Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2729 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:13:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Sorry to hear that. I've lost a few friends over this whole mess, received threats from other sources. For what it's worth, thanks for standing up for Ukraine. I don't really have the option to be indifferent since it's our home here. As an American I can leave, but I have others that don't want to, or medically can't tolerate the travel. We keep our heads up and enjoy every moment we can.

I hope some of you guys make it out here after this is all over. It is truly a place worth visiting at least once. The first time I came here I couldn't stop thinking about coming back. Now I pray for the peace to return to everyone here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..

Sorry to hear that. I've lost a few friends over this whole mess, received threats from other sources. For what it's worth, thanks for standing up for Ukraine. I don't really have the option to be indifferent since it's our home here. As an American I can leave, but I have others that don't want to, or medically can't tolerate the travel. We keep our heads up and enjoy every moment we can.

I hope some of you guys make it out here after this is all over. It is truly a place worth visiting at least once. The first time I came here I couldn't stop thinking about coming back. Now I pray for the peace to return to everyone here.

It's in my Heart to stand for what is right, I'm sickened from what Russia has done to Ukraine and its people. And yes my wife and I have already spoke on visiting! It's an absolutely beautiful country. I will never bow down from name calling and threats, and if I lose friends (which I have here). Then so be it. What the USA is doing for Ukraine is right 100 percent, history will show this. It' does suck seeing alot of these guys here be blinded by there hatred for our administration to not be able to see what is right. I never thought someone would be so hateful for having different opinion on a subject. Never used to be this bad here. It's a shame. But you good sir are doing the lords work! And I applaud you! I look forward to the day I'll be able to come there and buy you a beer!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

Keep in mind they changed how Klingons were portrayed in TNG and later…..to reflect the naive belief that the Russians wanted to be our friends and the Cold War was over. TOS Klingons we’re very different.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By panthermark:

USSR/Russia are basically the Zakdorn of Star Trek TNG.

No one ever dared attack them because they had the reputation for being the best strategic thinkers in the galaxy, but Lt. Worf pointed out that since no one ever put it to the test, their reputation was meaningless.

The USSR/Russia match in Star Trek is the Romulan Star Empire.  There are WAY more parallels between them than any other.  

That said, "we" obviously believed Russia was far more competent and capable than they are or have been, for quite some time.  If present-day Russia really were as dangerous to us as the Romulans were to the Federation, we'd be in serious trouble- as much- now as back in the height of Cold War tensions.

In TOS the Klingons were the USSR, the Romulans were the Chinese. Post-Soviet Russia is like the Cardassians….

...which might make the Ukrainians the Bajorans?  

The Klingons care about honor and saving face- like, a LOT; their abilities at espionage are generally limited- that's much more in keeping with them being a Chinese/Japanese amalgamation.  I don't see significant parallels with Klingons and Russia.   Romulan/Chinese...yeah, I can kinda see it.

Keep in mind they changed how Klingons were portrayed in TNG and later…..to reflect the naive belief that the Russians wanted to be our friends and the Cold War was over. TOS Klingons we’re very different.

Okay, fair points.

I am suddenly reminded of Terminator 2, and John Connor's disbelief about Skynet's plan.  "Why attack Russia?  Aren't they our friends now?"

"Oh you sweet summer child."
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Silence:
No offense...

But its the same as it ever was.

Hot topics bring out the knives, always has. The hotter the topic the sharper the knife.

For example, photoshop a face onto an internet meme and the next thing you know a porch is on fire and people are calling places of employment saying there are kiddy pics on computers.
View All Quotes

Its extremley sad what has happened to this place, this forum used to be a tight group of folks who supported each other even if we did not share the same views on things.  Now we get threats, called liberals, called the enemy. etc.. soros supporters, i can go on and on.  Ive been here a long time and i absolutely hate the way it is here now. Ive known alot of the guys here for awhile and shared alot of funny memories and good times... I now have the same guys trash me due to my stance on Ukraine, been called a piece of shit by the same guys, called a democrat, liberal, and I am a staunch Biden voter and shit like that... I just sit here like wtf? what the fuck is going on?? ..
No offense...

Hot topics bring out the knives, always has. The hotter the topic the sharper the knife.

For example, photoshop a face onto an internet meme and the next thing you know a porch is on fire and people are calling places of employment saying there are kiddy pics on computers.

Of course, to an extent it has. But you been here long enough also to see how bad the attacks and bullying have become,  I honestly never imagined that alot here would be so against this subject due to just who is in office, it's disappointing and disgusting
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Your experience has been different than mine. People have lost their minds in the last several years.

View All Quotes

No offense...

Your experience has been different than mine. People have lost their minds in the last several years.

Yep, it's a shame
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Count me in as another conservative who is a staunch supporter of Ukraine’s right to self-defense.  I don’t get the Putin sympathies on the right.  Nor do I understand why people are so quick to brand someone’s support for Ukraine and agreement with providing weapons and resources as some embrace of liberal policies and approval of Biden.  Not everything is black and white.  Not ever act a Democrat or Republican admin takes is right or wrong.  Some things we all should be able to agree upon and preventing Russia from gross land grabs premised on fictions and carried out through human rights violations seems worthwhile all around.  I get that there are complexities to UK’s past and this admin, questions about corruption, etc., but at the end of the day, none of that seems to change the base assessment that supporting UK is both morally sound and sensible from a geopolitical standpoint.  

Anyway, all of this is to say, I hear your frustration.  You are not alone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Yeah I don't venture into the other Ukraine threads anymore. The level of retardation and anger at UA was already beyond the pale but since they started winning it's gotten worse.

Yep I’m even getting hidden threat IMs now. I should link them up with Wagner recruiters (pretty sure there’s a few around here) and let them set the world to right!

If you are receiving threats in IM's, please report them as they are not tolerated.

Count me in as another conservative who is a staunch supporter of Ukraine’s right to self-defense.  I don’t get the Putin sympathies on the right.  Nor do I understand why people are so quick to brand someone’s support for Ukraine and agreement with providing weapons and resources as some embrace of liberal policies and approval of Biden.  Not everything is black and white.  Not ever act a Democrat or Republican admin takes is right or wrong.  Some things we all should be able to agree upon and preventing Russia from gross land grabs premised on fictions and carried out through human rights violations seems worthwhile all around.  I get that there are complexities to UK’s past and this admin, questions about corruption, etc., but at the end of the day, none of that seems to change the base assessment that supporting UK is both morally sound and sensible from a geopolitical standpoint.  

Anyway, all of this is to say, I hear your frustration.  You are not alone.

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that ..sucks it got this bad. But I won't ever change my stance on what is right when it comes to ukraine.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m24shooter] [#6]

View Quote

@gentlemanfarmer
In honor of the orc leg humpers, $100 sent. Go do work and grow sunflowers.
Transaction #4HE57013U3665973Y
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little Ukraine.
discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

View All Quotes

I completely agree.  And I don't think it's ever going to change "back".  I joined this site 10 years ago, and I lurked on and off for a few years before that.  

When I joined this site I would have described it as a site about ARs, the 2A and firearms in general with a strongly conservative political slant.  Now I think site is more about far right conspiracy theories and anger at everything than it is about the 2A or guns.  

The world has fundamentally changed in the past 5 years or so, and this has broken a lot of the people who are on this site.  People who would have told you they were tough, indepenent resilient people weren't.  They were fragile.  And they broke.  

Threads about this conflict, about a major land war in Europe, are a great example of how completely broken so many people are now.  They cannot view anything with a critical lens.  Everything that happens is viewed based on their extreme political tribalism.  

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little Ukraine.
discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

I'm glad there is more like me who feel the same way, and see how far this place has gone down the crapper.  You nailed it on the head that the last 5 or so years this place got wrapped up in so many conspiracy and lies and propaganda, the enemy did a hell of a job and a majority of conservatives to divide us this bad  

But hey glad you see it to. beer is on me if we ever meet
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:23:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Militant-level contrarianism is right.  If later today Joe Biden gave a speech where he said the two things every American male should love are shooting AR-15s and getting blowjobs, we'd see a bunch of threads about how AR-15s and blowjobs were liberal conspiracies designed by the globalists.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Threads like this one, and a few tech forums, are what keep me coming back.  But I've made the decision to start spending more of my time on other forums.  They are smaller forums, with very little "general discussion".  But all of the threads are about topics that interest me.  A new post won't get 10 ore more responses in an hour.  It may not get 10 responses ever.  The responses will be useful, on topic and meaningful.

Tribalism and militant-level contrarianism. Critical thinking is dead.

Militant-level contrarianism is right.  If later today Joe Biden gave a speech where he said the two things every American male should love are shooting AR-15s and getting blowjobs, we'd see a bunch of threads about how AR-15s and blowjobs were liberal conspiracies designed by the globalists.

Lmao! I spit my coffee out!
But it's so true! And sad at the same time
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:28:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#9]
Entire thing  https://wartranslated.com/day-224-october-5-summary-of-arestovych-and-feygin-daily-broadcast/

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

That was a good one.

Everyone cut their AR's up and toss them down their driveways in solidarity!

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#11]
@Prime

I'm too lazy to completely translate the Telegram post but the general idea is someone Ruslan Padadur who was in charge of modifying drones and other technical stuff got sent to front lines by his intellectually inferior to him commanders and subsequently got killed. RIP, we'll take revenge on the enemy, etc.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Press 1 if you are surrendering in an aircraft
Press 2 if you are in an ADA asset of some type
Press 3 if you are in an armored vehicle
Press 4 if you are infantry with a crew served weapon
Press 5 if you are in logistics
press 6 if you are infantry without any supplies

if you are at an ammo depot, please hold while we fix your position...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Is that real? Wow. Where?
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#14]

@Prime

Just the underlined in Magenta ? I will try to get to it today, but I will have students
entering my classroom in about 3 minutes.... I will be busy all day & this evening,
so I don't know if I can get to it....

If it's just the Magenta, here is a quickie.....

Mbi = We
etot (backwards "e") = variants of it, this, that, these, those
etoi Ho4bIO = midnight until dawn
i3 (backwards & upside down "N" = from or out of
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#15]
When you're the Russian Map Maker...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
@Prime

I'm too lazy to completely translate the Telegram post but the general idea is someone Ruslan Padadur who was in charge of modifying drones and other technical stuff got sent to front lines by his intellectually inferior to him commanders and subsequently got killed. RIP, we'll take revenge on the enemy, etc.
View Quote

Cpacebo Casha !   I wanted to add that in too, but was pressed for time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#17]
It will be a cherry on top if we can get a Russian fighter jet to defect to the West.. an Su-35 or Su-57 would be nice to inspect.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

I know I'm 87 pages behind but I'm fucking dying at them calling the Russian flag "Aquafresh."
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#19]

View Quote

Since there's a lull in the action as UA consolidates, I'd like to bring something up about this.

Our 2A activism forum is in a sad state of disrepair and lacks satisfactory visibility. (I'd argue that it deserves its own main menu item.) The site is always talking about bringing new shooters into the fold but is doing little to channel them (or old shooters) into activism. I posted 10 months ago in the suggestion forum and GB acknowledged it but not a thing has been done. It's a crucial time for us and we're not harnessing potential support. So I'm bringing it up here, in case anyone wants to post in that thread or create a new one to encourage some action on that front. It wouldn't be a bad time for the site to promote something we can all agree on.

Here's the suggestion thread  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Revive-the-Pro-2nd-Activism-Forum/2-2510097/

Here's the 2A Activism forum (that no one knows about )
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Pro-2nd-Activism/156/

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:05:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:

Never had them with cabbage or in noodle form. That’s another variation. My wife has had that version. The classic Ukrainian ones that I’ve always had looks like this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsmldcGXoAEjG0Q.jpg

Basically a long piece of raw dough that’s cut into small pieces and boiled.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spade:

Halushski is just cabbage and noodles, and not a soup.

There's a Polish white version of borscht that is not really like any other Eastern soup named that though.

Never had them with cabbage or in noodle form. That’s another variation. My wife has had that version. The classic Ukrainian ones that I’ve always had looks like this:

Basically a long piece of raw dough that’s cut into small pieces and boiled.

Halushki in Ukrainian communities from Cleveland to Pittsburgh is thick egg noodles with cooked cabbage, butter and salt.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#21]

It's sad. That is not just ignorance or even stupidity, it's plain meanness or evil. Some may be Russian botts but many are actual Americans.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:07:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
@Prime

View Quote

Awesome, thank you.
I believe he was a blogger also.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Halushki in Ukrainian communities from Cleveland to Pittsburgh is thick egg noodles with cooked cabbage, butter and salt.
View Quote

Im going to have to try that. I make German Spaetzle pretty often and it seems similar
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:08:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

@Prime

Just the underlined in Magenta ? I will try to get to it today, but I will have students
entering my classroom in about 3 minutes.... I will be busy all day & this evening,

Mbi = We
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jebsofnga:

@Prime

Mbi = We

Ruslan Padudar, my brother, friend, comrade, one of the administrators of this channel, the person who led the technical direction, remade quadrocopters, invented reset systems, saved many lives of our guys ....

He died during the shelling this night in our direction ......

I still don't believe it, but I understand that it happened....

Rus, the Kingdom of Heaven is yours .....

Those commanders who send people with such a mindset to the front line are complete idiots, I declare this openly ... Because their mind is clearly not enough to do what this person did.

We will take revenge.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow.

They’re in Luhansk already.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeTe-j2WQAMh7VZ?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

That dude on the far right is like 6'8" and looks like the Predator. He probably captured 100 Russians just by showing up!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Another 2022 account with nothing but anti-Ukraine posts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Another 2022 account with nothing but anti-Ukraine posts.

I've been debating on at least three threads for a week. I'm mostly reposting arguments I made from this thread back when it started.

Same old Kremlin bullshit spread by InfoWars that the other "patriot" "news" sites parrot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Ruslan Padudar, my brother, friend, comrade, one of the administrators of this channel, the person who led the technical direction, remade quadrocopters, invented reset systems, saved many lives of our guys ....

He died during the shelling this night in our direction ......

I still don't believe it, but I understand that it happened....

Rus, the Kingdom of Heaven is yours .....

Those commanders who send people with such a mindset to the front line are complete idiots, I declare this openly ... Because their mind is clearly not enough to do what this person did.

We will take revenge.
View Quote

Excellent, thank you
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:16:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#29]
Posted in GD, but worth sharing here:

Chinese disappointment in Russia's performance in the war increasing, now being called "weak goose"

Originally Posted By jackthom8:

Click To View Spoiler

https://www.whatsonweibo.com/why-russia-is-nicknamed-the-weak-goose-on-chinese-social-media/
View Quote

Taking a way a major Chinese ally from a position where it could help them politically and materially from a misguided adventure in Taiwan is a big win. It also helps that the PRC's help to Russia has largely been non-existent with Russia having to turn to Iran and North Korea for military materials. This is something Pooty will not forget and likely not forgive (not that he can afford to show that in public) going into the future.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:21:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

That dude on the far right is like 6'8" and looks like the Predator. He probably captured 100 Russians just by showing up!
View Quote

While that would be kool, the guy is standing on a winrow or other elevated spot.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Press 1 if you are surrendering in an aircraft
Press 2 if you are in an ADA asset of some type
Press 3 if you are in an armored vehicle
Press 4 if you are infantry with a crew served weapon
Press 5 if you are in logistics
press 6 if you are infantry without any supplies

if you are at an ammo depot, please hold while we fix your position...
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:21:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:23:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#33]
The Americans are here.

Also seen here.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#34]

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered,  but

- what are the munitions in the first photo, which look like long shotgun shells? And

- are those one of the munitions (modified) and dropped by drones in all the videos?

Also:  the munitions in the back are for RPG-7s, but what warhead is that?  (the box they were tossed into corresponds to a different weapon system:  the 9M133 Kornet ATGM system).
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

There's a Polish white version of borscht that is not really like any other Eastern soup named that though.

Never had them with cabbage or in noodle form. That's another variation. My wife has had that version. The classic Ukrainian ones that I've always had looks like this:

Basically a long piece of raw dough that's cut into small pieces and boiled.

Yep, that's the kind I've always had.

I thought it was the Polish version. Is it possibly a regional variant situation, like Western Ukrainian and Polish being partial to that version?

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:25:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Awesome, good find.
Defector BOLOs.

Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#37]

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/CpFnEXW1yXA/hqdefault.jpg

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg
View All Quotes

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.

What you described is not pelmeni. Those are vareniki, another bomb ass dish. Trust me, as a native Ukrainian, I’ve eaten a container ship worth of Pelmeni in my life. Despite being of Russian origin, in 2022, they are as much Ukrainian as they are Russian despite what Wikipedia says. I don’t know a single Ukrainian who hasn’t had them or made them one way but not the other.

Vareniki

https://www.196flavors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/vareniki-4-FP-500x375.jpeg

Hey wait a minute!  The bottom dish is my Polish great grandmothers Pierogies!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:29:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ALostKey] [#38]
The Americans are here.

Also seen here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeKLhXLX0AIajmF?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Disregard. Didn't read.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By K0UA:
I am in an interesting situation on this board. I joined again,( I joined several years ago but was not active) in January 2022. So I had very little familiarity with the entire site before the war started in February. I hung out in the Ham radio sub forum some and still do, but this particular thread has occupied almost all of my time on this site. I have only strayed over to other threads only a little bit, and the other war threads have really shocked and disappointed me. Almost as much as seeing Tucker Carlson turn in to a idiotic Putin lover. I could not believe the Ukraine hatred in so much of the conservative community. Even some relatives were and are on the Russian side. Which astounds me. But I guess I can just be astounded, but it is what it is.
View Quote

Russia (still communist) has worked for over 15 years to infiltrate and steer the conservative movement the same way they controlled the hippy/leftist movements for decades. RT News was introduced as an alternative to US news and they used conspiracy stories to attract the growing patriot wing of conservatives. Alex Jones/InfoWars operation is the leader of the "paytriot ($$$)" talk show news websites and hundreds of them parrot his "news" which is all RT News, Tass, and Sputnik bullshit. He also has very close ties to Russian politicians, intellectuals, and media and they have been assisting his operation since before the Russian invasion of Georgia (which he was on Russia's side of course with "secret triple-verified info").

The purpose is to control the right wing so that pressure is applied to the Republican party to alter foreign policy in favor of Russia.

And the honey pot (to suck conservatives into reading and believing this crap) is by posting 2nd Amendment news, preparedness info, globalist history, alternative medicine info, border wall/immigration articles, fredom/liberty issues, etc. Gullible conservatives figure that if a website puts out the truth on these topics then all the articles about "Putin being a Christian fighting the globalists for all Americans" must be true. And in that theme, Ukrainians are all Nazis working for George Soros to undermine Christian Putin who is fighting the New World Order. Yes, if you didn't know it, MANY conservatives belive this hook, line and sinker. See my many posts where I exposed Tucker Carlson and his Russian advisor. There is no way these people are so adimate about defending Russia unless there is money being funneled to them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:32:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By ALostKey:

Disregard. Didn't read.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALostKey:
The Americans are here.

Also seen here.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeKLhXLX0AIajmF?format=jpg&name=medium

Disregard. Didn't read.

Looks like Alaska
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#41]

Absolutely. Just trying to spread truth in the midst of a lot of bs. I mean dude, my own fil spouts Russian talking points and HE’S Ukrainian lol! I don’t hate him. I just don’t put up with the lies and always counter it with intelligent arguments. On top of that I have family in Russia lol. My uncle lives there. They literally didn’t believe a war was happening back in March until they received a call from family in Ukraine sharing how their kids fled Kiev on the first night of attacks. I have Russian friends. Some are pro-Russia, and others aren’t. I don’t hate any of them. Just the orcs. They’ve just been fed Russian lies all of their lives. In fact when I was a kid I would just say I was Russian because whenever I’d say I was Ukrainian, people would just respond with “isn’t that the same thing as Russian?”

This war, as horrific as it is, has opened the eyes of many to the truth. Yes, there’s a lot of bullshit, but Ukraine is real. Its people and culture are real and unique. They just wanna to raise their families in peace, to prosper, and to be left alone.
View Quote

It's a complicated mess between the mixed nationalities, propaganda, fake news, and ignorance. It may be similar to the American Civil War with members of the same family split.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Vareniki

View All Quotes

Pelmini like that are generally Russian. Ukrainian ones are taco shaped (slightly longer) with cottage cheese raisins, potatoes with onion and garlic and bacon fat, or same from bila mushrooms Boletes edulus traditionally. Those are straight Russian. Ukrainians eat them too but they aren’t Ukrainian. It was a Soviet thing that spread foods like that.

Vareniki

We also call them Pyrohy and sometimes they are a little larger.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#43]

Here's the suggestion thread  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Revive-the-Pro-2nd-Activism-Forum/2-2510097/

Here's the 2A Activism forum (that no one knows about )
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Pro-2nd-Activism/156/

View Quote

<Arfcom has thrown the NRA under the bus because their leader is corrupt. I have reduced my NRA contributions to almost nothing, not because I don't support the NRA, but because I want Wayne gone. This is not a productive way to defend the Bill of Rights. Simply mentioning the NRA or Mr. LaPierre on this site creates a firestorm of controversy that only helps the enemies of freedom.

I support every 2nd Amendment coalition fighting the good fight, but the NRA remains the premier gun rights group in spite of their failings. I've been called all sorts of things for having this view, kneejerk reactions are the norm.

I encourage everyone to support the Pro-Gun organization of their choosing, sending cash, it helps.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#44]

that dude is burned up, He needs to be evaluated.
View Quote

We really need to stop looking to musicians and actors for their fucked up political commentary.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

They taken out a couple already…
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#46]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FeQe_ugWQAA2aXU?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Yes. Old maps are crazy. Now do Hungary...
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
If I understood the Engrish captions correctly only about ~15% of them were issued weapons (all AK's).  He may have been saying that they have to pay bribes to be issued any ammo.  No officers, no training.  They slept in the open for three days and 90% of them are sick.  They have to buy their own food and are getting gouged at that.  Most don't have armor and helmets, and the helmets they were issued "can be bent with a finger", perhaps more Wish.com airsoft crap like the Ukrainians have been capturing.  

"The one with the rifle shoots!  When the one with the rifle is killed, the one five men following him pick up the rifle!"
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
If I understood the Engrish captions correctly only about ~15% of them were issued weapons (all AK's).  He may have been saying that they have to pay bribes to be issued any ammo.  No officers, no training.  They slept in the open for three days and 90% of them are sick.  They have to buy their own food and are getting gouged at that.  Most don't have armor and helmets, and the helmets they were issued "can be bent with a finger", perhaps more Wish.com airsoft crap like the Ukrainians have been capturing.  

"The one with the rifle shoots!  When the one with the rifle is killed, the one five men following him pick up the rifle!"

In a situation like that, you march the soldiers (ones with the rifle leading the way) right into the local police station, and inform the police you’ve been instructed to “help them” (at gunpoint).  Invite the police chief to deputize the soldiers; send them out with the police on patrol to “assist.”  Tell them you want to press criminal charges for unregistered rifles and other violations by the military command. Bring vodka.

Then commandeer the radio station; explain your situation to the people.  Ask them to bring food to the station to feed their soldiers. Who are the people with the Kalashnikovs, anyway?

Problem solved!
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#49]

I thought it was the Polish version. Is it possibly a regional variant situation, like Western Ukrainian and Polish being partial to that version?

View All Quotes

Never had them with cabbage or in noodle form. That's another variation. My wife has had that version. The classic Ukrainian ones that I've always had looks like this:

Basically a long piece of raw dough that's cut into small pieces and boiled.

My family is from western Ukraine but there are some in the Ukrainian community here whose families are from Kyiv and they make it the same way. Of course, Ukraine is like Italy,  there are many different regions/oblasts which have their own way of doing things things and food is one of them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2022 9:41:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Guys we kicked ass, I think we are at about 5k and I’m going to owe some battle swag. Akulas got some stuff, Babas got some stuff, we will pay our debts. To the fucking Russian troll, just stay where you are and don’t snoop around here.

I’ve been on defcom 3 since I got back the first time. My neighbors a ret marine the others a us Marshall, just fucking poke your head round here. It’s country but loaded with game cams and hunting dogs, everyone knows our family and what we do.

Anyway,
Guys let’s keep it going one more night, announcement tomorrow, if someone drops 2k I’ll give up my most cherished Ukraine possession, given to me years back by a hero who we saw in Mauripol video kick ass. He’s dead so please don’t buy it from me. An Azov police badge pre-dark sun removal  (ie before they were forced to remove it) Actually scratch that, not selling it, would be a dishonor. I can and will get guys patches and flags though who threw in the big $$$.

Wife says rock on ar15.com
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/FBC2BB80-E854-44EE-BACB-D73881629B01_jpe-2552224.JPG

Funraiser ends Friday

Just a gift I got but everyone here who helps earns a little badge. Not joking up to 70% of gear supplies etc have come from patriots like you! In every American there’s a little Ukrainanian trying to climb out!!!😀

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/035C92EC-F17B-41B7-97DB-A532BA11CEF1_jpe-2552227.JPG
View Quote

"How much for your rooster" in a John Belushi from Blues Brothers voice.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2729 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top