Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

At least they are using a plausible example. Something we have a basis in and isn't wakanda.

Eta, and even if theydid do gurl power, they've been fair about it, and we did have Davis mercing dudes a couple seasons ago. The gurl power is not as bad as some of the family drama so I'll give it a pass.. this time
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Did a good job setting the stage for this mission's story arc.

That said, the cynical side of me just can't help but think the addition of this specific indigenous group was a conscious "gurl power" move by the show execs rather than just natural story telling.

But, hey, maybe I'm just too jaded.

At least they are using a plausible example. Something we have a basis in and isn't wakanda.

Eta, and even if theydid do gurl power, they've been fair about it, and we did have Davis mercing dudes a couple seasons ago. The gurl power is not as bad as some of the family drama so I'll give it a pass.. this time

Yeah, I know. It didn't really bug me at all and I had no problem with it but, thanks to Hollywood's need to constantly push THE MESSAGE, there's now that voice in the back of my head constantly there. "Was this group put in because it makes for an interesting story or just an underhanded way to push an agenda because they just can't stand a show filled with too much testosterone."

Just had to say it out loud is all.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:10:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah, I know. It didn't really bug me at all and I had no problem with it but, thanks to Hollywood's need to constantly push THE MESSAGE, there's now that voice in the back of my head constantly there. "Was this group put in because it makes for an interesting story or just an underhanded way to push an agenda because they just can't stand a show filled with too much testosterone."

Just had to say it out loud is all.
View Quote

Is the voice in your head inebriated and Scottish? Again, at least they're not giving the kurds the same treatment as the woman king bs.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is the voice in your head inebriated and Scottish? Again, at least they're not giving the kurds the same treatment as the woman king bs.
View Quote

Like I said, more a bit of catharsis than anything. I was fine with it otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I had watched the new episode last night after watching the Bengals lose () but, I was slightly inebriated post game () so went ahead and rewatched it just now to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Looks like it wasn't a real standout episode, just one that moves the story along which is just fine. Some good action shots!
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
The army major annoys me...... a lot
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

He reminds me of most of the students in my military studies classes in grad school. I was one of two civilian students cleared to take the classes that were part of the Army Comptroller's program - focused on base closure and reallignment. Bunch of pencil neck Captains and Majors arguing over the last war (or perceived threat - Russia and the Fulda Gap) versus the emerging threats of China. This was 94-95, don't imagine much has changed. This kind of confirmed it for me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2022 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Solid episode! Good action scene. I did like how they integrated

Click To View Spoiler

into the baddies arsenal to show the evolving battlefield.

My only complaint was the finish on that PKM seemed a bit too nice.

That said, we know Max Thieriot/Clay is leaving the show on account of his other new show he's on (Has anyone watched it? Is it any good?). I really hope the writers aren't dumb enough to write him off in the way the end of this episode could potentially be leading to.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Solid episode! Good action scene. I did like how they integrated

Click To View Spoiler

into the baddies arsenal to show the evolving battlefield.

My only complaint was the finish on that PKM seemed a bit too nice.

That said, we know Max Thieriot/Clay is leaving the show on account of his other new show he's on (Has anyone watched it? Is it any good?). I really hope the writers aren't dumb enough to write him off in the way the end of this episode could potentially be leading to.
View Quote

I haven't watched this episode yet, had a lot going on yesterday.
Fire country is ok. Nice little twist at the end of it... we will kep watching to see
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Liked how Sonny was trying to make a homemade Phokuc ifak....
And yeah, the PKM was too clean...

Also, fuck the VA
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
In my AO, You have to pay extra to watch. I really liked the show, but not enough to pay for a whole channel that has nothing else on it worth a damn.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I figure i will wait until the new season is done and then get the 7 day free trial and binge watch it and than cancel
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
I figure i will wait until the new season is done and then get the 7 day free trial and binge watch it and than cancel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my AO, You have to pay extra to watch. I really liked the show, but not enough to pay for a whole channel that has nothing else on it worth a damn.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg

It's $5. lol
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally getting around to watching...
Nice Pat Tillman reference, but Sonny is a twat sometimes
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope the movie ends up just being a shot for shot remake of Navy SEALs
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:50:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Finally getting around to watching...
Nice Pat Tillman reference, but Sonny is a twat sometimes
View Quote

Yeah, I just got around to finishing the new ep after watching the last one Saturday.

Was glad to see the writers didn't take the lazy way out with Clay and dealt with the homefront stuff pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:51:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah, I just got around to finishing the new ep after watching the last one Saturday.

Was glad to see the writers didn't take the lazy way out with Clay and dealt with the homefront stuff pretty well.
View Quote

AF guy was a nice touch, I think.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

He reminds me of most of the students in my military studies classes in grad school. I was one of two civilian students cleared to take the classes that were part of the Army Comptroller's program - focused on base closure and reallignment. Bunch of pencil neck Captains and Majors arguing over the last war (or perceived threat - Russia and the Fulda Gap) versus the emerging threats of China. This was 94-95, don't imagine much has changed. This kind of confirmed it for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A tie with a short sleeve shirt is the worst
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#17]
It's also (has been) one of my favorite shows (on TV) for a while.
Bought a bunch of t-shirts and hats as seen on the show - I think they really have some cool, cool stuff.

Tonight I spotted another Krinkov - or maybe the first one I've seen in the show in years

Enjoy

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

AF guy was a nice touch, I think.
View Quote

Yep!

Quoted:
It's also (has been) one of my favorite shows (on TV) for a while.
Bought a bunch of t-shirts and hats as seen on the show - I think they really have some cool, cool stuff.

Tonight I spotted another Krinkov - or maybe the first one I've seen in the show in years

Enjoy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/326068/krinkov_jpg-2584713.JPG
View Quote

Was nice to see they went with platform correct suppressors!
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep!

View Quote

Noted that to the wife. She said I can haz
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yep!

View Quote
True.

One of the reasons why I like the show... less BS than 'others' - fine weapons and all the rest that you know as well as I
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#21]
If its on Paramount+, does that mean they can curse?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If its on Paramount+, does that mean they can curse?
View Quote

They do, quite a bit
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Fuuuuk that ending for episode 8 (Aces and Eights).

Absolutely DO NOT read the spoiler if you don't' want to know what happens.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
That was... difficult.   Thank you for linking that article, it did clarify a lot.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Fire Country sucks. It smells like smoke.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Well shit, didn't see that going down like that.

Click To View Spoiler

The helo sequences were pretty badass though!

I think they've done a pretty good job with the plot this season and I'm looking forward to see where it ends up.

ETA: And good article too! Thanks for the share!
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Security guard was a bitch. But I know why they did it.
This episode hits home for me, especially today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:39:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well he wears a tie with short sleeves so
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Security guard was a bitch. But I know why they did it.
This episode hits home for me, especially today.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/284414/FB_IMG_1636217578322_jpg-2590613.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Well shit, didn't see that going down like that.

Click To View Spoiler

The helo sequences were pretty badass though!

I think they've done a pretty good job with the plot this season and I'm looking forward to see where it ends up.

ETA: And good article too! Thanks for the share!
View Quote
Exactly what I was thinking in regards of going down like Chris Kyle. As soon as he was talking nice to Stella and got the call, I told my wife I know what's going to happen. Was only half right.

Mall cop sure is fast on the trigger
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I always hated that on blues days
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 11:40:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Wow. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to next week's show. Probably won't see it until the week after. Son's wedding is next weekend, then I'm going straight to deer camp for a few days hunting after that.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Exactly what I was thinking in regards of going down like Chris Kyle. As soon as he was talking nice to Stella and got the call, I told my wife I know what's going to happen. Was only half right.

Mall cop sure is fast on the trigger
View Quote

Had the same though when Clay was dealing with the angry vet prior to the end scene. Chris Kyle. The phone call cemented what was going to happen.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck!   They killed Clay!  Ugh. That was tough to watch.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait what?  It’s acceptable?  In the Fire service, we cannot wear a tie and short sleeves in uniform.  
Only high school band teachers embrace the combo
Link Posted: 11/12/2022 12:17:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Wait what?  It’s acceptable?  In the Fire service, we cannot wear a tie and short sleeves in uniform.  
Only high school band teachers embrace the combo
View Quote

People do it in the military all the time
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#38]
That episode definitely had some tough to watch parts. AJ Buckley did a great job with his part.

The action scenes were great as well. Episode was definitely a high mark of the season!
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I like the show, but cringe whenever they are on the C-17. I don't think the set designer has actually seen the inside of one.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:25:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like the show, but cringe whenever they are on the C-17. I don't think the set designer has actually seen the inside of one.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That episode definitely had some tough to watch parts. AJ Buckley did a great job with his part.

The action scenes were great as well. Episode was definitely a high mark of the season!
View Quote
Agreed. It was gut wrenching.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:13:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

He's come a long way since the 21 foot rule....
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:31:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LMFAO yep! I've actually been meaning to rewatch that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#44]
As soon as they pulled up I knew that helo was toast
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
CIA chick has a weird mouth.
View Quote

Mandy. Totally agree. It’s her teeth. She needs braces to close all the gaps between her toofers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Mandy. Totally agree. It’s her teeth. She needs braces to close all the gaps between her toofers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CIA chick has a weird mouth.

Plus she went all vegan a while back and she has this gaunt look to her now, like all vegans do.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Plus she went all vegan a while back and she has this gaunt look to her now, like all vegans do.
View Quote

Shame
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Shame
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shame

I don't know the date on the first pic but the 2nd one is 2017, you can tell the difference.

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:20:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Give me thick Mandy,  I mean Jessica
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:29:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Give me thick Mandy,  I mean Jessica
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top