Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It does show someone that was recently deceased with the same name and my home address linked with that person.  If you can search a thread by me many months ago, there was an incident with several realtors show up at my house thinking I passed away and wanted the next of kin, relative, or whatever to sell the house through them.  I was not even "deaded" for a few days before the vultures started showing up at my doorsteps.
View Quote
That sucks.  Sometimes it's an invitation to a burglary.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Missed by " " much.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Missed by " " much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Missed by " " much.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have waited 21 pages for closure to this saga.. How much longer must we wait?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So N_H, she call yet?
View Quote
She is probably not awake yet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That sucks.  Sometimes it's an invitation to a burglary.
View Quote
Yeah, sometimes I am the designated house sitter for funerals.  My uncle's next door neighbor who was part of Merrill's Marauders home was burglarized during his funeral.

One thing for certain, I will not have anyone advertise my funeral in some obituary.  Another thing is all my properties will be put in trusts, I am not have anyone just sell my hard earned shit to blow the cash away on stupid shit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
So what's the latest?  Did you ever talk to the realtor?  How many more times did she call you?  Did she visit your office again?  Have you made any kind of response to anyone yet?  What is your plan of action?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, sometimes I am the designated house sitter for funerals.  My uncle's next door neighbor who was part of Merrill's Marauders home was burglarized during his funeral.

One thing for certain, I will not have anyone advertise my funeral in some obituary.  Another thing is all my properties will be put in trusts, I am not have anyone just sell my hard earned shit to blow the cash away on stupid shit.
View Quote
Just read the Wikipedia for Merrill's Marauders. I wasn't even aware we fought in China in World War II. Those guys put up with some serious shit. It said by the end only two of the original members had never been hospitalized and every member of the unit was awarded a Bronze Star.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s as low brow as the people twirling signs on street corners.
View Quote
I used to do that.

<screen name checks out >
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am pretty confident that if an armored car crashed and flipped in the street in front of your property, and a bag of money landed in your lawn ... and you kept it, you would be charged with a crime (if caught).

But, I am not a penguin, so maybe I am wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not the signs.  it's the "willful removal of someones property without contacting the owner" etc.  Like found money can't just be kept.  Even if it's on your property.

I'm not at all sure about whether the signs fall into that kind of thing, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Remind me to never move to Oregon.
Found money cant just be kept, even if it's on your property, my ass.
Money on my property? Guess who it belongs to? Guess.
I am pretty confident that if an armored car crashed and flipped in the street in front of your property, and a bag of money landed in your lawn ... and you kept it, you would be charged with a crime (if caught).

If it lands in my coy pond, does it belong to Spain?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You'll want to read it all.

We did the work, so should you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not reading 20 pages. Other than the original post, has anything happened?
You'll want to read it all.

We did the work, so should you.
no stolen valor
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just read the Wikipedia for Merrill's Marauders. I wasn't even aware we fought in China in World War II. Those guys put up with some serious shit. It said by the end only two of the original members had never been hospitalized and every member of the unit was awarded a Bronze Star.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CBI theater
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Update

Just got a call from some guy regarding the missing signs.  He demands that I return the signs back of he will smash my face in his voicemail.

Well this has escalated well.

Going to file this with HPD now since this is Terroristic Threat with the Texas Penal Code.

Going over to the police station right now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Awesome escalation
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#16]
This thread is delivering
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I mean I get what the realtor did was stupid.
And OP cleaned up the trash from his property...

But...OP seems like a guy who hates any sort of confrontation and avoids it at all cost no matter what it is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Update

Just got a call from some guy regarding the missing signs.  He demands that I return the signs back of he will smash my face in his voicemail.

Going to file this with HPD now since this is Terroristic Threat with the Texas Penal Code.

View Quote
Must be the husband/boyfriend.

They may get matching bracelets.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:24:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Must be the husband/boyfriend.

They may get matching bracelets.
View Quote
I hope they both enjoy anal.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:25:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote
Thread is really delivering now.  Any clue if homeboy is Courtney Cox’s boss or significant other?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Gettin' good!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But...OP seems like a guy who hates any sort of confrontation and avoids it at all cost no matter what it is.
View Quote
I think OP is playing it smart.  Why confront or deal with people that trespass and use his property without permission then threaten him right out of the gate?  Let them build a case against themselves and handle it through legal channels.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#24]
I fucking love this thread!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not the signs.  it's the "willful removal of someones property without contacting the owner" etc.  Like found money can't just be kept.  Even if it's on your property.

I'm not at all sure about whether the signs fall into that kind of thing, but it wouldn't surprise me.

No need to be koi, roy
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, that is just playing it smart. AKA giving them enough rope to hang themselves.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think OP is playing it smart.  Why confront or deal with people that trespass and use his property without permission then threaten him right out of the gate?  Let them build a case against themselves and handle it through legal channels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its starting to become a story that has been played here before that resulted in people posting "when assholes collide".
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:39:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Now it's a party!!!

Stay safe OP
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote
Please tell,  did caller ID or phone show inbound number?  (Not asking for the number, just asking if ya got the number)
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Tag for the next update.

On page 42.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:48:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Tag for the next update.

On page 42.
View Quote
No kidding. I skipped from pg. 2 to 21. Nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Its starting to become a story that has been played here before that resulted in people posting "when assholes collide".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, if the realtor had been contrite and politely asked for the signs back and OP ignored her then maybe.  She immediately went full retard instead and appears to be doubling down.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote
I'm calling BS
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm calling BS
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update

I'm calling BS
I could be wrong but I don't think anything in  this thread ever happened.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No need to be koi, roy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No need to be koi, roy
There must be fifty ways to leave fucking auto correct.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Had a dip shit realtor do the same shit in the front yard of my house.   Put a giant open house arrow in the middle of my lawn(corner lot) directing traffic to where ever.

To show my appreciation I took the sign down, along with every other sign un the neighborhood, and dumped them in a trash far from home.

Some realtors are scum of the earth and could stand to use a reminder every so often.

I am sure the open house was a smashing failure that day.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Update

View Quote
OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the way back on page 1 I called it, that this would be the genesis of OP's next gunfight.

OP - just start wearing a body cam now so that you get it on video this time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:05:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He might not have a choice in the matter.

The "face smasher" seems to have two locations he can reasonably expect to find the OP at, IF he's smart enough to keep a low profile while surveilling the properties.

It all depends on how far the guy wants to push it, how dumb he is, and how patient he is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Lets hear the voicemail.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Eh, if the realtor had been contrite and politely asked for the signs back and OP ignored her then maybe.  She immediately went full retard instead and appears to be doubling down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP is certainly on the right side of the law here.  These signs and others in the Houston area are so bad they have a "bandit sign" initiative and train people on how to identify illegal signs and pick them up and throw them away.  Our neighborhood is constantly littered with them: realtors, election cycles, roofing, contractors, bob buys houses, etc., etc.

That being said, this could be avoided and OP is enjoying poking the bear right now.

In for the continued fun....
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:08:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update

I'm calling BS
Just curious........Why do you think that ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:09:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Had a dip shit realator do the same shit in the front yard of my house.   Put a giant open house arrow in the middle of my lawn(corner lot) directing traffic to where ever.

To show my appreciation I took the sign down, along with every other sign un the neighborhood, and dumped them in a trash far from home.

Some realators are scum of the earth and could stand tobuse a remunder every so often.
View Quote
Have you been drinking heavily or is it a defective keyboard? I'm typically good at reading typonese, but this is bending my mind a bit much!
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Isn't op the guy who went to war with uhaul because they were parking trucks in his empty lot? How many empty lots does op operate?
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Have you been drinking heavily or is it a defective keyboard? I'm typically good at reading typonese, but this is bending my mind a bit much!
View Quote
Fat thumbs and a phone that is getting older.

Usually certain letters at the edges get missed.  Have to edit after I post often.  The areas around the E and the I are pretty bad.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update

I'm calling BS
It just seems a little far fetched but hey if I'm wrong I'll man up.  Maybe OP just loves a fight.
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top