Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1684 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

USN damage control is truly unequalled. The british were losing ships after one missile in the falklands. The Russians larger ships after two.

The Usn be like: hold my bug juice
View Quote

That's because the USN is like: oh downtime? Fire drill!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By NBCMarine:

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don’t agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it’s par for the course in GD bingo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
Originally Posted By weptek911:

No one needs to be saddened when a dude with a lack of situational awareness gets offed by a corrupt government. No one should be cheering it on either.

Well no one should be cheering the Russians as they rape murder and loot their way across Ukraine but here we are.

Are we?

Idiots are literally posting Russian talking points have Z avatars and such so...

Is this justification to cede moral high ground?

Cheering the destruction of the people who are committing rape, murder, and genocide is not ceding anything. Don't be absurd.

And you asked a question, I answered it...now you're changing the topic.

Wanting YouTubers to get murdered because they don’t agree with you, excusing actual nazis because they do agree with you, advocating genocide, wanting to fight to the last Ukrainian even if it means irreversible damage to their home, and advocating nuclear war is. Of course it’s par for the course in GD bingo.

You spelled Russian propagandist in a country Russia is currently invading wrong.

What actual nazis? Be specific.

I've said multiple times that advocating for genocide against Russians is stupid.

Ukrainians are literally defending against genocide, why would they not defend to the last man?

Who is advocating for nuclear war? Again, be specific.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
Are people in this thread seriously rooting for and celebrating the death of American citizens in Ukraine?

Not caring is one thing but celebrating it is another.
View Quote

Sounds like the guy actively works against the welfare of the US, somewhat Jane Fonda-ish.

What’s your issue with the general attitude of “goodbye” in this instance?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Are people in this thread seriously rooting for and celebrating the death of American citizens in Ukraine?

View Quote

If they're actively supporting the murder of innocent people, Im not only celebrating, Im having my own personal party everytime I hear or see it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#5]

The Russian propaganda surrounding Azov is absolutely unhinged. Even Russians against the war often say stuff like:  "but there ARE Nazis there...."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Originally Posted By M-1975:

The man never served in Azov LOL, he was with 36th Marines. BTW, in a couple of shitty Russian movies about the Donbass war that I've fast forwarded through, every Ukrainian serviceman had an Azov patch on his uniform.

The Russian propaganda surrounding Azov is absolutely unhinged. Even Russians against the war often say stuff like:  "but there ARE Nazis there...."

They have to desperately hold on to their Nazi obsession; it's the linchpin to avoiding the truth: they were more brutal and less competent than the Nazis, got a much earlier start, and went in halfsies on starting the European portion of WW2 allied with the Nazis.

It's by far the biggest example of the classic Russian thing about accusing your enemies of what you're doing, with extra autistic screeching thrown in because of the butthurt about being betrayed first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:36:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By boltcatch:

It's by far the biggest example of the classic Russian thing about accusing your enemies of what you're doing, with extra autistic screeching thrown in because of the butthurt about being betrayed first.
View Quote

Yup. It's the exact playbook BLM is using.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

I suggested in a university classroom once that killing communists was always self defense and therefore legal at all times and in all places.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Oh I know. Bentley needs a dirt nap courtesy of the UAF.

I haven't heard anything about him lately, so I was wondering.

I suggested in a university classroom once that killing communists was always self defense and therefore legal at all times and in all places.

How did that go?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

You think Ukraine should roll over and submit to Russification?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Uh, what made it prohibited?
View Quote

That is a Galil 7.62 Nato Sniper Rifle, obviously Nazi Jew weaponry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
Communists aren't people.
Only people can be a citizens.
Ipso facto, Russell Bentley isn't a citizen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:40:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#11]
Originally Posted By Ruin:

Sounds like the guy actively works against the welfare of the US, somewhat Jane Fonda-ish.

View Quote

I would pay good money to see this "Texan" eat a Javelin.

If that makes me a bad person I guess if there is a heaven and hell I will hash that out then...

Felt the same way about the "Americans" that joined ISIS. Fuck em.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hiyaboa] [#12]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/m593cq/picture258929133/alternates/FREE_1140/Screenshot%20(908).png

If that makes me a bad person I guess if there is a heaven and hell I will hash that out then...
View All Quotes

https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/m593cq/picture258929133/alternates/FREE_1140/Screenshot%20(908).png

I quit drinking last year but I’ll crack a beer when he’s toast.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

I cheer the death of any communist.  I dont give a fuck what country they come from.
View Quote

This, don't you get it?  Communists are a cancer just like jihadists and they all needs to be "cured", no matter what nationality they are.  I think the worst are American commies, they were born and raised in the richest country in the world filled with opportunities to succeed yet they chose to deny people's freedom of self determination and tear this country down because of their perverse belief in social injustice.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:43:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Wulfmann:

Confession of ignorance (No disrespect intended)
Aside from Ploesti and the complete saturation bombing of Normandy to break the stalemate the only thing the allied bombing campaign did was prove we could be as murderous to civilians as the Nazis and force the Germans to become self sufficient without above ground facilities
The post war negative affects alone crippled British conscience once the public became aware of the barbarity of bomber command's intentional war on women and children
In fairness many British officers were adamantly opposed to the bombing campaign of Germany as it had no military value and was a war crime
Of course war crimes are only committed by the losers. Winners of wars can laugh at the dead bodies of children
View Quote

VERY good assessment, thank you, Sir!

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Your son was on the Moskva? Did I get that right? If so you have my greatest condolences.
View Quote

He’s translating for the parents there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

They're not going to get a say in the matter.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

That's because the USN is like: oh downtime? Fire drill!
View Quote

Asked a friend what she did in the navy. She said she was a firefighter who also worked on radios.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mancow:

How did that go?
View Quote

If I had known then what I know now about getting ass I would have held my tongue and just thought it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By hiyaboa:

I quit drinking last year but I’ll crack a beer when he’s toast.
View Quote

I mean if there is anything worth cracking a beer it would be that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By sulman:

View Quote

Ukraine or NBCMarine?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Your son was on the Moskva? Did I get that right? If so you have my greatest condolences.
View Quote

No he was interpreting a tweet from parental Orcs that were missing their Orc son, a sailor on the garbage scow formerly known as the Mokva.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:49:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Ukraine or NBCMarine?
View Quote

Go way back in the thread and see his posts.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By glockluv:

Maybe it's the propaganda working on me (genuinely, not to be snarky) I regularly see clips of the "TikTok Brigade" and it's just smiling/happy Chechens fuckin around mixed in with combat footage.

They all look and sound very Chechen.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

The Kadyrovsky aren’t all Chechens. There are Chechens fighting for Ukraine as well, they consider Kadyrov to be a Quisling. Which he is…he and his father sold thier own people out for money.

Maybe it's the propaganda working on me (genuinely, not to be snarky) I regularly see clips of the "TikTok Brigade" and it's just smiling/happy Chechens fuckin around mixed in with combat footage.

They all look and sound very Chechen.

They are Chechens…. But they are not all Chechens. They are goons in the pay of a Quisling, they are not truly representative of the Chechens as a people. If the subsidies Moscow pays to Kadyrov ever dries up, he and his men will all be dead inside of a month.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Seems like Ukraine has plenty to say in the matter lol
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:51:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anono] [#26]
Originally Posted By polishkebasa:

The rimpac 2016 video is always a cool watch, although I do not think the ship any ordnance onboard from he lack of fires but if some one knows, I would like to know!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVsnUsbJ-Xk

View Quote

I worked that RIMPAC and was directly involved with reporting those BDAs after each strike. (Unfortunately the pilot and crew who also worked those with me were some of the people who crashed earlier this year on Kauai, I posted about it, RIP). Anyways- those SINKEXs are totally apples to oranges to real combat. The ships are towed out to sea a day or two before, then Navy EOD cuts the anchor chain the morning of EX, and it drifts until sunk.

1) Those ships are almost totally void of fuel, oil, etc., not to mention ammo/explosives, and everything else that can possibly be removed- The EPA has a ton of leverage and those ships are as pristine as humanly possible.

2) The only shots that use real warheads are the final "kill" shot(s). Everything else is inert.

What you can't see is that the kill on this one was supposed to be that sub shot. However, the torpedo didn't perform as designed and failed to sink the Thatch. After that I can't remember who exactly was called in, but it was a pair of either F18s or F22s from Oahu with MK83s. By that time it was dusk and we had to RTB, so we just saw the explosions from afar. Again, if I'm remembering the coms correctly each plane got to make two runs before it went under.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Yes, because they are nazis, and corrupt. You can't get any worse than corrupt nazis.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

What's your issue with the general attitude of "goodbye" in this instance?

You know that moron (if he is still breathing that is) has no concept that once his usefulness runs out to his Russian "Heroes", they'll be just as likely to shoot him and dump him into a ditch as he thinks his own enemies will.

Nothing like fighting for freedom, by hanging your hat with a dictator.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#29]

If I had known then what I know now about getting ass I would have held my tongue and just thought it.
View All Quotes

How did that go?

Ha, I feel that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:53:50 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

They aren’t people, they are commies. You should understand this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

He was quoting, didn't lose a commie son on old Ruskie yatch.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#32]

You spelled Russian propagandist in a country Russia is currently invading wrong.

I've said multiple times that advocating for genocide against Russians is stupid.

Ukrainians are literally defending against genocide, why would they not defend to the last man?

View All Quotes

No one needs to be saddened when a dude with a lack of situational awareness gets offed by a corrupt government. No one should be cheering it on either.

Well no one should be cheering the Russians as they rape murder and loot their way across Ukraine but here we are.

Are we?

Idiots are literally posting Russian talking points have Z avatars and such so...

Cheering the destruction of the people who are committing rape, murder, and genocide is not ceding anything. Don't be absurd.

Have you not read this thread? The Ukraine neo nazi girl who killed a cop got plenty of support here, plenty are calling for a nuclear war because they foolishly believe the Russian’s nukes won’t work  Is the Ukrainian govt so vulnerable that some internet hack should be murdered? Should the Ukrainians defend to the last man? Debatable but remember before folks advocate heroic gestures like blowing up their and the EU’s pipelines remember they have to live there win or lose.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:55:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Sniper of the Donetsk People's Republic working on the positions of the Azov battalion

A resident of Ukraine filmed the arrival of Russian "Kalibr" missiles in his city

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
You know that moron (if he is still breathing that is) has no concept that once his usefulness runs out to his Russian "Heroes", they'll be just as likely to shoot him and dump him into a ditch as he thinks his own enemies will.

Nothing like fighting for freedom, by hanging your hat with a dictator.
View Quote

He would feed a few orcs they wouldn't need to cook dogs..
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:58:39 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Not familiar with that account huh?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:59:34 PM EDT
[#36]
MSNBC has Marines now.

God save us.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

I'm going to repeat myself a bit, but it's been several hundred pages...

There are at least three REALLY big caveats to Russia's performance in WWII:

1) They were receiving massive amounts of industrial and logistical support from the US. They got thousands of trucks, aircraft, raw materials, etc.

2) They were fighting a smaller enemy, and that enemy was both fighting wars on multiple fronts and subject to strategic bombing from the other side of Europe.

3) Despite points #1 and #2, they still sent millions and millions of men to their deaths, and a large percentage of those men were sourced from other Soviet states.

https://external-preview.redd.it/8CazYVBNZQaT7juHsZI7B0VYMoQ_8Add0_tHfkNRsho.gif?format=png8&s=c33622e894f049b7d0e25cf7308ce9ec74a1aad1

I wouldn't use WWII as positive supporting evidence for what Russia is theoretically capable of...
View Quote

That graph contradicts every stat graph I have ever seen. Where did it come from?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

It’s debatable. Personally I would have tried to come to terms after Biden’s state of the union when he called them Iranians. The whole speech stank of giving the Ukrainians enough aid to get the Russians really pissed but sorry you aren’t in NATO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#39]

USN damage control is truly unequalled. The british were losing ships after one missile in the falklands. The Russians larger ships after two.

View All Quotes

The OHP really proved themselves as durable little ships.  On paper the capabilities of an Slava class cruisers is an order of magnitude higher than something like an OHP, the original mission of these vessels being to attack USN carrier task forces implying they would survive at least long enough to expend their missiles. I doubt we will ever really know the exact circumstances of what happened, and there is always some luck in these situations as it seems that there might have been an hit to the RBU magazine.

The rimpac 2016 video is always a cool watch, although I do not think the ship any ordnance onboard from he lack of fires but if some one knows, I would like to know!

Here's a good video of the effects of the Joint strike missile/Naval Strike missile with a smaller warhead than the harpoon or neptune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um3_6NM6II4

USS Franklin made it home and was fully repaired. She wasn't stricken from the register until 1964.

USS Laffey was hit by four bombs and six kamikazes. She was decommissioned in 1975 and lives on as a museum today:

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#40]
MSNBC has Marines now.

God save us.
View Quote

Get out of my head!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

that would be obliteration. that's what they are faced with.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CenterMass762] [#42]

View All Quotes

I 100% want that guy to take a round to the face and I also don't give a fuck what it makes me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

It's not an apples to apples comparison; any ship out for a "SINKEX" will have no ordnance, no fuel / oil, very few combustibles, excess 'stuff' removed, no helicopters, etc.  It's not so much a test of an old ship to stay afloat, but an opportunity to expend weapons against a live ship 'target'.  I image all the hatches are sealed as well, which might not be the case with a crewed ship underway.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Roland is the Russian Troll?

The guy with an 03 join date who's posted vacation pics?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Back from a weekend of spring cleaning at the dacha.

Roland is the Russian Troll?

The guy with an 03 join date who's posted vacation pics?

I'm a Jarhead like Roland....

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#45]

It’s debatable. Personally I would have tried to come to terms after Biden’s state of the union when he called them Iranians. The whole speech stank of giving the Ukrainians enough aid to get the Russians really pissed but sorry you aren’t in NATO.
View Quote

“Coming To terms” is allowing yourself to be genocided.

Zelensky has balls and the Ukrainian people have the will to fight.

They are winning.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Not familiar with that account huh?
View Quote

I am, I just want him to say it.

There’s a reason I keep asking if Christ ought have refused the cross.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

By your logic train we should submit fully to Russia and china's desires because of MAD. I mean if resistance ultimately arrives at the same conclusion what's the point of trying?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

The OHP really proved themselves as durable little ships.  On paper the capabilities of an Slava class cruisers is an order of magnitude higher than something like an OHP, the original mission of these vessels being to attack USN carrier task forces implying they would survive at least long enough to expend their missiles. I doubt we will ever really know the exact circumstances of what happened, and there is always some luck in these situations as it seems that there might have been an hit to the RBU magazine.

Here's a good video of the effects of the Joint strike missile/Naval Strike missile with a smaller warhead than the harpoon or neptune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um3_6NM6II4

USS Franklin made it home and was fully repaired. She wasn't stricken from the register until 1964.

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/wp-content/gallery/usa/us-navy/franklin/Burning_USS_Franklin_CV-13_after_Attack_off_Japanese_Coast_19_March_1945.jpg

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/nhhc/about-us/leadership/director/directors-corner/h-grams/h-gram-043/h-043-1/_jcr_content/body/media_asset/image.img.jpg/1584725631874.jpg

USS Laffey was hit by four bombs and six kamikazes. She was decommissioned in 1975 and lives on as a museum today:

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/nhhc/about-us/leadership/director/directors-corner/h-grams/h-gram-045/h-045-1/_jcr_content/body/media_asset/image.img.jpg/1586880041068.jpg

https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-mco.s3.amazonaws.com/public/IBCGORXTXZDORJNDDQCIWGQE3M.jpeg

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/history/nhhc/our-collections/photography/numerical-list-of-images/nhhc-series/nh-series/NH-75000/NH-75432/_jcr_content/mediaitem/image.img.jpg/1582557268847.jpg

Kamikaze? On an American ship? Psshhhh. Did we just hit a sea turtle?

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

My man!

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:10:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Have you not read this thread? The Ukraine neo nazi girl who killed a cop got plenty of support here, plenty are calling for a nuclear war because they foolishly believe the Russian’s nukes won’t work  Is the Ukrainian govt so vulnerable that some internet hack should be murdered? Should the Ukrainians defend to the last man? Debatable but remember before folks advocate heroic gestures like blowing up their and the EU’s pipelines remember they have to live there win or lose.
View All Quotes

Are we?

You mean the girl that was acquitted of charges? That girl? You showed me one Nazi there, I can show you one in Russia too. You were trying to play it off as if there's nazis everywhere there.
At any rate, does she not have the right to defend her home against fascist invaders?

Yes, people rightfully doubt their nukes will work, but outside of maybe one or two outliers, nobody is advocating for nuclear war.

Agreed, they have to live there win or lose, but remember the invaders believe they have no right to be Ukrainians, no right to self determination, are you telling me you wouldn't fight to the last in that case?

This is all deflection from your first incorrect post that "nobody is rooting for Russia" when a quick peek in GD tells us all that you are FOS, and plenty of people are in fact rooting for them.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1684 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top