Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1907 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Parliament has already decided to increase expenditure to 2% of GDP, and our ties to Finland are so close that it would be political suicide not to join, even more so as it's an election year. Only the communist party and the greens are opposed to membership, and they don't matter now.

I expect a formal declaration by the PM (a Social Democrat) together with Sanna Marin within a few weeks. They've already called up the Home Guard on Gotland in anticipation of Russian shenanigans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Yes, Sweden has recognized it has under emphasized its military years ago. They have a small population but they have ideal defensive terrain and significant naval and air assets compared to their population. They possess naval and air forces greater (pre war) than Ukraine despite having roughly a quarter the population of Ukraine.

Parliament has already decided to increase expenditure to 2% of GDP, and our ties to Finland are so close that it would be political suicide not to join, even more so as it's an election year. Only the communist party and the greens are opposed to membership, and they don't matter now.

I expect a formal declaration by the PM (a Social Democrat) together with Sanna Marin within a few weeks. They've already called up the Home Guard on Gotland in anticipation of Russian shenanigans.

Does the Swedish monarch have any say on the decision?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
I don't know why NATO countries have been hanging on T-72s all this time.  It's serious disadvantages, and ineffectiveness in combat was known and well-documented during the Gulf war.  That was way back in 1991.

Money.

More like lack of...
Whether they are broke or they just preferred not to spend on defense but for social welfare
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Yes, Sweden has recognized it has under emphasized its military years ago. They have a small population but they have ideal defensive terrain and significant naval and air assets compared to their population. They possess naval and air forces greater (pre war) than Ukraine despite having roughly a quarter the population of Ukraine.

Not formally, but the PM and the Speaker of Parliament have regular meetings with the King and the Crown Princess. What they say at those meetings isn't public record, but they've definitely discussed security policy these last few months.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

Nice video of them here; concrete is a shitload faster to 'print' then plastic.

https://www.yahoo.com/video/czech-firm-3d-prints-barriers-081731674.html

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes

Czech company manufactures concrete 3D barriers for military personnel from Ukraine

A Czech technology company from the town of Žňár nad Sázavou is 3D printing concrete barriers that can help Ukrainian soldiers in battle. They are resistant to small arms, grenades, as well as anti-tank missiles and on-board machine guns. The company plans to send to Ukraine not only concrete barriers, but also 3D printers themselves, which will allow the military to build barriers closer to the battlefield. The technologies of this Czech company will be used in battle for the first time.

Printing one one-meter-high fence takes approximately 20 minutes. After printing, the concrete should dry, transportation is possible in a day. The printer prints barricades in a rounded shape, which better protects against bullets. The barriers have been tested at the ballistic centre and meet a number of NATO standards.

Or we could pour concrete into a mold.

Let’s 3D print a stone axe next!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Translation:  Russian special forces tracked down and destroys a detachment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AKaTom:

I know the local titanium mill is hiring alot of folks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKaTom:
The opportunity here for the US defense industry is incredible.

I know the local titanium mill is hiring alot of folks.

Better if they go to the one getting most of the orders...

The ex J&L specialty crowd will only end up pissing every customer off.  And they all hate PCC already anyways.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
On The Frontline With A Ukrainian Artillery Unit As It Targets Russian Forces || ITV News
View Quote

On the frontline with a Ukrainian artillery unit as it targets Russian forces | ITV News
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By realwar:
Translation:  Russian special forces tracked down and destroys a detachment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QFjmY_Hwdk
View Quote

Unimpressive to put it kindly. Where does one begin to start in on it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By kncook:

Lol. They aren’t just loose.

They are in camps.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kncook:
Originally Posted By jough43:
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

That's a great idea.  Kidnap people who hate you and move them in-country.  I see more burning buildings coming to deep inside Russia.

Lol. They aren’t just loose.

They are in camps.

Some of them are just loose.

There was an interview with a Ukrainian guy that was sent to a filtration camp and from there they literally put him on a train and dumped him at the train station in Moscow.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Sure they did
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Erno86:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v1vrxbk9EE
View Quote

I think I can count on 1 hand videos of either side I’ve seen where I thought hey that’s exactly how we do it. This ain’t one of those.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:55:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Sure they did
View Quote

I guess if we’re supposed to say nice things, it’s better than 95% of the Chechen videos.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:55:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Special Forces with ATGMs against the firing point of the UAF militants in Ukraine

UA serviceman firing with a UK NLAW at a transporting vehicle taking shelter between the tree line

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

That's a different form of 3-D printing than I was expecting, more like building forms with a robotic arm
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:56:19 PM EDT
[#16]
UAF training with 7.62x54mmR Maxim M1910/30 machine guns  (post-1941 manufactures)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1x8NkXfdag
View Quote

I love seeing the Maxim making a return.

“'Whatever happens, we have got, the Maxim, and they have not"
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
US Army is printing barracks and vehicle shelters. There is also a joint project with DOE, they have a demo at Oak Ridge IIRC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Ukraine War: 'The Next Few Weeks Will Be Critical'
View Quote

Ukraine War: 'The next few weeks will be critical'
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ludder093:

View Quote

Is there any reason to believe the russian people will do anything different regardless of if they know the truth? Because from what I've seen russian people will believe what their government tells them or, if they know better, just try to keep their heads down and do what their government tells them to do. Or they run for their lives and leave the country.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]

“'Whatever happens, we have got, the Maxim, and they have not"
View Quote

I mounted my 50cal and 1919 on Maxim Sokolov tripod. You can never have enough firepower on wheels.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Better if they go to the one getting most of the orders...

The ex J&L specialty crowd will only end up pissing every customer off.  And they all hate PCC already anyways.
View Quote

I agree. Just have a lot of friends that still work there. But yes what a crap place it has become!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Could you imagine the unholy shit-storm if some Appalachia hill folk managed to by pass all of Andrews AFB security, board Airforce 1, and start stripping it of crypto equipment?
View Quote

I’ve seen the security. If your candy bar wrapper blew over the fence you’ll probably face two Dobermans and 10 Secret Service Tier 1 dudes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I don't watch half of your videos because it makes me absolutely sick to see russians win against Ukranians. But what you're posting is fair and it is reality. So, kudos anyway.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#24]
Moscow should just contract out to Pyongyang for their videos, as North Korea seems more competent in that realm than Russia from what I’ve seen so far
Battle Of Donbas - Russian SU-25 Pilot's Perspective Of The Captured Town Of Poposna - 8th MAY 2022
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:09:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

More like lack of...
Whether they are broke or they just preferred not to spend on defense but for social welfare
View Quote

Eastern Europe doesn’t spend on welfare like the west. They have a lot of infrastructure to upgrade though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Erno86] [#28]
Ukraine War: Former Russian Prime Minister says Putin is 'losing strength'.
View Quote

Ukraine War: Former Russian Prime Minister says Putin is 'losing strength'
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

I guess they didn’t get the lesson about initiating with your most effective weapon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Ukrainian forces take out Russian targets with Howitzer units

Ukrainian forces take out Russian targets with Howitzer units

On the frontline with a Ukrainian artillery unit as it targets Russian forces

On the frontline with a Ukrainian artillery unit as it targets Russian forces | ITV News
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

I don't watch half of your videos because it makes me absolutely sick to see russians win against Ukranians. But what you're posting is fair and it is reality. So, kudos anyway.
View All Quotes

The unfortunate truth is that Russian channels are littered with just as many "hurray, us" videos as the UA channels.

This thread has had a slight lack of balance, and anyone following JUST this thread probably thinks things are pretty peachy for UA.

The Russians are scoring hits.  I'm wary of any video they put out that doesn't show any destruction, though.  They do very much like to show outgoing fire, but don't show the results as much.  This is likely directly owed to their lack of drones, which are supplying the bulk of downrange UA hits, outside of the launcher video screens themselves.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Warstache found a friend.

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I have no doubt that the Ukrainians are killing 2:1 or better. But that’s likely still 10,000 dead Ukrainians, not even counting civilians.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"About 32,000 Russians have sent inquiries to find their soldiers.

The wives and mothers of Russian soldiers are actively contacting the Ministry of Internal Affairs to find out where their husbands and sons are. The adviser to the head of the Ministry of Internal Affairs Victor Andrusiv told about it:
"Around 12,000 appeals, maybe even more, we received on our hotline, which was created just for Russian citizens. And we received about 20,000 appeals in a special bot of the Telegram channel "Look for your beloved ones"."
View Quote

That sounds ballpark. A few weeks ago Ukraine reported they had the bodies of 8,000 Russian KIAs. That number has undoubtedly gone up, call it 9,000-10,000. Add in MIAs (Russian atomized when their vehicles detonate or bodies still unrecovered), and POWs; 32,000 sounds about right.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#35]
It's official.

President Biden on Monday signed legislation that will make it easier for the U.S. to send military equipment to Ukraine as the Eastern European country battles the ongoing Russian invasion.

Biden signed the bill in the Oval Office at a ceremony with Vice President Harris. The bill, formally known as the Ukraine Democracy Defense Lend-Lease Act of 2022, passed Congress with bipartisan support last month.

Biden affirmed U.S. support for the Ukrainians "in their fight to defend their country and their democracy against Putin's brutal war."

"Every day Ukrainians fight for their lives," Biden said. "The cost of the fight is not cheap but caving to aggression is even more costly."

The bill was introduced by Sens. John Cornyn (R-Texas) and Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and allows the U.S. to lend or lease military equipment to Ukraine and other allies in Eastern Europe while streamlining the process to make it easier to do so. The bill revives a World War II-era policy that helped defeat Nazi Germany.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky cheered the bill's signing.

"Today's signing of the law on Lend-Lease is a historic step. I am convinced that we will win together again. And we will defend democracy in Ukraine. And in Europe. Like 77 years ago," Zelensky tweeted.

The bill passed the Senate in a voice vote and later passed the House in a bipartisan vote of 417-10 last month. All 10 of the "no" votes in the House came from Republicans.

The U.S. has sent military and other security assistance to Ukraine at a rapid clip as the country has fought back against Russian attacks on major cities such Kyiv and, more recently, on southern and eastern Ukraine.

In shift, Democrats de-link Ukraine aid from COVID-19 money

DeSantis signs bill establishing 'Victims of Communism Day'

Biden last week announced plans to send another $150 million in military aid to Ukraine, which the administration said has almost exhausted the funds authorized by Congress.

Lawmakers authorized $13.6 billion in Ukraine-related security, economic and humanitarian assistance in March. The White House is now asking lawmakers to authorize a whopping $33 billion in aid to help Ukraine sustain the fight against Russia over the coming months and address the refugee crisis and global economic impacts of the war.

Updated at 3:46 p.m.
View Quote

Biden signs bill to expedite military aid to Ukraine
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#36]
The last time the US sent lend lease equipment to Ukrainians to kill fascists with it worked very well.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarmelBytheSea] [#37]
Biden signed it today
President Biden to sign the "lend-lease" act of 2022
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"The Pentagon will hand over high-precision laser-guided missiles to Ukraine - the Washington Post

According to journalists, the United States plans to purchase $ 22.6 million worth of 70-mm APKWS missiles for the Armed Forces, as well as Switchblade and Puma drones."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2022-05-09_09-13-04_jpg-2377611.JPG
View Quote

It will be interesting to see if they end up used in the 'Fletcher' ground based model, possibly with L3 Harris's new Vampire system:

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Took me a bit to warm up to Trump ( remember, he was a Dumbocrat most of his life ) but now firmly believe that he has been the best president since at least Reagan. And yes, he would have smashed the russians like he did in Syria. No doubt about that.

Never trusted the russians even a tiny bit and as you can check here always considered putin to be a pos KGB thug.

So no, you're not correct in your analysis just like you usually are wrong when it comes to Trump ( which is a proof that you too are not immune when it comes to propaganda )
View Quote

But Trump said Putin’s moves were ‘brilliant’ and he agreed with them, vis-a-vis Ukraine. Until he changed his tune when he found his comments were not well regarded by his base.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:26:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1Andy2] [#40]
I wonder what kind of air defense that Dyugon-class LC has?

Maybe the one trailing behind it is a frigate or something with some kind of AD?

Man I really want to see them sink more russian ships
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Everybodygotone] [#41]
U2's Bono performs freedom concert in Kyiv metro station

U2's Bono performs concert in Kyiv metro
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Added spoiler tag to not take up space but I think MTG,Cawthorn and Gosar are who demonstrate what current policy would be and the reason for that is how he would arrived at his conclusions: from the same sources they are.

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Originally Posted By Abakan:

Took me a bit to warm up to Trump ( remember, he was a Dumbocrat most of his life ) but now firmly believe that he has been the best president since at least Reagan. And yes, he would have smashed the russians like he did in Syria. No doubt about that.

Never trusted the russians even a tiny bit and as you can check here always considered putin to be a pos KGB thug.

So no, you're not correct in your analysis just like you usually are wrong when it comes to Trump ( which is a proof that you too are not immune when it comes to propaganda )

Added spoiler tag to not take up space but I think MTG,Cawthorn and Gosar are who demonstrate what current policy would be and the reason for that is how he would arrived at his conclusions: from the same sources they are.

Click To View Spoiler

Wagner is a deniable asset….. of course the Russians denied that forces under their command were attacking US troops. They were undoubtedly snickering as they took the repeated calls on the deconfliction line to ask them to call off the attack. It was a shit-test, they staged a provocation to see what we would do about it, probably expecting they would be allowed to capture the US soldiers and humiliate them and the US for clout points like W and Obama had done. Instead, they and their Syrian proxies received a merciless thrashing that was indeed directed by Washington……at minimum the SECDEF personally, which was Mattis at the time. If the ROE mandated asking Washington for clearance to engage, I would think Mattis had to have some kind of conversation with Trump about it first.  

And once it was over Putin didn’t say or do shit about it because his bluff had been called and he knew it. That’s what deniable assets are for, anyway.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I was expecting the May 9 parade in russia to be a LOT more eventful. It seems like it was nothing but a modest demonstration and a small amount of more of the same propaganda about how me, and the entire west, and Ukranians are all nazis. And how that's why russia invaded. Along with some mild whining about how we are helping Ukraine. No declaration of war, and actually a bullshit excuse about how russia is trying to deescalate. No giant military flyover complete with the doomsday plane. No nuke weapon demonstration. None of that stuff.

Why???? I don't get it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#45]

It will be interesting to see if they end up used in the 'Fletcher' ground based model, possibly with L3 Harris's new Vampire system:

https://preview.redd.it/m5klpzyp9ay81.jpg?width=896&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ff42e2ea4942d5139cff9a709aebc5c5963e440c
View Quote

Why are we all bragging about this kind of stuff? It seems like it would be a lot better to shut up about it, and then just shrug when ukraine kicks the piss out of the russian military. Is it that important to show the world we are all in this together? Is that the whole point? "See? Look at what we are doing to help. Everybody should be trying to help." I don't get it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#46]
I was expecting the May 9 parade in russia to be a LOT more eventful. It seems like it was nothing but a modest demonstration and a small amount of more of the same propaganda about how me, and the entire west, and Ukranians are all nazis. And how that's why russia invaded. Along with some mild whining about how we are helping Ukraine. No declaration of war, and actually a bullshit excuse about how russia is trying to deescalate. No giant military flyover complete with the doomsday plane. No nuke weapon demonstration. None of that stuff.

Why???? I don't get it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:41:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By birdbarian:

Thanks for the pics link. I think it is pretty bad ass when countries keep a few of the old staples around for parades and such. The T-34, motor cycle and Su-85? were pretty cool. I'm a little surprised they had a jeep in the parade.

I know we don't really do the parade thing here, but it would be cool to see some Shermans, halftracks, Greyhounds etc driving down the street on the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
The Brits still have some WWII aircraft in an RAF squadron.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By birdbarian:
The new headline

Putin twists the truth as he declares Russia is now fighting for its survival during Victory Day parade featuring Ukraine invasion 'Z' symbols - while Doomsday jet flyover is mysteriously axed

Vladimir Putin gave a chest-beating speech to his troops during Moscow's Victory Day parade today - telling soldiers that they are now fighting for the security of the nation against what he called Western plans to invade.

Seeking to re-frame his war in Ukraine as a war between Russia and the West, he declared NATO to be the aggressor and said he is trying to deescalate the situation with a 'special military operation' which he declared to be 'the only right decision' against a 'neo-Nazi' regime in Kyiv.

He also sought to twist the truth of what is happening on the ground in Ukraine, hailing a day of 'great victory' despite Russia's battlefield defeats and telling his men they are fighting a just war despite plentiful evidence of war crimes in occupied territories.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/09/08/57577773-10796519-image-a-48_1652080143325.jpg

But he stopped short of what many had feared: An official declaration of war on Kyiv which would have allowed him to mobilise Russia's military reserves and conscript civilians in order to escalate fighting across the border.

And a planned flyover by military jets including his 'Doomsday jet' - which would allow him to continue ruling Russia in the event of a nuclear blast - was also axed at the last minute which state media said was due to bad weather, but which rumours suggested could be due to fears of attacks.

The vehicle parade is also downsized from previous years, featuring almost a third fewer than in 2020 because Russia has committed - and lost - so many of its ground forces in Ukraine.

Putin's speech came after a parade through the streets of Vladivostok that featured tanks streaming Soviet banners and 'Z' symbols emblazoned on the site of motorbikes in the orange and black colours of the Saint George's ribbon, the highest decoration of Imperial Russia.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/09/07/57576061-0-image-a-9_1652078554348.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/09/09/57579917-10796519-image-a-99_1652084450727.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/09/09/57579907-10796519-image-a-101_1652084454899.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/05/09/09/57579921-10796519-image-a-105_1652084472329.jpg

Goose-stepping soldiers followed close behind, rifles held across their chests which were emblazoned with a ribbon in the same Saint George's colours. A Soviet-era motorbike and sidecar joined them, a 'Z' symbol - which has become synonymous with Russia's war in Ukraine - stuck on the side in the same black and organ livery.

The parade in Vladivostok - which is seven hours ahead of Moscow time - took place ahead of the main parade which will process through Red Square later today. Vladimir Putin is due to oversee it, and is expected to give a speech hailing Russia's military might and drumming up support for the war in Ukraine.

But after the failure of Russia's generals to seize Kyiv and with their offensive in Donbas largely at a standstill, there will be little for Putin to cheer. That has led to speculation - denied by the Kremlin - that Putin will instead use the speech to announce a further escalation in the fighting.

Putin could use his speech to officially declare war on Ukraine instead of the 'special military operation' he is currently waging, allowing him to call up Russia's military reserves and perhaps conscript more men into the army in the hopes of turning the tide of war in his favour.

President Zelensky has warned his nation to be on high alert for missiles strikes across the country today, suspecting that Russia will try to dampen any displays of defiance using withering rocket and artillery fire.

All of which comes against a back-drop of increased nuclear threats from the Kremlin and Russian state media, adding to the lingering fear that a desperate and detached Putin could order an atomic strike either on Ukraine or its allies in order to achieve victory by shock and awe.

PICS

Thanks for the pics link. I think it is pretty bad ass when countries keep a few of the old staples around for parades and such. The T-34, motor cycle and Su-85? were pretty cool. I'm a little surprised they had a jeep in the parade.

I know we don't really do the parade thing here, but it would be cool to see some Shermans, halftracks, Greyhounds etc driving down the street on the 4th of July or Memorial Day.
The Brits still have some WWII aircraft in an RAF squadron.

Saw a YouTube a few years ago about how the Russians In (Murmansk?) salvaged a Lend-Lease Sherman out of a sunken freighter near the port then rebuilt it and got it running then included it in their V-Day parade.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#48]

I mounted my 50cal and 1919 on Maxim Sokolov tripod. You can never have enough firepower on wheels.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32274/3050_Adapter_6_jpg-2377862.JPG
View All Quotes

"'Whatever happens, we have got, the Maxim, and they have not"

Add a low seat with some pedals and a bike sproket. Added points if you throw a lawnmower engine on it and become a self-propelled.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Holy shit! It's beautiful!
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Why are we all bragging about this kind of stuff? It seems like it would be a lot better to shut up about it, and then just shrug when ukraine kicks the piss out of the russian military. Is it that important to show the world we are all in this together? Is that the whole point? "See? Look at what we are doing to help. Everybody should be trying to help." I don't get it.
View All Quotes

https://preview.redd.it/m5klpzyp9ay81.jpg?width=896&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=ff42e2ea4942d5139cff9a709aebc5c5963e440c

It's posturing for our allies and our enemies.  It's putting fence-sitters on notice of where we stand (like India), and it's solidifying things with our friendlies in Europe, many of which are shitting bricks right now.

We are WELL beyond the secret squirrel shit.  This isn't the 1980s, and we aren't playing dumb.  "Ohhh, I have no idea where they got those stingers..."

There's plenty of things happening in secret, but we are very much posturing for a wide audience.

This is in regard to all of our equipment being posted, not just the picture above... which I don't know a thing about.
Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1907 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top