Page / 647
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Romeo Crennel announced his retirement this morning:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FUlGAgLX0AUBYjB?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Always seemed like a good down to earth dude.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Simpsons - The Denver Broncos
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]
More from the 24th suit filed this morning. Quoted, "Defendant Deshaun Watson has a disturbing pattern of conduct. Each of the cases against him is strikingly similar, evidencing a habit or custom: Watson seeks out random strangers on Instagram, as he has done more than a hundred times."

I hope they have some receipts for that quote. Would love to see a log showing that many different "masseuses". I know we are around 50 known people (24 suits, 19 defenders, a couple accusers who have not agreed to file suits). So this would be doubling the known number.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
24th lawsuit has been filed today. It even includes mention of Rusty Hardin's "happy endings" interview from last week.

From the suit. The accuser met Watson for his appointed massage but the session ended short because Watson needed to leave abruptly after taking a phone call. Watson re-scheduled for a second massage a few days later.

During the second massage Watson began masturbating on the massage table, the plaintiff ended the massage, but Watson stood up and continued to masturbate "aggressively" before ejaculating. The plaintiff reportedly quit massage therapy completely shortly after the event.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
24th lawsuit has been filed today. It even includes mention of Rusty Hardin's "happy endings" interview from last week.

From the suit. The accuser met Watson for his appointed massage but the session ended short because Watson needed to leave abruptly after taking a phone call. Watson re-scheduled for a second massage a few days later.

During the second massage Watson began masturbating on the massage table, the plaintiff ended the massage, but Watson stood up and continued to masturbate "aggressively" before ejaculating. The plaintiff reportedly quit massage therapy completely shortly after the event.

Yeah.  Like I said earlier, he looks worse now than at any point in this.  If Watson's strategy was to let the passage of time smooth this over, that has blown up in their face.  The NFL has a serial offender and has till now acted like it's no big deal.  Nice going Browns.

The league continues to investigate. To ponder. To weigh the appropriate punishment to recommend, a decision that will spark an independent disciplinary process.

In late March, the Commissioner took paid leave off the table, even though some in the league office believe Watson should be sidelined with pay until the various civil cases are resolved. Based on recent developments (specifically, the two new lawsuits and the comments made on Friday by Hardin), perhaps it’s time for the Commissioner to reconsider his position on leave with pay.

If, as alleged in the latest lawsuit, Watson has used social media to arrange more than 100 massages with “random strangers” and if, as Hardin seems to suggest, Watson’s defense will include the position that there’s nothing wrong with receiving or pursuing sex during a massage, the most prudent course for the NFL could be to place Watson on the Commissioner Exempt list until each of the pending lawsuits are resolved, with formal discipline to happen thereafter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jerry Jones is gonna love that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Rusty Hardin was at it again this weekend. Asked, by USA Today, about the $5,000 he reportedly gave to a Houston spa owner, "She asked him to help out her business and he did, and that's what the $5,000 was. It didn't have anything to do with all the ulterior suggestions."

"He was very inspired to help Black businesses. That is one example of the numerous contributions he made to various Black businesses around Houston," Leah Graham (another one of his attorneys).

Dionne Louis, the recipient of the $5,000 said that Watson gave it to her because he is a, "nice guy". However she has invoked her Fifth amendment privilege and has refused to testify about her text exchanges and conversations with Deshaun Watson.

Three plaintiffs have accused Dionne Louis of knowing that Watson was a sexual deviant and she was still facilitating massages for him without telling the masseuses about his known behavior.

"Nice guy", "helping black businesses"...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/jH6s9HMMi53dSdI73r/giphy.gif
View Quote

This is reminding me of the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial where Heard’s lawyers were doing things that caused me to wonder if they actually wanted their client to LOSE.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is reminding me of the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial where Heard's lawyers were doing things that caused me to wonder if they actually wanted their client to LOSE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rusty Hardin was at it again this weekend. Asked, by USA Today, about the $5,000 he reportedly gave to a Houston spa owner, "She asked him to help out her business and he did, and that's what the $5,000 was. It didn't have anything to do with all the ulterior suggestions."

"He was very inspired to help Black businesses. That is one example of the numerous contributions he made to various Black businesses around Houston," Leah Graham (another one of his attorneys).

Dionne Louis, the recipient of the $5,000 said that Watson gave it to her because he is a, "nice guy". However she has invoked her Fifth amendment privilege and has refused to testify about her text exchanges and conversations with Deshaun Watson.

Three plaintiffs have accused Dionne Louis of knowing that Watson was a sexual deviant and she was still facilitating massages for him without telling the masseuses about his known behavior.

"Nice guy", "helping black businesses"...

https://media1.giphy.com/media/jH6s9HMMi53dSdI73r/giphy.gif

This is reminding me of the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial where Heard's lawyers were doing things that caused me to wonder if they actually wanted their client to LOSE.
The Rusty Hardin Defense:
  • Admit to having sexual relations with random "masseuses" found on Instagram.
  • Argue the criminal legalities of "happy endings" with massage therapists.
  • Ask the media/public to investigate alleged victims of sexual assault.
  • Blame Covid for the need to hire dozens of random "masseuses" on Instagram.
  • Say you can't tell if a woman is attractive because you're in a relationship.
  • Define payments to a masseuse pimp as "just helping a black owned businesses".
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Schefty and Rap not all over this?  Say it ain't so.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Browns need to hire a whole squad of them.  I guarantee they'd be more than willing to give, um, someone, a butthole massage without the need for payoffs, assault, or lawsuits.  It's win-win.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Didn’t Schefty make some bizarre tweet about how the grand jury not indicting Watson proved Watson was telling the truth about everything?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Browns need to hire a whole squad of them.  I guarantee they'd be more than willing to give, um, someone, a butthole massage without the need for payoffs, assault, or lawsuits.  It's win-win.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If they were willing it would ruin Watson’s kink.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Didn’t Schefty make some bizarre tweet about how the grand jury not indicting Watson proved Watson was telling the truth about everything?
View Quote

He copy/pasted exactly what Hardin sent him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Didn't Schefty make some bizarre tweet about how the grand jury not indicting Watson proved Watson was telling the truth about everything?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't Schefty make some bizarre tweet about how the grand jury not indicting Watson proved Watson was telling the truth about everything?
Yes.

He later backtracked without apologizing. As he has done many many times. I believe he said something like it was a poorly worded tweet and he should have been clearer about what he meant. Schefty is a tool of the owners, players and agents. In that order.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#15]
On a lighter note, I wonder what kind of numbers Joe Burrow will be able to put up with a decent line? Think his interception to td ratio will improve?
Talking about some perv that got a pass because of his athletic ability until it got out of control really isn't football discussion.
He ended up at the graveyard of QB's, so he probably won't last long once he gets to play again.
It is called the factory of sadness for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On a lighter note, I wonder what kind of numbers Joe Burrow will be able to put up with a decent line? Think his interception to td ratio will improve?
Talking about some perv that got a pass because of his athletic ability until it got out of control really isn't football discussion.
He ended up at the graveyard of QB's, so he probably won't last long once he gets to play again.
It is called the factory of sadness for a reason.
View Quote
Based on last year's record. Bengals have the 3rd toughest SOS this season (0.536). They have a lot of tough out of division games (@ Dallas, @ Tampa, @ New England, vs Buffalo, vs Kansas City).

Burrow is very talented and the combination of Chase, Boyd and Higgens will lead to a ton of yards and points no matter whether they win or lose. Fully expect Burrow to put up some gaudy numbers. The tough matchups could end up making the numbers even higher since they will likely be playing from behind a fair share and will certainly end up in more than a couple shoot out games.

I imagine Burrow is going to finish in the same basic range as last year. Somewhere in the 6 to 10 range for total yards and touchdowns. 4,500+ yards, 35+ TDs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:07:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope Watson is suspended for a whole season.  The Browns deserve it for trading for him.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Based on last year's record. Bengals have the 3rd toughest SOS this season (0.536). They have a lot of tough out of division games (@ Dallas, @ Tampa, @ New England, vs Buffalo, vs Kansas City).

Burrow is very talented and the combination of Chase, Boyd and Higgens will lead to a ton of yards and points no matter whether they win or lose. Fully expect Burrow to put up some gaudy numbers. The tough matchups could end up making the numbers even higher since they will likely be playing from behind a fair share and will certainly end up in more than a couple shoot out games.

I imagine Burrow is going to finish in the same basic range as last year. Somewhere in the 6 to 10 range for total yards and touchdowns. 4,500+ yards, 35+ TDs.
View Quote

And miss the playoffs. They weren't ready last year and I still think they are a year away from really competing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I hope Watson is suspended for a whole season.  The Browns deserve it for trading for him.
View Quote

That would hilarious, especially if they cant trade Baker.  I can the Browns are forced to use Baker and him lobbing soft passes into the air to opposing defenders while staring blankly at his own sideline while Watson watches and masturbates in the tunnel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Browns and Watson actually anticipated him being suspended this season and worked his contract accordingly.

Suspending him for the 2023 season would hurt them both more.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:20:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And miss the playoffs. They weren't ready last year and I still think they are a year away from really competing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AFC is going to be a blood bath this year. There are going to be some good teams, with winning records, missing the playoffs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Browns and Watson actually anticipated him being suspended this season and worked his contract accordingly.

View Quote

Ideally he sits out the '22 season on the exempt list and then get suspended for the '23 season.

Sorry Browns fans.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In a JUST world this is how it would play out:
Exempt list for 2022 (paid leave, $1M base salary paid)
Suspended for 2023-2024 (unpaid, $92M in salary lost, 2 years to match what the MLB gave Bauer)

Browns release him before the 2023 season (after the suspension is announced) due to conduct unbecoming and then file suit for the $45M signing bonus since he never played a game for them. No team touches him because he is suspended for two years.

A financially destitute Watson then holds out hope a team will pick him up in 2025 as a 30 year old free agent who hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. Ends up playing in the fan controlled league with Johnny Manziel.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Suspended for 2023-2024 (unpaid, $92M in salary lost, 2 years to match what the MLB gave Bauer)

Browns release him before the 2023 season (after the suspension is announced) due to conduct unbecoming and then file suit for the $45M signing bonus since he never played a game for them. No team touches him because he is suspended for two years.

A financially destitute Watson then holds out hope a team will pick him up in 2025 as a 30 year old free agent who hasn't played a single snap in 4 years. Ends up playing in the fan controlled league with Johnny Manziel.
View Quote

I like it
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

So. Uh. Mr Goodell probably won't have a job after this whole Washington mess.  

How's your resume lookin?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I won't disagree. I look forward to seeing how he does with more than 1.5 seconds to throw the ball. It should take some pressure off the defense, they can score at any time with the receivers they have and Burrow, probably the best group in the league.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 3:36:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capped off by Watson going to prison where he receives a different kind of butthole massage.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#28]

He was scheduled to receive $52.25M ($17.42MPY) on the remainder. Now it is $31.66MPY.

Puts him at #12 on the avg per year, highest non-quarterback, stepping right in front of Tyreek who now drops to #13 and is 2nd highest non-quarterback.

TJ Watt drops to #16 with his $28MPY.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He was scheduled to receive $52.25M ($17.42MPY) on the remainder. Now it is $31.66MPY.

Puts him at #12 on the avg per year, highest non-quarterback, stepping right in front of Tyreek who now drops to #13 and is 2nd highest non-quarterback.

View Quote

The fuck is All-World?
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

The thread off that tweet is asking the same thing. Interesting responses. One guy basically claiming there is most likely not a other Aaron Donald in the world, a guy of his size his speed and strength.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

I guess maybe he was trying to say he's best in the world?

Seemed kinda stupid, IMO.  It's like "well, if All-Pro is best in the NFL then All-World is best in the world!"  As if other countries play football at the NFL level or something.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be careful what you wish for.

There are a lot of valid criticisms of Goodell, but I think he did a pretty good job getting the league through the pandemic and the CBAs. I think the NFL out performed every other pro league during the pandemic.

Things can get a LOT worse, too. Look at the MLB.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:37:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The AFC is going to be a blood bath this year. There are going to be some good teams, with winning records, missing the playoffs.
View Quote

Not under the new post-season rules where everybody gets to make the playoffs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Stay tuned for hold-outs and no-shows throughout the day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#36]
[Wiederer] According to a league source, the Bears were forced to wipe today's OTA practice off the books completely after violating the offseason rules of the CBA with live contact during their May practices, which is prohibited. A misstep by the new regime.

Not the first team to be hit with this over the years. Happened to the Seahawks in 2016, Ravens in 2018 and both the 49ers and Cowboys last year. Fun fact, all 4 of those teams made the playoffs.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Seemed kinda stupid, IMO.  It's like "well, if All-Pro is best in the NFL then All-World is best in the world!"  As if other countries play football at the NFL level or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#38]
then TJ Watt is all infinity and beyond!
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The thread off that tweet is asking the same thing. Interesting responses. One guy basically claiming there is most likely not a other Aaron Donald in the world, a guy of his size his speed and strength.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

Between his physical traits and skill, he might indeed be the best in the world at what he does, but the term All-World isn't really in the NFL's lexicon.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#40]
There are still 12 teams who do not have a Super Bowl title. Ranked by theScore based on how close to winning one they are.

TLDR summary:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There are still 12 teams who do not have a Super Bowl title. Ranked by theScore based on how close to winning one they are.

TLDR summary:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I'd have the Bengals in front of the Chargers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

Exactly.

sucks to suck rest of the world!

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Between his physical traits and skill, he might indeed be the best in the world at what he does, but the term All-World isn't really in the NFL's lexicon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck is All-World?

I agree, but nothing stops these idiots covering the sport thinking they can be the smartest in the room.

'hmmm, how can I separate this tweet.. I know!'
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

TLDR summary:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

"3: Cincinnati Bengals: Need to prove 2021 wasn't a fluke, explosive offense, improved o-line, defense needs to improve and be consistent."

I don't know if 2021 was a fluke, but their postseason seemed VERY fluky to me.

Game 1: won because the refs LITERALLY didn't know the rules on a TD play.

Game 2: won despite giving up 87 sacks.

Game 3: won in OT after Mahomes had one of the 3 worst halves ANY QB had IN THE ENTIRE SEASON.

Having said that: I think they would have won the Super Bowl if they weren't royally fucked by the refs at the end.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Cam Newton speaking on The Pivot Podcast (TheAthletic): "Carolina, I put myself in another fucked up situation. I was signed on Thursday, I played on Sunday. At what point did you think you was gonna be successful? That next week, I started. That's still up under 10 days of you being on the team, and you're still trying to learn an offense. . . . So before I sit up here and allow the narrative to be made that Cam ain't got it no more, Cam is taking full responsibility and saying that Cam put himself in a fucked up situation."

Podcast co-host Channing Crowder (6 seasons LB with the Dolphins): "You are 33 years old. You done got old. You're one of the best 32 quarterbacks in the world right now? Cam, I cannot accept that. I can't accept it. I saw what you did in New England. When you went back to Carolina, I saw what happened. Like, the proof's in the pudding."
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cam Newton speaking on The Pivot Podcast (TheAthletic): "Carolina, I put myself in another fucked up situation. I was signed on Thursday, I played on Sunday. At what point did you think you was gonna be successful? That next week, I started. That's still up under 10 days of you being on the team, and you're still trying to learn an offense. . . . So before I sit up here and allow the narrative to be made that Cam ain't got it no more, Cam is taking full responsibility and saying that Cam put himself in a fucked up situation."

Podcast co-host Channing Crowder (6 seasons LB with the Dolphins): "You are 33 years old. You done got old. You're one of the best 32 quarterbacks in the world right now? Cam, I cannot accept that. I can't accept it. I saw what you did in New England. When you went back to Carolina, I saw what happened. Like, the proof's in the pudding."
View Quote

His excuse for failing in NE was because he didn’t know how to call the blocking schemes. Or in other words he didn’t know know what the defense was doing.

You can only rely on athletic ability so long in the NFL. Once you’re just another QB without the ability to run you fall fast and hard. LJax should take notes.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Hold out related content.

Mandatory Mini-Camp possible fines:
1st absence: $15k
2nd: $31k
3rd and up: $46k per day

Once we get into Training Camp, then it is $40-50k per day.
Page / 647
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top