian doctrine outlined above calls for a nuclear response to any attack on its nuclear forces. WWIII and nuclear doomsday would be up to Russia at that point.

View Quote

It’s more complex than that. Soviet doctrine on nuke usage is likely still part of Russian Foreign Policy and military doctrine.

1. The Soviets regarded tactical nukes as simply being another conventional weapon.

2. Soviet Foreign Policy had a policy of using nukes to escalate to deescalate. Basically, ramp things tensions up to a Spinal Tap 11 with a nuke to then horrify everyone involved to then seek deescalation.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2241 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top