Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

People not Voting for Trump (Page 180 of 188)
Page / 188
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I never took you for a Carson guy. Bravo!

Carson is a genius and shows what kind of person America is capable of producing. His back story is absolutely fantastic. The only downside was he lacked the appeal of Trump.

Discussing Perot kinda dates yourself, man

View Quote

Carson is a Trump supporter and has stayed loyal since serving in his administration. I thought he would have been a good vp pick though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

What did I say that makes you think I’m even suggesting that a little bit?  I think you misread something, or misunderstood.

Damn, that’s some Trumplogic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NavyDoc1:

Firstly, are you suggesting that Harris and Trump are the same?

What did I say that makes you think I’m even suggesting that a little bit?  I think you misread something, or misunderstood.

Secondly, if writing in Massie gets you Harris, then there is a distinction without a difference.  Thus, if one knows tthat writing in Massie will not get Massie because its impossible to happen then it infers they wouldn’t have a problem with Harris because otherwise if they really did not want Harris, they would vote for someone who could actually beat her.  So yes, writing in some fantasy candidate rather than a reality opposition to Harris is an indication they would be fine with Harris.  We learned that lesson the hard way in 1992 with Perot who was an even more viable candidate than Massie and we ended up with Clinton. Well done!

You said I was conflating a binary choice with a binary result which suggests that the binary choice, Harris vs Trump would not create a binary result and thus be no different. So, given a binary choice, which is the one before us in the real world right now, which of the two would you prefer or, more correctly, hate less?

As for the snide “Trump logic” nonsensical comment—note that I’ve only been polite to you in this thread and I’d appreciate the same courtesy back—it’s not that at all.  One or the other will be president regardless if you write in a Kentucky libertarian (one who is right on many positions but aweful  on others like Iran) therefore if you don’t vote against the Harris, knowing your write in will not get your dream candidate elected then it’s reasonable to assume you won’t have an issue with Harris being ejected because that’s what you are going to get if enough people like you toss your vote away.  Has the dude even tried to run for president?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

I understand just fine.

It’s the Trumpers that don’t understand the difference between a primary election, and a general.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Techsan02:

You still don’t understand national politics in a liberal country.

I understand just fine.

It’s the Trumpers that don’t understand the difference between a primary election, and a general.

Which one are we in? Which one matters now?

Let the demoralization campaign continue though. Have to post multiple pointless anti Trump posts all day everyday, because reasons.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Carson is a genius and shows what kind of person America is capable of producing. His back story is absolutely fantastic. The only downside was he lacked the appeal of Trump.

View All Quotes

Fair enough and I understand your position.  I like Desantis.  I like his positions and his ability to convey his positions.  I was a Ben Carson guy in ‘16 because he thoroughly and thoughtfully elucidated his conservative positions as well as having a great American dream background.  

Unfortunately for Ben, the American population wants sound bite candidates not thoughtful explanations and he didn’t make the primary.  Yes, in our shallow and simplistic thinking population, a candidate must be able to make a point in short bites to appeal to the simpletons that make up the electorate which is an argument against universal suffrage. However, that is, unfortunately, the system we have. Ross Perot  was a much better candidate than Bush, which is why I voted for him but that vote (and many many like it, got us Clinton who was much worse than Bush

Yes. I’m old.

Carson is brilliant and a thoughtful speaker and a hardworking gentleman who pulled himself up by the bootstraps.  America would have been in a much better position had he been elected.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Which one are we in? Which one matters now?

Let the demoralization campaign continue though. Have to post multiple pointless anti Trump posts all day everyday, because reasons.
View Quote

No one is forced to open the thread if it will hurt their feelz.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#6]

This cast of posters are highly emotional and get their dopamine fixes by getting reactions on an anonymous message board.
View Quote

Like people who tie their existence to a billionaire who will never know their name?

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

View Quote

Why do you want Harris/Walz?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]

You said I was conflating a binary choice with a binary result which suggests that the binary choice, Harris vs Trump would not create a binary result and thus be no different. So, given a binary choice, which is the one before us in the real world right now, which of the two would you prefer or, more correctly, hate less?
View Quote

No that is not what I meant.  

Binary result = Trump or Harris will end up in the WH.  That is not contested.

However, the choice isn’t binary at the voting booth.  There are plenty of other options.  Just because one of them isn’t guaranteed to win does not make it an invalid choice.

As for the snide “Trump logic” nonsensical comment—note that I’ve only been polite to you in this thread and I’d appreciate the same courtesy back—it’s not that at all.  One or the other will be president regardless if you write in a Kentucky libertarian (one who is right on many positions but aweful  on others like Iran) therefore if you don’t vote against the Harris, knowing your write in will not get your dream candidate elected then it’s reasonable to assume you won’t have an issue with Harris being ejected because that’s what you are going to get if enough people like you toss your vote away.  Has the dude even tried to run for president?
View Quote

Fair enough and I’m sorry.  

That said… I just don’t agree with you.

It’s perfectly rational and reasonable to hate both of the main candidates equally and write someone else in.  I’m not doing that, but I understand that others might and I’m not going to make the stretch that “you’re ok with Harris because you’re writing someone in or voting 3rd party.”

If we only voted for someone who can win, then all of California’s Republican voters should just stay home.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Why do you want Harris/Walz?
View Quote

That's the best you have? It's the same old trope.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Qweamee:
He was already president once and it was an unmitigated failure. My opinion.

OP asked for some reasons.

1. He doesn't know how tariffs works. They are (partially) responsible for the inflation we're suffering through. More of that? No thanks.
2. The Republican plan for dealing with the deficit is quantitative easing through slow, induced inflation. Everyone hates inflation, but the R plan is to weaken the dollar, hoping it will increase exports (it could) and spur foreign investment, but:
3. He doesn't seem to understand how the country relies on the extractive economies downstream from our security guarantees. If the AF thing leads to a perceived collapse  of American security guarantees then we'll face a Suez-like Crisis and just like the English in '56, that will be curtains, folks. Interesting that MAGA people talk about the threat of BRICS to the USD, without realizing what will actually causes a run on reserve currency.
4. He's now thick as thieves with the Silicon Valley guys and I have nothing positive to say about SV.

I can't really quantify this, but most of the MAGA "politics" seems designed to promote clickthroughs and push personalities towards a media career or media ecosystem rather than promote coherent solutions. It's about attention spans. This, I think, actually serves the "deep state" or stationary momentum of the government-professional class. The economy of social media clicks and attention now baffles popular energy away from government reform and towards short-term outrage and shiny objects.

I don't think the individual of the President much matters.

View Quote

All that shit you posted is exactly that. Shit.

It’s your speculation and opinions.

Thick as thieves with Silicon Valley because Elon Musk supports him? LOL

MAGA politics a personality cult now?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]

The irony.

Trumplandians have kept me entertained for the last eight years.
View All Quotes

This cast of posters are highly emotional and get their dopamine fixes by getting reactions on an anonymous message board.

The irony.

Trumplandians have kept me entertained for the last eight years.

Persecuted and burned at the stake according to your pink assed compatriots.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Secondly, if writing in Massie gets you Harris, then there is a distinction without a difference.  Thus, if one knows tthat writing in Massie will not get Massie because its impossible to happen then it infers they wouldn’t have a problem with Harris because otherwise if they really did not want Harris, they would vote for someone who could actually beat her.  So yes, writing in some fantasy candidate rather than a reality opposition to Harris is an indication they would be fine with Harris.  We learned that lesson the hard way in 1992 with Perot who was an even more viable candidate than Massie and we ended up with Clinton. Well done!

No it’s real world logic. Something you Kamala Harris supporters don’t have an ounce of.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

I love it when Trump fans go ballistic over Trump quotes.  It says a lot about them.
View Quote
Actually it is not a quote unless it is in quotation marks.
It might be the same words that Trump spoke but it is not a quote.
Also because it was not inside quotation marks when posted, it is rightfully assumed it was the opinion of the poster.

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Like people who tie their existence to a billionaire who will never know their name?

View All Quotes

You are just pissy because T$ will cut off your Uke Bro Zelensky’s gravy train off.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Also because it was not inside quotation marks when posted, it is rightfully assumed it was the opinion of the poster.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TxRabbitBane:

I love it when Trump fans go ballistic over Trump quotes.  It says a lot about them.

Exactly I thought he was speaking from the heart. Coming out of the closet. According to his behavior it made sense.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By scarnar:

View Quote

You seem like an angry little guy, I suggest meditation for your anger. You could picture Trump in a Speedo and chant MAGA over and over if that helps.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Words should stand alone on their merit.

Or are you one of those who needs to know who said it before you know how to react?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#18]

I’ll take a conservative governor, who won his reelection campaign decisively in a swing state turning blue counties red for the first time in a generation. Who signed pro-2A legislation into law, and who ran record budget surpluses in his state. A governor who successfully attacked the woke agenda in his public schools. A former military officer and teacher. A man still married to his first wife, and who has demonstrated an impeccable level of integrity in his personal life, and competence in his professional one.

If only such a candidate existed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Name someone fit for office in the last 20 years and explain why they were fit for office?

So far it been pretty damn disappointing.

Politicians do enjoy watching us peasants groan and moan though.

I’ll take a conservative governor, who won his reelection campaign decisively in a swing state turning blue counties red for the first time in a generation. Who signed pro-2A legislation into law, and who ran record budget surpluses in his state. A governor who successfully attacked the woke agenda in his public schools. A former military officer and teacher. A man still married to his first wife, and who has demonstrated an impeccable level of integrity in his personal life, and competence in his professional one.

If only such a candidate existed.

Over rate yourself much?
You should apply for sainthood.
How douche like of you
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Exactly I thought he was speaking from the heart. Coming out of the closet. According to his behavior it made sense.
View Quote

So you’ll blow up at a poster when you think it’s his opinion. But then when you learn Trump put it in his book, it’s somehow… different?

This is an opportunity for some reflection.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

You worship a gay Ukrainian midget that will never know your name. Maybe you shouldn’t comment on certain topics.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Over rate yourself much?
How douche like of you
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/the-butt-hurt_o_1422659-40.jpg
View Quote

lol, what are you talking about. Are you ok?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#22]

You seem like an angry little guy, I suggest meditation for your anger. You could picture Trump in a Speedo and chant MAGA over and over if that helps.
View All Quotes

Truth hurts?

Funny I can see you on your knees in front of your queen Kamala Harris with her pants pulled down making Ugh Ugh noises. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:11:58 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Zelensky?
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#24]

So you’ll blow up at a poster when you think it’s his opinion. But then when you learn Trump put it in his book, it’s somehow… different?

View All Quotes

You should stick with blowing up your self image
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#25]

You worship a gay Ukrainian midget that will never know your name. Maybe you shouldn’t comment on certain topics.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

Over rate yourself much?
How douche like of you
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/the-butt-hurt_o_1422659-40.jpg

Quote the whole post. You know exactly what I’m talking about.
Fucking pathetic
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]

Fucking pathetic
View Quote

I have no idea what you are blabbering on about. Not that much of anything you’ve posted in the last half dozen pages merits real consideration.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#28]

Yes. I’m old.

Carson is brilliant and a thoughtful speaker and a hardworking gentleman who pulled himself up by the bootstraps.  America would have been in a much better position had he been elected.
View Quote

Indeed we would have. One of the more important bits about him is his unabashed pro life policies (at least to me).

Dude separated two conjoined twins. Legit guy.

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]
heard y'all's girl nailed her fox news interview

LOL
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:29:19 PM EDT
[#31]

I have no idea what you are blabbering on about. Not that much of anything you’ve posted in the last half dozen pages merits real consideration.
View All Quotes

Fucking pathetic

Yes you do. It was your self felatio post of how much of and upstanding citizen you are. You deliberately deleted it from
the quote tree and are trying to be cute about. Like a child.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#32]

You are just pissy because T$ will cut off your Uke Bro Zelensky’s gravy train off.
View All Quotes

You've got to win the election, first.  

Remember, it was Trump who put an armored brigade on the border with Russia and had uniformed Americans inside Ukraine

Originally Posted By foursixty:

Zelensky?

Last I checked he's not a billionaire or even close to that.

FWD FWD FWD FWD

Attachment Attached File

Right next to my TrumpZelenskyy NFT, TrumpZelensky Force ones, TrumpZelenskyy signed Bibles, Trump Zelenskyy statue, and TrumpZelenskyy signed dinner plates.

Trump's personal friend made the declaration he was the Messiah.

Attachment Attached File

Worship? Not at all.

Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Yes you do. It was your self felatio post of how much of and upstanding citizen you are. You deliberately deleted it from
View Quote

lol I’m not talking about myself. I was talking about Ron Desantis.

lol what a joke.
Link Posted: 10/16/2024 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#34]

lol what a joke.
View All Quotes

lol what a joke.

Told you a year ago that the Munchkin had no shot currently.

Maybe if he keeps doing well in Florida he will get another chance.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:08:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alwaysright] [#35]

Truth hurts?

Funny I can see you on your knees in front of your queen Kamala Harris with her pants pulled down making Ugh Ugh noises. /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/GiadaPin-141.gif
View Quote

You have a vivid imagination, it should come in handy if Trump loses again, it will help you cope.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:10:21 AM EDT
[#36]

You have a vivid imagination, it should come in handy if Trump loses again it will help you cope.
View Quote

My brother in Christ..

What?

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:12:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#37]

However, the choice isn't binary at the voting booth.  There are plenty of other options.  Just because one of them isn't guaranteed to win does not make it an invalid choice.

Fair enough and I'm sorry.  

That said  I just don't agree with you.

It's perfectly rational and reasonable to hate both of the main candidates equally and write someone else in.  I'm not doing that, but I understand that others might and I'm not going to make the stretch that "you're ok with Harris because you're writing someone in or voting 3rd party."

If we only voted for someone who can win, then all of California's Republican voters should just stay home.
View Quote
This is correct.  

I wasn't going to vote for trump because he was a terrible leader that seemed to learn no lessons from his first term.  Voting libertarian or rfk was my plan. To be counted as a supporter of something I actually agree with.

Trump changed his tune.  He brought in rfk, tulsi, Elon, and started talking about things that are actually important and bringing in people who actually have their priorities straight instead of catering to the Bible thumpers and his cult following.

He's still a terrible leader but he's acting like a good businessman now.  Recognizing where he's weak and bringing in people that are better than him in those aspects.    He actually gave me something to vote for . There's some chance that it won't end like his last term now and that we will be able to carry a win in 2028. Instead of another loss like 2020 after four years of trump trusting the swamp.  

Some people like to vote for something instead of voting for the slightly less shitty option that still fucking sucks.  Get mad at your candidate if that's them.  Not the people who refuse to participate in a game you can't win.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#38]

My brother in Christ..

What?

View Quote

The poster imagined me in a sexual situation with Kamala. I complimented him on his vivid way of looking at things. If Trump loses, copium will be in short supply.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:18:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#39]

View Quote

If anyone is demoralized by posts on arfcom they were weak and dumb enough to be Democrats anyway and were never going to vote Trump in the first place. Seriously. Anyone that can be demoralized buy posts on arfcom is to stupid to be able to tie their own shoes.

I think people that worry about it are projecting. Just because they are unstable and easily stayed they assume everyone is.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Zelensky?
View All Quotes

Zelensky?

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Guy on internet says it = bad
Trump says it = good

Lol

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:26:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
This is correct.  

I wasn't going to vote for trump because he was a terrible leader that seemed to learn no lessons from his first term.  Voting libertarian or rfk was my plan. To be counted as a supporter of something I actually agree with.

Trump changed his tune.  He brought in rfk, tulsi, Elon, and started talking about things that are actually important and bringing in people who actually have their priorities straight instead of catering to the Bible thumpers and his cult following.

He's still a terrible leader but he's acting like a good businessman now.  Recognizing where he's weak and bringing in people that are better than him in those aspects.    He actually gave me something to vote for . There's some chance that it won't end like his last term now and that we will be able to carry a win in 2028. Instead of another loss like 2020 after four years of trump trusting the swamp.  

Some people like to vote for something instead of voting for the slightly less shitty option that still fucking sucks.  Get mad at your candidate if that's them.  Not the people who refuse to participate in a game you can't win.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

However, the choice isn't binary at the voting booth.  There are plenty of other options.  Just because one of them isn't guaranteed to win does not make it an invalid choice.

Fair enough and I'm sorry.  

That said  I just don't agree with you.

It's perfectly rational and reasonable to hate both of the main candidates equally and write someone else in.  I'm not doing that, but I understand that others might and I'm not going to make the stretch that "you're ok with Harris because you're writing someone in or voting 3rd party."

If we only voted for someone who can win, then all of California's Republican voters should just stay home.
This is correct.  

Link Posted: Yesterday 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:

If anyone is demoralized by posts on arfcom they were weak and dumb enough to be Democrats anyway and were never going to vote Trump in the first place. Seriously. Anyone that can be demoralized buy posts on arfcom is to stupid to be able to tie their own shoes.

I think people that worry about it are projecting. Just because they are unstable and easily stayed they assume everyone is.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:51:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#45]

View Quote

Now THAT is some real Trumplogic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Off-the-Grid] [#46]
Well that was weird...
Looked like about what I would expect.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:03:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MADMAXXX] [#47]

Secondly, if writing in Massie gets you Harris, then there is a distinction without a difference.  Thus, if one knows tthat writing in Massie will not get Massie because its impossible to happen then it infers they wouldn't have a problem with Harris because otherwise if they really did not want Harris, they would vote for someone who could actually beat her.  So yes, writing in some fantasy candidate rather than a reality opposition to Harris is an indication they would be fine with Harris.  We learned that lesson the hard way in 1992 with Perot who was an even more viable candidate than Massie and we ended up with Clinton. Well done!
View Quote

Link Posted: Yesterday 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:
Well that was weird...
View Quote

That pretty much describes this whole TDS thread.
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#49]

The poster imagined me in a sexual situation with Kamala. I complimented him on his vivid way of looking at things. If Trump loses, copium will be in short supply.
View Quote

I'm up at midnight on my vacation studying RAS rules and stuff.

This will give my nightmares bad dreams.

Link Posted: Yesterday 1:54:33 AM EDT
[#50]

I'm up at midnight on my vacation studying RAS rules and stuff.

This will give my nightmares bad dreams.

View Quote

METOO#
Page / 188
People not Voting for Trump (Page 180 of 188)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top