Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1948 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Ukraine wins 2022 Eurovision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq9D0O0qOag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEGVYOruLk

Means they get to host 2023 Eurovision
View Quote

Fucking Awesome!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:56:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreyHat] [#2]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Believe that was evaluated as a fake.
View Quote

Yes, by idiots who think composite is wood. If there's a SME out there-
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

I will give someone 50 bucks to hit that fucker in the face with a baseball bat and film it for everyone to enjoy.
View Quote

Maybe will smiths wife will make him do it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit, I just spewed my margarita over that joke
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:17:27 AM EDT
[#5]

We are probably seeing the last major war where the human infantryman stands a chance of survival.  The future is pretty damn scary.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:51:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Featureless:
English suffers as a mix up of multiple root languages.  I fly.  You fly.  We fly.  But not "He fly." Californians often will apply consistency to highway nouns, names and numbers,  Take the freeway.  Take the I(Interstate) 5.  Take the Golden State Freeway.  But most others will simply say, "Take 5 south."

View Quote

Seems English relies heavily on inflection. The tone and cadence imparts 50% of the information.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Yeah Russian isn't like that for the most part. (I'm not an expert, but my wife is).
It's a cool language, and in fact they think English is odd...why do you need articles anyway? Does "the car" mean something different than "car?“

Well,yes,a car is different from the car.

I speak Estonian,English and German what I would call fluently but don’t actually know all of the rules of English,just what sounds and looks right. If you made me take a high school English exam where I had to dissect sentences I would probably fail but can easily pass as American when typing

Interesting how the written word filters and error corrects. Reading your posts I would have thought you were born in Kansas City.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:01:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mbinky:
Definitely a moment in this clip that rattled my sphincter.

https://i.postimg.cc/RhkJyDnF/Screen-Shot-2022-05-14-at-4-18-53-PM.png

Link To Twitter

View Quote

Shit. That is straight out of WWI.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:03:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

LOL!

You know he lives in Ukraine right?  
Have you noticed he has been helping distribute aid and fundraise also?  A lot of his fundraising is by getting the word out with his Youtube channel.  
I mean technically his having to leave his home in Ukraine for safety reasons does make him a refugee.  
I thought at the time he bought the Porsche "boy that was dumb",  I wont argue that.  But... in the end, As long as its his money that he spent.  Who gives a shit?
I think he means well,  I am not sure he is trying to be disingenuous.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:
War tourist, Johnny FD, pretends to be a war refugee for Youtube income.  He distastefully consumes free services and food for real refugees in Poland, only a few days after buying a Porsche in Kyiv.  

Link is just his title on Youtube, and I don't recommend giving him a view, and thus more income.  He's crossed a line on that video.  Of course, he's a liberal shithead raised in San Francisco.

REFUGEE OF WAR?  FLEEING UKRAINE AGAIN.

LOL!

Have you noticed he has been helping distribute aid and fundraise also?  A lot of his fundraising is by getting the word out with his Youtube channel.  
I mean technically his having to leave his home in Ukraine for safety reasons does make him a refugee.  
I thought at the time he bought the Porsche "boy that was dumb",  I wont argue that.  But... in the end, As long as its his money that he spent.  Who gives a shit?

He's a johnny-come-lately in Ukraine because of the war. Classic definition of a war tourist one finds on Youtube.  At least he is more concerned with his safety than some of the war touring youtubers.

Me, I'm 25% Ukrainian and have relatives in Lviv.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:13:45 AM EDT
[#10]

He's a johnny-come-lately in Ukraine because of the war. Classic definition of a war tourist one finds on Youtube.  At least he is more concerned with his safety than some of the war touring youtubers.

View All Quotes
War tourist, Johnny FD, pretends to be a war refugee for Youtube income.  He distastefully consumes free services and food for real refugees in Poland, only a few days after buying a Porsche in Kyiv.  

Link is just his title on Youtube, and I don't recommend giving him a view, and thus more income.  He's crossed a line on that video.  Of course, he's a liberal shithead raised in San Francisco.

REFUGEE OF WAR?  FLEEING UKRAINE AGAIN.

LOL!

He was in Ukraine for a good while before the current mess from what I understand.  
I guess he should just close up shop,  give it up and move back to California instead of putting in an actual effort and be an internet commando.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:39:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GreyHat:

There were leftovers of one on telegram last week, IIRC.
View Quote

Link to fakes and proof of said fakes?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

Really interesting thread here. Well worth the read.
View Quote

That was interesting indeed. Predicting a largescale collapse of RU forces by June-August.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Highly doubt that's orc equipment. Give em hell.
View Quote

It’s not. The words next to the watch say “on location” in Ukrainian.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Na miszti

"At the right place"

The sound  ц makes is a little hard in English
View Quote

No, means on location.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:10:37 AM EDT
[#15]

We are probably seeing the last major war where the human infantryman stands a chance of survival.  The future is pretty damn scary.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circuits:

This. Loitering munitions and PGMs, mean any static defense is doomed. You must move to survive.

Imagine a trench line with 100 or 200 grenade-dropping drones coming in multiple sorties daily. Or automated swarms. Stealthy high-flying drones identifying targets, calling in fire missions, and lasing shortly before impact if the munitions are beam riders.

The future is scary for sure.

That said, these small drones / suicide munitions are pretty easy to stop compared to 'real' munitions like an artillery shell or missile.

About half the kills I've seen on video the Russians could have prevented by parking/basing under a simple elevated tarp.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:18:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

That was interesting indeed. Predicting a largescale collapse of RU forces by June-August.
View Quote

Interesting read, particularly about Russian culture’s overly tolerant outlook toward losses leading to poor risk evaluation and thus more losses.    Assuming the Ukrainian figures are remotely accurate, the Russian officer corps is being gutted, and you can make a case that the army’s performance is in a downward spiral because of this and the lack of an NCO corps.
Worse (for everyone) is that losses in promising midrange and even upper-range personnel will mean that Russia’s military judgment will decline steeply and may lead to more dangerously unpredictable behavior in the future.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:25:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Hmmmm, Austin talked to his Russian partner and asked for an immediate cease fire and negotiation. German chancellor called Putin with same propositions. Safe to say finally collective West see the writing on the wall and there are some intelligent people still left looking at things beyond “ghost of kyev, snake island heros” propaganda.

What sucks is most was preventable and Ukrainian people did not deserve this. Sad.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Wow.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By xxflyingturtlexx:
Hmmmm, Austin talked to his Russian partner and asked for an immediate cease fire and negotiation. German chancellor called Putin with same propositions. Safe to say finally collective West see the writing on the wall and there are some intelligent people still left looking at things beyond “ghost of kyev, snake island heros” propaganda.

What sucks is most was preventable and Ukrainian people did not deserve this. Sad.
View Quote

Wat?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:

Wat?
View All Quotes

Wat?

LOL disregard, it's chaff.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:07:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#21]
Pointless.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:12:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mancow:

View All Quotes

Wat?

I'd guessed, but holy shit. LOL.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:15:10 AM EDT
[#23]

That said, these small drones / suicide munitions are pretty easy to stop compared to 'real' munitions like an artillery shell or missile.

About half the kills I've seen on video the Russians could have prevented by parking/basing under a simple elevated tarp.
View Quote

The drones won't always be these cute little homemade ones we're seeing here in this conflict. The trenches were getting torn up by 'real' munitions from the TB-2s in the Nagorno-Kharabak war.

Even with the current crop of equipment, a dropped antitank grenade will probably tear through a simple tarp, or get enough resistance to trigger and go off, and I don't think a small air gap will defeat the SFF from penetrating to the tank, track or truck underneath. It might help a bit if there's non-fake ERA - dunno for sure.

A dropped frag will still kill you through a tarp, and you can't see it coming to know to run away. Think about it - would you willingly sit under a tarp and roll a frag onto that tarp a few feet over your head?

Thermals can see through simple tarps. Anti-thermal observable tarps will need to incorporate mylar sheets (like a space blanket) or similar materials.

Anything worth hitting, with substantial overhead cover, will get tasked with a 'real' munition, be it a TB-2, Copperhead, hellfire/brimstone, etc.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:20:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 3:52:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:18:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#27]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isCh4kCeNYU
View Quote

This is not a civil war. It is a war of expansion,subjugation and extermination.

UA soldier brews up an MTLB with an RPG.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:32:48 AM EDT
[#28]
*Warning - horrible and graphic.  Cannot unsee.”
Incident happened in March - Russian tank ran over a civilian car with a family of three inside.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/uppw0c/graphic_video_old_footage_from_march_in_the/
*Warning - horrible and graphic.  Cannot unsee.*
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:35:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancow] [#29]

This is not a civil war. It is a war of expansion,subjugation and extermination.

UA soldier brews up an MTLB with an RPG.

View Quote

Yea I know but the versers still apply and match.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NH_Patriot:
Originally Posted By Wreckshooter:

Anybody know what that watch face is called on the Fenix site?

@Wreckshooter

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/52131/Screenshot_20220514-221404_Connect_IQ-2384227.jpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:04:27 AM EDT
[#32]

The drones won't always be these cute little homemade ones we're seeing here in this conflict. The trenches were getting torn up by 'real' munitions from the TB-2s in the Nagorno-Kharabak war.

Even with the current crop of equipment, a dropped antitank grenade will probably tear through a simple tarp, or get enough resistance to trigger and go off, and I don't think a small air gap will defeat the SFF from penetrating to the tank, track or truck underneath. It might help a bit if there's non-fake ERA - dunno for sure.

A dropped frag will still kill you through a tarp, and you can't see it coming to know to run away. Think about it - would you willingly sit under a tarp and roll a frag onto that tarp a few feet over your head?

Thermals can see through simple tarps. Anti-thermal observable tarps will need to incorporate mylar sheets (like a space blanket) or similar materials.

Anything worth hitting, with substantial overhead cover, will get tasked with a 'real' munition, be it a TB-2, Copperhead, hellfire/brimstone, etc.
View All Quotes

Something like this would have stopped almost all of the HEAT based munitions destroying tanks, by providing standoff distance away from the tank top. Similar to the 'rpg cages' that were basically like chainlink fence; standoff distance kills the HEAT effect.

Likewise, having a 'base' or trenchline covered by a series of tarps would frustrate aiming of the small grenade dropping drones, and would also prevent drones from flying directly into the trench. A loose tarp may also be soft enough to prevent some of the DIY impact detonators from going off.

TB2's Predators etc are a different story; thats basically the same as a regular air strike. Obviously a tarp wont work there, but infantry has survived the advent of the airstrike, mainly because there are a finite number of large air assets, and these are easier to detect.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#33]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Just a heads up but that first pagaraph are the points currently being pushed by Russian psyops via social media accounts aimed at westerners.
The second paragraph is a more general Russian talking point. And no this could not have been prevented as Russia said it had no intention of invading Ukraine remember

You saw this pop up yesterday yesterday amiright?
View Quote

No i just mentioned what happened and gave my opinion. I am American so it is not a Russian talking point.

Starting with Germany, most European countries are bracing a horrible recession; much more worse than us here in States. I would almost predict Germany taking the biggest hit here.

I hate to break it to everyone here. Ukraine lost this war. It might be as early as couple of weeks before it falls and Russia wins the war of attrition. Ukraine military is being grinded slowly.

Although the outcome is unfavorable to collective West and US; i am happy to see some people are talking about ceasefire, and agreements rather than sending more weapons to Ukraine which will result in deaths of more Ukrainian soldiers and civilians.

A mutual agreement right now is the only way West can save some faces. Economic sanctions clearly did not work, sending weapons only help getting more people killed but not the outcome. Propaganda can only go so far. When the war is lost, not much of Ukraine left, half the EU countries collapsed from energy crisis and recession nobody will care about whatever left of Ukraine.

The only way this could change would be an all out Nato military action. And nah that won’t happen…

So unnecessary…
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Abakan] [#35]

No i just mentioned what happened and gave my opinion. I am American so it is not a Russian talking point.

Starting with Germany, most European countries are bracing a horrible recession; much more worse than us here in States. I would almost predict Germany taking the biggest hit here.

I hate to break it to everyone here. Ukraine lost this war. It might be as early as couple of weeks before it falls and Russia wins the war of attrition. Ukraine military is being grinded slowly.

Although the outcome is unfavorable to collective West and US; i am happy to see some people are talking about ceasefire, and agreements rather than sending more weapons to Ukraine which will result in deaths of more Ukrainian soldiers and civilians.

A mutual agreement right now is the only way West can save some faces. Economic sanctions clearly did not work, sending weapons only help getting more people killed but not the outcome. Propaganda can only go so far. When the war is lost, not much of Ukraine left, half the EU countries collapsed from energy crisis and recession nobody will care about whatever left of Ukraine.

The only way this could change would be an all out Nato military action. And nah that won’t happen…

So unnecessary…
View Quote

What give you that idea? Inflation yes, recession no.
Your "break" is just parroting russian propaganda. Stop that shit unless you want to look like Lenins usefull idiot.
Economic sanctions are working well, but of course there need to be done more ( the russians I know are ALL telling me that russia is in the progress of imploding economic wise )
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:23:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#36]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#37]
I can’t believe Twitter let’s this guy continue to post. 100% Russian propaganda and disinformation. If you push back at him he blocks you. Deliberately left cold.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#38]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

Russia stronk. Two weeks to victory. Ukrainian collapse on Monday. Lol.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#39]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

Go look at maps of the lines from the beginning until now  and tell me with a straight face that Ukraine lost.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:17:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iggy1337] [#40]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#41]
He types English like a foreigner, too, who's not quite fully fluent.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Question: Do these orcs stealing washing machines realize without running water at home they are useless?

I think not
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:30:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7empest] [#43]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

Thank fuck the French didn't think like you in the Revolutionary War....

ETA: Tovarisch
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:30:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
View Quote

He MAY be an American, but he AIN"T from around here.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:36:47 AM EDT
[#45]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

Oh, this is gonna go over like a turd in the punch bowl. I bet you have never heard that expression.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:36:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
View Quote

Yup. In several places. “grinded”?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Something like this would have stopped almost all of the HEAT based munitions destroying tanks, by providing standoff distance away from the tank top. Similar to the 'rpg cages' that were basically like chainlink fence; standoff distance kills the HEAT effect.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I621M6ZCBMw/Tdz01se6ymI/AAAAAAAACB0/-VNXHmCpsDs/s1600/116.JPG

Likewise, having a 'base' or trenchline covered by a series of tarps would frustrate aiming of the small grenade dropping drones, and would also prevent drones from flying directly into the trench. A loose tarp may also be soft enough to prevent some of the DIY impact detonators from going off.

TB2's Predators etc are a different story; thats basically the same as a regular air strike. Obviously a tarp wont work there, but infantry has survived the advent of the airstrike, mainly because there are a finite number of large air assets, and these are easier to detect.

View Quote

Is there a liner for evading thermal?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Hmmmm, Austin talked to his Russian partner and asked for an immediate cease fire and negotiation. German chancellor called Putin with same propositions. Safe to say finally collective West see the writing on the wall and there are some intelligent people still left looking at things beyond "ghost of kyev, snake island heros" propaganda.

View Quote
If only Ukraine had given Russia a third of their country and the Ukrainian Government agreed to get on it's knees and suck Putins dick all of this could have been avoided. Let me guess, The great Russian military getting their ass handed to them trying to take Kiev was just a distraction.

If Austin has a "PARTNER" in Russia then Austin is a fucking traitor and should be hung.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#49]

So unnecessary…
View Quote

From Texas you say?
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:06:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1948 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top