Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 252
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#1]
New Jerseyans Call Out Biden On Afghanistan: “You Leave Americans Behind!”

New Jerseyans Call Out Biden On Afghanistan: “You Leave Americans Behind!”

Rep. Boebert: Release the Transcript NOW!
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bombshell leaked emails prove the State Department DID block Afghan evacuation flights even if they had Americans on board, report claims

The emails, reportedly sent by an unnamed State Department official on September 1, show the department turning its back on the charter flights even as Biden officials claimed the opposite.

The State Department refused to green light a number of privately chartered flights out of Afghanistan that could have evacuated US citizens and Afghan special immigrant visa applicants, leaked emails reportedly show.

Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo shared the communications with Fox after he organized some of the flights and now claims the federal government thwarted his rescue effort.

The leaked emails show State officials refusing to allow Montalvo's privately paid for flights to use US property either inside the country or at one of its many overseas bases, after the Biden administration pledged to do whatever it can to rescue all Americans and as many Afghan allies as possible.

'No independent charters are allowed' at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar,' an email from September 1 says.

'In fact, no charters are allowed to land at a DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land.'

Continued

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bombshell leaked emails prove the State Department DID block Afghan evacuation flights even if they had Americans on board, report claims

The emails, reportedly sent by an unnamed State Department official on September 1, show the department turning its back on the charter flights even as Biden officials claimed the opposite.

The State Department refused to green light a number of privately chartered flights out of Afghanistan that could have evacuated US citizens and Afghan special immigrant visa applicants, leaked emails reportedly show.

Military lawyer and retired Marine Eric Montalvo shared the communications with Fox after he organized some of the flights and now claims the federal government thwarted his rescue effort.

The leaked emails show State officials refusing to allow Montalvo's privately paid for flights to use US property either inside the country or at one of its many overseas bases, after the Biden administration pledged to do whatever it can to rescue all Americans and as many Afghan allies as possible.

'No independent charters are allowed' at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar,' an email from September 1 says.

'In fact, no charters are allowed to land at a DoD base and most if not all countries in the Middle Eastern region, with the exception of perhaps Saudi Arabia will allow charters to land.'

Continued

View Quote

Shocked I tell you simply shocked.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m ashamed of what our country’s Govt has become.

I only wish certain_people also felt that shame.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can we wait until they are in a meeting and bomb the fuck out of them? Jesus Christ these are wanted terrorist. Fucks sake!
View Quote

We would if Trump was still in the WH, but then we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Even if the remaining Americans were killed tomorrow, I wonder if we would even retaliate.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:34:46 PM EDT
[#6]
The dems/libs seem to be good at withholding support for air or air support when they have other plans.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We would if Trump was still in the WH, but then we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Even if the remaining Americans were killed tomorrow, I wonder if we would even retaliate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can we wait until they are in a meeting and bomb the fuck out of them? Jesus Christ these are wanted terrorist. Fucks sake!

We will probably get to find out on September 11.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:03:47 PM EDT
[#8]
It was two earlier, now we're up to four

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:53:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You make a DAM good point. I don't want to see this thread go away. Plus I think it's A LOT bigger than getting 13 killed. I am afraid the weapons and technology they provided to the enemy are going to get 100s if not thousands killed in the future. I would love to know more about why we where leaving drone jamming equipment and drones behind without destroying that tech.  Plus how much damage is it going to be letting china have "encrypted radios" what ever those admin encrypted cell phones are. Just thinking we gave china a peek into everything we have right as they seem about to get froggy. Most of that shit, they won't let a American have, but they are cool with letting our enemies have it. Plus all the friends and fellow Americans left in that shit hole. WTF how is this not still front and center in the news.
View Quote

I mostly come to arfcom to check on this thread.

All we can hope for is that our pissed off allies have a longer attention span then our own country.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump and Pompeo chose Baradar as the guy to whom they wanted to surrender Afghanistan. I have sincere doubts that if the US had managed a more orderly withdrawal that there would be any desire whatsoever to reengage militarily. IME the outcome would have been the same,just possibly somewhat less embarrassing.
 It took 4 administrations to get to this point and it’s hardly as if whatever Americans currently there are killed will be the last. There will be terror attacks by Afghan “refugees” and there will be further terror plots hatched and planned in Afghanistan. It’s hardly as if the reasons why 9/11 took place are gone. The goal was to lure the US into a war where it could be defeated and now they know this is absolutely possible,it’s just that they didn’t get their war to topple the Saudis and create the caliphate. I think the next few years are going to be quite spicy in the Islamic world,especially as Iran believes it can come out the winner if the jihadis and Gulf monarchies fight.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:18:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Ha!

The fact that there was one in AFG in the first place tells you all need to know
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:44:47 PM EDT
[#12]
'It would be such an honor to meet the real president': Gold Star mother of Marine killed in ISIS-K blast invites Trump to her son's funeral after saying Biden 'has blood of all 13 heroes on his hands'

The mother of one of the Marines killed in a suicide attack in Afghanistan has invited Donald Trump to attend the funeral, snubbing President Joe Biden after slamming him as responsible for the deaths of US troops.

Shana Chappell, the mother of 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Kareem Nikoui, invited Trump to attend his funeral in a Facebook post, writing: 'It would be such an honor to meet the real President of the United States of America, President Trump. I love you and America loves you.'

It was not immediately clear whether Trump planned to attend the September 18 funeral in Riverside, California, but he acknowledged Chappell's invitation in a statement, saying, 'Thank you Shana—our Country loves you and especially loves your beautiful boy, Kareem.'

Chappell has been vocal in blaming Biden for the 13 troops killed during the botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, writing in another Facebook post: 'THE BLOOD OF ALL 13 OF THESE HEROES IS ON YOUR HANDS!!!'

More
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Continued

View Quote

Ok, so from the standpoint of whatever the SOFA says for those receiving countries, the denial makes a little bit of sense.

But that is what you are supposed to have diplomats for: "Hey guys, we've got a teensy problem, can we land in your country with a very special, very temporary exception to our SOFA? Pretty Please"?

So rather than create a diplomatic incident in these countries, and because of this botched withdrawal they haven't made any arrangements beforehand, the easy thing to do as a bureaucrat is to say, "Well, they were allowed on the plane in the first place, so let's have them wait a week while we sort this out".

That's shitty obviously, but here's the thing to remember: piss poor planning can actually result in worse outcomes than a proper conspiracy. I mean really, do you think if they planned it, it could have gone any worse? It's making them look bad, and they hate that ahead of everything else.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Ok, so from the standpoint of whatever the SOFA says for those receiving countries, the denial makes a little bit of sense.

But that is what you are supposed to have diplomats for: "Hey guys, we've got a teensy problem, can we land in your country with a very special, very temporary exception to our SOFA? Pretty Please"?

So rather than create a diplomatic incident in these countries, and because of this botched withdrawal they haven't made any arrangements beforehand, the easy thing to do as a bureaucrat is to say, "Well, they were allowed on the plane in the first place, so let's have them wait a week while we sort this out".

That's shitty obviously, but here's the thing to remember: piss poor planning can actually result in worse outcomes than a proper conspiracy. I mean really, do you think if they planned it, it could have gone any worse? It's making them look bad, and they hate that ahead of everything else.
View Quote

Coc and all... Just it's a MIGHT past "look bad".
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m ashamed of what our country’s Govt has become.

I only wish certain_people also felt that shame.

View Quote

There are a bunch of those "certain_people" in this thread lamenting the fucked up situation in Afghanistan caused by their boy but it's worth it to them since orangemanbad is gone.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 4:28:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-uSzd3WUAolwBs?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

That tells me all I need to know about our past and present Democratic leadership.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

China's party run news media has lately been telling their citizens that COVID is a biological warfare attack from the US, that the US has been conducting cyber warfare against China through social media, and that the anti-government protests in Hong Kong are being caused by the US.  In other words, they are telling their own people that the war has already started (but shooting hasn't yet started), and the US government started it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcvDMDg8TY
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The rate of pages being added to this thread makes me worry for how hot this issue is going to remain.

Does anyone have state/local news about their elected officials and reactions to this fiasco?

If the "exciting" news is slowing down, we should turn this thread into a clearinghouse of related political news, to keep this front and center for the 2022 Midterms.

We can't allow people to forget, or for politicians to slide and act like this doesn't matter.

Remember Our 13 Lost!

You make a DAM good point. I don't want to see this thread go away. Plus I think it's A LOT bigger than getting 13 killed. I am afraid the weapons and technology they provided to the enemy are going to get 100s if not thousands killed in the future. I would love to know more about why we where leaving drone jamming equipment and drones behind without destroying that tech.  Plus how much damage is it going to be letting china have "encrypted radios" what ever those admin encrypted cell phones are. Just thinking we gave china a peek into everything we have right as they seem about to get froggy. Most of that shit, they won't let a American have, but they are cool with letting our enemies have it. Plus all the friends and fellow Americans left in that shit hole. WTF how is this not still front and center in the news.

China's party run news media has lately been telling their citizens that COVID is a biological warfare attack from the US, that the US has been conducting cyber warfare against China through social media, and that the anti-government protests in Hong Kong are being caused by the US.  In other words, they are telling their own people that the war has already started (but shooting hasn't yet started), and the US government started it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xcvDMDg8TY

That’s how you psychologically prepare the populace for war.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Man! Don't bleed all over the rug... It really ties the room together!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Man! Don't bleed all over the rug... It really ties the room together!

At 0:45 does it sound to anyone else like someone with an American accent says "don't worry about all that"?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Coc and all... Just it's a MIGHT past "look bad".
View Quote

Oh yeah, understatement of the century. And because their priorities are so obviously fucked up, we should make this Administration own the fuck out of these failures, and then rub their smug noses in it again, once they are trounced in the Midterms.

But we shouldn't relent until that is exactly what happens.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:54:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There are a bunch of those "certain_people" in this thread lamenting the fucked up situation in Afghanistan caused by their boy but it's worth it to them since orangemanbad is gone.
View Quote

Do what I do: ignore those people. They're cucks most of em' anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#21]
lol

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#22]
''Tyrant!'' | Biden gets cold welcome in New Jersey
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-uSzd3WUAolwBs?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Is it just me, or do the two dudes on the left look like the same person, and the two on the right look like the same person?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

lol, what did they expect?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:12:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Exclusive: Armed American Civilians on Private Plane to Afghanistan Arrested in Dubai

https://www.newsweek.com/armed-us-citizens-caught-way-afghanistan-raising-concerns-rogue-civilian-operations-1626852
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I used to wonder how the Japanese could be in such denial about thoroughly losing WW2. Now I see it. We lost a war to a Pakistan proxy and nobody in a position of leadership can admit it. Probably because nobody in a position of leadership is a leader. Afghanistan is going to be the terrorist training capital of the world after they defeated the US.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:15:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:27:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Exclusive: Armed American Civilians on Private Plane to Afghanistan Arrested in Dubai

https://www.newsweek.com/armed-us-citizens-caught-way-afghanistan-raising-concerns-rogue-civilian-operations-1626852
View Quote

Politicos calling for an investigation into whether these Americans were members of fringe or extremists groups.  Fucking rich, ignore the administrations actions harming americans and placating several opposition foriegn governments and an extremist islamic government.

Fucking clown show playing out daily right in front of us.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:44:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

If the State Department wants to know where all the women are at they are currently locked away in a banks basement.

Video

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Politicos calling for an investigation into whether these Americans were members of fringe or extremists groups.  Fucking rich, ignore the administrations actions harming americans and placating several opposition foriegn governments and an extremist islamic government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the article:

News of the affair drew a stark response from U.S. Representative Ritchie Torres of New York, vice chair of the Committee on Homeland Security, who argued the group should be swiftly investigated to determine what exactly they planned to do and whether or not they may have ties to domestic fringe groups who regularly call for flaunting federal regulations.

"The attempt by armed Americans to enter Afghanistan for reasons unknown is cause for alarm," Torres said in remarks sent to Newsweek. "The Department of Justice must investigate who these people are, what were their intentions and motivations, and what, if any, ties do these individuals have to extremism here at home."

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:13:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

Just when you think, "This can't be fucking real" this government goes and says something even more unreal.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I used to wonder how the Japanese could be in such denial about thoroughly losing WW2. Now I see it. We lost a war to a Pakistan proxy and nobody in a position of leadership can admit it. Probably because nobody in a position of leadership is a leader. Afghanistan is going to be the terrorist training capital of the world after they defeated the US.
View Quote

Because it would pull the string of the entire foreign policy establishment sweater.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just when you think, "This can't be fucking real" this government goes and says something even more unreal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

If it weren’t so dire it would be hilarious.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If it weren’t so dire it would be hilarious.

View Quote

Yep. The next step, like a drunk looking for his car keys under the streetlight since that is where the light is, will be the full scale assault on the domestic right, since that's an enemy within the Left's locus of control.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

i bet 4 of the 7 were FBLie informants
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ha!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-uNdUYVgAMrhPW?format=jpg&name=small

The fact that there was one in AFG in the first place tells you all need to know
View Quote

That's serious shit... I wonder if Twitter will ban them now?
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Part of the Japan thing was a reluctance to talk about things that would embarrass superiors.  Most of the history of WW2 was completely omitted from history textbooks below college level, until the people in their government who had fought in WW2 had died off - not just the people that had been in leadership positions during WW2, but also those who had been young recruits in the Japanese military in 1945.  I think it was around the early 1990s that their history professors were able to begin adding the history of WW2 to history textbooks that are used at the high school level.

For much of their population, it wasn't denial, but something that had never really been explained to them.  Something like getting blackout drunk, then the next morning some person walking up and decking them (because of something that happened while they were drunk), leaving them sitting on the floor wondering why the hell they got punched, while most of the people around them (who know what happened the night before) try to ignore the situation and find something else to do.

Our current "leadership" is trying to set up the same sort of situation.  They want the news media to play along, quit asking questions about the topic, and leave the whole mess as something to be quickly forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
lol

View Quote

China welcomes new Taliban gov’t as the West expresses concerns

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That's serious shit... I wonder if Twitter will ban them now?
View Quote

Now old boy really can't breath with that coat of paint over him!
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet they will be brought up on terror charges for Going to try to rescue citizens from certain death by any means necessary when the government will not.

Clown world.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#46]
A little closer to home...

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

All the bullshit that's happened and that's the thing they zero in on to be concerned about.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#48]
*Twilight Zone*

Blinken Downplays Terrorists In Taliban Government As People With “Very Challenging Track Records”

Blinken Downplays Terrorists In Taliban Government As People With “Very Challenging Track Records”
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Secretary Of State Blinken: “The Taliban Are Not Permitting The Charter Flights To Depart”

Secretary Of State Blinken: “The Taliban Are Not Permitting The Charter Flights To Depart”
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 252
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top