Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 680 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easterner:
On a side note I've taken up arts and crafts with my free time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/received_509363870893626_jpeg-2298598.JPG
View Quote

I’m interested.

Can I buy them on Etsy?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MiloBloom:

Yee  haw ..

ТРИМАЙТЕ МОЄ ПИВО !

TRYMAYTE MOYE PYVO !

Looks like a fun weekend  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiloBloom:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

Yee  haw ..

ТРИМАЙТЕ МОЄ ПИВО !

TRYMAYTE MOYE PYVO !

Looks like a fun weekend  

Shit. I'd be scared a Bayraktar would target me. That'd suck to get offed by friendlies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Action45:

@SmilinEd

View Quote

Thanks...👍👍🤣
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HostisHumaniGeneris:

Technically, posting all these pics and videos of Russian POWs is already a violation of the Geneva Convention.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

Ukraine would lose public support if they started mistreating POWs.

It would be the dumbest thing they could ever do in this situation. And they know it.

Technically, posting all these pics and videos of Russian POWs is already a violation of the Geneva Convention.

Technically, Ukraine has only been a country for 20 years. They haven't signed shit and everything that was signed Russia violated.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:24:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
The Russian I/O campaign is to troll forums/Twitter and post "nuh-uh" comments.

View Quote

Both sides are doing it, it's very clear. It's a valid tactic and it's effective, so it should be used.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mjohn3006:

There is a difference between Ukrainian soldiers hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers, and pissed off civilians hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers.
I agree neither should be done, and it's bad optics. But in terms of "war crimes"...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
I'm personally torn on the kindness to pow thing.

Russian animals who shell and kill civillians should get no quarter.

All my life I've believed Russians to be lowlife, stupid, brutal animals in general.

But that's also not how you get people to surrender.

Perhaps keeping the pows near vital military targets, like your. Bm30"s defending Kiev, or where shelling may happen is a good compromise

It would be the dumbest thing they could ever do in this situation. And they know it.

you mean, like those 2 guys they paraded naked through the town, with only socks?

or the chubby guy they tie-wrapped naked to a telephone pole?

something something Geneva something.  yeah, fuck all that shit.

There is a difference between Ukrainian soldiers hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers, and pissed off civilians hog tying and ass raping Russian soldiers.
I agree neither should be done, and it's bad optics. But in terms of "war crimes"...

OAB has resigned his commission and is now a rogue agent. Russki Soldat beware.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NunyaBidness:
That's my sense as well. It seems like for a bit they were short on either drones or missiles for the drones and they just got a supply drop. It amazes me to say this, but that Bayraktar drone is probably going to be a game changer in this war. If they keep hammering the supply lines with those drones they're going to pull this off. An out of gas tank is better than a blown up tank because you get to keep it. A starving Russian child soldier is better than a dead one because you can call his momma and show her how well he's being treated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blue_Devil_JD:
I feel like Russia has a big problem, even if they are currently making progress. Right now, they are losing close to a 1000 soldiers a day, and an incredible amount of equipment. It seems the Ukrainians are only fighting harder as they get more desperate. How functional will the Russian Army be in another week? Especially if the casualty and equipment numbers double? Supposedly Ukraine just got a shipment of more of those drones, and Javelins and NLAWs are going into the country still as well.

I feel like we are at a tipping point. If Ukraine can hold out a few more days, Russia has to sue for peace... or else they might actually lose?
That's my sense as well. It seems like for a bit they were short on either drones or missiles for the drones and they just got a supply drop. It amazes me to say this, but that Bayraktar drone is probably going to be a game changer in this war. If they keep hammering the supply lines with those drones they're going to pull this off. An out of gas tank is better than a blown up tank because you get to keep it. A starving Russian child soldier is better than a dead one because you can call his momma and show her how well he's being treated.

3 other thoughts:

1). Russia will be forced to pull equipment and personnel from other areas making it more attractive to other countries on its borders to make a move against them.

2). The sanctions in place will throttle them, the longer this goes on.

3).  I imagine the “under the radar” direct support is growing within UKR by Western militaries.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

On my phone it has a pop up cover the screen telling me to log in.
View Quote

2 things to do to fix this, you can google for details as I won't be available to provide tech support:

1) delete all your cookies. You will need to re-login to sites you care about (like arf).

2) open all twitter links in private windows. This will prevent twitter from knowing you are a repeat "offender" attempting to view their shit without authenticating.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By safe1:

Got any hot glue and decorative steel beads?
View Quote

No but I do have a lot of nails and screws from my last craft project. Ukraine doesn't exactly have everything you need in one place. I've been getting very creative lately.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:
View Quote

Shits on fire, yo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 6SJ7GT:

I think both sides are learning to turn off their phone during ops.
View Quote

Yes, and Russia has not targeted mobile networks or internet infrastructure, so there is more value in keeping them open than destroying them we can deduce.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

While they likely won’t get Ukrainian livery they would certainly get the roundels repainted.

I was on a trip where we helped deliver some IDF F-35s and while he jets had Israeli tail numbers, the roundels were covered and American ones applied over them since at the time they were American jets.
View Quote

We did the same with Vipers they bought.

Some of the stickers peeled off in flight.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Disinformation keeps showing up on this thread. The MODs are the boss, they can delete my posts if they feel they aren't relevant ALONG with the posts I am responding to. Disinformation and propaganda are as relevant to this conflict as javelin missiles are.
View Quote

When it comes to disinformation, I hope they delete more of your crap posts.  Go suck somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Cannot confirm, but being reported. Fingers crossed
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

View Quote
This would be very good news if true, but we've been teased with stuff like this before.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

50k+ feet, between 100 and 300 kts, likely a global hawk.  Other things can get up there, but most fly faster and have shorter endurance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Shits on fire, yo.
View All Quotes

Shits on fire, yo.

It's a Russian ship. May not have needed a missile strike to catch fire.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#18]

Not actually though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovenias-consulate-ukraine-destroyed-attack-kharkiv-ministry-2022-03-01/

Consulates and embassies are considered sovereign territory of the country they represent. Legally, the Russians have attacked Slovenia. Slovenia is a member of NATO

By Article 5 of Washington Treaty (AKA the North Atlantic Treaty) provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked.

Not actually though.

I thought embassies were that way but not consulates?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#19]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/received_509363870893626_jpeg-2298598.JPG
View Quote
Nice.

"Tea or BBQ" should be the option given to Russian soldiers.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I want to know whst that ship on fire is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#21]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108967/73BD88D8-C814-4333-975F-6BD2338D8C72_jpe-2298591.JPG

View Quote

Why would they say this? Doesn't make sense
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:30:11 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
I'm personally torn on the kindness to pow thing.

Russian animals who shell and kill civillians should get no quarter.

All my life I've believed Russians to be lowlife, stupid, brutal animals in general.

But that's also not how you get people to surrender.

Perhaps keeping the pows near vital military targets, like your. Bm30"s defending Kiev, or where shelling may happen is a good compromise

you mean, like those 2 guys they paraded naked through the town, with only socks?

or the chubby guy they tie-wrapped naked to a telephone pole?

something something Geneva something.  yeah, fuck all that shit.

They aren't Russian soldiers anyway. They're Ukrainian traitors that they're stripping and tying up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

From all appearances, the Ukranian command and control network is infinitely better than the Russian's Baofeng network. One has to wonder whether some of the materiel that was airlifted in the days before the invasion was encrypted satcom or HF/VHF/UHF to keep their forces in the loop, coordinate attacks, let their forces know when to pick up more weaponry, etc. It would seem the Russian side is far more haphazard about pretty much everything.
View Quote

It's obvious all the intel the USA has is being fed to Ukraine, and probably a lot of advice, and they know how to act on it. How long Russia can sustain these losses is an interesting topic. Russia does have sofisticated communication and drone jamming tech, but from where I sit, they are not using anything because they know everything is being monitored so heavily. That may be one reason they are willing to accept such heavy losses, they don't want to tip their hand on this fight.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I maybe got 30 more minutes of energy to keep covering. Trying to make it to nightfall.

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Do not fill a tennis ball with gasoline, and then light it on fire and have a friend toss it to you and hit it with a tennis racket.   No idea how we didn't die as children.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:32:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MBUZICHOMA] [#26]
Originally Posted By BigB32:

View All Quotes

I read into the entire story on this.  It said the Ukranian pilots were going to be there for at least 2 weeks training. The Polish upgraded the electronics on them and need to teach the pilots the new systems.

I don't know, but personally I doubt they will go back to Ukraine. Flying into Ukraine from a Nato country would be seen as an act of war against Russia. I might be wrong though
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:

2 things to do to fix this, you can google for details as I won't be available to provide tech support:

1) delete all your cookies. You will need to re-login to sites you care about (like arf).

2) open all twitter links in private windows. This will prevent twitter from knowing you are a repeat "offender" attempting to view their shit without authenticating.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
Originally Posted By Banditman:

On my phone it has a pop up cover the screen telling me to log in.

Click "log in" and then click the back button. Someone suggested it yesterday and it works for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 74HC:

I thought that Poland refusal at first was hardball negotiation.  I'm sure they wanted someone to replace those donated MIGs with updated fighters.  If this is true, then somebody did because there would be no way a country who's next on Putin's WARSAW appetite would give up fighters.

It's either Germany, UK, or USA that behind it doing the updating for Poland.  I suspect it's the USA because Poland wants F-35s more than ever.  So does everyone else. Putin's invasion is probably the best salesman for Lockheed Martin.  Would love to see their book to bill ratio are like in these next couple of weeks.
View All Quotes

I thought that Poland refusal at first was hardball negotiation.  I'm sure they wanted someone to replace those donated MIGs with updated fighters.  If this is true, then somebody did because there would be no way a country who's next on Putin's WARSAW appetite would give up fighters.

It's either Germany, UK, or USA that behind it doing the updating for Poland.  I suspect it's the USA because Poland wants F-35s more than ever.  So does everyone else. Putin's invasion is probably the best salesman for Lockheed Martin.  Would love to see their book to bill ratio are like in these next couple of weeks.

I'm certain there is backchannel negotiations going on along the lines of "if you "loan" Ukraine some Migs we'll make sure you get some F-35s very soon".

I think all of a sudden lots of NATO countries will be upgrading and expanding their military capabilities.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Several EU countries came out said they'd provide Jets to Ukraine, older soviet stock they likely are retiring.

Then they publicly backed out.   One country even said "why would I do that it's crazy".

But if I remember correctly from the original reports, the EU said they would purchase jets and donate them to Ukraine.

This looks like the individual countries might not want to be seen as giving directly to Ukraine, and may be preparing to say "I sold them to the EU, not Ukraine", assuming the jets are being transferred.

At the same time, Ukraine wants it known (whether true or not) they they're getting more planes.

If there's an under the table deal to get them planes, there has to be a plausible explanation for how they got them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#30]
@EEsmith

Do you have plates (Body armor)?
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

Bayraktar! I tell you…it’s one of the greatest assets right now for Ukraine!
View Quote

And,hot take here,a good reason for foreign -not Chinese- students at MIT.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

We are not seeing videos from Russia, which is surprising how many young troops are there, and everyone posts videos at that age group. They must have put a ban on using mobile phones and a lot of the dead Russians kit seem to have no mobile phones.

As far as I can tell, we have very few videos or reports of Russians using drones, and they are not publishing their victories. There is so much bullshit on both sides, disinformation, and crap on twitter and telegram. The Russians are not broadcasting their victories and achievements, so we don't have much to go on. Unlike wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., we have not seen many videos of an actual ambush and set up, we just see the aftermath.

The reluctance of Russia to post victories and achievements outside of Donetsk and Odesa is very interesting, I think they have taken the decision that no social media is better than announcing things. Same with Ukraine, there seems to be a lack of actual fighting and that's a smart decision. They are not giving away any ambush techniques, strategies, or how they are destroying so many Russian units.

Basically, we don't know what's really going on, only the people on the ground do and information move so fast and thick, it's hard to trust anything. It's so easy to make a fake video now, and if you see shitty quality videos on youtube or Twitter, it's a good indication that it's fake. Modern computer games like DCS make it really easy to edit a video and very fast. There are lots of pro-Russian video clips on Twitter showing the addition of fake V, Z, O markings on destroyed tanks and trucks, so we really can not verify losses at this stage, that will take time and be the work of war historians and journalists.

I think Putin has decided that the prize is worth it, and is absorbing losses because that's the only thing they know how to do. But, can they win with that strategy?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

We are not seeing videos from Russia, which is surprising how many young troops are there, and everyone posts videos at that age group. They must have put a ban on using mobile phones and a lot of the dead Russians kit seem to have no mobile phones.

As far as I can tell, we have very few videos or reports of Russians using drones, and they are not publishing their victories. There is so much bullshit on both sides, disinformation, and crap on twitter and telegram. The Russians are not broadcasting their victories and achievements, so we don't have much to go on. Unlike wars in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, etc., we have not seen many videos of an actual ambush and set up, we just see the aftermath.

The reluctance of Russia to post victories and achievements outside of Donetsk and Odesa is very interesting, I think they have taken the decision that no social media is better than announcing things. Same with Ukraine, there seems to be a lack of actual fighting and that's a smart decision. They are not giving away any ambush techniques, strategies, or how they are destroying so many Russian units.

Basically, we don't know what's really going on, only the people on the ground do and information move so fast and thick, it's hard to trust anything. It's so easy to make a fake video now, and if you see shitty quality videos on youtube or Twitter, it's a good indication that it's fake. Modern computer games like DCS make it really easy to edit a video and very fast. There are lots of pro-Russian video clips on Twitter showing the addition of fake V, Z, O markings on destroyed tanks and trucks, so we really can not verify losses at this stage, that will take time and be the work of war historians and journalists.

I think Putin has decided that the prize is worth it, and is absorbing losses because that's the only thing they know how to do. But, can they win with that strategy?

DW reported that the bulk of Russian soldiers were not allowed to take their phones.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:36:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

But where?

View Quote
It says city of Grozny on the video
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:36:48 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

If legit. That bitch is blowing up and sinking.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I think Russia should no longer be a recognized as a country  and they should be stateless war  criminal terrorists or do what they do in the Olympics: soldiers of the FSCR  

Former Soviet Criminal Regime
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Well that will drastically change things.

Which country got involved and hit the ship??
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:38:13 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DeathMetalMedic:
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/slovenias-consulate-ukraine-destroyed-attack-kharkiv-ministry-2022-03-01/

Consulates and embassies are considered sovereign territory of the country they represent. Legally, the Russians have attacked Slovenia. Slovenia is a member of NATO

By Article 5 of Washington Treaty (AKA the North Atlantic Treaty) provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked.

Not actually though.

Kind of, but not really as I understand.  The Vienna Convention on diplomatic relations talks about how the receiving state shall not violate the sanctity of the embassy, to the point that firefighters need to be given specific permission to enter, it doesn’t make that land actually part of the sending state.

It’s more like attacking the idea of the country when a third state does it.  That’s of course if it was on purpose.  Do remember that in Kosovo we accidentally bombed the Chinese embassy and it wasn’t treated as though we attacked Beijing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#38]

No but I do have a lot of nails and screws from my last craft project. Ukraine doesn't exactly have everything you need in one place. I've been getting very creative lately.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By safe1:

Got any hot glue and decorative steel beads?

A piano will yield a 1# coffee can full of nuts, bolts and screws.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

View All Quotes

Supposedly UkrAine but I’m sure if it was someone else they won’t take responsibility
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#41]
More POWs captured in Bashtansky district of the Nikolaev area
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

It could be this, but I still hope its RUS warship

Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By prill64:

Several EU countries came out said they'd provide Jets to Ukraine, older soviet stock they likely are retiring.

Then they publicly backed out.   One country even said "why would I do that it's crazy".

But if I remember correctly from the original reports, the EU said they would purchase jets and donate them to Ukraine.

This looks like the individual countries might not want to be seen as giving directly to Ukraine, and may be preparing to say "I sold them to the EU, not Ukraine", assuming the jets are being transferred.

At the same time, Ukraine wants it known (whether true or not) they they're getting more planes.

If there's an under the table deal to get them planes, there has to be a plausible explanation for how they got them.
View Quote

Maybe the others will "sell" them to Poland for 1 euro to "replace" the MiG's they gave away, who will then turn around and publicly give them to Ukraine directly, because they don't give a fuck.  "We had no idea that would happen, like, we're super surprised"
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#44]
So the Turks activated The Montreux Convention and closed the Bosporus to warships and so far has refused to allow the Russian Navy to transit:

Turkey rejects Russia's request for navy ships to pass Bosporus

This has got to start putting a bite in their resupply for the southern invasion effort.
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Yea I’m just wondering if that’s a shot of the impact or that’s the ship on fire after the fact. It looks like an impact image as there is no smoke yet in that pic
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cryo_tech] [#46]
It could be this, but I still hope its RUS warship

View Quote

Fuck. Was hoping it was RU navy

Eta that data is from like Friday. Whatever is burning seems to be now
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
I dunno, "hurt feelings" could be a war crime in clown world.  (Referring to the sock puppets.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Neptune's Inferno

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

I'm certain there is backchannel negotiations going on along the lines of "if you "loan" Ukraine some Migs we'll make sure you get some F-35s very soon".

I think all of a sudden lots of NATO countries will be upgrading and expanding their military capabilities.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Poland already has some sexy F-16s and is getting their first F-35s in a couple years.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2022 11:42:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#50]

View All Quotes

Ukraine (probably) did it if it's a Russian warship.  

The speculation I've heard is a Neptune Anti Ship Missile.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 680 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top