BCM
User Panel

Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rca2222:

You don't drink Vegemite. It's a spread, and a fairly thick one at that.

View Quote

I prefer Marmite in the little three gram tub portions, but I was talking about that Samogan plus vodka. BTW, the pandemic crashed the mosquito hide market in Australia hard.
Monty Python - Mosquito Hunters

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hking:
Here is a little tutorial on how to make any thread better

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/363844/2022-02-20_08_14_44-OFFICIAL_Ukraine_con-2286214.JPG
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#3]

You don't drink Vegemite. It's a spread, and a fairly thick one at that.

View Quote
The important part is that it's now available in Moscow.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:01:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Reading this thread I can't help but be reminded of George Washington's sage adivice.

The nation which indulges towards another a habitual hatred or a habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. Antipathy in one nation against another disposes each more readily to offer insult and injury, to lay hold of slight causes of umbrage, and to be haughty and intractable, when accidental or trifling occasions of dispute occur. Hence, frequent collisions, obstinate, envenomed, and bloody contests. The nation, prompted by ill-will and resentment, sometimes impels to war the government, contrary to the best calculations of policy. The government sometimes participates in the national propensity, and adopts through passion what reason would reject; at other times it makes the animosity of the nation subservient to projects of hostility instigated by pride, ambition, and other sinister and pernicious motives. The peace often, sometimes perhaps the liberty, of nations, has been the victim.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WoodHeat] [#5]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
what does his sign say?

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
what does his sign say?

View Quote

"Russia, don't touch Ukraine"
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#9]
what does his sign say?

View Quote

Russia don't touch Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Nothing sells a war quite like a mass casualty event.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 7255:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Screw the trolls.

back on track

The forced conscription isn't a good look. Why do I have a bad gut feeling that a, "saboteur," is going to get where they're training these people and blow it up, so the bodies of, "revolutionary patriots defending their homeland," can be plastered all over the media?

Nothing sells a war quite like a mass casualty event.

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:15:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Third_Rail] [#11]
what does his sign say?

View Quote

Russia: don't touch Ukraine.

ETA: beat like sixteen million times.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
what does his sign say?

View Quote

Look, I washed for supper
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:17:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I know this is out there, but any chance at all Chinese troops show up in the region?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Arguing that what the Russian army has assembled is somewhere between austistic and idiotic because it’s most of their combat power and the situation is Rumsfeldian: you go to war with the army you have.
 Not only do you go to war with the army you have but in this case it is significantly more powerful than Ukraine’s armed forces in every meaningful way: their EW is stronger,air defense far more powerful,air forces many times stronger,armor force larger,artillery far more numerous and it has forced the Ukrainians to spread what they do have thinly against 3 fronts,4 if you count Transnistria. It is just outright idiotic to in any way claim that the Russian forces assembled are not a very valid risk to Ukraine’s integrity and sovereignty.

I believe that Putin believed he could bluff concessions from a weak and addled Biden,a battered Johnson,sympathetic Scholz and effete Macron. I think he miscalculated that there would be resistance to him but it doesn’t matter,he needs a win and can’t look weak. It would not matter if there was the greatest modern military miracle and Russia was stopped cold,Putin would simply spin this as a defensive war with NATO and Russia was not defeated.

Putin quite simply cannot lose. Even if nothing at all happens he shows that he “protected” Russians from Ukrainian genocide and the sad simpletons that are the average Russians will believe it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

Look, I washed for supper
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cone256:
Too bad the mods won't get rid of the Russian trolls.
View Quote
Agreed. I just untagged this thread. If the mods get off their ass and boot this guy someone please IM me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:

He’s like JohnBurns but for Spetsnaz.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shenanigunz:
Originally Posted By EvanWilliams:

Now you have spoken truth. I have no doubt younsoent alot of time in Russia.

He’s like JohnBurns but for Spetsnaz.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:

No, too cold. War with Australia would be fun though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Originally Posted By GroundhogOZ:

Do you really want a war with Russia?

No, too cold. War with Australia would be fun though.

Plus the women outnumber the men. Plenty of war brides...
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PointBlank82:
From everything I've read to date in this thread, is it the consensus that Putin is at The Point of No Return?

1) He calls this thing off, getting nothing for all the mobilization money pissed away
2) He goes into Ukraine balls deep, annexing as much as he wants, pissing off the international community and ending up with massive sanctions

Seems like he's painted himself into a corner unless he's backed by China and this is the opening move into something much bigger (as others have speculated).
View Quote

Option 3:
Market is manipulated up and down while insiders make billions on puts/calls
Industrial war complex makes billions to counter the "imminent invasion"
Final Stage: Putin rolls into the separatist region with zero casualties, officially annexing it for Russia
Putin threatens some more, gets some concessions
Everyone wins
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]

The Russians don't want war they want a dialogue
View Quote

I don't know what is worse, you being so trusting of Russian propaganda or the leftist who think Biden is the greatest. Thank you for really having me contemplate this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Everyone that does a mature analysis recognises this.
View All Quotes

The Russians don't want war they want a dialogue

Everyone that does a mature analysis recognises this.

Go drunk, your home broseph.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
This thread needs some Oplot

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]

and thats why no one take you seriously - no one wants to work with you because you disrespect your allies and indeed betray them - AFG.
View Quote

Had you guys not handed in your firearms, you could of shot the dingo before it ate your baby.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#25]
What ever happened with the T14 armada's?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:38:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#26]
Blyat
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TX-Zen] [#27]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
View Quote
After they fixed the one that broke down in the parade, they found out the rest of them broke down too

JK

I'm not sure how many have been built so far (maybe 12? Not sure) but it's not in production in any kind of serious numbers yet, or probably ever. It's too expensive to equip their entire force with, and who knows how many they will actually try to deploy
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Russians didn't have the money to fund production
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote
I think they may have cancelled it. Last I checked they kept walking the orders back.

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:42:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stoner01] [#30]
View Quote

Beat like bitch in gulag
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Should Ukraine be painting Z’s on their equipment??  

Just to fuck with the Russians troops who are trading diesel for vodka?

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#32]
Originally Posted By Jackal-FnM:

I don't know what is worse, you being so trusting of Russian propaganda or the leftist who think Biden is the greatest. Thank you for really having me contemplate this.
View Quote

I know when I talk to my neighbor I invite all of my rough looking friends over and we display our weapons on the front lawn.

Edit to add that after being here 10 years I have no doubt that some members probably do just that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:46:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By josepha1:

So it is happening on Monday !?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By josepha1:
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:
From everything I've read to date in this thread, is it the consensus that Putin is at The Point of No Return?

1) He calls this thing off, getting nothing for all the mobilization money pissed away
2) He goes into Ukraine balls deep, annexing as much as he wants, pissing off the international community and ending up with massive sanctions

Seems like he's painted himself into a corner unless he's backed by China and this is the opening move into something much bigger (as others have speculated).

Putin isn’t calling anything off. They’re rolling in there sometime tonight. It’s roughly 5pm there I believe.

So it is happening on Monday !?

Yep. Putin has just been waiting on his buddy Xi to finish hosting the Olympics. Didn’t want to distract from the CCPs propaganda show to the world how great their country is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runfrumu] [#35]

Had you guys not handed in your firearms, you could of shot the dingo before it ate your baby.
View All Quotes

and thats why no one take you seriously - no one wants to work with you because you disrespect your allies and indeed betray them - AFG.

Afganies werent allies, they were mooches.  Allies wouldnt have folded in 12 hours after us having supplied and trained them for 20 years.  They had no intention of ever fending for themselves.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:49:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

Im sure itll have, but itll happen when it happens.  This is like the 4th time US intelligence has said this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
I generally don't click the ignore button but this obnoxious obtusity is obviously intended to derail this thread.
View Quote

"Obviously obnoxious obtusity."

Oh... I LIKE that!

*grabs little notebook for notable quotes*
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

Im sure itll have, but itll happen when it happens.  This is like the 4th time US intelligence has said this.
View Quote

Was it US intelligence or the media just stating it again?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#40]

May the Ukrainians slaughter the invading Russians...
View Quote

Praying for Ukrainians, I hope they make the Russians pay dearly for every civilian casualty for every square inch of land they take.  
I still think Putin knows it will be a bloodbath, and will continue to this for a few more weeks, he's probably getting more out of this than if he actually goes in.

I also worry for us at home, this will be used for the next stage of acceleration here at home.  Nothing like smearing everyone that opposes you as Russian Agent.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Putin isn’t calling anything off. They’re rolling in there sometime tonight. It’s roughly 5pm there I believe.
View All Quotes

Can he wait until tomorrow? I've got a wedding tonight so I won't be able to follow what is going on
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:05:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Praying for Ukrainians, I hope they make the Russians pay dearly for every civilian casualty for every square inch of land they take.  
I still think Putin knows it will be a bloodbath, and will continue to this for a few more weeks, he's probably getting more out of this than if he actually goes in.

I also worry for us at home, this will be used for the next stage of acceleration here at home.  Nothing like smearing everyone that opposes you as Russian Agent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

May the Ukrainians slaughter the invading Russians...

Not his blood so he is not that concerned..
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#43]
What’s the consensus on the posture of Russia’s strategic Air Force assets?

It seems like there has been a lot of focus on their tactical and CAS type aircraft, but not as much on their bombers.

Would they use their bombers in a massive first night air campaign like the US typically does before rolling in troops and armor?

What type of IAD does Ukraine have? Do they have anything that would seriously threaten Russian bombers and interdiction/strike aircraft during the first few days of the war?

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tstorms] [#44]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

It seems like there has been a lot of focus on their tactical and CAS type aircraft, but not as much on their bombers.

Would they use their bombers in a massive first night air campaign like the US typically does before rolling in troops and armor?

What type of IAD does Ukraine have? Do they have anything that would seriously threaten Russian bombers and interdiction/strike aircraft during the first few days of the war?

View Quote

They may use them to launch missiles. There's no reason to risk those assets.

ETA: strategic bombers
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

View Quote

Russia loves artillery.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#46]
This thought just dawned on me this morning while reading this thread: I don't think Russia is EXACTLY waiting for the end of the olympics; I suspect that they'll get their athletes home before launching the war.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By sjm1582002:
Reading this thread I can't help but be reminded of George Washington's sage adivice.

The nation which indulges towards another a habitual hatred or a habitual fondness is in some degree a slave. It is a slave to its animosity or to its affection, either of which is sufficient to lead it astray from its duty and its interest. Antipathy in one nation against another disposes each more readily to offer insult and injury, to lay hold of slight causes of umbrage, and to be haughty and intractable, when accidental or trifling occasions of dispute occur. Hence, frequent collisions, obstinate, envenomed, and bloody contests. The nation, prompted by ill-will and resentment, sometimes impels to war the government, contrary to the best calculations of policy. The government sometimes participates in the national propensity, and adopts through passion what reason would reject; at other times it makes the animosity of the nation subservient to projects of hostility instigated by pride, ambition, and other sinister and pernicious motives. The peace often, sometimes perhaps the liberty, of nations, has been the victim.
View Quote

Yeah but he obviously would have wanted an exception for desert shitholes, eastern European shitholes, and islands right off china’s coast. Those are worth sacrificing our entire nation for
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:

Russia loves artillery.
View Quote

Everyone loves artillery. It's what does most of the killin'.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ar15joe:

Option 3:
Market is manipulated up and down while insiders make billions on puts/calls
Industrial war complex makes billions to counter the "imminent invasion"
Final Stage: Putin rolls into the separatist region with zero casualties, officially annexing it for Russia
Putin threatens some more, gets some concessions
Everyone wins
View Quote

This seems as likely as anything else. I'm assuming between the market manipulation and the rise in oil prices this little exercise has more than paid for itself. Maybe if Putins feeling froggy take more territory in the southeast and have a land connection and control of the water to the Crimea. Makes it look like he did something to the folks at home without risking much.

All the signs point to a full scale invasion but I don't see what's in it for Vlad unless this is part of something bigger with China, Iran etc. The natural resources of Ukraine have been mentioned but with the poor state of the Russian and Ukrainian infrastructure which would be made worse by a full scale war it would be awhile before it could be meaningfully extracted. Putin is not a young man and I think he wants tangible results now vrs down the road. I think this is all about him and his ego and not the long term benefits to Russia.
Page / 5592
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top