Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People like pushing their limits, especially for an actual or perceived payoff.

Why do I go sit in a blizzard to hunt deer? I could be in my PJ'S next to a fireplace, sipping a drink, and ordering cheeseburgers on Doordash. Instead I'll be shivering on some ancient rickety deer stand with icicles hanging from my facial hair. Even without seeing a deer it's fun. Man vs nature.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They found Rodgers' hole. Via ESPN:

Scott Berman is the owner of Sky Cave, a darkness retreat facility on hundreds of forested acres in southern Oregon. Berman said the room in which Rodgers spent his time is a partially underground, Hobbit-like structure with 300 square feet of space, devoid of light, with a queen bed, a bathroom and a meditation-like mat on the floor. It is fully powered, so at any point, the lights can be turned on from inside the room.

The retreat has three dark rooms and is booked for the next 18 months, Berman said, with a waitlist in the hundreds. Seven more rooms are planned to help accommodate the demand.

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134955_1216x1216cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134956_6000x4000cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

Colin O'Brady, an endurance athlete who has summited Mount Everest twice, crossed Antarctica solo and finished the "Explorer's Grand Slam" in record-breaking time, completed an eight-day, seven-night darkness retreat earlier this month and stayed in the same room as the one Rodgers occupied.

A self-described extrovert, O'Brady said the darkness was a chance to rest, reset and refocus.

"People always ask me what's more important, the physical or the mental side of that?" he said. "If you take my first solo crossing of Antarctica ... to be able to pull a 375-pound sled, one mile, let alone a thousand miles, there's a minimum physical requirement for that.

"So of course, I train my body to get stronger to sustain the physical challenge of that. But I often say the physical side of that is just the table stakes. There are a lot of people that could pull that sled a certain amount of distance, but that basically just gets you to the starting line."

"I'm always looking for ways to tap into the power of my mind," he said, "and I thought the exercise of being alone in the dark would really be advantageous in a number of ways, emotionally, spiritually."

Nice racket. To each their own but its amazing what people with a lot of (too much?) money can spend it on.

Why do I go sit in a blizzard to hunt deer? I could be in my PJ'S next to a fireplace, sipping a drink, and ordering cheeseburgers on Doordash. Instead I'll be shivering on some ancient rickety deer stand with icicles hanging from my facial hair. Even without seeing a deer it's fun. Man vs nature.

One of those does not seem like the other. This a man vs a light switch. My point was more of how rich people spend money on odd things...
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They found Rodgers' hole. Via ESPN:

Scott Berman is the owner of Sky Cave, a darkness retreat facility on hundreds of forested acres in southern Oregon. Berman said the room in which Rodgers spent his time is a partially underground, Hobbit-like structure with 300 square feet of space, devoid of light, with a queen bed, a bathroom and a meditation-like mat on the floor. It is fully powered, so at any point, the lights can be turned on from inside the room.

The retreat has three dark rooms and is booked for the next 18 months, Berman said, with a waitlist in the hundreds. Seven more rooms are planned to help accommodate the demand.

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134955_1216x1216cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

https://a2.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2023%2F0222%2Fr1134956_6000x4000cc.jpg&w=570&format=jpg

Colin O'Brady, an endurance athlete who has summited Mount Everest twice, crossed Antarctica solo and finished the "Explorer's Grand Slam" in record-breaking time, completed an eight-day, seven-night darkness retreat earlier this month and stayed in the same room as the one Rodgers occupied.

A self-described extrovert, O'Brady said the darkness was a chance to rest, reset and refocus.

"People always ask me what's more important, the physical or the mental side of that?" he said. "If you take my first solo crossing of Antarctica ... to be able to pull a 375-pound sled, one mile, let alone a thousand miles, there's a minimum physical requirement for that.

"So of course, I train my body to get stronger to sustain the physical challenge of that. But I often say the physical side of that is just the table stakes. There are a lot of people that could pull that sled a certain amount of distance, but that basically just gets you to the starting line."

"I'm always looking for ways to tap into the power of my mind," he said, "and I thought the exercise of being alone in the dark would really be advantageous in a number of ways, emotionally, spiritually."

Nice racket. To each their own but its amazing what people with a lot of (too much?) money can spend it on.

Man vs nature I certainly get.

Sitting in a hotel room by yourself for days eating vegetables with the lights turned off… not so much.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nooo.... Not the trainer.

Constant soft tissue injuries are one of my favorite things about the Chargers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a business where people are frequently fired/let go based on the end result (often regardless of whether the person is at fault) it’s amazing how long some NFL trainers stick around even when teams have periods lasting several seasons where their players are dropping like flies.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 2:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The top news story in all of sports according to ESPN.

Attachment Attached File

Granted late February is probably the worst period for sports media.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]

I'm really not sure what to think of Denver's new staff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Miss the playoffs but have a better record.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he goes in the first round, expect him to be another Ryan Leaf.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having simply an average (maybe even below average) QB would’ve been enough for the Broncos to make the playoffs last season.

Hell, if they had scored just 17 points in regulation of every game they would have been the #1 seed about 2/3 through the season.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sitting in a hotel room by yourself for days eating vegetables with the lights turned off… not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which is fine, we don't have to get it. Plenty of people don't "get" hunting a deer, especially in adverse conditions, when the supermarket is loaded with meat.

Hell, I don't get why anyone would be a vegetarian, but I'm guessing the reason they specified vegetables as the only food they serve is because that's what the target audience of this kinda thing wants...

Quoted:

One of those does not seem like the other. This a man vs a light switch. My point was more of how rich people spend money on odd things...

At the base level it's just putting yourself in uncomfortable situations to gain something from it. Meat, time in nature, clarity, mental toughness, etc. Different people have different goals/preferences & choose different challenges. It does seem like rich people tend to choose more abstract shit, but I'd imagine that has something you do with the disposable income & having the time to do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looks easy.
View All Quotes

SE is in less than 2 months.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/In-this-thread-we-discuss-fast-food-breakfast-sandwiches-/5-2619400/
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough of the right draft nerds have called him out that I'm paying attention.

They all admit he's a very risky pick and that he's going to need a lot of development, but it's been said he's the only guy in this draft class that has the potential to be an alien QB. His athleticism and physical tool set is that good.

I'm hoping he goes to the NFC.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
NFLPA released their official top 50 sales list for March 1st 2022 thru November 30th 2022. They are the only verified list for ALL licensed NFL sales since they include all branded merchandise sold from over 85 NFLPA licensed dealers. Sales include trading cards, jerseys, t-shirts, hoodies, backpacks, wall stickers, pennants, collectibles, photos, bobbleheads, and all the other bullshit out there.

1: Brady
2: Dak
3: Josh Allen
4: Mahomes
5: Burrow
6: Russell Wilson
7: CeeDee
8: Micah Parsons
9: Cooper Kupp
10: TJ Watt

11-50:
Click To View Spoiler
  • This was the 18th time Brady has been in the number one spot since they started releasing the lists in 2014.
  • Four players on the list made the Super Bowl (Mahomes, Hurts, Kelce, DeVonta Smith).
  • Josh Allen sold the most rugs, pool cues and game chairs.
  • Josh Allen sold the most Fathead wall decals.
  • Josh Allen sold the most youth apparel from Outerstuff.
  • Josh Allen sold the most figurines and squishy toys from Party Animal.
  • Josh Allen sold the most FOCO bobbleheads.
  • Mahomes sold the most Highland Mint collectibles.
  • Mahomes sold the most collegiate co-branded drinkware.
  • Mahomes sold the most headbands.
  • Mahomes and Justin Jefferson sold the most ISlide sandals.
  • Dak sold the most debit, credit and gift cards.
  • Hurts sold the most moment driven t-shirts (whatever that is).
  • Saquon sold the most TaylorMade branded golf balls.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They all admit he's a very risky pick and that he's going to need a lot of development, but it's been said he's the only guy in this draft class that has the potential to be an alien QB. His athleticism and physical tool set is that good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said that?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
NFLPA released their official top 50 sales list for March 1st 2022 thru November 30th 2022. They are the only verified list for ALL licensed NFL sales since they include all branded merchandise sold from over 85 NFLPA licensed dealers. Sales include trading cards, jerseys, t-shirts, hoodies, backpacks, wall stickers, pennants, collectibles, photos, bobbleheads, and all the other bullshit out there.

1: Brady
2: Dak
3: Josh Allen
4: Mahomes
5: Burrow
6: Russell Wilson
7: CeeDee
8: Micah Parsons
9: Cooper Kupp
10: TJ Watt

11-50:
Click To View Spoiler
  • This was the 18th time Brady has been in the number one spot since they started releasing the lists in 2014.
  • Four players on the list made the Super Bowl (Mahomes, Hurts, Kelce, DeVonta Smith).
  • Josh Allen sold the most rugs, pool cues and game chairs.
  • Josh Allen sold the most Fathead wall decals.
  • Josh Allen sold the most youth apparel from Outerstuff.
  • Josh Allen sold the most figurines and squishy toys from Party Animal.
  • Josh Allen sold the most FOCO bobbleheads.
  • Mahomes sold the most Highland Mint collectibles.
  • Mahomes sold the most collegiate co-branded drinkware.
  • Mahomes sold the most headbands.
  • Mahomes and Justin Jefferson sold the most ISlide sandals.
  • Dak sold the most debit, credit and gift cards.
  • Hurts sold the most moment driven t-shirts (whatever that is).
  • Saquon sold the most TaylorMade branded golf balls.
View Quote

A little surprising to see Trevon Diggs 13 spots better than his brother.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Via ESPN: Lamar wants fully guaranteed deal larger than what the Browns gave Watson.

According to team sources ... Jackson turned down a five-year, $250 million contract in September that included $133 million guaranteed - far less than Watson's deal, but more than the guaranteed figures awarded to Russell Wilson ($124 million) and Kyler Murray ($103.3 million) last offseason.

According to a source with knowledge of Jackson's contract negotiations, all of his counteroffers to the Ravens last year were for fully guaranteed contracts that exceeded that of Watson.

"Just because the Browns were desperate doesn't mean that the Ravens are," one high-ranking NFL executive said. "They are a stable franchise. They aren't about to jump at something just because Cleveland did it."

A team source following the Ravens playoff loss ... "A couple of months ago, I would have said no way [that a trade will happen]. Now it feels like anything is possible."
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Via ESPN: Lamar wants fully guaranteed deal larger than what the Browns gave Watson.

[/quote

Holy fuck is he nuts!
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Holy fuck is he nuts!
View Quote

And his agent is an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Who said that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who said that?

I've seen tweets from several analysts and scouts making comments along those lines.

The actual words "best chance of being an alien in this draft class" come from a local KCSN guy that's called some good shots.

Note the date on this one:

Richardson is 6'4", he's got the strongest arm in the class, and he runs something like a 4.5. There's a lot you can do with that.

There are a lot of concerns with his accuracy and post-snap reads, but this guy has only started 12 games at the college level, and he showed improvement in those areas as he gained experience.

There's a good chance he'll fail at the NFL level. He needs good coaching and maybe a redshirt year to really have a good chance, and even then, he's probably more likely to bust than succeed. But if he makes it, the upside is insane.

Anthony Richardson's Film Is A Magical Disaster
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Here comes that Amazon money. Via WaPo, Jeff Bezos has hired NY based investment firm Allen & Company to help him consider a bid for the Commanders.

"It remains unclear whether Jeff Bezos will bid on the Commanders. But his association with Allen & Company represents a concrete sign that he is conducting thorough due diligence on his prospective bid."

Allen & Company has been involved in the last two NFL franchise sales, the Panthers and the Broncos.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:33:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

According to team sources ... Jackson turned down a five-year, $250 million contract in September that included $133 million guaranteed - far less than Watson's deal, but more than the guaranteed figures awarded to Russell Wilson ($124 million) and Kyler Murray ($103.3 million) last offseason.

According to a source with knowledge of Jackson's contract negotiations, all of his counteroffers to the Ravens last year were for fully guaranteed contracts that exceeded that of Watson.

"Just because the Browns were desperate doesn't mean that the Ravens are," one high-ranking NFL executive said. "They are a stable franchise. They aren't about to jump at something just because Cleveland did it."

A team source following the Ravens playoff loss ... "A couple of months ago, I would have said no way [that a trade will happen]. Now it feels like anything is possible."

I'm glad that came out, maybe the talking heads here will stop talking about Jackson coming to Atlanta. The Falcons have a lot of cap space this year but a deal like that would take it all away.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The Falcons have a lot of cap space this year but a deal like that would take it all away.
View Quote
Nah, they could get Lamar cheap for 2023, just look at the Watson deal. Deshaun Watson only counted for $9M against the cap this year... It's the next 4 years in a row where he is going to cost them $55MPY on the cap.

But in all seriousness, if Lamar was to receive the "same" contract (structure wise) as Watson did, but for the full $50MPY vs Watson's $46MPY, this is how the cap would hit on a 5yr/$250M deal.

2023: $10.8M ($9.8M signing bonus, $1M base salary, $50M yearly cash)
2024-2027: $59.8 ($9.8M signing bonus, $50M salary, $50M yearly cash)

That's a rough 4 years of cap pain. As mentioned in a previous post, Deshaun's cap hit next year will be a new NFL record for the highest single season single player cap hit... And it will repeat for 4 years.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember: one of the biggest challenges of guarantees in NFL contracts is that owners have to actually have that money to put in escrow, and a lot of them don't.

Quoted:

I'm glad that came out, maybe the talking heads here will stop talking about Jackson coming to Atlanta. The Falcons have a lot of cap space this year but a deal like that would take it all away.
View Quote

I wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief just yet.

The Falcons could easily give LJax a backloaded contract, and Blank is one of the wealthier owners in the NFL.

Tepper has more money, but the Panthers have less cap flexibility.

If a team is going to trade for him, these two would probably be the most likely candidates.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
At first I thought maybe Groot was just trying to highball the Ravens so they would eventually met in the middle, but then I saw that apparently in every counter Groot made to the Ravens since the Watson deal he has demanded more guaranteed money than Watson.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
It’s amazing how many people (including some “experts”) act like there is no salary cap in the NFL and when a big name player doesn’t get the record breaking new contract he is demanding it’s simply a result of the owner being cheap.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 5:58:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At first I thought maybe Groot was just trying to highball the Ravens so they would eventually met in the middle, but then I saw that apparently in every counter Groot made to the Ravens since the Watson deal he has demanded more guaranteed money than Watson.
View Quote

Which is the better QB?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:02:09 PM EDT
[#32]
The problem with the Falcons over the last several years is that too much of the cap was tied up by the top 4 or 5 players.  The new GM has finally gotten them out of that situation.  There is no way in hell that in the first off-season with cap space, he blows valuable draft assets and $250 million for LJ.  

Stay the course.  Use free agency and the draft to improve the defense, and give Ridder the chance to prove that he can be a good starter.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/TfT74hO19cQogGPxHt/giphy.gif
I'm just imagining Sean Payton walking into a meeting room with Russ, kicking Wilson's own personal QB coach he brought with him from Seattle out of the room and then saying, "here's your new QB coach" and drags in the NY Giants backup quarterback who is younger than Russ and never had a coaching job...

Russ:

Edit: Realistically you can use almost any gif of Ice Cube from Friday and it would work in this scenario.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Which is the better QB?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is the better QB?

Based on the past two seasons: Groot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm just imagining Sean Payton walking into a meeting room with Russ, kicking Wilson's own personal QB coach he brought with him from Seattle out of the room and then saying, "here's your new QB coach" and drags in the NY Giants backup quarterback who is younger than Russ and never had a coaching job...

Russ:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/ReDLLlU9fDqmI/giphy.gif

Edit: Realistically you can use almost any gif of Ice Cube from Friday and it would work in this scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/TfT74hO19cQogGPxHt/giphy.gif

Russ:
https://media3.giphy.com/media/ReDLLlU9fDqmI/giphy.gif

I don't want to get my hopes up, especially after the gift of comedy that the Broncos were in 2022, but 2023 could also be special.

Sean Payton is an asshole, Joe Lombardi was widely criticized for running a predictable offense that didn't utilize Herbert well, Vance Joseph is a middling DC, and this QB coaching situation sounds flammable.

This staff could be boring, stable, and competent, or it could get very entertaining.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#36]

The Rams gave him a 5 year $50M contract (up to $65M with incentives) last off-season (March 31st). Paid him $7.25M but he was guaranteed $10M. Kept him for 11 months.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is the better QB?

I don't think he's totally out of line looking for a deal like that. I do think he would be better served with a trusted agent to help level his expectations and work through the negotiations. Obviously there are a lot of nuances such as the guaranteed escrow money requirement. He's probably approaching it a bit too one-dimensionally by thinking "I'm as good or better than Watson so I want a Watson deal."
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I don't think he's totally out of line looking for a deal like that. I do think he would be better served with a trusted agent to help level his expectations and work through the negotiations. Obviously there are a lot of nuances such as the guaranteed escrow money requirement. He's probably approaching it a bit too one-dimensionally by thinking "I'm as good or better than Watson so I want a Watson deal."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is the better QB?

That's going to be hard to fight.

You can also throw the Murray contract in the mix. Murray doesn't have Watson's guarantees, but he has a slightly higher APY than Watson. I think you have to start with those guys when trying to price LJax, and unfortunately, those guys are checking in at $46M+ APY because their GMs are morons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Richardson is 6'4", he's got the strongest arm in the class, and he runs something like a 4.5. There's a lot you can do with that.
View Quote

To quote Crash Davis in Bull Durham:  "You've got a million dollar arm & a five cent head."

That fits Richardson to a "T", IMO. He makes Vince Young look like a Rhodes Scholar, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck is he nuts!

Is he?

What if he'd rather not play for the Ravens but if they'll give him $250M+ he'd do it? His best chances of getting his biggest payday is FA & by not giving the Ravens a more sane contract he forces them to tag him until they can't, or tag & trade him and he'll have all the negotiating leverage with the new team. Both paths could lead to FA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Jeff Darlinton (ESPN, previously NFLN) reporting that Lamar didn't return phone calls from Ravens GM Eric DeCosta during early negotiations last off-season.

Little less than two weeks left for franchise tags.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#42]

Edit: Is Payton trying to save money on mid-level coaching staff because the Broncos are over budget on him and Russ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The draft capital and contract required should be a hard no for ATL. They need a lot more than a QB.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Remember: one of the biggest challenges of guarantees in NFL contracts is that owners have to actually have that money to put in escrow, and a lot of them don't.

I wouldn't breathe a sigh of relief just yet.

The Falcons could easily give LJax a backloaded contract, and Blank is one of the wealthier owners in the NFL.

Tepper has more money, but the Panthers have less cap flexibility.

If a team is going to trade for him, these two would probably be the most likely candidates.
View Quote

Blank is old, rich, and needs to sell tickets. I’m expecting him to make the wrong decision and aggressively pursue LJax. It’s the wrong move and it will fail miserably but that’s expected at this point.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Is he?

What if he'd rather not play for the Ravens but if they'll give him $250M+ he'd do it? His best chances of getting his biggest payday is FA & by not giving the Ravens a more sane contract he forces them to tag him until they can't, or tag & trade him and he'll have all the negotiating leverage with the new team. Both paths could lead to FA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck is he nuts!

Is he?

And what if some freak injury occurs on or off the field and he ends up taking a pay cut or perhaps even having his career end because he thought a 5 year/$250M/$160M type deal wasn’t enough money for him?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Lamar just needs to move to the NFC. He’s not even top five QB in the AFC. In other words, his best year might net a single playoff win at best.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And what if some freak injury occurs on or off the field and he ends up taking a pay cut or perhaps even having his career end because he thought a 5 year/$250M/$160M type deal wasn’t enough money for him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck is he nuts!

Is he?

Indeed. Lamar has a ticking clock on his ability to play well, just like running backs do.

He’s one torn ACL away from earning his last dollar in the NFL.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:02:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

And what if some freak injury occurs on or off the field and he ends up taking a pay cut or perhaps even having his career end because he thought a 5 year/$250M/$160M type deal wasn't enough money for him?
View Quote
life sucks, but it can suck even more if you're stupid.

He's about as dumb as they come, so no surprise his decisions aren't the best.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Lamar is a greedy bitch.

Have fun on the franchise tag.  Or not playing at all.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 1:57:06 AM EDT
[#50]

double tap
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top