Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 415
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This is actually the THIRD time they are back-loading on Ben in the last 23 months.
Signed a back ended two year extension in April 2019.
Restructured pushing back $9.5M to 2021 in March 2020.
Now signing an extension with a restructure in March 2021.

Edit: Fuck all that other shit, turns out they did convert to signing bonus but added 4 void years, extending him out to 2025 (technically, but all comes due on release).
View Quote

Quoted:
Just deleted all that other shit because the tweet sources were assholes and misreported the facts. HERE is what has happened based on the most recent tweets (which could still be fucking wrong, dicks).
  • Ben accepted a $5M pay cut. It was removed from his 2021 $15M roster bonus.
  • They took $3M from his $4M base salary, and then the remaining $10 roster bonus and converted it into a $13M signing bonus.
  • They added FOUR void years (contracted to 2025). This spreads the $13M signing bonus over 5 years.

Long and skinny:
2021: $25.85M cap hit
2022-2025: $10.4M dead money, either all paid in 2022, or with a June release it will be $2.6M in 2022 and $7.8M in 2023.
View Quote
Steelers screwing themselves again with all the backloading.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Speaking of punting: the Chiefs’ punter had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a punter in the Super Bowl.  Was that extremely out of character for him?
View Quote

From what I've seen, yeah it was.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of punting: the Chiefs’ punter had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a punter in the Super Bowl.  Was that extremely out of character for him?

That first punt was decent but the re-punt after the penalty was terrible and resulted in a dagger to the heart for the Chief's momentum.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I was watching this after it popped up in my recommendations and I couldn’t help but notice Joe Buck is calling arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history and he sounds like he’s placing an order at a drive thru.

Helmet catch is at 4:35.

Final 2 Minutes Of Super Bowl 42

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Speaking of punting: the Chiefs' punter had one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a punter in the Super Bowl.  Was that extremely out of character for him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was scheduled to be a $4.5M cap hit, has $2M dead cap, frees up $2.5M.

He's a pretty decent punter as well. This offseason is nuts. So many decent/good guys will be available in FA and there will be so little money to actually get them.

GB's punting has been rather inconsistent with JK Scott, a guy like Morestead could help stabilize that but at what cost? They cant sign him for a normal contract, they don't have the money, aka the same reason he was cut.

Speaking of punting: the Chiefs' punter had one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a punter in the Super Bowl.  Was that extremely out of character for him?

In 2020 he was 16th in net yards per punt at 40.4 yards.

In Super Bowl:
51 yards, bounces at the 7 into end zone, 31 net.
27 yards, pushed it out of bounds.
Fumbled the snap, rush kicked, 56 yard punt, 54 net, penalty, had to re-kick.
From the end zone, 29 yards, pushed it out of bounds.

Kid was a rookie this season, I'm sure he was quite nervous, he only had to punt once in the post season until the SB, but he was average all year, and then his two decent kicks were wiped out from a bounce and a penalty.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
arguably the greatest play in Super Bowl history

Helmet catch
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
League office released the official carry over/reimbursement cap numbers for all the teams. This number is added to the official cap to show a teams true cap.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
League office released the official carry over/reimbursement cap numbers for all the teams. This number is added to the official cap to show a teams true cap.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Evq8v8eXEAMMDTG?format=png&name=small
View Quote

How is that number derived?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Evq8v8eXEAMMDTG?format=png&name=small

Tons of things are included in it, but as an example, there are two types of incentives, LTBE (likely to be earned) and NLTBE (not likely to be earned). LTBE is applied immediately to the cap for that year (2020 in this instance), but if the player then fails to meet the incentive, that cap hit is refunded back to the following year cap (2021).

Other examples include returned signing bonus money, negated roster/workout/game bonuses, etc.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Skip Bayless signs 4 year $32 million deal with Fox after ESPN's failed reunion attempt. ESPN reportedly offered between $26.5 million and $31 million to reunite Skip with Stephen A Smith.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Well... That's one way to do it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Also the Best Football Player In The World claims God has talked to him, so...
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 7:57:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well... That's one way to do it.

https://i.imgur.com/EZH4Zjo.png?1
View Quote

My dumbass cousin did something similar for a $10 (IIRC) dare.  He said the first few seconds were horrible, but after that your body gets, more or less, use to it and it’s not bad at all.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Rodgers saw aliens, so there's that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My dumbass cousin did something similar for a $10 (IIRC) dare.  He said the first few seconds were horrible, but after that your body gets, more or less, use to it and it’s not bad at all.
View Quote

Is your cousin from TX as well? I know it's a thing people up here do, but I imagine someone from the south or southwest doing it would be hilarious.

I always thought the whole idea was kinda dumb, but on the other hand I'll go ice fishing and things happen...so...stones and glass houses I guess.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Skip Bayless signs 4 year $32 million deal with Fox after ESPN's failed reunion attempt. ESPN reportedly offered between $26.5 million and $31 million to reunite Skip with Stephen A Smith.
View Quote

FFS both of them are retarded blowhards.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:38:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

My dumbass thought he was in the ocean somewhere. I was like, how the fuck is he able to keep the waves away from him in the shape of a box
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:49:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is your cousin from TX as well? I know it's a thing people up here do, but I imagine someone from the south or southwest doing it would be hilarious.

I always thought the whole idea was kinda dumb, but on the other hand I'll go ice fishing and things happen...so...stones and glass houses I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kentucky.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My dumbass thought he was in the ocean somewhere. I was like, how the fuck is he able to keep the waves away from him in the shape of a box
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now that you mention it, I guess it does kinda look like that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Kentucky.
View Quote

Probably at least used to a little cold then, but still probably hilarious.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Now that you mention it, I guess it does kinda look like that.
View Quote

Would look even more like that if he was out on something like Lake Winnebago where you might not be able to see shore. Not to mention the ice heaves that legit look like frozen waves.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Based

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:42:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Based

View Quote

Comments are salty.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:43:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Based

View Quote

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/29/22205181/nfl-russell-okung-not-paid-bitcoin-debunk-carolina-panthers-cryptocurrency

He claims to have put half his salary into bitcoin.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Kansas City Chiefs and GEHA (pronounced G.E.H.A.) today announced that GEHA will be the exclusive naming rights partner for Arrowhead Stadium. Beginning with the 2021 NFL season, the home of the Chiefs will be GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.

GEHA and the Chiefs are committed to ensuring Arrowhead Stadium remains the identity of the stadium.

"We are extremely proud and excited to announce our naming rights agreement with GEHA. When we set out to find a partner for the field at Arrowhead, it was critical to identify a national leader that shares our core values, as well as a deep connection to the local community and respect for Chiefs Kingdom," Chiefs President Mark Donovan said. "Our relationship with GEHA over the last few years has only served to reinforce the alignment between our two organizations and proven their strong, long-standing relationship with the local community. This expanded partnership will continue to build lasting health and wellness programs that support the team, GEHA and our community."

Even with that caveat, I still don't like it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#27]
To make today a double-whammy, the Shermanator retired today.

His exit is about like his training camp entries.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:30:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't heard of him. What's with the plate carrier?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Autographed Tom Brady rookie card sold for $1.32M at auction. Set the new football card record by $500k.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was one of the best FBs in the league.

I think the crazy bastard is actually going to be a LEO.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:26:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably retired because of those bastards giving his truck away
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

there's no way THAT many people watch that fucking moron. he's a fucking idiot. he has terrible takes. nothing is backed up by any facts. i'm baffled he draws that much of an audience, let a lone a damn bidding war.

i also hope this pisses of max kellerman.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#33]

Freed up $3.25M. Was on the IR/Covid list pretty much all last year.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#34]

They converted $11.4M of salary into a signing bonus and added two void years to the contract. Really helps for 21, but holy fuck is his cap now stacked for 2022 and 2023 ($22M, $23M).
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Break down of the JJ contract. Again, it is $28M for 2 years, with $3M in incentives. $20M guaranteed. $12M signing bonus.

21: $2.5M base salary, $2.4M signing bonus, $4.9M cap
22: $13.5M base salary, $2.4M signing bonus, $15.9M cap, $15.1M dead cap
23: void year, $2.4M signing bonus
24: void year, $2.4M signing bonus
25: void year, $2.4M signing bonus

Because of the way they structured it though, they might as well have just made it 100% guaranteed since the dead cap in 22 is equal to the regular cap hit, so there is ZERO possibility of him getting cut in the 2nd year.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You missed the Scar?
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvuyDNiXYAEemqL?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Talking heads yesterday were saying there was a chance Denver would be interested in bringing him in to compete with Drew for the starting job.

Chicago will likely be interested, but they are interested in about 30 quarterbacks right now.
Still hearing Jacksonville as a veteran backup to Lawrence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You missed the Scar?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You missed the Scar?

I guess that would be lumped in as the same question.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Talking heads yesterday were saying there was a chance Denver would be interested in bringing him in to compete with Drew for the starting job.

Chicago will likely be interested, but they are interested in about 30 quarterbacks right now.
View Quote

I hate to say it, but if I was a GM I wouldn't be interested.

When I heard he can't lift his foot that gave me a horrible visual of him injuring himself again because of that immobility.

He's still a decent QB, but at this point my expectation would be he is more likely to leave the field on a cart than lead the team into the playoffs/SB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When I heard he can't lift his foot that gave me a horrible visual of him injuring himself again because of that immobility.

He's still a decent QB, but at this point my expectation would be he is more likely to leave the field on a cart than lead the team into the playoffs/SB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I buy into the Jacksonville idea the most still. I think he could be a locker room leader and really benefit a rookie QB like Lawrence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:28:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I guess that would be lumped in as the same question.
View Quote

Sherman is a great guy, a good ole boy. Ironic since he is from Connecticut. Wouldn’t be surprised one bit if he has at least browsed ARF.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Freed up $3.25M. Was on the IR/Covid list pretty much all last year./quote]

Steelers should resign him.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Steelers should resign him.
View Quote
There are TONS of offensive lineman that are becoming cap casualties that will be available for 50 cents on the dollar this off-season. Lots of veteran talent out there for cheap. I am super interested in seeing everything that happens this year.

We already had the Raiders cut Tyrell Williams at $11M and he signed with the Lions at "up to" $6M (so probably $4-5M w/incentives).

Trying to remember his name, but a lineman was released from a 2 year $10M deal and just signed somewhere else on a 2 year $5M deal.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#45]

It's a 1 year deal with FOUR fucking void years which also includes past restructured bonuses.

What does that mean? $4M cap hit  in 2021, but a $19M dead cap. Will leave the eagles with a $15M dead cap on him in 2022 unless they sign and extend him again (he will be 35 at that point).

This void year shit is getting ridiculous. They extended him on void years twice, two years in a row, and now have cap from 3 different contracts/restructures extended out 4 years past his ending contract season.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvuyDNiXYAEemqL?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

really wish he never had that gruesome injury, and he could've lived up to his potential.

was he gonna take the skins to a super bowl? no, but even after that injury he had a clear impact on the team.

wish this guy the best.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Which is why I buy into the Jacksonville idea the most still. I think he could be a locker room leader and really benefit a rookie QB like Lawrence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Minshew

I'm just not sure if Smith would want to take on the backup/mentor role at this point. He made his money, he has a family, and he battled back from injury and proved he could do it. Now all he has to look forward to is riding the pine for a team that is likely years away from playoff contention? I'd just go be rich with my hot wife.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Or Minshew

I'm just not sure if Smith would want to take on the backup/mentor role at this point. He made his money, he has a family, and he battled back from injury and proved he could do it. Now all he has to look forward to is riding the pine for a team that is likely years away from playoff contention? I'd just go be rich with my hot wife.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Minshew

Some of those guys just can't/won't give up. Matt Hasselbeck rode the pine behind Luck for 3 years, obviously he got to play due to Luck's injuries. But that dude didn't need any more money, he was old and beat up. He had nice looking wife and kids just like Smith.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#49]

What? Is Taylor Heinicke not good enough!?

The QB carousel keeps on turning.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

there's no way THAT many people watch that fucking moron. he's a fucking idiot. he has terrible takes. nothing is backed up by any facts. i'm baffled he draws that much of an audience, let a lone a damn bidding war.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The silver lining.
Page / 415
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top