Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You give an example of additional facts that would support a reasonable articulable suspicion of current or pending criminal action, as specified in _Terry_.

Walking down the street legally carrying a rifle does not meet that standard...
View Quote
It could easily meet that standard under a myriad of circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
And police aren't excluded from that right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Self defense is a human right, not just a right for police.
And police aren't excluded from that right.
When acting as a government official, police officers have POWERS, not rights.  There is a difference, even if criminal justice 101 didn't cover them.

Which is why although I have the right to self-defense, I don't have the right to go taking someone else's guns away absent an immediate, credible threat to my life or that of a third party.  Such factors as verbal threats, hostile body language, all of the factors that are considered parts of means, motive, and opportunity.

It is truly scary from a civil rights perspective that you apparently embrace such an expansive view of government powers at the expense of civil liberties, it certainly contradicts everything in the founding documents of this nation.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think he was just saying that we are all equals and all have the same rights. That's what his "if you can finger fuck my gun I should be able to finger fuck your gun" argument was based on. But the way things are set up we are definitely the low man on the totem pole when it comes to being free to use those rights without some sort of punishment vs certain law enforcement. All of my in person dealings with law enforcement has been pretty positive as far as I can remember. But it is not that way on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s perfectly ok to disarm someone as part of a contact if that is what the office feels need to be done and he can articulate it. You don’t have to like it, but you need to decide to either comply or escalate.

I find it comical that you think it would be ok to try and disarm me. Please give it a try.
Wow, power trip much?  You really think you are above the law, dont you?  Wanting a normal person to try to disarm you so you can "get it on"  This is exactly the mentality that is completely tarnishing the vaunted law enforcement profession...
Not on any trip and fully follow the law. I have a life long love of the Constitution and in addition to have sworn multiple oaths to support and defend it, I also understand what my authorities and powers are and I never exceed them. Regardless of what you wrongly believe,  I’m on the side of legally armed society and will continue to do so. I won’t be LEO for many more years than I will be one and I act accordingly. I don’t abuse my authorities.
It was certainly the vibe I picked up as well. The last sentence 2 posts of yours ago i found particularly gross. Keep it civil
And that was in response to some dude wanting to disarm me for whatever. I don’t ( and 99% of LEOs) dont spend their duty time either looking to fuck with people or are looking to use lethal force on people. We really don’t. I’ve been through it and it sucks. At the same time, once I’ve decided to initiate a contact I’m going to set myself up for success as best as I can given the circumstances I’ve being thrown into. And my actions are reviewable under law and agency policy. It’s never thunderdome and I (we) are answerable for all of our actions.
I think he was just saying that we are all equals and all have the same rights. That's what his "if you can finger fuck my gun I should be able to finger fuck your gun" argument was based on. But the way things are set up we are definitely the low man on the totem pole when it comes to being free to use those rights without some sort of punishment vs certain law enforcement. All of my in person dealings with law enforcement has been pretty positive as far as I can remember. But it is not that way on the internet.
And that’s what makes the internet so much like a special olympics debate club. Most of the guys running their suck in this thread would never say most of the things they type out loud and to another human.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When acting as a government official, police officers have POWERS, not rights.  There is a difference, even if criminal justice 101 didn't cover them.

Which is why although I have the right to self-defense, I don't have the right to go taking someone else's guns away absent an immediate, credible threat to my life or that of a third party.  Such factors as verbal threats, hostile body language, all of the factors that are considered parts of means, motive, and opportunity.

It is truly scary from a civil rights perspective that you apparently embrace such an expansive view of government powers at the expense of civil liberties, it certainly contradicts everything in the founding documents of this nation.
View Quote
lol arguing PC and police procedure translates into endorsing expansive government powers.
You sovereigns/anarchists/ANTIFAs are so invested in "muh oppressive government" victimhood that you're incapable of a structured discussion.
Nobody in this thread has defended the cop 100% but any rebuttal, any pushback, become advocating for ubiquitous government control.
Get over yourself snowflake.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And this picture is exactly what is wrong in civilian police work.  Let me start out by writing that I was a USAR MP Lieutenant.  I was trained to be a cop in "war."

A civilian police officer is supposed to be a "peace" officer, not a "war" officer. It is that attitude why so many civilian police are problems.  If you are so afraid that you have to take a "war" footing against the people are you are sworn to "protect and serve," turn in your badge.  If you check the National Safety Council, you'll see occupations in forestry, fishing, and farming, to name a few, that are more dangerous than police work. But it seems police are the only ones who want to eliminate rights of the public to make them "safer."

Let pass so wisdom an Captain at USAMPS (US Army MP School) passed on.  He warned us that, if we ever lose the support of the people, we were in trouble. If police like fat boy in the video keep rolling, and the "good" police don't make a stand against the bad police, you will lose support of the people.  And if you do, it won't be the gangbanger you'll have to worry about.

Please "protect and serve" or turn in your badge and get into a job where you can feel "safe."
View Quote
Other LEOs need to dish out this type of internal policing to lardbutter mcauthritay:

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MP giving how to police advice. Priceless.
Well its a lot better than the actual police giving police advice in this thread.
For a rare blue moon, I'm agreeing with an MP because they are making logical and relevant statements to the topic at hand.

We call that a clue.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MP giving how to police advice. Priceless.
The Police giving police advice has been good. The anti police crowd just doesn’t like to hear it. An officer can disarm you as part of a contact. He doesn't have to, but he can. You can yell muh rats all you want but it’s well within his pervue to do so.
I now see why your thoughts on this matter are defective.

Your reasoning is that when we as citizens have legitimate issues with scumbaggery from LEOs who don't know and can't seem to follow the law or departmental policies, that makes anyone who criticizes his indefensible actions part of "The anti-police crowd".

You see how your argument doesn't hold up, right?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I never said anything about LEOs should be the only ones armed in public.
How about you stop putting words in my mouth?
Officers got a complaint from someone. Obviously even in TX, this is an unusual enough event that it prompted a call to the police.
Officers responded out and dealt with the situation.
I don't care what you think of as "retarded". We deal with all sorts of retards on a daily basis who make situations worse than they need to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's retarded as shit. He wasn't breaking the law, yet in your mind he shouldn't be doing it anyways because only you and your fellow LEO's should carry guns in public?

@extorris he's doing it again!
I never said anything about LEOs should be the only ones armed in public.
How about you stop putting words in my mouth?
Officers got a complaint from someone. Obviously even in TX, this is an unusual enough event that it prompted a call to the police.
Officers responded out and dealt with the situation.
I don't care what you think of as "retarded". We deal with all sorts of retards on a daily basis who make situations worse than they need to be.
Thank you for your frequent reminders of why we need the Second Ammendment
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And that’s what makes the internet so much like a special olympics debate club. Most of the guys running their suck in this thread would never say most of the things they type out loud and to another human.
View Quote
I try to be more polite online than I am in real life, because everyone online is a millionaire with a 12" dick and 5 silver stars. Unfortunately, all my IRL meetings with American LEOs have devolved into conspicuously avoiding eye contact with their beer bellies.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's clearly a case of a local boy, above the law type sh*tbag who knows he can get away with asserting his authoritay against people not committing any crimes, then then lies about the case in his report and testimony to escape any checks and balances that the State of Texas might have written somewhere.

He escalated the situation when no escalation was necessary, then took it further than needed with an unlawful arrest.

The other deputy continued the local tradition by interrogating the son and lying to him repeatedly to assert further undue dominance against law-abiding people minding their own business.

There is clearly a leadership problem in the area where the LEOs know they can get away with this behavior and will be supported by the other good 'ol boys, same as it has been for decades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officer told him to not touch his gun, he touched the gun.
We see so many videos where some officer doesn't control some guy well enough and the officer gets hurt or killed and people here can't stop criticizing the officer.
Here we have an officer who controlled a guy who acted against his instructions, and all you do again is criticize.
The guy is doing a ten mile hike with his son? Why does he have to lug an AR down the road for that task?
Seriously, do people here not understand that while people on a  gun forum think its OK, the people who post here are not the general public.
It's clearly a case of a local boy, above the law type sh*tbag who knows he can get away with asserting his authoritay against people not committing any crimes, then then lies about the case in his report and testimony to escape any checks and balances that the State of Texas might have written somewhere.

He escalated the situation when no escalation was necessary, then took it further than needed with an unlawful arrest.

The other deputy continued the local tradition by interrogating the son and lying to him repeatedly to assert further undue dominance against law-abiding people minding their own business.

There is clearly a leadership problem in the area where the LEOs know they can get away with this behavior and will be supported by the other good 'ol boys, same as it has been for decades.
Quite a few Boss Hog wannabes who never had the balls to fight for their country but want to play billy badass when they know theres no real danger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you think that you can do it better, knock yourself out and take the test and go through the hiring process.
Show us how its done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no need for an investigation there Dudley Dooright...  How about walking up to the guy and saying Hello, introducing yourself and then asking nicely what he's doing and why he might be carrying the firearm while doing it?  Just because someone has a rifle slung doesn't mean they are a criminal.  If that officer, or any officer for that matter doesn't have the situational awareness to see if that person is an actual threat in that time, they need to find another occupation.  I am getting tired of this type of behavior.  Its just like the left wailing about "if it saves just one child" bullshit, except its "if it saves just one law enforcement officer".  You signed up for the job, either put on your big boy pants and do it without infringing on law abiding citizens rights, or find another line of work.
If you think that you can do it better, knock yourself out and take the test and go through the hiring process.
Show us how its done.
Why are you defending a mentally-deficient, obese turd of a representative of LE, who has some of the poorest interaction with the community, no negotiation skills, and no physical security sense for his own safety?

This guy should be the whipping post of every decent LEO in here, but instead, you come to his defense as if his conduct is acceptable, and have worked hard to find fault in every possible way with the citizen peacefully exercising their rights while doing a merit badge requirement hike with his son.

Think about what that says about your character, and how faulty this line of thinking is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quite a few Boss Hog wannabes who never had the balls to fight for their country but want to play billy badass when they know theres no real danger.
View Quote
Not combat, but I'll bet the relatives of 5 cops killed on 7-7-16 in downtown Dallas would argue with you about the danger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah it's time to warm up the ignore button
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.
It's time to warm up the ban hammer on jack boots.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I never argued it was unlimited; I'll tell you what though, any cop worth a shit sees suspicious activity (guy slinking around a closed business in a high burglary for just one example) and approaches the individual who acts squirrels, he's gonna get patted down for weapons. You and your fellow anarchist/sovereign citizens may not like that but tough fucking shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You strangely don't address that _Terry_ is NOT an unlimited power to stop and frisk individuals walking down the street...

Btw, you're on a gun site where the vast majority of posters support law and order, arguing in such a manner as to cause at least some people to question whether law enforcement is properly filling the governmental role of protecting rights...
I never argued it was unlimited; I'll tell you what though, any cop worth a shit sees suspicious activity (guy slinking around a closed business in a high burglary for just one example) and approaches the individual who acts squirrels, he's gonna get patted down for weapons. You and your fellow anarchist/sovereign citizens may not like that but tough fucking shit.
Law abiding citizens who expect LEOs to follow the law does not equal anarchist/sovereign citizens.

These are blatant fallacies you're creating to defend the actions of an LEO who doesn't deserve the trust of his community to have these duties and responsibilities.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Do it!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

lol arguing PC and police procedure translates into endorsing expansive government powers.
You sovereigns/anarchists/ANTIFAs are so invested in "muh oppressive government" victimhood that you're incapable of a structured discussion.
Nobody in this thread has defended the cop 100% but any rebuttal, any pushback, become advocating for ubiquitous government control.
View Quote
So when, in your opinion, is an officer justified in disarming a citizen?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its this type of rationalization that guys like you have in this thread that makes it pointless to even discuss anything with you. You're so disassociated from reality I don't see how you can function in the real world.
Stop resisting!! Stop resisting!! Sir your dead corpse is still resisting!!

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Law abiding citizen who has serious questions about the illegal conduct of this officer in the incident = sovereigns/anarchists/ANTIFAs.

If this is truly how you think, you need to hang it up.

You are not worthy of your profession.

We expect and demand much higher standards than you are able to perform to.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:22:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Law abiding citizens who expect LEOs to follow the law does not equal anarchist/sovereign citizens.

These are blatant fallacies you're creating to defend the actions of an LEO who doesn't deserve the trust of his community to have these duties and responsibilities.
View Quote
Cops are government. A healthy skepticism of any government entity is not only important, but necessary in a free society.
These threads bring out those who rightfully question, but they also expose another type of member/poster, those with a visceral hatred of anything police or police related, or government related.
The guy who is looking at the death penalty for killing a Kileen cop and wounding two more has a cult like status here.
The guy who fired 4 rounds at cops shooting one in the face was a patriot defending his home to many here (based on one article).
Posters here tried to justify the loon who shot and killed the unarmed code enforcement woman.
Some posters have endorsed a police deadly force policy of only returning fire after being fired upon.
Just a few examples off the top of my head.
There are a lot here who, if not ANTIFA/anarchists/sovereign citizens sure do subscribe to their philosophy.
This is GD, it can be a free for all and everybody's entitled to their opinion based on their own worldview.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When he is breaking the law, not the LEOs interpretation of a law.

Had both the 1SG and Officer had a calm discussion this thread wouldn't exist.

If Officer Cupcake had not been a ass, chances are 1SG wouldn't have been a ass.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Before I retired I damn near shot a guy chasing another guy down a side street in a residential area. Guy had tunnel vision, didn't see me until I very impolitely told him to stop and drop the gun. He complied and I separated him from the weapon. Turns out he was chasing his teenaged daughters boyfriend because he jumped on her at the dads house. Nobody was arrested.
Should I have said to myself "gee there goes a freedom loving patriot running down the street exercising his 2nd ammendment right?"
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:27:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So do it, big mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do it, big mouth.
On a gun forum that is very supportive of LEOs, where we have major issues with the conduct of one particularly disgusting example of an LEO who every other LEO should be questioning as well, what do we have instead?

Not just some LEOs and former LEOs coming out of the woodwork to justify his unjustifiable actions, but equating the legitimate complaints of the citizenry about his actions with ANTIFA, sovereign citizens, and anarchists.

I would purge the site of people with those antagonistic and unwelcome points of view, especially once they start talking about escalating it even further to lethal force and personal attacks.

You don't ever side with a guy whose conduct is anything like the officer in the OP.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

On a gun forum that is very supportive of LEOs, where we have major issues with the conduct of one particularly disgusting example of an LEO who every other LEO should be questioning as well, what do we have instead?

Not just some LEOs and former LEOs coming out of the woodwork to justify his unjustifiable actions, but equating the legitimate complaints of the citizenry about his actions with ANTIFA, sovereign citizens, and anarchists.

I would purge the site of people with those antagonistic and unwelcome points of view, especially once they start talking about escalating it even further to lethal force and personal attacks.

You don't ever side with a guy whose conduct is anything like the officer in the OP.
View Quote
"Legitimate complaints"
Nobody justified all of that cops actions.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cops are government. A healthy skepticism of any government entity is not only important, but necessary in a free society.
These threads bring out those who rightfully question, but they also expose another type of member/poster, those with a visceral hatred of anything police or police related, or government related.
The guy who is looking at the death penalty for killing a Kileen cop and wounding two more has a cult like status here.
The guy who fired 4 rounds at cops shooting one in the face was a patriot defending his home to many here (based on one article).
Posters here tried to justify the loon who shot and killed the unarmed code enforcement woman.
Some posters have endorsed a police deadly force policy of only returning fire after being fired upon.
There are a lot here who, if not ANTIFA/anarchists/sovereign citizens sure do subscribe to their philosophy.
This is GD, it can be a free for all and everybody's entitled to their opinion based on their own worldview.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of that has anything to do with this incident, and this is the first time I've seen it brought up, by you.

You have to be able to separate all of that from this incident.

You don't circle the wagon around a fat moron who doesn't know how to do his job, then lies about his illegal encounter with the citizenry.

Why anyone would bring up sovereign citizens, ANTIFA, or anarchists makes absolutely no sense.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Jackasses collide.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

None of that has anything to do with this incident, and this is the first time I've seen it brought up, by you.

You don't circle the wagon around a fat moron who doesn't know how to do his job, then lies about his illegal encounter with the citizenry.

Why anyone would bring up sovereign citizens, ANTIFA, or anarchists makes absolutely no sense.
View Quote
Who circled the wagons around the fat moron? Trying to explain to you the legality of the initial contact is not circling the wagons around the fat moron.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He's lucky they didnt search his butt.

It is Texas after all.

@extorris
View Quote
Steers and queers!
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Exactly.  Which is why I noted they would ask "why" the guy was "suspicious".  It would have to be something other than the book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You get a call about a suspicious man with a book. No other details. Do you even respond to something like that? Assuming you are required to respond, do you take his book to see if you can find something illegal about it? Hey, maybe he has child porn in it. Or maybe it has a cut out hiding place for drugs.

Or do you just drive past and note that there is no evidence that any crime had been committed?

Do you stop every car that has a trunk because it could have a dead hooker in it?
How fucking often do you think a cop answers  a call about a suspicious person for doing nothing whatsoever but carrying a book?
Exactly.  Which is why I noted they would ask "why" the guy was "suspicious".  It would have to be something other than the book.
Be honest @Old_Painless:  which one do you shoot first? j/k

Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Before I retired I damn near shot a guy chasing another guy down a side street in a residential area. Guy had tunnel vision, didn't see me until I very impolitely told him to stop and drop the gun. He complied and I separated him from the weapon. Turns out he was chasing his teenaged daughters boyfriend because he jumped on her at the dads house. Nobody was arrested.
Should I have said to myself "gee there goes a freedom loving patriot running down the street exercising his 2nd ammendment right?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please tell me the common elements between the two incidents, because they are loose at best.  This is faulty rationale.

Nobody is suggesting unreasonable officer conduct in this thread.

The officer escalated where he didn't need to.  I have already stated that if I were in his shoes, I would want to know what was going on, and would formulate a course of action for making contact that made sense.

If I was genuinely concerned about public safety, I wouldn't roll up on him alone with an obese physical condition and just walk towards him, for starters.

If I sensed that he was just some guy out hiking with his kid and likely wasn't a threat, I would feel more comfortable about approaching.

He clearly wasn't in fear for his safety.

He just wanted to have a guy respect his authoritay, because he didn't like the guy for whatever reason.

He's not worthy of the profession, which was already evident based on his physique.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#31]
I once worked in a gun store with a POS former LEO who bragged about getting to confiscate this guys truck because he was riding in it to meet an escort.

I did not tell him, but that type of attitude is precisely why folks like myself look at cops the same way we look at snakes... they may have a purpose but damn if I want them around me.

If I thought I could get away with it, I’d rather just deal with a self defense shooting by just walking off and letting the buzzards eat my attacker.

I find it obscene that I have to have both a USCCA and US lawshield membership because the legal system is out to shaft good people.

In Self Defense: The Maddox Case - Initial Interview and Charges

Do you Need Carry Insurance? Lawyer Andrew Branca shoots us straight
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You give an example of additional facts that would support a reasonable articulable suspicion of current or pending criminal action, as specified in _Terry_.

Walking down the street legally carrying a rifle does not meet that standard...
The problem with a lot of cops is that they have the hall monitor mentality. They get a dopamine hit for "correcting" unusual behavior. The benefit to society is that this often line up with criminal behavior. But not always, and that's where rights come into play. These shit cops hate rights. Good cops don't sweat bullshit and work hard to defend rights.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Who circled the wagons around the fat moron? Trying to explain to you the legality of the initial contact is not circling the wagons around the fat moron.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't need the initial contact explained to me because I'm all for it.

If you get a complaint, you have to follow-up with that complaint and investigate.

I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

What he did after making initial contact is indefensible, even from an officer safety perspective in a society that doesn't care about the citizenry.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#34]
There a few shithole small cities around Fort Hood that are run by Commie scumbags who serve the shitbag FSA that make up their voter base. Temple is one of those cities.

Army pays x amount of housing allowance. Town full of rentals pop just within budget of the allowance. Hood rats, section 8 and general fsa smell the low rent and swarm. Now you have a small city.

Soldiers are their temporarely or are too busy on Hood to get involved with local politics. FSA shit bags and whatever surplus government cronies Fort Hood shits out end up taking over.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:44:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
We have explained to you with small words that you don't have to be 100% I'm support of the cop's behavior to be wrong. We take issue with your belief that the mere existence of a gun without any indication of a crime somehow magics a reasonable articulable belief that a crime has been committed. We are concerned that you are willing to defend any part of the cop's actions after exiting his vehicle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok, thanks I guess, that doesn’t answer my question in the least and your anecdote has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Another open carry uppity retard meets an over weight undertrained  local cop.  It’s a self fulfilling prophecy.
View Quote
I agree.  We should shamefully hide our guns.  They should never be seen as normal and acceptable...Especially by those of us that own them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:52:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So do it, big mouth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do it, big mouth.
Are you suggesting that this arrest was warranted?

I skipped a few pages in this thread, so I may have missed it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#39]
We don't have an Law Enforcement problem.

We have an education and moral crisis.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Always going to be incidents like this. What is more scary is the systems all the way up to the line that cover for their own weird uncle.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:16:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't need the initial contact explained to me because I'm all for it.

If you get a complaint, you have to follow-up with that complaint and investigate.

I don't think anybody has a problem with that.

What he did after making initial contact is indefensible, even from an officer safety perspective in a society that doesn't care about the citizenry.
View Quote
Who defended him after the initial contact?
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ok, thanks I guess, that doesn’t answer my question in the least and your anecdote has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this thread.
View Quote
I lost track of what your question was. And frankly I don't give a fuck
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

The arrest was warranted because the guy grabbed his weapon after the officer told him not to touch his weapon.

No other reason.
View Quote
The "victim" in this case has his own history.
@Miami_JBT
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I lost track of what your question was. And frankly I don't give a fuck
View Quote
Then why reply in the first place? You couldn’t keep track of a concise, single sentence question? Thank Christ you’re retired. We sure as shit don’t need you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:24:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The arrest was warranted because the guy grabbed his weapon after the officer told him not to touch his weapon.

No other reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do it, big mouth.
Are you suggesting that this arrest was warranted?

I skipped a few pages in this thread, so I may have missed it.

No other reason.
I'm not a cop, but that entire interaction was a complete shitshow.  Nothing was clear about his instructions and he started the entire stop like an idiot.  I'm sure that's why it went the way it did.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If it’s legal, it should be done MORE. The hand wringing ninnies need to understand the freedoms of an individual can’t be taken away because of ignorant feels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure what the law is in that state. If it's legal ok but man walking down the ride with a rifle now days seems like a bad move. People are going to call and you are going to get attention from the police. Probably not the smartest thing to do.
If it’s legal, it should be done MORE. The hand wringing ninnies need to understand the freedoms of an individual can’t be taken away because of ignorant feels.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Then why reply in the first place? You couldn’t keep track of a concise, single sentence question? Thank Christ you’re retired. We sure as shit don’t need you.
View Quote
Because a lot of "questions" you guys have are "what if" or rhetorical or so childish they aren't worthy of remembering. And I'm not going back up in the thread
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@Miami_JBT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No other reason.
@Miami_JBT
It'd be nice if you linked it so we all could understand.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top