Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3456 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
When RU finally stacks boxes they still can't stack them correctly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
When RU finally stacks boxes they still can't stack them correctly

Dated 2010 and the crates look like they have been in the weather for some time. A lot of that may be ruined....at least I hope so.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:35:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By theskuh:

I think the Russian's are massing farther back and getting slightly better at avoiding them. At least I hope they would have some mitigation strategies by now. 50 miles isn't all that far of a range to keep your command staff, barracks and munitions depots safe. I think there is a bit of storing up munitions for the spring summer offensives going on right now as well.

I hope to see some major tank breakthroughs and brads going to work in the near future. I think once the Russian lines are breeched all hell is going to break loose for them. The Ukes will drive the Himars right in behind the tanks and exploit the spearhead and tgats where it will look like last summer.
View All Quotes
A few Daisy Cutters a bit behind the RU lines would be interesting

HIMARS should be working the same as they did last summer, break up the RU supply lines, artillery, and positions.

I think the Russian's are massing farther back and getting slightly better at avoiding them. At least I hope they would have some mitigation strategies by now. 50 miles isn't all that far of a range to keep your command staff, barracks and munitions depots safe. I think there is a bit of storing up munitions for the spring summer offensives going on right now as well.

I hope to see some major tank breakthroughs and brads going to work in the near future. I think once the Russian lines are breeched all hell is going to break loose for them. The Ukes will drive the Himars right in behind the tanks and exploit the spearhead and tgats where it will look like last summer.

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:37:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#3]
This laughable nonsense made the rounds of Russian Telegram about a week ago. It is the purported execution of two “traitors” who do exactly what they’re told with no struggle or protest, not even apparent nervousness. It does not show faces or the actual execution. Loud gunshots at the end of the video despite 3 out of 4 “Ukrainians” having suppressors, though that point is arguable.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:45:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#5]
Russia: the governor announced the explosion of a drone near Kaluga. Who owned the aircraft is not specified.
Kaluga is located approximately 200 kilometers from Moscow

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ICxUVmrio
View Quote

I've heard it a lot, not necessarily here, that Ukraine is short on manpower. Stated in the video that Ukraine has 700,000 in uniform now, and 2 million more available if needed.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:35:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe 20 pages back I saw a recent poll in India that the people more supported Russia than USA.

I asked an Indian that I work with why that could be.  She was born in India, but educated and works in US.
She said that since the British gave up India in 1947, the US has not only generally not givien aid, but actively tried to block other countries from giving aid to India.
The Russians have a long history of giving aid and in the UN, blocking USA trying to block aid from other countries.
Looks like we may have chosen poorly, again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jough43:
Maybe 20 pages back I saw a recent poll in India that the people more supported Russia than USA.

I asked an Indian that I work with why that could be.  She was born in India, but educated and works in US.
She said that since the British gave up India in 1947, the US has not only generally not givien aid, but actively tried to block other countries from giving aid to India.
The Russians have a long history of giving aid and in the UN, blocking USA trying to block aid from other countries.
View Quote

Is she here on a H-1B?

That’s a ton of aid we give them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

And just like that Vlad used tactical nukes.

Where's the dude at that thought I was stupid for saying UA would retake crimea in the near future?
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Where's the dude at that thought I was stupid for saying UA would retake crimea in the near future?
View Quote
How near future are you talking. It going to be difficult to take Crimea in the next 6 months in my guess.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
How near future are you talking. It going to be difficult to take Crimea in the next 6 months in my guess.
View Quote
It seems just capturing either Melitopol or Mariupol in the next 6 months would be highest reasonable expectations.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
It seems just capturing either Melitopol or Mariupol in the next 6 months would be highest reasonable expectations.
View Quote
Yes and that will greatly help taking Crimea.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SoCalExile:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoQ-K6ZXwAAMAOc?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoQ-MhZWIAEIskd?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoQ-OahXgAEaOeq?format=jpg
View Quote
neat
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Vlad knows that if he uses 1 tactical nuke it will be the annihilation  of their whole military. NATO will jump in and we will start using our good weapons instead of stuff that's 30 years old.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I've heard it a lot, not necessarily here, that Ukraine is short on manpower. Stated in the video that Ukraine has 700,000 in uniform now, and 2 million more available if needed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ICxUVmrio

This is what I have been hearing as well, there's a large amount of manpower, and a decent portion is getting trained up from what I'm seeing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Yes and that will greatly help taking Crimea.
View Quote

It might help if we stopped dribbling in weapons they need, especially offensive weapons instead of defensive weapons.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#20]

New Russian song.  "Don't fence me in."

Sorry, haven't had coffee yet, but explains their lack of advances in that area.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

It might help if we stopped dribbling in weapons they need, especially offensive weapons instead of defensive weapons.
View Quote
Certainly
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Also on Netflix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wgkzyG71Tg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By shark101au:

We? Zelensky isn't on the front lines. His life has never been at risk.

He survived numerous decapitation attacks early on and numerous Russian hit squads.

He went to Kherson and izium while they were still within Russian artillery and rocket range.

He’s doing a phenomenal job of inspiring and leading people

And really triggering vatniks who can’t stand being thrashed by a guy who did a dance routine dressed up as one of the village people. Lol

Also on Netflix.

They are on YouTube as well, found them a little bit ago but haven’t had time to watch them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

The welfare state wins again. Oligarchs pay tribute in billions, commoners settle for much less.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#24]

They are on YouTube as well, found them a little bit ago but haven’t had time to watch them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By shark101au:

We? Zelensky isn't on the front lines. His life has never been at risk.

He survived numerous decapitation attacks early on and numerous Russian hit squads.

He went to Kherson and izium while they were still within Russian artillery and rocket range.

He’s doing a phenomenal job of inspiring and leading people

And really triggering vatniks who can’t stand being thrashed by a guy who did a dance routine dressed up as one of the village people. Lol

Also on Netflix.

I liked the first season. I'm about half way through season 2. Definitely a good way to get elected.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:49:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#25]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:13:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#31]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoSdY0tWAAA0gCS?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote
I really don't like the idea of Bakhmut getting enveloped...
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:17:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#32]
I really don't like the idea of Bahkmut getting enveloped...
View All Quotes

None of us do, but from what I'm reading, it seems the Ukrainians have a lot of fortifications street by street in the city with pre planned kill zones for Russian forces.  Even the Russian maps are currently showing that they haven't penetrated very deep into the city yet.

Easterner's report above mentioning Ukrainian engineers erecting special fences in difficult terrain south of Bakhmut explains the lack of Russian advances in that area for over a week now.

A current map posted by the pro Russian War Monitor this morning.

These guys might be able to weaken the Russian forces enough to break the offensive.  They need to keep killing Russians for another week or two and the supplies to these Russian forces could fizzle out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#33]

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:24:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#34]

None of us do, but from what I'm reading, it seems the Ukrainians have a lot of fortifications street by street in the city with pre planned kill zones for Russian forces.  Even the Russian maps are currently showing that they haven't penetrated very deep into the city yet.

Easterner's report above mentioning Ukrainian engineers erecting special fences in difficult terrain south of Bakhmut explains the lack of Russian advances in that area for over a week now.

These guys might be able to weaken the Russian forces enough to break the offensive.  They need to keep killing Russians for another week or two and the supplies to these Russian forces could fizzle out.
View All Quotes

I posted some pics a few pages ago looking down at the city. Terrain is the biggest advantage. It sounds like they have positions looking down on the battle lines.  Some would say ..
Attachment Attached File

I can say with 100% certainty there are defense lines from here to there. It isn't going to get any easier. We've had almost a year to prepare in places they haven't been yet. Can't really say more. Trust the plan and pray for more ammo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

They won’t…. unless they lose their minds….because the political fallout of using nukes, especially with no declared war, would be catastrophic. Even the CCP and Modi would have to dump them for that.

Also they know every time they bring up Japan after that we’ll throw in thier face that they nuked fellow Slavs (though many Ukrainians dispute Russians are Slavs at all).

And worse, the Ukrainians probably still won’t surrender and they’ll have to decide if they want to render Ukraine into a wasteland useless for their purposes or not to “win”.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#36]
IMO napalm should be delivered to Ukraine with lots of fuel air munitions. These weapons would seem to be ideal for trench warfare.

If Russia's troop buildup actually arrives, a MOAB or two delivered at 3:00 a.m. would seem apropos.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#37]

I posted some pics a few pages ago looking down at the city. Terrain is the biggest advantage. It sounds like they have positions looking down on the battle lines.  Some would say ..
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/UpWDM7X-732.jpg

I can say with 100% certainty there are defense lines from here to there. It isn't going to get any easier. We've had almost a year to prepare in places they haven't been yet. Can't really say more. Trust the plan and pray for more ammo.
View All Quotes

They just can't let them get surrounded, LOC cut off, and it's Mariupol 2.0 where all the defenders are lost.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#38]
"It's hot, it's hard, but the artillery doesn't retreat." How artillerymen work in the Bakhmut direction

«????? ?????, ?????, ??? ????????? ?? ?????????». ?? ???????? ??????????? ?? ???????????? ????????

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:50:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#39]
View Quote

Unfortunately, the retirement coincided with bringing a new Borei class sub into the fleet in December, which is a better design, albeit still an older one even though the sub is new (Suvorov).  

An An-124, hull -027, “Be Brave Like Kharkiv” stopped by in the area to do some shopping at the Boeing plant up in Everett. ;).

Nice video of it landing.  The ships in the fleet got named last summer after “hero cities” of the 2022 invasion.

(Stock photo, not yesterday). They often make deliveries for Boeing so I don’t know for sure why it was here, to be fully clear. They’re just neat and inspirational.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:54:48 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I agree with you on that, prayers sent as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Unfortunately, the retirement coincided with bringing a new Borei class sub into the fleet in December, which is a better design, albeit still an older one even though the sub is new (Suvorov).  

An An-124, hull -027, “Be Brave Like Kharkiv” stopped by in the area to do some shopping at the Boeing plant up in Everett. ;).

Nice video of it landing.  The ships in the fleet got named last summer after “hero cities” of the 2022 invasion.

(Stock photo, not yesterday). They often make deliveries for Boeing so I don’t know for sure why it was here, to be fully clear. They’re just neat and inspirational.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/DB1040BF-B93A-4DD1-AE63-9D43B57BC40B_jpe-2700526.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/DB1040BF-B93A-4DD1-AE63-9D43B57BC40B_jpe-2700526.JPG

I always appreciate the info, and neat to see the Ukrainian An-124 stop by.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:00:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack67] [#42]

View Quote

It sure is, though, “the end of an era” as you noted.

Other hijinks: Much butt-hurt on Twitter as Elon acknowledges and commiserates about tweet noting the massive losses of UA and NATO forces (?!?):

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#44]

It sure is, though, "then end of an era" as you noted.

Other hijinks: Much butt-hurt on Twitter as Elon acknowledges and commiserates about tweet noting the massive losses of UA and NATO forces (?!?):

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#45]

It sure is, though, “then end of an era” as you noted.

View All Quotes

It sure is, though, “then end of an era” as you noted.

So, the Orcs seem to always claim the the Ukes are taking about the number of casualties the Russians have taken in real life.  Does this actually mean the Russians have lost around 150,000 army troops, about 2,500 from other services and in the ballpark of 25,000 Wagnerites or do I need to reset my Russian Propaganda decoder? [img]/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:13:00 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

lol, so that's what that was all about.

Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Mostly because of what was happening in the 50s and 60s with all of the colonial independence movements and the Orcs supporting these movements.
India asked multiple times for military and economic assistance and the British and US declined it multiple times.
It's just cold war politics and India choosing the USsR because of the free cheese.

Mig 21s, making them stop shitting in the Ghanges River, and lastly lower caste clans trying to achieve equality were things kinda important to Indian nationalism and pride.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#48]

Ukrainian 155mm self-propelled howitzer PzH2000 "Tina", delivered from Germany, of the 43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:28:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#49]

View Quote

sadly i don't believe Ukraine has the command and control capability to coordinate a large assault like that.   perhaps i'm wrong.  but an 'american style' breakthrough using the equivalent of 4 to 6 'full strength' Brigade teams is outside their capability.  and then on top of that the ability to coordinate their effective movements / logistics.  

i was reviewing the numbers of what Ukraine had at the beginning of this war and subtracting out the 'combat losses' from the Oryx site and it doesn't look promising.  granted that's hard because the numbers vary so widely.  i played around with a mock penetration attack of ~50 miles (similar to our thunder Run to Baghdad) to divide the Russian front with a spear point down to Mariupol.  cut off the entire front into two pieces.  i could not find a way to make that happen successfully with no air support, helicopters, ADA etc.

i am very pro-Ukraine in mindset -- but the best at this point i'm thinking is 'localized' wins through attrition largely related to Russia's horrendous tactics.   just grinding casualties.

not trying to be a defeatist.  Ukraine has performed extremely well to blunt the invasion.   but holding that line with heavy casualties while simultaneously amassing the combat power for a major counter-offensive?  with no air support?   its obvious why Zelensky has asked for 300+ M1s and Bradleys.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3456 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top