Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4260 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:17:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#2]
lets not turn this thread into a EU/Hungary freak out fest, please?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jozsi:

... go to your local market and look for it.

two wine products
View Quote

This is a thread about the Russo-Ukrainian war. I'm not interested in trying to drag discussion too far away from that.

You have claimed the one of the reasons your government is blocking EU aid to Ukraine and Swedens entry to NATO is that Hungary does not have full access to European markets.
This is demonstrably untrue. Both in the law itself and with a casual internet search.

The European food market is incredibly competitive. Ireland considers itself a leader in a few specific markets of that. Beef and Dairy primarily.
If Hungary wants to see massive market penetration then you need to target a few specific markets and invest heavily in them.

As far as I can tell Hungary exports more food than it imports.

https://bestfoodimporters.com/blog/food-importers/food-importers-and-food-import-trends-in-hungary-2020/

https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/hungary-agricultural-sectors

Your argument is wrong. Your governments obstructions to EU and NATO business unless everyone in Europe agrees to eat Goulash once a week (I joke) are outrageous.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:38:55 AM EDT
[#4]

But not this one, it's the private Gepard of the Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, King of Jordan.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Spectacular and grim article. (Long, but audio version available)

Two Weeks at the Front in Ukraine
In the trenches in the Donbas, infantrymen face unrelenting horrors, from missiles to grenades to helicopter fire.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2023/05/29/two-weeks-at-the-front-in-ukraine

Soldiers on the front in Ukraine adhere to a maxim that grows more sacrosanct the longer they survive: If you want to live, dig. In mid-March, I arrived at a small Army position in the eastern region of the Donbas, where shock waves and shrapnel had reduced the surrounding trees to splintered canes. Artillery had churned up so much earth that you could no longer distinguish between craters and the natural topography. Eight infantrymen were rebuilding a machine-gun nest that Russian shelling had obliterated the previous week, killing one of their comrades....
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

But not this one, it's the private Gepard of the Abdullah II bin Al-Hussein, King of Jordan.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The king has good taste!

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#7]
All attendees repeat after me:
Falcon…Falcon!
300…300!
Hornet…Hornet!
100…100!
AIM-120…AIM-120!
Shit ton…Shit ton!
Good. Memorize this list of words and use them often in the upcoming discussions. Dismissed.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Hell yeah!  Great video and what a brilliant protest in chambers. Some of these former bloc leaders are far out of step with their population.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:06:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:19:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:26:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#11]
Wow! Look at the mass of bodies!

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Worthy synopsis. Should be repeated weekly.

It would be hard to tell we are the world’s lone superpower by the relatively paltry sends we’ve done compared to our ability and surplus.
View Quote

This simply isn't true. We are, by far, the biggest contributor to Ukraine's defense. That being said, we should do more.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Good to hear official recognition of Russia as the terrorist.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:35:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#14]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

This simply isn't true. We are, by far, the biggest contributor to Ukraine's defense. That being said, we should do more.
View All Quotes

Worthy synopsis. Should be repeated weekly.

It would be hard to tell we are the world’s lone superpower by the relatively paltry sends we’ve done compared to our ability and surplus.

I did say in comparison to our means and surplus.

Have we not 400 Abrams the Marines recently turned in? Thousands of M113? Hundreds of Bradleys? Hundreds or thousands of F-16s?  Yet we are trickling them in. Who knows what other huge quantities we have that are barely tapped. Mine clearing equipment? Strykers?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:46:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#15]
More goodies from the UK!
https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1669262838404202496
Stoopid Elon dude de-boosting Ukraine accounts as “sensitive content.”

Someone was asking earlier why some accounts seem to have several variations. Because Twitter keeps de-boosting them. You are free to talk, it’s your audience that has been cancelled. But Elon is proud it is free speech!
https://twitter.com/albafella1/status/1669264769440677888

I don't start a new account because I think, to be honest, that the new one will be deboosted too, and before I reach 25,000 followers.

Elmo deboosts  ALL pro-Ukrainian accounts, even if they don't post destroyed blyatniks.

Look who Elmo just retweeted:
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:49:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Almost everyone has a black eye?
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:55:07 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

by total amount. perhaps you guys look at it from different metrics.

however if measured by GDP there are other countries giving more of themselves to the cause.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:19:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Now this is some bullshit. Russia trying Azov members as terrorists.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

View Quote

And this is why probably why the Orcs sent those POWs to Hungary.

Because they know that they will just head back into battle again and again and again.

Dedicated bastards they are...the Azovs.....

and that is why Russkiland wants them gone.

they believe in a free and independent Ukraine.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:25:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#21]

When you OD on copium.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By realwar:
The Russian Soldier Who Surrendered to a Ukrainian Drone

Full Story
View Quote

30? He looks 50.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:49:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

This is the kind of crap that I was asking about a couple of pages ago. How can Putin allow this kind of talk? That's seditious and while it does attack Shoigu, it's also much worse than that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Actually a decent interview with Prigozhin. His conclusion: if military command is not changed Russia will undergo civil war or revolution. Current command is out of touch with battlefield needs and ignores requests or advice.

This is the kind of crap that I was asking about a couple of pages ago. How can Putin allow this kind of talk? That's seditious and while it does attack Shoigu, it's also much worse than that.

Yup.  It's hard to make sense out of all that drama.  It has gotten to the point where the main effect is that it just makes Putin look weak.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:13:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:23:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hate_Work] [#25]
Originally Posted By brahm:

by total amount. perhaps you guys look at it from different metrics.

however if measured by GDP there are other countries giving more of themselves to the cause.

View Quote

Unfortunately, the US has many other financial obligations. The overwhelming debt bill and immigration costs all while our government refuses to tap into our natural resources but places financial burdens on its citizens for other foreign pet projects. Yes, the US could do more but won't unless poll numbers dictate it to. After all, the elites need their cut too. Welcome to the new Soviet Union.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:34:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:51:32 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

This makes me happy
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#32]
So what ever happened to gentlemanfarmer.
Haven't seen him post for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:15:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#33]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
After WWII between 300,000 and 1,000,000 German POWs died in Russian captivity. Russia officially released the last POWs in 1956, though some believe others were help into the 1960s.

The US, Britain and France had released almost all German POWs by 1949.

View Quote

The Soviets held German POVs until the collapse in the 1990s. Ethnic Germans from the Baltic states were declared stateless in 1945 and therefore kept in the USSR, many of them in forced labor until the 1970s. There are reports that some made it back to Germany as late as mid 1990s.

And never forget the American POWs from WW2, Korea and Vietnam who disappeared in Sibiria.

Russia is a fucking terror state.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:19:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#34]

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:23:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
So what ever happened to gentlemanfarmer.
Haven't seen him post for awhile.
View Quote

PERSC
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Saw this on Reddit and thought everyone would enjoy it;

Strategic Failure

Zooming out to the biggest of pictures....

I still often hear, via YouTubers, mainstream newsies, etc., that Russia is approaching a strategic failure in the war. As a military officer, I have to object to this, harshly. The strategic failure has already happened, and it won't be turned around for Russia and, to a certain extent, China.

There are three levels of warfare that are conceptualized in military thought - the tactical, the operational, and the strategic. The tactical is what we see here on day to day items - usage of drones, results of missile strikes, firefights, hills taken, etc. The tactical situation, from the individual soldier to a larger unit, up to and including brigades, inform the operational level of warfare.

That is likely what many of these misled commentators are talking about, but misusing their language.  The operational level can also be considered what is going on in any particular theater of combat. Really, in this war, there is only one theater (with the possible exception/inclusion of the information battlespace) - the land ok Ukraine (plus Belgorod, Belarus, etc.). That is what we might be approaching to a certain extent now - an operational failure of the Russian war. It wouldn't be the first Russian operational failure (the retreat from Kyiv, Kherson, Kharkiv).

The operational level of warfare similarly informs the strategic level. However, the strategic level can be informed by other inputs (much the same as the operational and tactical levels can be so informed). The strategic level, though, is much better conceptualized as the intrinsic power of a state - military, economic, diplomatic, etc.

This is why I say this war has been an utter strategic failure for Russia, and for China. The West, a cantankerous, moody, and bickering amalgamum of 40+ democracies, is almost fully united now in support of this war. War support here is much more than the mere provision of weaponry and materiel to Ukraine. International training and cooperation has increased. Individual bonds are forming between leads around the world, in the Far East and Europe, that will be priceless in any future international conflict. Two significant countries (and their militaries and strategic positions) have thrown off neutrality and are joining NATO, with a third leaning in that direction while retaining official neutrality. In roads are being made for a swift entrance of Ukraine once war is over.

That is strategic defeat. In an effort to imbalance the West and fracture opponents, Russia has only acted in a matter to strengthen and temper those bonds by forcing the West to united for the common good.

And insofar that Russia can work an operational success out of this, the best they can hope for at this point is the current line of control with a West that knuckles under and "tires" of the war.

Its not going to happen. It's communities like this that will steel the nerves of the West, and the United States in particular. It is the courage, intelligence, and tenacity of the Ukrainian people that foster the spirit of what is possible by all good and free thinking people of the world.

Russia has strategically undermined itself by running into an awakened and energized Ukraine.  It lost this war 12 months ago.

Slava Ukraini. We'll never forget your heroism and sacrifice, and what you have done for all of us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/149rc8q/strategic_failure/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_content=1&utm_term=22
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:36:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#38]
After WWII between 300,000 and 1,000,000 German POWs died in Russian captivity. Russia officially released the last POWs in 1956, though some believe others were help into the 1960s.

View All Quotes

I didn't realize the number was so high but sadly I'm not surprised. Russia is a cancer

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#39]
WSJ article highlighting the demographic implosion within Russia.  

Skilled labor pool to support the industrial base and war effort has dried up.

Russia’s Big Economic Problem: Not Enough Workers
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:44:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#40]

Attachment Attached File

Not sure if this is yesterdays or another today. Good to see them getting knocked out.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

i'm glad Maks made it out. He reminds me of a half Norwegian Forrest cat I had in Berlin. He was huge, and according to the Vet, was two pounds over weight at 26 pounds.

A few years later when I divorced the first wife, the stupid bitch wanted the cat. My buddy set up an "underground railroad" for him, constantly moving him between friends until he reached his temp home that I didn't know but he did. That way I could honestly tell my lawyer I didn't know where the cat was, because I didn't.

One day I came home and heard this plaintive cry and found him stuck behind the refrigerator about three feet off the floor. Judging by the dishevelment on top of the frig, he'd fallen asleep up there and rolled off getting lodged between the frig and the wall. He was always doing stuff like that. God I miss that big fur-ball.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

He’s evil as hell, but smart, ruthless, and strangely honest.   He’s certainly, a lot more realistic and truthful than our home grown, self appointed SMETuckerBots.    He’s probably hoping Nato will kill off all of his enemies, and let him take over Russia, in appreciation for all the hard work he did.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Actually a decent interview with Prigozhin. His conclusion: if military command is not changed Russia will undergo civil war or revolution. Current command is out of touch with battlefield needs and ignores requests or advice.

He’s evil as hell, but smart, ruthless, and strangely honest.   He’s certainly, a lot more realistic and truthful than our home grown, self appointed SMETuckerBots.    He’s probably hoping Nato will kill off all of his enemies, and let him take over Russia, in appreciation for all the hard work he did.

He will either hang at the end of all of this, or carve out his own independent country/republic. I see no middle ground.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:17:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

So about a weeks worth
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:34:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#44]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
View Quote

Whenever this is reported not generally doesn’t match up with the next days MOD Russian loss report. Let’s see if it has “3 anti aircraft” at least tomorrow. I don’t think all UKR units are fully reporting (possibly because of their interpretation of the offensive blackout?).
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Saw this on Reddit and thought everyone would enjoy it;

Strategic Failure

Zooming out to the biggest of pictures....

I still often hear, via YouTubers, mainstream newsies, etc., that Russia is approaching a strategic failure in the war. As a military officer, I have to object to this, harshly. The strategic failure has already happened, and it won't be turned around for Russia and, to a certain extent, China.

There are three levels of warfare that are conceptualized in military thought - the tactical, the operational, and the strategic. The tactical is what we see here on day to day items - usage of drones, results of missile strikes, firefights, hills taken, etc. The tactical situation, from the individual soldier to a larger unit, up to and including brigades, inform the operational level of warfare.

That is likely what many of these misled commentators are talking about, but misusing their language.  The operational level can also be considered what is going on in any particular theater of combat. Really, in this war, there is only one theater (with the possible exception/inclusion of the information battlespace) - the land ok Ukraine (plus Belgorod, Belarus, etc.). That is what we might be approaching to a certain extent now - an operational failure of the Russian war. It wouldn't be the first Russian operational failure (the retreat from Kyiv, Kherson, Kharkiv).

The operational level of warfare similarly informs the strategic level. However, the strategic level can be informed by other inputs (much the same as the operational and tactical levels can be so informed). The strategic level, though, is much better conceptualized as the intrinsic power of a state - military, economic, diplomatic, etc.

This is why I say this war has been an utter strategic failure for Russia, and for China. The West, a cantankerous, moody, and bickering amalgamum of 40+ democracies, is almost fully united now in support of this war. War support here is much more than the mere provision of weaponry and materiel to Ukraine. International training and cooperation has increased. Individual bonds are forming between leads around the world, in the Far East and Europe, that will be priceless in any future international conflict. Two significant countries (and their militaries and strategic positions) have thrown off neutrality and are joining NATO, with a third leaning in that direction while retaining official neutrality. In roads are being made for a swift entrance of Ukraine once war is over.

That is strategic defeat. In an effort to imbalance the West and fracture opponents, Russia has only acted in a matter to strengthen and temper those bonds by forcing the West to united for the common good.

And insofar that Russia can work an operational success out of this, the best they can hope for at this point is the current line of control with a West that knuckles under and "tires" of the war.

Its not going to happen. It's communities like this that will steel the nerves of the West, and the United States in particular. It is the courage, intelligence, and tenacity of the Ukrainian people that foster the spirit of what is possible by all good and free thinking people of the world.

Russia has strategically undermined itself by running into an awakened and energized Ukraine.  It lost this war 12 months ago.

Slava Ukraini. We'll never forget your heroism and sacrifice, and what you have done for all of us.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/149rc8q/strategic_failure/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_content=1&utm_term=22
View Quote

This mirrors my feelings exactly. Russia has pissed away 30 years of progress towards sitting at the adult table.

Now they can go fuck themselves right back to 3rd world shit hole status.

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#46]
"Circus beavers funny!  HeaHeaHeaHea!"
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

Replace it with a chick-fil-a and they might start targeting McD's themselves.  
View Quote

If the fields were muddy enough, a bare dozen strategically placed Chick-Fil-A could slow momentum of any invasion to a crawl. Miles of SUVs blocking every major road, each intent on not letting anyone ahead of them in the stalled queue.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:05:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851491.JPG

It's mainly about the migrant issue again and that the EU is demanding that Hungary accept 10k migrants into the country as part of their quota of migrants.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102840_jpg-2851488.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20230612_102704_jpg-2851489.JPG

So it is a tit for tat in that, the EU puts away its quota and then Hungary will vote on Sweden and get them accepted.

Finland vote happened because the EU caved to Hungary and allowed the final permits and approvals for the PaksII plant which was taking over 9 years for the EU to approve it.

This means that the EU can play ball when it comes to Hungary.

They want Sweden?

Then let Sweden take Hungarys quota of 10k fucken invading migrants.

And then just like that, Hungary will approve Sweden's entry.

Sounds bad, but its all politics and Hungary wanting their EU funding which the EU owes 2 years of it now and the migrant issue.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/migrant_jpeg-2851493.JPG
View Quote

Why are you conflating EU and NATO?

I don't see why y'all don't pull a Hexit, and tell the EU to fuck off. Should quit NATO too. That'll make everyone happy. Y'all can do your own thing.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Well hell, now I want a private Gepard.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:20:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/D2B81D48-99F5-45D6-811C-53B35C0076AA-706.gif

Not sure if this is yesterdays or another today. Good to see them getting knocked out.

View Quote

I know they claimed a Ka-52 yesterday in the South, so perhaps they were able to set things up better and can defend against them.

Also, that treehouse looks a lot like the deer blinds out here in SW PA and West Virginia.  They have windows and rooms of their own sometimes.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4260 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top