BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bravo!

Does this shut down mean that only “essential services” are funded?

Good, isn’t that the way it should be?  Let’s make it permanent.
View Quote
At Offutt the guys that do the inspections on the jets are civilians that are not essential since it can be delayed.  Should we never inspect the planes?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Oh boo hoo!
You were never given any guarantees working for the fed. I went through this several times in my career. No plan B? No contingencies? No savings? no TSP?
You expect .gov to owe you a job and a paycheck and a living? Talk to the hand. You don't get paid - you don't work - otherwise it's known as - slavery.
(Per OPM and EEO regs you cannot be forced to work without pay or threatened with losing your job, unless you are considered essential personnel - check it out) Your option at that point is to take LWOP or regular leave earned. You don't get back-pay? it's still LWOP....make the best of it.

And some guys never even came back home to their families.

Think it's bad now?

At least you'll get back pay. I may not even have my monthly pension deposit for next month.
View Quote
Well smart dumb ass, I am essential, and will be at work all weekend. And I prefer not pissing money away on nothing. Having that type of financial responsibility has allowed me to have enough cash that I'm really not worried about getting my pay check 4 months from now. And it's not LWOP leave. Any time away from work during a shutdown is considered furlough or AWOL.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well smart dumb ass, I am essential, and will be at work all weekend. And I prefer not pissing money away on nothing. Having that type of financial responsibility has allowed me to have enough cash that I'm really not worried about getting my pay check 4 months from now. And it's not LWOP leave. Any time away from work during a shutdown is considered furlough or AWOL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boo hoo!
You were never given any guarantees working for the fed. I went through this several times in my career. No plan B? No contingencies? No savings? no TSP?
You expect .gov to owe you a job and a paycheck and a living? Talk to the hand. You don't get paid - you don't work - otherwise it's known as - slavery.
(Per OPM and EEO regs you cannot be forced to work without pay or threatened with losing your job, unless you are considered essential personnel - check it out) Your option at that point is to take LWOP or regular leave earned. You don't get back-pay? it's still LWOP....make the best of it.

Think it's bad now?

At least you'll get back pay. I may not even have my monthly pension deposit for next month.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boo hoo!

Think it's bad now?

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpiwtfjCTV1qfwtu5o1_500.gif
What’s funny is just how quickly the government would hammer the fuck out of an employer that chose delay the pay to its employees for hours worked.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What’s funny is just how quickly the government would hammer the fuck out of an employer that chose delay the pay to its employees for hours worked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boo hoo!

Think it's bad now?

http://78.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpiwtfjCTV1qfwtu5o1_500.gif
If a private company did this kind of stuff, GD would be screaming to sue.

I really don't care about working and getting a delayed payment. I do care about literally throwing money away because Dems want people in this country illegally to be given amnesty.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
<<<No check? No worky.

What's funny is.... a pension carrot.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you are indeed essential....you will be paid. So what's the fuss about your not being able to go on vacation? Because you have to work?
You do know that you can get your money back on what you have pre-paid for your vacation?
I'm happy for you that you can even take a vacation, when most people can't. What is your major malfunction?
BTW what GS series are you and dept/where employed? That will tell me whether you are essential or not. I can, and will check this out, and we can stop the BS right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've always thought that was an odd age to pick. How did the powers that be arrive at that number
View Quote
Is not that age 57 cap for LEOs?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you are indeed essential....you will be paid. So what's the fuss about your not being able to go on vacation? Because you have to work?
You do know that you can get your money back on what you have pre-paid for your vacation?
I'm happy for you that you can even take a vacation, when most people can't. What is your major malfunction?
BTW what GS series are you and dept/where employed? That will tell me whether you are essential or not. I can, and will check this out, and we can stop the BS right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wait, your leave next week is cancelled..... because the government is shut down?

Wouldn't a shutdown mean everyone is on leave?
View Quote
When one is on leave, they are in a paid status.  Paid status uses money.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All paid leave is canceled... Annual, sick, flma, etc. Employees currently on paid leave were contacted and given the option to come back to work, or be furloughed, unpaid. As I said above, I will still probably go, assuming my manager agrees to giving me furlough days, which should happen. A bit I read today makes it sound like they are being given flexibility in issueing furlough days. I am not in the GS series. Good news would be, it won't count against my leave hours
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, your leave next week is cancelled..... because the government is shut down?

Wouldn't a shutdown mean everyone is on leave?
Craziness, huh. Almost had to draw my wife a picture
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Let me hear your sob story below this line.

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
The only thing about a .gov shutdown that pisses me off is suspension if .mil pay.

They are in a contractual service to the United States FFS. Not exactly like they can quit and go find another job.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The only thing about a .gov shutdown that pisses me off is suspension if .mil pay.

They are in a contractual service to the United States FFS. Not exactly like they can quit and go find another job.
View Quote
I would pay the Marines ...if I were them. Not one jarhead, has cried, in this thread?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am in the same boat, approved annual leave after next week, dropped a bit of cash and probably won't really get much of it back.  I am essential and time away would be AWOL or furlough both of which I would possibly not be paid for....it'll be tight depending on how long this goes for but as of now I have enough cash set aside for bills.

Most full time jobs, also have benefits...such as vacation time.  Having 2 weeks of vacation time a year is not at all abnormal or amazing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I am in the same boat, approved annual leave after next week, dropped a bit of cash and probably won't really get much of it back.  I am essential and time away would be AWOL or furlough both of which I would possibly not be paid for....it'll be tight depending on how long this goes for but as of now I have enough cash set aside for bills.

Most full time jobs, also have benefits...such as vacation time.  Having 2 weeks of vacation time a year is not at all abnormal or amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cried below the line?
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't even thi k about it until I went to get a new G17 MOS today. Did the paperwork and when he picked upnthe phone to call it in, that's when I was like "aw shit", but the lines were open as they say and I'll be looking for an rmr for it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't even get a meme...rough
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Hopefully for Good!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuckstick. Shitcanned.

OP, I like your style.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I bet not.

I bet vets, can march right the fuck onto any monument ever, on Monday.

Barrycades cannot happen.

Shutdown is a gift.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:37:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All these shutdown threads have me laughing

Meanwhile the gov employees will be back to work soon and laughing at everyone when they're retiring before 50 with full pension
View Quote
The only government employees who retire before age 50 with full pensions are military and some LEO.
Just sayin’.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:42:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only government employees who retire before age 50 with full pensions are military and some LEO.
Just sayin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile the gov employees will be back to work soon and laughing at everyone when they're retiring before 50 with full pension
Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:50:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just sayin'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin'.
25 years of service to leave before 50 for FLEO
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Am I the only one? sickened? by the .gov petty ass tears?

They should only post in the hidden forums?

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

No one but the Fed Marshall's service, Border Patrol, and the Capitol police should be armed. if any other agency thinks they need an armed raid that should be through the warrant process by the Marshall's service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No one but the Fed Marshall's service, Border Patrol, and the Capitol police should be armed. if any other agency thinks they need an armed raid that should be through the warrant process by the Marshall's service.
Not very realistic. Do you think those various agencies only arm their officers for "raids"?
There was a thread a while ago that went into numbers of armed officers for the various agencies and the tasks that the officers did that justified a need for being armed.
It didn't seem out of line to me for those officers to have defensive capabilities.

Quoted:

Retirement age would vary by state, just as with hiring age.
It used to be that you had to be younger than 29 to be hired as a LEO in NYS.
Due to court cases that's now 35.
Many states have no maximum age for recruits; people have posted here about recruits in their states that would never get hired here.
NYS mandatory retirement age for LEOs is 70, but that can be extended through waivers.
A local police chief is 72 or 73 and probably wont hang around much longer if he doesn't get another waiver.
How the recent pension changes affect retirement practices in the long run has yet to be seen.
I suspect that you'll see the current crop of new officers hang around longer, resulting in more injuries and more expenses for the agencies that employ them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 3:10:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not very realistic. Do you think those various agencies only arm their officers for "raids"?
There was a thread a while ago that went into numbers of armed officers for the various agencies and the tasks that the officers did that justified a need for being armed.
It didn't seem out of line to me for those officers to have defensive capabilities.

Many states have no maximum age for recruits; people have posted here about recruits in their states that would never get hired here.
NYS mandatory retirement age for LEOs is 70, but that can be extended through waivers.
A local police chief is 72 or 73 and probably wont hang around much longer if he doesn't get another waiver.
How the recent pension changes affect retirement practices in the long run has yet to be seen.
I suspect that you'll see the current crop of new officers hang around longer, resulting in more injuries and more expenses for the agencies that employ them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Right click, save as, off to Instagram
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#31]
So will this delay my NFA shit even further?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Can someone help out Jonny foreigner here please?

I get that the US Govt is "shutdown", but not sure what exactly that means.

The bit that is really confusing is that I've just seen some smarmy looking twat from California called Schiff claiming that the (R)s hold the senate and congress and the WH, and it should only takes a small degree of competence to keep the Govt running.

Now....I'm not very knowledgable about US politics but from what I understand it was the Dems who were holding the country to ransom in an effort to force the Reps hand on the issue of immigration, sanctuary cities and DACA (which I had to look up).

Have I got that right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FAA air traffic controllers (and quite a few other personnel) are essential and are still at work.  If they were at home air travel would stop.
View Quote
------------------------------------>The Joke

You

Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The bit that is really confusing is that I've just seen some smarmy looking twat from California called Schiff claiming that the (R)s hold the senate and congress and the WH, and it should only takes a small degree of competence to keep the Govt running.

Now....I'm not very knowledgable about US politics but from what I understand it was the Dems who were holding the country to ransom in an effort to force the Reps hand on the issue of immigration, sanctuary cities and DACA (which I had to look up).

Have I got that right?
View Quote
Sure mate.

The simplist explanation is that the shutdown means that the Federal government has reached its spending limits and can't spend anymore money.  So no one in the military, federal agencies, etc is getting paid.  Some like me are considered "non essential" personnel, which means we don't get paid and stay home.  Some are considered "essential", like Federal law enforcement, which means they go to work BUT don't get paid.  The military still go to work and keep doing their jobs, but don't get paid.

You are absolutely correct that the democrats are holding the country hostage right now over illegal aliens.

The democrat base was furious that the Dems didn't shutdown the Government before Christmas over DACA, so that's why the democrats are stonewalling over DACA right now.  To be honest, they are just looking at the future votes and support from their base and couldn't give two hoots about the children making up DACA.

Just a couple of explanations on the rest:

Although the Republicans are the majority party in Congress, they only have a slim 51-49 majority in the Senate, and it takes 60 votes to over rule a filibuster.  Schumer and the democrats are filibustering (aka, preventing a vote for passage) the spending bill that was approved by the house.   So although the Republicans control the Senate, they need the support of all 51 Republicans and a minimum of 9 democrats to get legislation through.

The liberal news media are making the claims like Shiff did that the Republicans control Congress so they should be able to get a bill passed.  They are deliberately leaving out that because of the slim majority, it takes democrat help to prevent a filibuster and to get the new spending bill though.  Just a small way they are trying to spin this to make it the Republican's fault and not Schumer and the democrats.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If the government has shut down and is not doing anything for us, we should not have to pay taxes during the shutdown.
View Quote
BiNGO
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#36]
"non-essential" government employees should be "non-existant".
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey it's great, we can drive on the Skyline Drive for free till it's "game-on" with the .gov again.....You just have to do your business in the woods because all the visitor centers/bathrooms are closed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:56:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sure mate.

The simplist explanation is that the shutdown means that the Federal government has reached its spending limits and can't spend anymore money.  So no one in the military, federal agencies, etc is getting paid.  Some like me are considered "non essential" personnel, which means we don't get paid and stay home.  Some are considered "essential", like Federal law enforcement, which means they go to work BUT don't get paid.  The military still go to work and keep doing their jobs, but don't get paid.

You are absolutely correct that the democrats are holding the country hostage right now over illegal aliens.

The democrat base was furious that the Dems didn't shutdown the Government before Christmas over DACA, so that's why the democrats are stonewalling over DACA right now.  To be honest, they are just looking at the future votes and support from their base and couldn't give two hoots about the children making up DACA.

Although the Republicans are the majority party in Congress, they only have a slim 51-49 majority in the Senate, and it takes 60 votes to over rule a filibuster.  Schumer and the democrats are filibustering (aka, preventing a vote for passage) the spending bill that was approved by the house.   So although the Republicans control the Senate, they need the support of all 51 Republicans and a minimum of 9 democrats to get legislation through.

The liberal news media are making the claims like Shiff did that the Republicans control Congress so they should be able to get a bill passed.  They are deliberately leaving out that because of the slim majority, it takes democrat help to prevent a filibuster and to get the new spending bill though.  Just a small way they are trying to spin this to make it the Republican's fault and not Schumer and the democrats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have I got that right?
Sure mate.

@dreiwhit

Thank you for taking the time to explain it.  Appreciated

Wasn't aware the majority was that slim, nor the ease with which the Dems could unblock the "shutdown", were it not for them holding the nation to ransom.

Will this cost the Dems votes or all they going to go all out and blame it on Trump?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Bravo!

Does this shut down mean that only “essential services” are funded?

Good, isn’t that the way it should be?  Let’s make it permanent.
View Quote
No it means essential services provided by myself and others will have to report to work and not be paid.  At least my branch, meanwhile non-essential employees will get furloughed and then backpay further fueling the rheotoric that all government employees are pond scum.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh boo hoo!

Think it's bad now?

I feel your pain, that guy sounds real pleasant.  Hope you get your vacation worked out.  FYI we were guaranteed vacation time LOL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Never mind, its the weekend, it always shuts down on the weekend.  However, what would be glorious, is to have these fuck sticks come back in the future, only to find, that while they were taking their paid vacation, Trump did some down sizing.

Oh, I'm sorry we've cut the EPA by 90% and you're not part of the 10%.

"You worked for the department of education?  Yeah, well we shit canned that department, I'm sure you will be able to find something in the private sector for about half the pay and BTW you will have to be on Obamacare... sucker."

"Department of energy? Yup its gone too but I hear they're looking for truck drivers in North Dakota, ya got any experience driving big rigs?  Yeah yeah I know the DOT has more regulations than a bird has feathers, don't worry we slashed the shit out of that agency too, you won't have any problems now, just don't let any of those riggers know where you came from.  One last thing, you better learn how to drink Budweiser."

"Mr. Rodriguez, I see you worked for the BLM...bummer, we gave control of that land back to the states.  That's the good news, the bad news is we did some checking on you and it looks like you have a false SS and you are actually here illegally.  Sorry, you're going back.  We've taken the liberty of packing your belongings, they're on that bus, it leaves in 10 minutes, be on it."

It would be glorious.  Let's have some fun, add your fantasy scenario.
View Quote
So, I'm A "FUCK STICK" and I'm on "paid vacation?"  Keeping it classy, OP.

Yep, illegal aliens still have to be processed, prosecuted and sent back, even during a "government shutdown."  The fact that I might not get a paycheck for the next whatever time, but my bills aren't going to get shut down and still have to be paid is immaterial, right?
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
If, by "full pension" you mean 34%.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Just sayin’.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sayin’.
That's a small minority because to retire before 50 you are going to need to accumulate a total of 25 years of federal service.  Its possible if you served and bought back your military time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@dreiwhit

Thank you for taking the time to explain it.  Appreciated

Wasn't aware the majority was that slim, nor the ease with which the Dems could unblock the "shutdown", were it not for them holding the nation to ransom.

Will this cost the Dems votes or all they going to go all out and blame it on Trump?
View Quote
The Dems will blame Trump.  The republicans will resort with the truth which has an uphill battle since even CNN was pushing the bullshit that “the republicans have control so why is it Schumer’s fault”.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yep, illegal aliens still have to be processed, prosecuted and sent back, even during a "government shutdown."  The fact that I might not get a paycheck for the next whatever time, but my bills aren't going to get shut down and still have to be paid is immaterial, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Never mind, its the weekend, it always shuts down on the weekend.  However, what would be glorious, is to have these fuck sticks come back in the future, only to find, that while they were taking their paid vacation, Trump did some down sizing.

"You worked for the department of education?  Yeah, well we shit canned that department, I'm sure you will be able to find something in the private sector for about half the pay and BTW you will have to be on Obamacare... sucker."

"Department of energy? Yup its gone too but I hear they're looking for truck drivers in North Dakota, ya got any experience driving big rigs?  Yeah yeah I know the DOT has more regulations than a bird has feathers, don't worry we slashed the shit out of that agency too, you won't have any problems now, just don't let any of those riggers know where you came from.  One last thing, you better learn how to drink Budweiser."

"Mr. Rodriguez, I see you worked for the BLM...bummer, we gave control of that land back to the states.  That's the good news, the bad news is we did some checking on you and it looks like you have a false SS and you are actually here illegally.  Sorry, you're going back.  We've taken the liberty of packing your belongings, they're on that bus, it leaves in 10 minutes, be on it."

I'm assuming your in ICE, keep your head up man I'm on my paid vacation at work not doing anything according to the majority of people here.  I laugh at these threads because most people have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm assuming your in ICE, keep your head up man I'm on my paid vacation at work not doing anything according to the majority of people here.  I laugh at these threads because most people have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
"non-essential" government employees should be "non-existant".
View Quote
Yawn.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Regarding the two soldiers killed at NTC:

No death gratuity, military funded travel for the bereaved family, military funeral or memorial during the shutdown.

https://www.facebook.com/usawtfm/posts/10156276328823606
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep just let all those inmates out cause they didn't do nuffin
View Quote
No, letting them out is a lot of work. Just stop feeding them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top