Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Realtors
View Quote
more like the profession where you're most likely to be stabbed in the back

seriously...I don't see how some realtors put up with the drama they see day in day out

I've heard stories where agents work up listing agreements with all the comps, needed repairs, etc. and the seller will take the information, look the agent square in the face, and say i'm doing for sale by owner.  Pretty much stealing all the information the agent provided.  Or other times where an agent will fight a builder to get earnest money back for a client just to have the client buy with a different agent.....next time you wonder why they make so much on one listing think about how shitty they are treated.  Also the average agent sales 9 homes a year at $235,000.  Once you take out all the brokerage fees and everything else the average agent makes $50,000 a year...to work nights/weekends and most holidays
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

more like the profession where you're most likely to be stabbed in the back

seriously...I don't see how some realtors put up with the drama they see day in day out
View Quote
Never have a prostate exam?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Who knew so many people on this board, which is dedicated to an item developed by engineers, hate the very people who brought them that device to creation? Huh..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
engineers...
Who knew so many people on this board, which is dedicated to an item developed by engineers, hate the very people who brought them that device to creation? Huh..
I don't care for most engineers. Here's a CSB that illustrates why. I was helping a friend move. She had an engineer friend also helping. He immediately started micromanaging on how to load her belongings into the truck. Of course, his direction didn't produce optimal results. Seeing this stereotypical  behavior, I asked him if he was an engineer. "Yes, how did you know?" I told him that he was micromanaging, assumed he was the smartest person there, and wasn't doing a good job making things fit.

Admittedly, I have slightly more room to talk, but at least I'm a self-aware engineer.

You know who are just as bad as engineers?  People who bad-mouth engineers, but didn't complete an engineering (or other STEM) degree.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think university professors (you know, the tenured guys at real research universities) are very noble, and incredibly humble ... and also very attractive.

Like beautiful graceful gods, really.  

Nothing over-rated about those magnificent human beings at all.

View Quote
That must be why they get the cool NATO badge.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Artist
Journalist
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Subtle callout thread?

Marine Corps Infantry. Bunch of prima donnas.

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Subtle callout thread?

View Quote
Between you and the OP I'm going to have to go choke myself
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:34:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think university professors (you know, the tenured guys at real research universities) are very noble, and incredibly humble ... and also very attractive.

View Quote
My dad went from industry to a university department chair and very few people appreciated his general attitude of "you people are mostly useless chair warming whiney overpaid ass holes who haven't known a real days work in your lives and the only reason you're still here is that I can neither fire a tenured prof nor have them executed." And that was nice compared to the way he talked about the admin and the students.

He was also neither humble nor attractive.

Having a family of teachers ranging from HS to college really took the shine off that profession.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Tell us where the bad nurse touched you OP.

And what do you do for a living? You sound jelly about something.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Engineers

They're right up there with crossfit people and vegans. It's like they can't keep from talking about it.
View Quote
I used to argue against this, cause I am not 'that' engineer.

But the longer I have been around engineers...it really is almost universally true.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subtle callout thread?

Being a lieutenants wife is hard too. I mean, don't you know who he is?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

FF have power
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/94613/Onthefloorlaffing-152751.gif

Someone needs to tell that to the LEOs that keep arresting us for blocking traffic to keep cars from running over people laying in the streets at accident scenes. Oh and we have never arrested anyone or threaten to. No in the dept. I work with in Fla. Where do you get this power thing from. We have none.

Hell yeah the perks that's with any job symbol did you not ever play fire fighter as a little boy, this one I'm a little confused on. Are you pissed because a firefighter stole your girlfriend because you still live in that basement at moms home. Get a life.  FF fight fire and are Paramedics and have died trying to save peoples lifes that's a bad symbol to you.
View Quote
Add FF to that "overly sensitive" list.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Teachers, since most of them are leftists.
View Quote
Came to post dirty commie sjw, union thug, brainwashing teachers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Tell us where the bad nurse touched you OP.

And what do you do for a living? You sound jelly about something.
View Quote
Well, that may actually be the reason. OP, did you have Cdiff? Did they have to make sure?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Subtle callout thread?

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:42:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Knights. They ride around on horses while others walk, then sit at round tables all day.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#18]
School teachers.

They work 180 days of the year and bitch about not being paid enough.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:47:27 AM EDT
[#19]
In this thread we find out who hasn't done shit in their life and are jealous of people that have.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:48:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be the bad guy:

40% of the FF/LEO's out there.  They do it for the perks, status symbol, and power.
Agree.
Firefighters especially suck, what do they do?  Eat, sleep, workout, wait for calls, play domino's?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:49:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The vast majority of my friends & family have engineering degrees - in all the conversations over the years no one has ever claimed to have become an engineer for noble reasons. It's always about the engineering job market.
View Quote
That's why I put in the work on my Engineering degrees . I wanted to get paid.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:50:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll be the bad guy:

40% of the FF/LEO's out there.  They do it for the perks, status symbol, and power.
View Quote
Duh!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Name a profession that is portrayed as noble and self-sacrificing, but is really not more special than any other job.

I'll start: nurse.
View Quote

You are wrong, friend
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Judge

Popous. Arrogant asses.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:54:37 AM EDT
[#25]
"Community organizers"
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You are correct. I work with quite a few that are just here for the pension and insurance and don't give a rats ass about the job. Not that I wouldn't leave if those things were taken away but I enjoy what I do most days.
View Quote
As far as police work, most do go into it for at least some ideological reasons to do good; after awhile when they're no longer rookies they figure out the gig ain't on the level so they stick it out for the pay and the pension.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Firefighters especially suck, what do they do?  Eat, sleep, workout, wait for calls, play domino's?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#28]
community organizer
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#29]
College professors coming up with new cockamamie ideas that pollute the minds of their students.  Like that one prof that was teaching his students that it's OK to hate white people.

I had one Bitch prof at WWU that taught the only course that was required to get my degree.  There was no alternative prof, so I couldn't drop the class with her or I'd just be coming back the next quarter.  God, she was terrible.  And of course she didn't like me, the outspoken Alaskan kid with the professional fishing background.  She liked her softy suburbanite kids, I was some sort of working class anomaly, actually working my way through college.

Man what a crappy academic bottleneck that was.  Ten years later, today, if I was in that situation, I'd write a formal letter of complaint to the higher ups, cause that shit was bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Forgot this one. Public school teachers with messed up personal lives is the rule instead of the exception.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Nobody thinks garbage man be noble, but it do.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL This, exactly.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#33]
true humility nobility vs arrogance ignobility really doesn't matter what profession you are in.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:01:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean seriously there are hardly any fires anymore...what do they do?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I've never been impressed by any regular old doctor. Surgeons however are worthy of admiration IMO. The skill set required to cut somebody wide open, move things around in there and then sew them back up without killing them is remarkable when you think about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Engineers

They're right up there with crossfit people and vegans. It's like they can't keep from talking about it.

My BIL is a Dr. He's a pretty good guy but I swear people act like he's bringing people back from the dead every day. We were working on something one time and my mom chimed in "Be careful of Alex's hands, we don't want him getting hurt." I looked at her and asked if she thought I made money with my good looks.
I've never been impressed by any regular old doctor. Surgeons however are worthy of admiration IMO. The skill set required to cut somebody wide open, move things around in there and then sew them back up without killing them is remarkable when you think about it.
Like I said, my BIL is a good guy. He puts up with a lot of "Hey, can you look at this rash?" As a hospitalist a lot of what he does is just giving nurses permission to do what they already know needs to be done. He's the last one to get uppity about what he does. Some people think he walks on water to and from work though.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Leach off hardworking taxpayers, that's what!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Any profession that has self proclaimed heroes and give each other awards.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Engineers

My BIL is a Dr. He's a pretty good guy but I swear people act like he's bringing people back from the dead every day. We were working on something one time and my mom chimed in "Be careful of Alex's hands, we don't want him getting hurt." I looked at her and asked if she thought I made money with my good looks.
View Quote
I'm directly the opposite.  I like to be a low key doc. I drive a 10 year old and dented pickup, don't park in doctor parking, and when people ask me what I do at parties, I say "sell life insurance" because I sure don't want to spend the whole party giving medical advice.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nurses are also overly sensitive.
View Quote
I like nurses and teachers,they're always freaks in the bedroom
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#40]
My entirely scientific take on [insert profession here]:

Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Teachers.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
As far as police work, most do go into it for at least some ideological reasons to do good; after awhile when they're no longer rookies they figure out the gig ain't on the level so they stick it out for the pay and the pension.
View Quote
It's the same in fire. When you figure out that most of what you're doing is responding to "medical emergencies" that could be treated by making a doctors appointment for next Tuesday and not pulling people out of burning buildings on the regular lots of folks get jaded. Hell if you call for your kitten stuck in a tree we refer you to a local tree service that charges $50 for that sort of thing and wish you luck.

The number one cause of line of duty deaths is heart attack followed by traffic crashes. Most guys will do 20-30 years and never come close death just like most cops go a whole career and never fire their weapon at a suspect. People project the values they want to see onto certain roles. Reality seldomly matches the image.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Internet white knight.

M'lady!
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed, their magnificence is equaled only by their humility.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's what I keep hearing.  Somebody should really look into that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Padres.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#47]
For me, it's a question of sacrifice. Are you in it to take, or to give?

As such, it's rarely the profession as much as the professional.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Statesman.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:15:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ar15.com Staff

Someone had to say it

View Quote
Now you have just gone too far sir...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top