Site Notices
Page / 647
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From Steelers Wire (USA Today) as well as Sports Illustrated, in what is a giant fucking nothing-burger report... Browns beat reporter Mary Kay Cabot says the Steelers would be interested in signing Baker Mayfield if the Browns released him.

Well no shit Sherlock. If the Browns straight up cut Mayfield, paying him his $19M to walk away, there would be plenty of teams who would be interested in talking to Mayfield about a cheaper contract as a free agent.

Thanks for nothing.
View Quote

it's pretty interesting seeing teams request a pick from the browns to take on baker. I'm gonna assume a starter will get hurt in training camp and force a team to take on baker. just my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Spent 5 years in Seattle, last year in KC.

He had 1 really big year in Seattle, outside of that he has just been okay. Good for a couple sacks a year, maybe a QB hit per game or so. Nice depth/experience to have as long as they didn't pay much.
View Quote

Shouldn't those guys be signing some WR help (like Landry) or are they not going to address it at all?  Rodgers isn't going to throw to some rookie.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Shouldn't those guys be signing some WR help (like Landry) or are they not going to address it at all?  Rodgers isn't going to throw to some rookie.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spent 5 years in Seattle, last year in KC.

He had 1 really big year in Seattle, outside of that he has just been okay. Good for a couple sacks a year, maybe a QB hit per game or so. Nice depth/experience to have as long as they didn't pay much.

packers adress an area of need to help Rodgers??

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like....H list famous? Those names don't ring a bell at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice to see Kaepernick constantly trending on twitter.  The woke cucks sure are pushing hard.

these twitter guys who got twitter famous on the back of trump are something else.

Like....H list famous? Those names don't ring a bell at all.

like G list famous

I'm talking about guys who rose to 'a million followers' during trump's presidency b/c they nonstop tweeted about how horrible trump was. these guys were mostly shills for the dems, but people actually like what they tweet and think their tweets have depth. it's quite funny.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

have you been happy with the dolphins offseason?
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's roughly $19mil for a guy that one good season. Only a one year on his contract. He's has enough drama already that the price and talent make it tough pill to swallow.

Baker is going to make that money regardless. The Browns are either going to eat it or pay draft capital for someone else to. Unless a starter on a contender goes down in the preseason he doesn't have a market.
View Quote
Prediction:

- Browns can't unload Baker.
- Baker and Watson on same team.
- Baker converts Watson to Jebus.  
- Watson becomes reformed man.
- Watson starts to suck.
- Turns out his only motivation to play was to get butthole massages.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 8:44:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

have you been happy with the dolphins offseason?
View Quote
I think they should have been more aggressive on Collins. RT was a bigger need IMO but I'm not unhappy thus far.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#11]
[Cam Marino] Daniel Jeremiah says that the #Panthers, #Falcons, and #Seahawks are teams to watch for QB Malik Willis.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
NFL Breaking Unwritten Rules

Start at 2:14/15...some Miss Cleo type shit, especially for a Bills fan
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[Cam Marino] Daniel Jeremiah says that the #Panthers, #Falcons, and #Seahawks are teams to watch for QB Malik Willis.
View Quote

So every team that doesn’t have an answer at QB is interested in the top prospect. Amazing reporting.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#14]
This is making the rounds on social media and the SJWs are getting triggered:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
[Bleacher Report] Odell is open to a reunion after team traded for Deshaun Watson

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:24:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Russ already throwing to the starters.

I like where this is heading. Hoping we draft 3 or 4 offensive linemen and a couple corners in the draft for depth.  I'm ready for the season to start.

Eta After nearly ten years, you'd think I would have figured out how to embed tweets.  Nope.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Last year was his best season statistically, he was filling in a lot for injured guys, but it still isn't a signing worth getting excited about. He's a depth/back up guy. If the Chiefs are starting him... Well... That's not the best outcome.

Better than Sorensen I guess.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Top selling jerseys in Germany in the first month after announcing they would have NFL games next season:
1: Tom Brady
2: Pat Mahomes
3: Aaron Donald
4: Rob Gronkowski
5: Aaron Rodgers
6: Cooper Kupp
7: Jakob Johnson
8: Joe Burrow
9: Mac Jones
10: Matt Stafford

One of these is not like the others... Jakob Johnson was born in Stuttgart Germany.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/01/fa/bc/01fabc1fb04e559d8970f72faed7b7dd.gif
View Quote

If this goes through I will rescind my statement about the Chiefs stomping the Broncos.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have mixed feelings about this, but I think it's very unlikely this works out in the Chiefs favor.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

The offer was to make him one of the highest paid receivers? They offered him Christian Kirk money didn't they..
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The offer was to make him one of the highest paid receivers? They offered him Christian Kirk money didn't they..
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Two valid justifications:

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His CURRENT contract has the same avg yearly as Kirk's new contract. So I would assume they must have offered him something higher than that right?

Godwin, Mike Williams, DJ Moore and Amari Cooper all just got deals at $20M avg yearly. I would assume the Chiefs probably offered him the same amount, $20M a year, and Hill probably said no. He wants that Davante money.

Edit: And this just popped up.

Chiefs want the Jamal Adams trade deal. Two 1sts for a guy on the last year of his contract who you will then have to make the 1st or 2nd highest paid player at his position.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#26]
@ludder093

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@ludder093

View Quote
If they want to give up multiple 1st round picks and then pay Hill $25M per year, I'm all for it. Do it. I dare you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Two valid justifications:

View Quote

Yikes. Considering how good this draft class is for receivers...
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Now there's noises about Edelman un-retiring and coming to Tampa.

Big grain of salt there, just based on Julian catching some practice throws on a Brady Twitter post.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#30]

Sounds like this has already been in the works for a while.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
His CURRENT contract has the same avg yearly as Kirk's new contract. So I would assume they must have offered him something higher than that right?

Godwin, Mike Williams, DJ Moore and Amari Cooper all just got deals at $20M avg yearly. I would assume the Chiefs probably offered him the same amount, $20M a year, and Hill probably said no. He wants that Davante money.

Chiefs want the Jamal Adams trade deal. Two 1sts for a guy on the last year of his contract who you will then have to make the 1st or 2nd highest paid player at his position.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is why I'm warming up to the idea.

If the Chiefs can find a team with Raiders-esque management skills to bite that hook, they'll clear $20M in cap space now, avoid a big future obligation to an aging receiver, and get some premo picks? That's... not bad.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Now there's noises about Edelman un-retiring and coming to Tampa.

Big grain of salt there, just based on Julian catching some practice throws on a Brady Twitter post.

View Quote
He retired due to a lingering knee injury that kept sidelining him, you could tell he really didn't want to leave the game yet. If he managed to actually get it corrected and is back to 100%, I could see him wanting to come back.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#33]
God damn! Bass must wake up every morning like…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
God damn! Bass must wake up every morning like
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/mal-660.gif
View Quote
This morning the Chiefs signed a back-up Safety, and may lose their best receiving threat...

But they also may get two 1st round picks and more...

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@ludder093

View Quote
not sure how I feel about that. But, Hill and Waddle on the same team would be nasty.

Edit. Not for 2 firsts + a massive contract.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#38]

The Jets are absolutely my preferred destination for him.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#40]
he could take a little less and make more in MIA b/c of no state taxes in FL.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

what the hell is his dog in the fight?
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Calimari and Groot are watching this off-season quarterback and wide receiver carousel and just drooling. If the Cards and Ravens won't, someone is going to pay those two a ridiculous amount of money.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Another guy who is loving this shit is DK Metcalf. Entering the final year of his rookie deal, no 5th year option available on him, and that dude ain't taking no fucking home town discount. Sure as shit not after Wilson left. Get ready for a 5 year $125M+ contract.

Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#44]
MVS is visiting KC today.

JuJu, MVS, a high end rookie WR, and maybe a WR received in the trade could be a pretty solid WR set.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

JuJu, MVS, a high end rookie WR, and maybe a WR received in the trade could be a pretty solid WR set.
View Quote

I think you're entering the Alonso Mourning phase...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:57:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
At least it would be cheap.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

Tyreek is a high mileage player with a building injury history, and there's a VERY low chance his speed lasts through the next contract.

I recognize the value he provided to the team, but this could be a really solid business move.

The rest of the division loaded up on win now deals, about half of which are unlikely to work out. The Chiefs deciding not to cling to aging players like Hill and Mathieu and going younger is rational.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top