BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 472
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Capta:

Wow, lesson learned, start shooting a bit earlier and don't let them get near your blind spot.  I wonder if they hit the charge or the pilot thought he was close enough to do damage?
Never did understand why countries seemed baffled by the need to waste a few pirates in speedboats.
View Quote
Because they're weak as fuck. The jist is... everyone that doesn't think it's an issue is a dangerous little bitch that will get people killed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Because they're weak as fuck. The jist is... everyone that doesn't think it's an issue is a dangerous little bitch that will get people killed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Originally Posted By Capta:

Wow, lesson learned, start shooting a bit earlier and don't let them get near your blind spot.  I wonder if they hit the charge or the pilot thought he was close enough to do damage?
Never did understand why countries seemed baffled by the need to waste a few pirates in speedboats.

I thought it was a Houthi "drone boat" aka unmanned surface vehicle.  They have tried to hijack ships using their manned boats, but weren't successful. In January, USN helicopters sank 4 or 5 boats full of of Houthis after they attacked a commercial ship, then fired on US forces responding.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
12 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
12 minutes ago.

View Quote

Again?
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:49:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#8]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:

Again?
View All Quotes
12 minutes ago.

Again?

Not seeing anything else yet, but Malcontent is pretty solid on facts.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#9]
12 minutes ago.

View Quote

Lucky for Russisa this didn't happen to one of the WNATO countries...Eastern NATO countries? Who cares!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:52:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Lucky for Russisa this didn't happen to one of the WNATO countries...Eastern NATO countries? Who cares!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
12 minutes ago.

Everyone should have known that Russia was going to push the boundaries to see if NATO starts shooting down their drones or cruise missiles.  If you don't, then they will keep flying them over NATO countries.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Chisum:
The change started when Putin came to power.  From the beginning, he was planning global change. He began upgrading the military and economy, expanding and renewing Russian influence. Have we forgotten what he was doing while we blowing it off with the "Peace Dividend?" We blew it on entitlements that have hobbled us ever since. We turned a blind eye when he invaded Georgia. We could have stopped it then while it was easy. We could have stopped it in 2014, but talking shit was all we do. We could have kicked the Taliban' ass but we don't like winning wars anymore. We sold out Ukraine and Putin the slow leaking of support for what it was. We prefer to talky-talk the world to death than actually do something to stop evil. It encouraged Putin to continue advancing his plans.

Several things happened as a result:
1. Putin made the mistake of all tyrants, he believed his own propaganda.
2. Putin created a Russian illusion and did not realize just how far behind Russian technology really was.
3. Putin thought corruption was the key to controlling his Oligarchs, politicians, and military. He failed to see how weak he also made the country.
4. Putin underestimated the Ukrainian's love for freedom, Western influence, and the deep hatred for all things Russian.
5. Putin found a willing ally in Xi he thought he could manipulate. It marked the beginning of a game of who is manipulating whom.
6. He thought he could trick India into developing the SU-57 for him when he realized Russia was broke.
7. Putin pegged Biden as a blubbering fool he could push around. Standing up to Putin is likely the only thing Biden has done right in his whole political career. In my
9. Putin overestimated the American desire for isolationism. He calculated America would move aside and build his empire before waking up to reality.
10. Putin totally underestimated the economic power America can wield when it puts its mind to it.
11. Putin and Xi failed to correctly forsee how Europe would react to naked aggression. Instead of cowering to his will, Putin's actions have slowly untied them. Woops!

Putin's calculations may seem insane, foolish, and rash but it makes perfect sense when looked at through the eyes of Russian tyranny.  They follow the same arrogance and illusions of pre-WWII Japan. Sadly we are making many of the same mistakes of Pre-WWII USA.

View Quote

Good post. Probably a few more in there that you missed...
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

Good!.   How many of those damn Buk's do they have left?

Very small payback for 298 people killed on flight 17 shot down over Ukraine by the Russian bastards with one of those things.

View Quote

Kill them ALL!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Odesa is (clean).

Izmail is the nearest n.p. were under attack by at least 18 attack UAVs.

https://t.me/war_monitor/19003

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:08:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#14]
⚠️Currently recorded UAVs:
Cherkasy region→Kyiv region.
Dnipropetrovsk region→Dnipro|Kamyanske
The direction may change.
Stay in shelters!

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/96750

🟢 03:20 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                Kirovohrad region
🟢 03:35 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                 Mykolaiv region
🟢 03:35 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                 Kherson region
🟢 03:36 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                 Poltava
🟢 03:44 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                 Odesa region
🟢 03:59 Repulse pov. anxiety in
                Chernihiv region

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/96751

💥 Kyiv - explosions

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/96754

1 moped heading to/through Obukhov/Vasilkov - anti-moped work possible!

1 moped heading to Belotserkovsky district

1 moped is spinning in the Krivoy Rog area - the threat sounds urgent

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/25317

💥 Kryvyi Rih - explosions

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/96755

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:15:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Everyone should have known that Russia was going to push the boundaries to see if NATO starts shooting down their drones or cruise missiles.  If you don't, then they will keep flying them over NATO countries.
View Quote

Russian "bayonet" strategy: "If you hit something soft, keep pushing, if you hit steel, pull back"...
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

I was just saying that it wasn't the first time to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

You are right, Prime posted more details as well I see.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#19]
🛵 Currently, the "Shakhediv" group is observed in Kyiv, Cherkasy and Kharkiv regions. The direction of movement is constantly changing.

https://t.me/kpszsu/16872

2x UAV in Cherkasy region.
South-Eastern course.
Vector: Kirovohrad region.

https://t.me/war_monitor/19005

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:16:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

It was "We hit it, we blew it up" in Russian with what sounded more like middle Russian than Ukrainian accent to me, but it was too little said to be sure about the accent.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

Possible UA or RU, I only understand "Blyat!"

It was "We hit it, we blew it up" in Russian with what sounded more like middle Russian than Ukrainian accent to me, but it was too little said to be sure about the accent.

I know there were lots of Russian mercs doing merchantman security several years ago, probably still are.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Kharkiv Mayor

The first blow to Kharkiv came in the industrial zone of one of the districts of the city. Regarding the victims and destruction, the information is being clarified.
https://t.me/ihor_terekhov/1542

As for the second flight, the impact came in the area of ​​the private sector, there was a fire in one of the buildings. There is information about one dead person. All relevant services work at the "arrival" locations.

Earlier today, the occupiers shelled Kharkiv with S-300 missiles.

https://t.me/ihor_terekhov/1543

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Still going.

⚠️Currently recorded UAVs:
Kyiv region→Bila Tserkva/district
Cherkassy → Kropyvnytskyi.
The direction may change.
Stay in shelters!

https://t.me/povitryanatrivogaaa/96774

BpLA in the Bilotserkiv district of the Kyiv region heading for the suburbs of Bila Tserkva.
BpLA in the Kropyvnytskyi district of the Kirovohrad region in a southeasterly direction.
BpLA in the Poltava district of the Poltava region heading for Poltava.

https://t.me/monitorwarr/22732

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#23]
US banks to begin reporting Russian assets for eventual forfeiture under new law  

By KEN SWEET
ASSOCIATED PRESS • July 23, 2024

NEW YORK — The Treasury Department ordered the nation’s banking industry to start disclosing its holdings of Russian assets on Tuesday, with the goal of eventually seizing those billions of dollars in assets and selling them to aid the devastated Ukrainian economy.

The disclosure is required under a new law passed by Congress earlier this year known as the REPO Act, which gives the U.S. government the authority to seize Russian state assets held by U.S. banks, with the goal of eventually selling them and giving those funds to Ukraine. While the vast bulk of Russian assets are held in Europe, it is estimated that the U.S. banking system holds as much as $6 billion in Russian assets in trust.

Banks will need to report Russian assets on their books no later than Aug. 2 to the Office of Foreign Assets Control. If a bank discovers any new Russian assets on their books after the deadline, those assets need to be reported within 10 days, the Treasury Department said.

Russia’s war in Ukraine, which began in February 2022, has killed tens of thousands but has also caused significant devastation to Ukraine’s economy and infrastructure. The World Bank estimated in February that Ukraine will need $486 billion for recovery and reconstruction, a figure that has only risen as the war has continued.

The U.S., Canada, France, Germany Italy, the U.K. and Japan — commonly known as the G7 — froze roughly $300 billion worth of Russian assets at the start of the war. These assets included hard currency, as well as gold and investments in publicly and privately-held companies. But there has been little conversation until this year about what to do with those frozen assets, until the idea of forfeiture and liquidation was included in the REPO Act.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/2024-07-23/us-banks-begin-reporting-russian-assets-forfeiture-law-14573723.html

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:39:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They've had several flavors of long range missiles in various stages of testing for 10-15 years. They really buckled down after 2014 and the Neptune became operational in 2021. The initial 2022 strikes probably set them back a bit. But, They've shown themselves to be pretty resourceful with adapting and overcoming.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Interesting, they may have been building up a stockpile of more advanced ballistic or cruise missiles for hitting Russian territory.

They've had several flavors of long range missiles in various stages of testing for 10-15 years. They really buckled down after 2014 and the Neptune became operational in 2021. The initial 2022 strikes probably set them back a bit. But, They've shown themselves to be pretty resourceful with adapting and overcoming.

The Neptune and the reported ER Neptune with longer range/smaller warhead are the most likely options.  We know they’re in low-rate production, they have a track record of known use, and with Russian AD taking a beating they’re starting to get through.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:13:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#26]

Press release:

During the SINKEXs, participating units from Australia, Malaysia, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, and the U.S. Air Force, Army and Navy gained proficiency in tactics, targeting and live firing against surface ships at sea. Events like live-fire SINKEXs give participating nations the ability to test and conduct training on weapons and systems in a realistic environment that cannot be replicated in simulators. Additionally, these training events refine partner nations’ abilities to plan, communicate and conduct complex maritime operations such as precision and long-range strike capabilities.

“Sinking exercises give us a chance to sharpen our skills, learn from one another, and get real-world experience,” said U.S. Navy Vice Adm. John Wade, RIMPAC 2024 Combined Task Force Commander. “Using advanced weapons and seeing the professionalism of our teams during these drills shows our commitment to keeping the Indo-Pacific region safe and open.”

The sinking of the ex-Tarawa included the employment of a Long-Range Anti-Ship Missile (LRASM) from a U.S. Navy F/A-18F Super Hornet. As a precise, stealthy, and survivable cruise missile, LRASM provides multi-service, multi-platform, and multi-mission capabilities for offensive anti-surface warfare. Currently, LRASMs are deployed from U.S. Navy F/A-18 and U.S. Air Force B-1B aircraft.

Additionally, in a partnership with the U.S. Navy, a U.S. Air Force B-2 Spirit stealth bomber proved a low-cost, air-delivered method for defeating surface vessels through a QUICKSINK demonstration, as part of the second SINKEX. The QUICKSINK experiment is funded by the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering and aims to provide options to neutralize surface maritime threats while demonstrating the inherent flexibility of the joint force. This capability is an answer to an urgent need to quickly neutralize maritime threats over massive expanses of ocean around the world at minimal costs.

“The power of RIMPAC is in how it strengthens relationships between participating nations by challenging us to conduct realistic and relevant training together,” said Royal Australian Air Force Air Commodore Louise desJardins, Combined Force Air Component Commander. “It is a real demonstration of how we plan, communicate, and conduct complex operations like a SINKEX together and reflects the value of robust relationships between regional partners."

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:19:01 AM EDT
[#27]

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1815837627582669069.html

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#30]
https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/24/i-know-we-will-win-and-how-ukraines-top-general-on-turning-the-tables-against-russia

Amid scepticism about Ukraine’s prospect of achieving outright victory, Syrskyi noted various positive developments. F-16s would strengthen Ukraine’s air defences. They would allow Kyiv to work more effectively against Russian cruise missiles and to hit ground targets accurately. However, there were limits to what F-16s might achieve, he stressed. They had to remain “40km or more” from the frontline because of the risk Moscow would shoot them down.
View Quote

The public's expectation of the F-16s is IMHO too high. I originally assessed the F-16 acquisitions as more of an "after war" project and maybe it should've stayed that way. The exorbitant amount of resources it takes to acquire, train, maintain, etc. a squadron of fighters could've been better spent on additional, more advanced surface based fires i.e. cruise and ballistic missiles that would've been easier and faster to implement. While F-16s being lost in combat is certainly not new, it becomes an absolute gold mine of Information Warfare propaganda for Russia.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:43:08 AM EDT
[#32]

@Deepstate_UA says the operational-tactical situation (on the Pokrovsk front) became critical over the weekend after the Ukrainian infantry brigade holding Prohres conducted a chaotic retreat (the post suggests they were not trained properly). The 47th Mechanized Brigade responded but could not hold the town due to a lack of infantry. Now a pocket has been created north of the town and the 1st and 3rd battalions from Ukraine's 31st Mechanized Brigade are at risk of an encirclement, but they say there is no withdrawal order.
https://t.me/DeepStateUA/19955
https://t.me/DeepStateUA/19927

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Here are losses I could identify for yesterday.

Russia lost a Buk to a GMLR strike.

They lost a grad to a FPV Drone.
Magyar read the article about Russia running low on artillery barrels and decided to help them out by destroying a few with expertly piloted fpv drones.
A D-1 was damaged for some reason.

11 tanks were destroyed, 1 abandoned.

10 bmp were destroyed and 1 abandoned. 2 more btr-82a were abandoned.

Three btr-70 and a btr-80 were destroyed, along with 2 mt-lb destroyed and 1 more abandoned.

8 golf carts were destroyed, and 1 abandoned

7 loafs were destroyed.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:49:49 AM EDT
[#34]

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1815865260743786817.html

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:02:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#35]

According to 112, 49-year-old Andrei T., who was injured during the car explosion, is an active serviceman.
His wife suffered along with him. The explosive device was planted in the driver's seat area.  Preliminarily, the TNT equivalent of an explosive device is about 500 g.

https://t.me/ENews112/18378

Suspiciously good video of explosion at link

https://novayagazeta.eu/articles/2024/07/24/v-moskve-vzorvalas-mashina-zamestitelia-nachalnika-voiskovoi-chasti-kamala-kharris-vpervye-obognala-po-oprosam-donalda-trampa-news

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:06:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Very small payback for 298 people killed on flight 17 shot down over Ukraine by the Russian bastards with one of those things.

View All Quotes

I was just thinking the Buk that shot down that airliner has probably been destroyed in this war already and its crew likely killed well before this war ever started.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Mohammed Mansur, a Syrian volunteer in the Russian 488th motorised rifle regiment, was sent to the fight in Ukraine in June. On July 19, he and 14 other Syrian volunteers were ordered into an offensive operation in Luhansk Oblast and soon came under drone attack. Injured, Mohammed's request for evacuation was denied, so he left the combat zone and eventually received aid from another unit.

This was revealed by "Spy's Dossier" channel: https://t.me/dosye_shpiona/564

The channel states that it is common for Russian commanders to use foreign volunteers in high-risk operations without accountability, sometimes even concealing their deaths to appropriate their salaries.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Commander-in-Chief Syrsky gave an exclusive interview to The Guardian in which he quite soberly assessed the position of forces on the side of Ukraine and the side of the occupation army, noting the superiority of Russia in almost everything.

https://theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jul/24/i-know-we-will-win-and-how-ukraines-top-general-on-turning-the-tables-against-russia

Despite being better resourced, with more troops and equipment, Russia's recent gains have been tactical rather than strategic. Syrskyi emphasised the importance of supply quality and innovative tactics, including the use of drones and robotic systems. While acknowledging the difficulty of the situation, he remains optimistic about halting Russian advances and ultimately reclaiming Ukrainian territory, including Crimea.

Syrskyi highlighted the significant human cost to Russia, with higher casualties compared to Ukraine. He pointed out that Ukraine's forces prioritise saving lives over holding ruins, contrasting their tactics with Russia’s more brutal methods. Despite setbacks, Syrskyi noted that the arrival of F-16 fighter jets and continued mobilisation efforts, including new initiatives to recruit Ukrainians abroad, will strengthen Ukraine’s defense. Although the war is expected to continue beyond 2024, Syrskyi is confident in Ukraine’s eventual victory.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#40]

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:33:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#41]

????????? ? ????? ?????????? ???? ????? ? ????. ?? - ?????? ?????????. ? ?????????? ?? ????????.

POV: Azov fighters transfuse blood during the assault

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:34:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Fascinating, informative, and entertaining history of Putins life, rise to power, rule over Russia, engagement then disengagement with the West, and eventual invasion of Ukraine. (His early childhood is fascinating)

From a historical standpoint, it's a shame he went with the 2022 invasion; had he stopped at the 2014 annexation of Crimea he'd be remembered as the greatest leader of Russia since...almost forever. Maybe since Catherine the Great. (My leader o russia knowledge is Romanov-Putin 20-21 era)

Now he may end up one of the most reviled/controversial leaders since Stalin.

Def worth the watch (probably best done in a few viewings)

Vladimir Putin: Life of a Modern Warlord
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:58:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 3:59:45 AM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:03:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#45]
💬 #Zakharova: Accomplices in crimes against children are the countries of the “collective West”, pumping Ukraine with lethal weapons and demanding that the regime in Kyiv fight “until the last Ukrainian.”

https://twitter.com/MID_RF/status/1816019149572702272
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 5:44:37 AM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:18:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GTM8fL5WkAAP_c_?format=jpg&name=large

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1815865260743786817.html

View Quote

Those minor bullshit times you actually wear a beret is sweet. This is more then embarrassing
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Another data point on why the US would be foolish to count on India as a reliable ally against China:

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 472
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top