Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is CONFISCATE how they spell THEFT in Canada?

Like COLOUR and COLOR?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do they remove semis?  I doubt the city owns any big rig tow trucks.
So they would have to call in the truckers to remove the truckers?
Queue laughing gif.
View Quote
Im sure the city has access to chains and large trucks, fire trucks, garbage trucks etc. that could drag them out of there. The ottawa fire dept. has already shown they are willing to help the ottawa police enforce the tyranny

edit to add Ottawa:  wouldn't want anyone to think this a general cop bashing post
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Shame we can’t air drop fuel.
View Quote

if things escalate, that could happen, one bottle at a time...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All LEOS are civilians too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if specific cops are hoping other specific cops squash the Canadians uprising with ultra-violence to teach the civilians a lesson ?

What about ones in the guard or reserves?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There's a video of other Ottawa cops shrugging and letting guys with gas cans walk past their checkpoints. "Eh, maybe it's water?"

The deputies at the blocked border crossing out west just stood and watched in another video as tractors and trucks drove around their "blockade." Yeah no one ever really pulls off their badge and throws it at the chief outside of Dirty Harry movies, but some cops ignore some dumb stuff if they aren't going to get shitcanned because some boss is standing there and pointing.
View Quote

That and you don't want to be the lone cop trying to stop 400 people from doing anything they want to do. That would end horribly for the lone officer. Even if he was somehow able to arrest every single person walking a gas can past him, he is going to look like a real fucking idiot for the cameras.

Especially people who have shown, pretty conclusively, that they are only a threat to beer, saunas, and street hockey.

One officer can turn everyone going home today into two way violence easily. Best to smile and wave.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Carry a gas can with water, have a bladder with fuel in a backpack...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's a video of other Ottawa cops shrugging and letting guys with gas cans walk past their checkpoints. "Eh, maybe it's water?"

The deputies at the blocked border crossing out west just stood and watched in another video as tractors and trucks drove around their "blockade." Yeah no one ever really pulls off their badge and throws it at the chief outside of Dirty Harry movies, but some cops ignore some dumb stuff if they aren't going to get shitcanned because some boss is standing there and pointing.
View Quote

I am unfamilar with Canadian laws on search and seizure but here in America, absent a warrant or probable cause, I would not seize private property.  Violating the person's Constitutional Rights under the color of authority is begging for a civil rights suit.  

Can any Canadian comment on your laws up north (@FluffytheCat)?

I'm hoping everything remains Ghandi like and peaceful with NO ONE injured by both sides.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
All of this could just disappear if those specific people just reached out those other specific people at foreign Police department to send a very specific strongly worded communication very specific people
View Quote

fixed. try not to generalize, we dont know it was an email, could have been a phone call. could have even been in person, who knows? was it london? could have been some other place in the UK. the facts that im aware of at least are unclear on the specifics.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well we need more cops like those ones to stand up against cops like these.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BadChoicesGoodStories/comments/smfvoy/antivaxx_dumbfuck_complains_because_ottawa_police/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
So now it becomes a legitimate question.... @Aimless your thoughts on the very cops doing what you are saying, witnessing other cops going to far and not doing anything about it?  

And by the way I have known a couple of guys who laid their badge on the desk and said there you go.  One of them said I dare you to lay your badge on the desk and say it to me again.

I know its true because other people in the room saw it.  It was epic.  He kept his job and the chief apologized.  So yea, while rare, it does happen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hope they cross the Rubicon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK lets try this VERY WORTHY NEWS STORY AGAIN.

But this time, IN ORDER TO KEEP IT FROM GETTING LOCKED, can we keep the criticism very specifically aimed at the TURD COPS IN OTTAWA WHO DID THIS.

PLEASE DON'T MAKE GENERAL COP STATEMENTS. Lets aim it directly at the OTTAWA TURDS in order to keep this thread and worthy new story alive.  If the thread lives more people know what happened.

BY THE WAY THESE COPS IN OTTAWA ARE TURDS

Pertinent new story link.  

https://www.theblaze.com/news/freedom-trucker-convoy-fuel-police

I hope they cross the Rubicon.
I hate that there is a rubicon....Jeep is woke according to commercials.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Can you dig it?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"They have far more people than we have police officers..."

That's the sentence from that article that everyone should remember.
View Quote

No it's not, this is the sentence.....

“This has to be reversed; we have to get our city back.”

The liberals have lost control and are losing their minds. They will start to do anything to gain their "control" back. Two things motivate politicians, money and power. They lost their power and are now defenseless.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't deliver fuel but did have a couple of Gerry cans full fall off my vehicle..
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Carry a gas can with water, have a bladder with fuel in a backpack...
View Quote

Now this is Canada.  Carry water in a can.  Carry fuel in a bag, just like milk.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:30:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The liberals have lost control and are losing their minds. They will start to do anything to gain their "control" back. Two things motivate politicians, money and power. They lost their power and are now defenseless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hammer meet nail.

Worse for the leftists is that the truckers are simply nonviolent. It is extremely difficult to spin the police beating the shit out of a bunch of people for the high crime of jumping in a bouncy house or sitting in a hot tub.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
At the risk of sounding really dumb (too late, I know) because I really don't know much about what is going on, can someone summarize what is happening in a few sentences?  I read there was a "trucker convoy" but the conversation sounds more like a trucker "occupation" of parts of Ottawa?  None of the few news stories I've read provide much other than details, I guess assuming everyone already knows what is going on.
View Quote

Truckers are parking in major cities, especially Ottawa (I believe near gov buildings), honking their horns, and getting to know fellow Canadians with BBQ, dance parties, and bounce houses for about the last 12 days to end mandates (vaxx, vaxx passports, etc). They just want to live, work, and be Canadian. The city responded by calling them racists, closing all businesses, and now stealing from them. But that's just my view.

And.... they just banned honking, or so it seems: CP24.com LINK
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is CONFISCATE how they spell THEFT in Canada?

Like COLOUR and COLOR?
View Quote

Here we spell it ASSET FORFEITURE
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Who knows. Whatever you do, don’t criticize China. They will ban you for life
View Quote

Can I get a list of the groups I can't criticize or would that also be ban worthy?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Video: Ottawa City Officials, Police Label Trucker Convoy As ‘Terrorist Insurrection’ Claim protests constitute “occupation” with city “under siege”

City officials in Ottawa have claimed that the capital is “under siege” and that the trucker convoy protesting vaccine mandates constitutes a “nation-wide insurrection”, with one council woman even calling the movement “terrorism.”

As the mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency, Ottawa City Council member Diane Deans stated “We are on day eight of this occupation. Our city is under siege.”

She added, “What we’re seeing is bigger than just a City of Ottawa problem. This is a nationwide insurrection. This is madness. We need a concrete plan to put an end to this.”

She also declared that the truckers are “terrorising” residents, “torturing them” by honking their horns, and are a “threat to democracy.”

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Generic non-specific or offensive post.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Those specific Canadian cops make me thankful that Chuck Wright is our sheriff.  Of course the next one may not respect our rights as much as Sheriff Wright does, but that's why voting still matters.

I hope Canada's specifically tyrannical jack boots get their just desserts, or an empty fridge with no desserts at all.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hammer meet nail.

Worse for the leftists is that the truckers are simply nonviolent. It is extremely difficult to spin the police beating the shit out of a bunch of people for the high crime of jumping in a bouncy house or sitting in a hot tub.
View Quote

Correct.  Keep it peaceful and you make them powerless.  That's how Romanians overthrew their dictators.  They had no arms and marched peacefully toward the police and army.  When the police and army got sicked of shooting unarmed people, they lowered their arms  and the government was gone.  I spoke with a Romanian woman who was there and told me people to the left and right of her were shot down as they marched.  Somebody else would fill the gap (just like in Napoleonic warfare) and close the ranks.  They were mostly youth who knew they had no future and DGAF if they lived or die.  

Ghandi showed us the way.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Pretty sickening to see what some consider being out of control and a threat.  The mayor is in full panic because the protestors are “blaring horns and sirens and fireworks, and turning it into a party. … Bringing in bouncy castles and saunas and hot tubs is the height of irresponsibility.”

Compare BLM and antifa actually destroying people’s property, beating them with locks and whatever else they can find, and them being dubbed “mostly peaceful”.  I know it’s a different country but damn.
View Quote

UPDATE: Man Who Rammed Car into Winnipeg Freedom Convoy Protesters is Antifa Activist David Zegarac

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If there's some kind of emergency order prohibiting people from taking gas to the protesters and it's legal I'm sure cops could peek in gas cans to see if there is gas in them
View Quote

I heard some Canadians are walking around with water in those things.  Seize my water?!
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hardest I LOL'd in a week
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:57:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Video: Ottawa City Officials, Police Label Trucker Convoy As ‘Terrorist Insurrection’ Claim protests constitute “occupation” with city “under siege”

City officials in Ottawa have claimed that the capital is “under siege” and that the trucker convoy protesting vaccine mandates constitutes a “nation-wide insurrection”, with one council woman even calling the movement “terrorism.”

As the mayor of Ottawa declared a state of emergency, Ottawa City Council member Diane Deans stated “We are on day eight of this occupation. Our city is under siege.”

She added, “What we’re seeing is bigger than just a City of Ottawa problem. This is a nationwide insurrection. This is madness. We need a concrete plan to put an end to this.”

She also declared that the truckers are “terrorising” residents, “torturing them” by honking their horns, and are a “threat to democracy.”

View Quote

Someone should tell her that she needs to be specific about exactly which truckers she's talking about.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I like that the protesters are seen as the problem.
View Quote
They are now but not when they are rioting, looting and destroying cities.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Bouncy houses? Let's call them what they actually are. Insurrectionist Entertainment Cubes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What they want is irrelevant because of the fact the protestors have 100x-1000x more people than the cops. The politicians can get out front and pretend to support the movement unfolding in front of their eyes, or they can hide (or actively call for subduing the movement) and they'll get the boot come next election if not before.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Correct.  Keep it peaceful and you make them powerless.  That's how Romanians overthrew their dictators.  They had no arms and marched peacefully toward the police and army.  When the police and army got sicked of shooting unarmed people, they lowered their arms  and the government was gone.  I spoke with a Romanian woman who was there and told me people to the left and right of her were shot down as they marched.  Somebody else would fill the gap (just like in Napoleonic warfare) and close the ranks.  They were mostly youth who knew they had no future and DGAF if they lived or die.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hammer meet nail.

Good for the Romanians, but I think I will go with a slightly different style
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:01:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Someone should tell her that she needs to be specific about exactly which truckers she's talking about.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Let them eat ( tasty ) cake !
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
so awesome
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:16:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The video that was posted in the other thread where the lawyer is commenting on them is both hilarious and pathetic- they appear to be some of the most worthless, whiny slugs, especially the low T, soy cuck of a police chief and his two underlings and the blond super-Karen, to have ever been involved in government.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:23:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Are they giving reciepts for the fuel an can or just flat out stealing?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Lol and now we can’t even say shit about law enforcement in other countries. What’s next, bans for criticizing mods on other forums?
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Generic reply to generic non-specific or offensive post...
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You aren’t allowed to say “all” even if it is 99.9%
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:43:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Seems like more people declare themselves to be my enemy every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:50:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have a live-stream going on in the background, and the guy has talked to three different agencies, and apparently only the Ottawa Police confiscate.  The other two had "roadblocks" and said that people shouldn't, and it could be a ticketable offense, but his reading of demeanor was that the other two agencies (one is OPP?) don't want anything to do with confiscating.  So 1 of 3 departments is interfering with fuel carrying, but the other two are stopping the first.

I mostly remember the Ontario Provisional Police due to their acronym.  
View Quote

I get that 2 departments are not confiscating, but what are they doing that is stopping the first? There is a big difference between not participating and opposing.

[Insert these as needed to prevent thread lock]
Specific
Particular
Specific
Particular
Specific
Particular
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 5:54:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

be careful of that work generic! sounds too much like general.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top