Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4983 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

On this, Zeihan is right. This will be Russia's last major, large-scale war. With 300K casualties and climbing and no end in sight, domestic repression that drives down everything from the economy, technology, and birth rates, Putin is creating the greatest "lost generation" since France lost a huge proportion of its young men in WWI. Putin aimed at making Russia greater by restoring its empire. Unless all of Ukraine is absorbed into Russia, he will be net negative for Russia, and even then the repression and corruption endemic to his rule make it bad anyway. Strategically, Russia may be augmenting its power in certain measures, but overall the Russian society and people are diminished.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Russian demographics were shit before this war even started and now even shittier. Combine it with the PTSD and anger the surviving Russians will have when this war is over and Putin has quite an interesting dilemma on his hand. Or maybe not as the Russian people seems to love suffering under dictatorships of various flavors.

On this, Zeihan is right. This will be Russia's last major, large-scale war. With 300K casualties and climbing and no end in sight, domestic repression that drives down everything from the economy, technology, and birth rates, Putin is creating the greatest "lost generation" since France lost a huge proportion of its young men in WWI. Putin aimed at making Russia greater by restoring its empire. Unless all of Ukraine is absorbed into Russia, he will be net negative for Russia, and even then the repression and corruption endemic to his rule make it bad anyway. Strategically, Russia may be augmenting its power in certain measures, but overall the Russian society and people are diminished.

The numbers show Russia’s casualty rate per capital is nearly as bad as their WWI casualty rate, but not nearly as bad as their WWII casualty rate, or the French WWI casualty rate.  Russia is losing around 2% of their fighting-age males per year.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:09:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Yep, glad we have some allies that have enough power to take care of that on their own for now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

This is what’s worrisome. It’s not ideal and is unfortunate but Iran must be eliminated as soon as possible. I could see russia parking their own nukes there in Iran.

Yep, glad we have some allies that have enough power to take care of that on their own for now.

It strikes me that instead of going all in on Gaza, Israel should take the fight to Iran.  Iran funds and controls Hamas.  Until lran is dealt with HAMAS will never be defeated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

That kinda looked like a salvaged cluster munition.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Exactly, I wish people in power would learn this simple lesson.  It's easier to stop a problem when it's small now, than to have to resort to painful amounts of effort later to stop that problem once it has grown.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7_45tKW0AAQO0s?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7_452RXEAAbeoR?format=jpg&name=large

The next step should be accusing the Ukrainian military of selling Western weapons to terrorists on a regular basis.

As part of the Kremlin’s disinformation campaign, these fakes should form the basis of a number of ‘revelatory publications’ & ‘investigations’ in Western media.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8ABdlFXYAACWLv?format=jpg&name=large

GD is the barometer.

Shit is getting messy because we (the US and NATO) have been too slow to help Ukraine end the Russian occupation.  The lukewarm support, at times, has given Russia many opportunities to back door support enemies of the west from NK to Iran and Hamas… and on and on.

If we had made a full push to end this conflict quickly, Russia would be too weak and in no place to build a new axis powers.

Exactly, I wish people in power would learn this simple lesson.  It's easier to stop a problem when it's small now, than to have to resort to painful amounts of effort later to stop that problem once it has grown.

“The United States can always be counted on to do the right thing, after it has tried everything else.”
-Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yeah, that's an eerily accurate assessment of the situation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:
Originally Posted By Prime:
Mrs. Girkin/Strelkov

Yesterday, a meeting in support of Igor Strelkov took place at the Lisva bookstore.

Even the weather conditions did not prevent true like-minded people from gathering.

We watched a wonderful film about Igor, "The Power of One," directed by Oksana Kravtsova, wrote letters, and talked for a long time. About the Russian spring, volunteers, military operations, and, of course, about the future.

In one hall they gathered and talked about the daily issues: the historian, associate professor of the Russian State University for the Humanities, Alexander Krushelnitsky, and the journalist-political scientist Maxim Kalashnikov, and the poet-playwright Yuri Yurchenko, the author of "Soldier's Truth" Mikhail Polynkov, the wife of a political prisoner (that is, me), and so producers, students, humanitarians, young political scientists, and other equally important guests with their unique experience and opinions.
We were all united by one thing: the desire for truth... and freedom for Igor Strelkov.

Thank you very much, friends, for your support! I believe that next time we will gather at the same table with Igor Ivanovich.

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/265

Letter from Igor, with Dmitri translation and Google translated original as posted to TG by Mrs. Girkin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F79AHcxWsAA29tD?format=png&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F79AH7PXQAE1wOj?format=png&name=900x900
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F79AIKbWwAA1P7B?format=png&name=medium

Only now, bypassing all the "offices" of the pre-trial detention center, they gave back Igor Strelkov's letter dated September 29. I publish it in full:

My comment regarding the strategic situation

Reason: V.V. Putin's meeting with Evkurov and Troshev, a statement by the RF Ministry of Defense that the Ministry of Defense does not have any plans regarding mobilization activities.
Additionally: 1) very reduced, compared to the past, US assistance to maintain the combat capability of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, 2) narrowing and changing the directions of attacks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, transferring efforts from areas where strategic successes were (theoretically) possible (Melitopol, Berdyansk, Mariupol directions) to areas of Donetsk and Bakhmut, where (if successful) it is possible to achieve only local operational or even tactical objectives, but success can provide opportunities for successful propaganda in Ukraine itself.

The situation at the front at the moment: a strategic impasse ("PAT" cannot be called, since both sides - the Russian Federation and NATO - have not yet moved their main figures). Ukraine cannot return the lost territories with its own forces, the Russian Federation is not able to clear the territories of the DPR, Kherson and Zaporozhye regions from the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Actions of the Russian Federation: with a 99 percent probability, the Kremlin decided to freeze the war until the elections, that is, until March 2024. No actions related to a significant strengthening of the RF Armed Forces that could seriously aggravate the social, economic and internal political situation in the country will be taken until spring. The RF Armed Forces will continue strategic defense on ("plus or minus") existing lines, with the only task being to prevent deep breakthroughs or sensitive operational successes of the enemy. The question of what the strategy for the next spring/summer campaign will be was put on the back burner. Perhaps in the hope of some events in the enemy camp that will ease the foreign policy situation of the Russian Federation (the success of Trump and the like).

Action of the USA/NATO: I am sure that this strategy of the Russian Federation (mentioned above) is not a secret for the enemy elites and completely suits them as part of the strategic plan to exhaust and undermine Russia from within. The strategic defense of the Russian Federation also does not pose any risks for the United States/NATO. The enemy is confident that he will be able to maintain the internal stability and relative defense capability of the so-called "Ukraine" in the current conditions for as long as necessary. The United States is more than content to continue a low-intensity war without any side gaining the upper hand. The Russian Federation (Putin) is not ready to "put everything on the line?" - "Wonderful! That's what we planned. Let it weaken little by little, we won't rush." It is this position that explains the significant reduction in the amount of aid to "Ukraine" and the extreme slowness in the supply of already promised weapons.

I assume that the major military success of "Ukraine" for the United States now seems unnecessary and even (maybe) dangerous, because it could provoke the Kremlin to "increase the degree of confrontation" and take any decisive action in preparation for the liquidation of "Ukraine" itself. And this may in the future affect the situation in the US/NATO itself, which Washington is not ready for now. Therefore, the logic is this: we will feed Ukraine little by little, without frightening Putin, who is still relatively firmly in the chair and in control of the situation. Let's give him the impression that we are "close to surrendering" to Ukraine and are tired of the war. When the time comes, we can easily ramp up supplies in a matter of weeks, whereas the Russians will need many months of preparation for a full-scale offensive.
I believe that the US position is secretly and openly lobbied in the Kremlin by numerous supporters of reconciliation at any cost, i.e., capitulation. They all remained in their places. Official propaganda "shouts out" to the population of the Russian Federation that "there will be no personnel changes!" (before and after the "elections"), and given the continuation of the current situation, they should not be expected "from the word at all."

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/275

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F79Bh0NXwAA_4Mj?format=png&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F79BiTCXMAIm-13?format=png&name=large

Conclusions:
- The Kremlin has completely lost (or even deliberately conceded) the foreign policy initiative and is "waiting by the sea for weather", since this allows VIP officials not to strain (or do nothing at all, which they can masterfully) in the USA NATO is in no hurry. and the opinion of the so-called "Ukraine" is of no interest to anyone - the prostitute is "paid in advance" and is not going anywhere.
- For the coming months, probably for the autumn-winter campaign, I predict positional battles without significant changes in the strategic situation. Separate operations are possible on both sides for propaganda purposes (Russian Federation - we are moving forward! We have already improved our positions! Victory is coming soon. "Ukra" - "we are moving forward, liberating the territory, victory is inevitable!").
- The mutual exchange of attacks on rear areas and infrastructure will continue and increase. its tension depends only on the scale of production of ammunition (in the Russian Federation) and on its receipt from NATO (for "Ukraine").

"Bloody push-pull," which I had been warning about as the main danger since the fall of 2014, has become our unalternative reality. Unless a miracle happens, it will almost inevitably lead Russia to disaster and collapse (in whole or in part). The reluctance of the Russian authorities to "fight for real" is understandable and justified, since it poses a threat to their power, which was clearly demonstrated by the so-called "Prigozhinsky rebellion." However, "swimming with the flow" will ultimately lead (almost inevitably) to the same disastrous result, but with "no options" and then, along with the collapse of the state, the VIP elite will lose not only power and money, but also their lives. If not all, then very, very many, however, they also do not believe in this "from the word at all."
In the domestic political aspect, I predict a gradual increase in repression against everyone "who does not keep pace with the party," no matter what camp they come from. They will try to disguise this before the elections. After "Putin's triumphant victory" (it simply cannot be otherwise), options are possible, although one cannot expect a harsh dictatorship either - Putin does not know how to do it, just as he does not know how to do absolutely anything more than halfway.

This text does not take into account completely possible "black swans" that can radically change the picture in a matter of days (or maybe even hours, as was the case in June). Recorded one day before the 40-day date, the murder of Prigozhin and Utkin.

I. V. Girkin (I. I. Strelkov)

https://t.me/i_strelkov_2023/276

Yeah, that's an eerily accurate assessment of the situation.

I can’t confirm or deny that he’s been reading my posts.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:
We are in 1939, the world is starting to burn and half the country is too busy hating FFDR and shouting "not our problem".
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Yes. My question is: are we in "1938" now or "1941"? The players are forming up into the two teams now.
We are in 1939, the world is starting to burn and half the country is too busy hating FFDR and shouting "not our problem".

Yep.

While the comparison of the lead up to WWII and now isn't repeating, it certainly is rhyming.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Ben Shapiro quote today from podcast. Obviously he wasn't talking about Ukraine today, so I'll leave out any additional commentary other than "yea, we've been saying that for 18 months now."

He said, "Giving territory to some of the worlds most evil people is a horrible idea. I know there have been those who in their sophistication have been convinced that giving territory to the worlds most evil people is a wonderful idea and the best way to promote world peace. As it turns out it's the best way to promote rape of women, murder of children, and kidnapping of babies."
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Kuleba: 'If Ukraine loses the war, it will be end of Europe'

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4168-2984863.jpg

View Quote

He’s right.  There’s absolutely no way Poland stands by waiting to see if Europe will half-ass their support for Poland when Russia invades them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By K0UA:
It would seem to me that WW III is shaping up pretty nicely.

We are all choosing sides. Pretty much the big players have formed their lines But it will get a lot more intense and the involvement will be much greater for all.

When did WWII start.  Well that depends.  Lets see if you were China and Japan going at it in the early 1930's, That was a "start",  The bloodless annexation of the "Sudetenland"  and Austria in 1938 certainly seem familiar.  Crimea in 2014 anyone. The infiltration of the "little green men" in the Donbass. Yes this all has parallels to WWII.

How about the invasion of Poland on Sept 1, 1939? Yeah that was the big one that got the
Western European Allies involved.  But we here in the US stuck it out for over 2 years, and the ignorant isolationists (just like we have now) said "lets sit this one out. We had enough of war in the big war to end all wars"

The results are the same, the strategy is the same. Oh sure we sat and watched our own allies get over ran (France, Netherlands, Belgium Norway etc) and Britain bombed into ruble, but even then we would not join in with our men. No, just a steady stream of supplies to try to keep the British isles afloat. Stick your head in the sand, and pretend you are not at war.

But we were at war. And we are at war now.

The historians will look back and say WW III main events started in 2014 in Ukraine. But then the "big push" started Feb 2022 Now the second front on the war with the west has opened. Oh sure many of you would like to think "no, this is a regional conflict that has been going on for century's".  Yep that is true as far as it goes, but who is on the side of Israel?, and who is on the other side?  Well it is the same players as the war in Ukraine/Russia.  Same allies, Russia, Iran, Arab Terrorist's North Korea, China all allied to one degree or another against the "west".  Only the "west" now includes players like Japan and Germany on our side now.

I once watched a very good TV miniseries called "The Winds of War".  It went thru the 30's leading up to World War 2. How you would have been a fool to not see the war coming. I believe the same is happening now. You would be a fool to not see World War 3 shaping up on the horizon. And the world is running towards that horizon at a rapid pace.

This latest front opening up was planned and has already met many of its goals. It has stopped the peace process in the Middle East, It has changed focus of politicians and aid to the main war effort in Ukraine, And while it may turn out to be a desperate act by Putin and  Iran to open this front, and it will bring down a wrath of fire from the Israelis, It has certainly widened the war with "the west".  

Where were you Grandpa when WWIII started?  That is a good question.  We don't call it World War 3 yet, but then back in World War 2, no one called it that either.
View Quote

I don’t disagree with you or think it’s either “chicken-littling” or disinfo.  Reading the history, everyone knew WWI and WWII were coming.
The west started by acting contrary to its own interests (i.e. allowing the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine in 2014, getting into bed with Iran) and has so far failed to act decisively to fix these issues in its own interests.
We had chances to put thing right at some risk but low cost but we didn’t. We will pay a higher cost now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 2:36:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#10]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

We are at war, we just don't know it yet.

Russia is fermenting conflict in Africa and the Middle-East in the hope that it will ignite a world war. They want the west's resources divided and expended to reduce pressure on their Ukrainian adventure. They feel they have a chance if they can coerce their allies into the fray.

Pretending to be their friend, they willing lead them to destruction and chaos. What are friends for?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Originally Posted By thehun06:
World will be at war soon ...

We are at war, we just don't know it yet.

Russia is fermenting conflict in Africa and the Middle-East in the hope that it will ignite a world war. They want the west's resources divided and expended to reduce pressure on their Ukrainian adventure. They feel they have a chance if they can coerce their allies into the fray.

Pretending to be their friend, they willing lead them to destruction and chaos. What are friends for?

Yep, endless wars in Africa fueled by Russia/Wagner and China.

Endless wars in ME.

Invasion of so called "Refugees" in the US and Europe.

Traiterous politicans selling out their countries for money.

The cancer of wokeism and systematic destruction of freedom all over the world.

Kosovo vs. Serbia.

China vs. India.

Ukraine war.

A spreading Islam.

Afghanistan.

Asshoe China: East China Sea disputes, South China Sea disputes, Belt and Road Initiative, Hongkong, Taiwan.

Drug war in Mexico.

Failed states like Venezuela.

The world is fucked. Orwell was way too optimistic when he wrote Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#11]
What are “special friendships” for? Amma right?

Shoigu also said that Russia will protect Iran if Israel decides to strike it. He didn’t tell how it would do it but it’s just details 😂
▪️Israel mobilized 300k people in 2 days. Russia couldn’t do that in many months

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Applicable everywhere at all times.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

In case anyone missed the reference, they are alluding to this painting and the historical legend it's based on.
View Quote

Nice!  LOL
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

That was...something else.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

The constant barrage of existential threats broke many.

GD reminds me of this lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLxPIOxgkM0

That was...something else.

lol, check out the other ones he made over the years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:44:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#15]
Wait. Don’t F-16s ESCALATE?  And F-15s and F-35s??!!  Aren’t those needed to ward off CHINA??!!  Suddenly we have spare jets?

Now we say F-35s don’t ESCAL☢️TE, but actually “prevent aggression” ??!!!

I know, I know, trust the science. The adults are in charge now. Ice cream!

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Capta:

It strikes me that instead of going all in on Gaza, Israel should take the fight to Iran.  Iran funds and controls Hamas.  Until lIran is deal with HAMAS will never be defeated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:

This is what’s worrisome. It’s not ideal and is unfortunate but Iran must be eliminated as soon as possible. I could see russia parking their own nukes there in Iran.

It strikes me that instead of going all in on Gaza, Israel should take the fight to Iran.  Iran funds and controls Hamas.  Until lIran is deal with HAMAS will never be defeated.

I agree, though I wonder if that might happen in a more discreet manner, like targeted assassinations.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

If that's true then I'm glad it's working for them. It seems like it works really freakin well.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#18]
With things heating up rapidly in the ME, it's even more imperative that we give Ukraine what they need to defeat Russia.  They cannot be allowed to get involved over there.

Of course, many here have been saying the same thing in terms of removing Russia as a general threat,  but the timeline for accomplishing that has just been accelerated.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#19]

This topic will cause much consternation and even vapor-lock in GD...

"We like Russia now but always hated Hamas and Iran. Russia supports Iran and Hamas....so we now cheer for Hamas and Iran?"...Next USMC vets will be cheering for Hizballah!
View Quote

I won't,  but I won't be surprised if a few do.  Disgusted yes, but not surprised.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait. Don’t F-16s ESCALATE?  And F-15s and F-35s??!!  Aren’t those needed to ward off CHINA??!!  Suddenly we have spare jets?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4193-2985135.jpg

View Quote

In all fairness, Israel already has, operates, and maintains all of those western fighters in some numbers. They have trained pilots, techs, spare parts, etc. The US is simply boosting their numbers instead of helping them start a program from the ground up. That doesn’t excuse why it’s taken so damn long to help Ukraine
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Opinion: Thinking the ‘Unthinkable’ in Ukraine – and Now Israel

EXCERPT
NATO now finds itself at the same inflection point Churchill and Patton foresaw as an existential fork in the road toward the end of World War II. Confront Russia now or be forced to do it later and likely at a far greater cost.

Recent events in the Sahel, including the coup in Niger, and presently, Hamas’ ongoing military operation against Israel, are an indicator of just how high the price of waiting is likely to be. Things are not going to get better in Putin’s Russia; only worse, far worse.

Putin’s army now, as Stalin’s Red Army was toward the closing months of World War II – is vulnerable. Sensing weakness, Patton wanted to act.

During a May 7, 1945, contentious meeting with US Secretary of War Robert Patterson about impending partial demobilization in Europe, Patton expressed his belief in the need to confront Stalin. Patton was incensed that he had been ordered: “to hold back his army and wait for the Red Army to occupy vast stretches of German, Czech, Rumanian, Hungarian, and Yugoslav territory, which the Americans could have easily taken instead.”

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

In all fairness, Israel already has, operates, and maintains all of those western fighters in some numbers. They have trained pilots, techs, spare parts, etc. The US is simply boosting their numbers instead of helping them start a program from the ground up. That doesn’t excuse why it’s taken so damn long to help Ukraine
View All Quotes

True but does not explain the hypocrisy of escalation and can’t spare nuthin as reasons we did not allow F16s to be transferred by anyone for over a year and we still don’t provide any out of our 128 surplus. But active duty F15 and F35 we got plenty to throw around.

I guess China is just going to have take a number and wait until we can spare them again. Still trying to figure the escalation now equals prevention math. I’m not a biologist so could be above my pay grade.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

It also reads like we are sending a couple squadron of our jets into the region, something we have been doing in the Baltic for a while now.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:20:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Shaheds coming in from the south
https://t.me/kpszsu/6190

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#25]
A good thread with a daily update for those who have not been following as closely due to the HAMAS atrocity.

Noted that the head of Territorial Defense Forces has been changed by Zelensky.  

Thread by @NOELreports on Thread Reader App

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Shaheds coming in from the south
https://t.me/kpszsu/6190

View Quote

From Twitter

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#27]
Dang. I thought he was dead for sure. He definitely got his brains rattled hard. He speaks with difficulty. One of the early videos of him after the clobbering he could not raise at least one of his arms, perhaps both.

The noodle is against the wall.
My mommy has a long mustache.

VIDEO of oatmeal making noises

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

I don't see where it says we are giving them planes.  We fly those planes and move squadrons ya know.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:17:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Dang. I thought he was dead for sure. He definitely got his brains rattled hard. He speaks with difficulty. One of the early videos of him after the clobbering he could not raise at least one of his arms, perhaps both.

The noodle is against the wall.
My mommy has a long mustache.

VIDEO of oatmeal making noises
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4195-2985299.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

All chinese junk needs to disappear from the market.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Exactly. History is truly repeating itself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]

“The United States can always be counted on to do the right thing, after it has tried everything else.”
-Winston Churchill
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7_45tKW0AAQO0s?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F7_452RXEAAbeoR?format=jpg&name=large

The next step should be accusing the Ukrainian military of selling Western weapons to terrorists on a regular basis.

As part of the Kremlin’s disinformation campaign, these fakes should form the basis of a number of ‘revelatory publications’ & ‘investigations’ in Western media.”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8ABdlFXYAACWLv?format=jpg&name=large

GD is the barometer.

Shit is getting messy because we (the US and NATO) have been too slow to help Ukraine end the Russian occupation.  The lukewarm support, at times, has given Russia many opportunities to back door support enemies of the west from NK to Iran and Hamas… and on and on.

If we had made a full push to end this conflict quickly, Russia would be too weak and in no place to build a new axis powers.

-Winston Churchill

Truer words were never spoken.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#34]

I don’t disagree with you or think it’s either “chicken-littling” or disinfo.  Reading the history, everyone knew WWI and WWII were coming.
The west started by acting contrary to its own interests (i.e. allowing the Russian invasion of Georgia in 2008 and Ukraine in 2014, getting into bed with Iran) and has so far failed to act decisively to fix these issues in its own interests.
We had chances to put thing right at some risk but low cost but we didn’t. We will pay a higher cost now.
View All Quotes
It would seem to me that WW III is shaping up pretty nicely.

We are all choosing sides. Pretty much the big players have formed their lines But it will get a lot more intense and the involvement will be much greater for all.

When did WWII start.  Well that depends.  Lets see if you were China and Japan going at it in the early 1930's, That was a "start",  The bloodless annexation of the "Sudetenland"  and Austria in 1938 certainly seem familiar.  Crimea in 2014 anyone. The infiltration of the "little green men" in the Donbass. Yes this all has parallels to WWII.

How about the invasion of Poland on Sept 1, 1939? Yeah that was the big one that got the
Western European Allies involved.  But we here in the US stuck it out for over 2 years, and the ignorant isolationists (just like we have now) said "lets sit this one out. We had enough of war in the big war to end all wars"

The results are the same, the strategy is the same. Oh sure we sat and watched our own allies get over ran (France, Netherlands, Belgium Norway etc) and Britain bombed into ruble, but even then we would not join in with our men. No, just a steady stream of supplies to try to keep the British isles afloat. Stick your head in the sand, and pretend you are not at war.

But we were at war. And we are at war now.

The historians will look back and say WW III main events started in 2014 in Ukraine. But then the "big push" started Feb 2022 Now the second front on the war with the west has opened. Oh sure many of you would like to think "no, this is a regional conflict that has been going on for century's".  Yep that is true as far as it goes, but who is on the side of Israel?, and who is on the other side?  Well it is the same players as the war in Ukraine/Russia.  Same allies, Russia, Iran, Arab Terrorist's North Korea, China all allied to one degree or another against the "west".  Only the "west" now includes players like Japan and Germany on our side now.

I once watched a very good TV miniseries called "The Winds of War".  It went thru the 30's leading up to World War 2. How you would have been a fool to not see the war coming. I believe the same is happening now. You would be a fool to not see World War 3 shaping up on the horizon. And the world is running towards that horizon at a rapid pace.

This latest front opening up was planned and has already met many of its goals. It has stopped the peace process in the Middle East, It has changed focus of politicians and aid to the main war effort in Ukraine, And while it may turn out to be a desperate act by Putin and  Iran to open this front, and it will bring down a wrath of fire from the Israelis, It has certainly widened the war with "the west".  

Where were you Grandpa when WWIII started?  That is a good question.  We don't call it World War 3 yet, but then back in World War 2, no one called it that either.

Agreed, maybe  it can still be headed off and averted from a global conflict, it sure seems to be headed that way. If we would act decisively in Ukraine , it would sure help. I have no crystal ball to consult, but I feel the winds of not only fall blowing, but the winds of war are starting to blow pretty hard too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

This is exactly how it is.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

View All Quotes

Yes. And do solar.

All those billions of green subsidies bought solar farms made in China.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Eternal vigilance ain't easy.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Old Russian nag getting her cheap shots in. Bibi, How’s that Special Friendship working out for y’all? Putin answering your calls, or getting the “line has been disconnected” message?

Maybe when Russians were slurring Ukrainians as Nazi Jews that was your sign?

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#41]
ISW assessment for October 9th.

https://www.understandingwar.org/backgrounder/russian-offensive-campaign-assessment-october-9-2023
View Quote

The weather is something that's been talked about on TG and we haven't perhaps communicated well here. That almost certainly explains the numbers recently.

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

US needs to be working the diplomacy hard to get Europe on board with responding appropriately to China. If China unleashes the military on Taiwan, the response needs to be coordinated between Europe & US - embargo on trade with China.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:31:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Opinion: Thinking the 'Unthinkable' in Ukraine   and Now Israel

EXCERPT
NATO now finds itself at the same inflection point Churchill and Patton foresaw as an existential fork in the road toward the end of World War II. Confront Russia now or be forced to do it later and likely at a far greater cost.

Recent events in the Sahel, including the coup in Niger, and presently, Hamas' ongoing military operation against Israel, are an indicator of just how high the price of waiting is likely to be. Things are not going to get better in Putin's Russia; only worse, far worse.

Putin's army now, as Stalin's Red Army was toward the closing months of World War II   is vulnerable. Sensing weakness, Patton wanted to act.

During a May 7, 1945, contentious meeting with US Secretary of War Robert Patterson about impending partial demobilization in Europe, Patton expressed his belief in the need to confront Stalin. Patton was incensed that he had been ordered: "to hold back his army and wait for the Red Army to occupy vast stretches of German, Czech, Rumanian, Hungarian, and Yugoslav territory, which the Americans could have easily taken instead."

View Quote
Fight the smaller fights now or pay in copious amounts of blood later.  Ive said that a lot.  WW2 taught that one to me
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#44]
A good thread with a daily update for those who have not been following as closely due to the HAMAS atrocity.

Noted that the head of Territorial Defense Forces has been changed by Zelensky.  

Thread by @NOELreports on Thread Reader App

View Quote
That jackass was one who objected to pulling Palestinian funding
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#45]

I agree, though I wonder if that might happen in a more discreet manner, like targeted assassinations.
View Quote

I dont think Israel can take out Iran alone. Unless they nuke them (I'd support that). And Xiden's USA has been a shitty unreliable allies, to say the least. Honestly I'm not sure if we would side with Israel or Iran.

Really Iran needed to be removed from the planet 40 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

This will help supply chain security but not necessarily quality. You'll just have junk from many other countries. It's the product managers here that spec things out to be junk by design.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

View Quote

This, friends, is another stronghold of the Russian invaders in the area of ​​the villages of Novoprokopivka and Robotyne. Not as powerful as the one I wrote about earlier, but still interesting. Another example of how the Russian aggressor adapts to the features of the area, building fortifications 1/

Please note that fortifications are not only built for blind defense. In the previous thread, you saw the support, through which the road passes between the two villages, and everything was built so that it could be used. Everything is clear, logistics and so on 2/

But this is not the only issue here. And also in the fact that through the intersection of dirt roads, around which these fortifications are built, which are definitely not the main ones for the aggressor, the route of the exit of the Katsap armor to the firing position passed 3/

In this video, you can see how the armor uses landings for visual cover and goes on a fire mission precisely through the shown support. Shoots and runs away. This time I was lucky to retreat in time 4/

What's also interesting is that one of the points on the route was the reference point I showed earlier. The fact that Russian terrorists cannot use them to move equipment has already narrowed their possibilities in this area 5/

Trenches located partly right in the middle of the field. Not blocked. I don't know if they just didn't have time to cover them or if there was some other reason, but they don't live in these trenches. Placed in landings next to each other, trying to disguise the location 6/

The trench that runs diagonally across the field looks interesting, which is probably due to the desire to better exercise visual and fire control over the road that leads directly to the intersection from the north 7/

Taking into account the fact that the Muscovites build defenders so that it is possible to maintain a circular defense, this is also more or less observed here. The trenches are dug so as to meet a flank attack if necessary 8/

You can additionally evaluate the appearance of the support on the video.9/

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Yes. My question is: are we in "1938" now or "1941"? The players are forming up into the two teams now.
View Quote

1938 -- but Czechoslovakia fought. And the Czechs, motivated and with some pretty good T38 tanks, have, against all predictions stopped the German attacks.

And that's the problem with historical analogies. "Well, shit, now what happens?"
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#49]
VIDEO  of MLRS launchers in action

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#50]

It strikes me that instead of going all in on Gaza, Israel should take the fight to Iran.  Iran funds and controls Hamas.  Until lran is dealt with HAMAS will never be defeated.
View Quote

They have to contain HAMAS first -- because of the proximity and the ability of HAMAS to cause disruption.

There is time for Iran in due course, and success against Gaza lays the political groundwork for it.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4983 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top