Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does the Ukraine have anything that can actually sink enemy shipping? or just a few useless gunboats?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_Ukrainian_Navy_ships
Based on that I would say no.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What's the old saying about "ruling over ashes is better than not ruling at all?"

Something like that.

Putin = short man's complex. Has to have the biggest hat and the biggest truck to make up for his micropenis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you've got to give Ukraine credit.
Maybe the Ukranians defended their borders against Malaysian Airlines flights and economic opportunities
What a laugh.  Putin and his thug kleptocracy have absolutely squashed any economic opportunity that Russia might have.  They have this little antiquated extraction economy that is a fraction of it's potential because of him.
What's the old saying about "ruling over ashes is better than not ruling at all?"

Something like that.

Putin = short man's complex. Has to have the biggest hat and the biggest truck to make up for his micropenis.
Big enough to get his girlfriend pregnant after dumping his wife of 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
As I said before, 4 pages (or whatever number we're at now), and not a single one of you has any clue as to what happened. Military ships can't cross another country's waters unannounced. They didn't cross international waters. They crossed Russian waters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s borders that it’s previously agreed are international waters? So strong!
As I said before, 4 pages (or whatever number we're at now), and not a single one of you has any clue as to what happened. Military ships can't cross another country's waters unannounced. They didn't cross international waters. They crossed Russian waters.
If you mean the waters between Russia and Ukrainian Crimea at the Kerch Strait, only Russia insists they are Russian waters.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well, it's certainly clear who you're rooting for.

Is this just a paycheck or truly a labor of love?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh sh*t! There goes muh "give 'em hell Ukraine!" scream.
lol, people rooting for the Ukranians will be as disappointed as democrats rooting for Saddam Hussein
Well, it's certainly clear who you're rooting for.

Is this just a paycheck or truly a labor of love?
He'd do better shilling for China. They pay by the word, not by the post.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All that shore is Russia, or Russian occupied. It is 100 miles to the nearest Ukrainian controlled coastline.

Ukraine did just test an indigenous Anti Ship Missile but that would kind of be an act of war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on the ranges, those Russian ships would be easy with a ship to ship missile in box truck on the shore. Jus sayin
All that shore is Russia, or Russian occupied. It is 100 miles to the nearest Ukrainian controlled coastline.

Ukraine did just test an indigenous Anti Ship Missile but that would kind of be an act of war.
Russia firing on Ukrainian ships is not an act of war?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How about the Near East?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2g0ylnW6lw
View Quote
I don’t care who you are...watch that in a living room on high volume on your iPad up to the end and I guarandamntee that you most likely will have a few people freaking the fuck out .

Hopefully hat stays in YouTube only
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
out of 345,000+ active accounts in a primarily conservative message board, and no foreign actors?

if liberals have taught us anything, it's that a vocal minority can effect outcomes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice liberal excuse there. If you actually believe there are Russian bots and propaganda cells on this website, lmao...
out of 345,000+ active accounts in a primarily conservative message board, and no foreign actors?

if liberals have taught us anything, it's that a vocal minority can effect outcomes
What could a "foreign actor" hope to possibly accomplish here? The organization of the Russian gov't that disseminates propaganda operates in eastern european IPs, like VK and russian twitter. Places where people could have a pro russian bias and use memes and such to persuade en masse. No foreign gov't is coming to this certain American firearms forum to change opinions, unless it's to sell some guns.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, if I were the Soviet Dictator (or even Dictator of Montenegro) i’d be bringing them back to my dacha a six pack at a time.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Any large Russian troop movements reported yet?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really hope Ukraine will push Russia’s shit in and I’m in for some dead Russkie pictures
View Quote
During the Cold War I was always happy when I read about dead soldiers of the Soviet Union. Their deaths warmed my heart. I never rejoiced over dead Russians, but news of dead Communists brightened my day.

But now it appears I may have been too generous in my thinking that the Russians would get it together once the Communists were gone. Nothing has really changed. Modern Russia is just USSR version 2.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:46:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would one bother responding to Russian trolls and bots? Unless they are so full of shit they don’t even believe their own posts.

Russia pays me in Vodka.  No, I take it back.  I’m part of the Macedonian troll farms that took the election from Hillary.

Prediction.  Ukraine doesn’t escalate because they know they will get fucked up.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4ZK0PX4AAXi2z.jpg
View Quote
Wow.  Apparently Putin's penis is smaller than we feared.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck the Fussians.  Hope to see many dead Russian sailers being pulled from the water.  Fuck em hard.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
They aren't your waters if you can't defend them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why would one bother responding to Russian trolls and bots? Unless they are so full of shit they don’t even believe their own posts.

Russia pays me in Vodka.  No, I take it back.  I’m part of the Macedonian troll farms that took the election from Hillary.

Prediction.  Ukraine doesn’t escalate because they know they will get fucked up.
View Quote
I feed them because the more I do the more they over extend themselves, and they create a history.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Poor fat Poroshenko was slipping in the polls. Now that Ukrainians are freezing from lack of gas, he needs something to distract his populace and keep them from voting for the opposition which wants peace and a settlement with Russia. Will it work? Who knows. Time for the 15th "revolution" in Ukraine in as many years. They'll surely get it right this time.

But, its not as if anyone on here even knows who Poroshenko is, nevermind where Ukraine is on a map.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol, people rooting for the Ukranians will be as disappointed as democrats rooting for Saddam Hussein
Poor fat Poroshenko was slipping in the polls. Now that Ukrainians are freezing from lack of gas, he needs something to distract his populace and keep them from voting for the opposition which wants peace and a settlement with Russia. Will it work? Who knows. Time for the 15th "revolution" in Ukraine in as many years. They'll surely get it right this time.

But, its not as if anyone on here even knows who Poroshenko is, nevermind where Ukraine is on a map.
You remind me of the pro-unification people in South Korea. They were always talking about peace and unification with North Korea; that they should come together and be as one again.

But when asked who would run the show, they would always prevaricate, bow their heads and mumble. But if you pressed them, they would be truthful: "What government? Well, North Korea would be in charge, of course."

You want peace and harmony on Russia's terms like those pro-unification Korean "students" wanted unification under North Korean Communism.

What a predictable tard.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Per the Budapest Memorandum shouldn’t we be doing something?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone mentioned the area in front Russian embassy in Kiev is on fire yet?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does the Ukraine have anything that can actually sink enemy shipping? or just a few useless gunboats?
View Quote
When Russia invaded and seized Crimea, it captured a large part of Ukraine's navy.  It captured additional vessels in separate naval actions.

Ukraine lost four corvettes (one of which was returned but is in too rough shape to be used as anything but a static training ship until it can go to drydock for refurbishment), a medium landing ship (returned), an diesel attack submarine (its only one), three submarine chasers (2 under construction at the time; these vessels have anti-ship capable torpedo tubes and can be used like torpedo boats against surface ships), a minesweeper, a command ship, a tank landing ship, and a large number of auxiliary and yard vessels (a few of which were returned).  Crimea had major Ukrainian naval facilities.  They lost a lot when the Russians did that.  Some of these vessels have been placed into Russian Navy service with the Black Seas Fleet.

Right now they have one frigate, which has a 3.9" gun and 21" torpedo tubes (which can be used as anti-ship weapons).  But she suffered an engineering casualty and is not yet ready to return to service.

They have a corvette, which has 21" torpedo tubes and 57mm guns, but she is in dire need of refurbishment and isn't suited for seagoing service at the moment.

They have a missile boat, which has 2 Styx anti-ship missiles and minor-calibre guns (30mm).

They have several new gunboats, two of which were among the three vessels captured by the Russians today.  These have two 30mm gun mounts, with each mount having coaxial 30mm GLs and 7.62mm MGs, and two anti-tank missiles.  They have fully armoured hulls, but the armour is only thick enough to protect against splinters and machine gun fire in most places.  These vessels wouldn't be of much use against anything but smaller merchant or other civilian vessels, or other patrol combatants, naval small craft, etc., although they do have short mine rails, so they could lay a few sea mines which could potentially sink a surface ship; they'd at least cause veay damage.

Other than that, they have a medium landing ship, a minesweeper, several patrol boats armed with nothing more than machine guns, and some auxiliaries, which wouldn't be of real use against enemy ships.

They are trying to finish a couple of Soviet-designed warships and buy a couple of Perry class frigates (whether these would have any missile capability in their service is unlcear).  They have additional Soviet-era ships that are incomplete but they can't and probably won't finish, including a cruiser (which Russia was trying to acquire up until the revolution in Ukraine, which foreclosed the possibility).
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ah, the rock-solid "Hitler!" argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What a fucking joke.  Putin cooks up abuse of "ethnic Russians" in Ukraine just like Hitler cooked up abuse of "ethnic Germans" in Poland.
Ah, the rock-solid "Hitler!" argument.
This is one case where it's absolutely correct.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What’s up with all the pro-Russian posters????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What’s up with all the pro-Russian posters????
There's really only two plus a few additional Communists posting as Americans.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm sure they also told you about the time their grandpas ethnically cleansed Odessa, Kiev and Kharkov of all the Jews (who made up a huge chunk of the population there) during WW2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can vouch for Ukrainian hatred of Russia. Only anecdotal, of course, but in the late 90's I worked with a group of Ukrainian engineers (all women) and they hated Russia and Russians. I remember one of our guys mistakenly referred to "the girls" (as we called them) as "Russian" and you would think he accused them of having the clap. They were livid! "No, no, we are not Russian! We are Ukrainian! Russia is big asshole!" That was followed by several stories of Russian crimes made against their people.
I'm sure they also told you about the time their grandpas ethnically cleansed Odessa, Kiev and Kharkov of all the Jews (who made up a huge chunk of the population there) during WW2.
Whataboutism no longer works, Ivan.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:57:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Has anyone mentioned the area in front Russian embassy in Kiev is on fire yet?
View Quote
a lot of it was just smoke bombs and flares.

they have a few tires they're trying to burn in front of the gate though.

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fatty Poroshenko going to cancel the elections he was going to lose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fatty Poroshenko going to cancel the elections he was going to lose.
That's the other angle.  Gotta have the cabal guys in there.

That's my problem with all these douchebags.  Russia sucks and Putin is an asshole but I also know western leftists including the Clinton Crew pretty much own the Ukraine and its politics but mostly cash money yo.

Energy routes are corrupt as fuck.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What could a "foreign actor" hope to possibly accomplish here? The organization of the Russian gov't that disseminates propaganda operates in eastern european IPs, like VK and russian twitter. Places where people could have a pro russian bias and use memes and such to persuade en masse. No foreign gov't is coming to this certain American firearms forum to change opinions, unless it's to sell some guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice liberal excuse there. If you actually believe there are Russian bots and propaganda cells on this website, lmao...

What do you think Primorsky was? Of course they are here.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4YVslU4AAByyx.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4Y-Y-X4AAEA0a.jpg
View Quote
Pour some fuel on those tires and get this going.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck the Fussians.  Hope to see many dead Russian sailers being pulled from the water.  Fuck em hard.
View Quote
I just wish Biden's son, Victor Pinchuk, along with Sid Blumenthal, and Cody Shearer would suddenly find a reason to rush to the Russian border in the Ukraine to "negotiate" something during an arty strike.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Those coordinates are pretty far (32 miles) from the Kerch Strait.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ukrainian reports are that 23 sailors are POW of which 6 WIA, 2 seriously. Original source is stated as General Viktor Muzhenko, Chief of General Staff.
View Quote
I've been hearing that they intend to prosecute the POWs as criminals.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Your post makes no sense, whatsoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"We must invade them to defend ourselves!"

Soooooooooooo Russian.
Or the Iraq war I’m assuming you supported?
Your post makes no sense, whatsoever.
It does as a whataboutism.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ukrainian reports are that 23 sailors are POW of which 6 WIA, 2 seriously. Original source is stated as General Viktor Muzhenko, Chief of General Staff.
They might try to use them to leverage a prisoner swap like they did with Nadiya Savchenko.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what they did to her:

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They aren't your waters if you can't defend them.
View Quote
Conventional forces are no match for Russia.

I can see car bombs going off in red square with some plausible deniability in Russia’s future though.

Ukraine can skin this cat a few ways.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4YVslU4AAByyx.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ds4Y-Y-X4AAEA0a.jpg
View Quote
HA!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They might try to use them to leverage a prisoner swap like they did with Nadiya Savchenko.
View Quote
That's one tough gal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Since this is GD where a lot of readers are not that familiar with Ukraine, let me remind everyone of the small little coincidence of why this shit is going down today. This is the 5 year anniversary of Euromaidan that brought down the previous pro-Russian president, Viktor Yanukovych and started the Ukrainian civil war (November 24th 2013 was when the first big protest started in Kiev with police counter action and mass injuries, etc)!

Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I have only read about this here and on Drudge. Nothing on FOX news.
This looks like it could get bad.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:27:44 PM EDT
[#42]
https://twitter.com/EnglishRussia1/status/1066793137950081029

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but englishrussia posted a video of the russian ship ramming the ukranian tug.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good. As Rictus said, this needs to escalate. The frozen Ukrainian conflict will not end until someone steps up and decides to put a decisive end to this.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:32:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm sure it will be "Russian aggression" yet again. Those Ukrainians were just getting skittles and tea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure it will be "Russian aggression" yet again. Those Ukrainians were just getting skittles and tea.
Neither can claim nor restrict access to those waters given that they have a 2003 treaty designating the Azov as shared territorial waters.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Good. As Rictus said, this needs to escalate. The frozen Ukrainian conflict will not end until someone steps up and decides to put a decisive end to this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The U.S. doesn't need to send troops to Ukraine, but I'd be all for arming them to the teeth and flooding the market with cheap fracked oil and gas to damage the Russian economy.  Sanctions against Russian timber would be icing on the cake.  I figure with a concentrated effort you could probably knock about 20% off Russian GDP.
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Neither can claim nor restrict access to those waters given that they have a 2003 treaty designating the Azov as shared territorial waters.
View Quote
Watch them.

If Russia decides to shred it who’s going to do anything?

Ukraine? Maybe.

US, Any NATO country, or anyone else that can do ANYTHING? Lol....no.

Russia knew it was unenforceable when it was signed. They are a country of criminals...what do you expect? Kinda like the turtle getting stung by the Scorpion...
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's one tough gal.
View Quote
According to her Wikipedia page, she thinks Ukraine should be a dictatorship and should accept Russian annexation of Crimea.  You sure she isn’t a Russian troll?

Her role models as leaders are Pinochet, Reagan, Merkel, Mandela, and Thatcher.  Lol.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadiya_Savchenko
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The U.S. doesn't need to send troops to Ukraine, but I'd be all for arming them to the teeth and flooding the market with cheap fracked oil and gas to damage the Russian economy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The U.S. doesn't need to send troops to Ukraine, but I'd be all for arming them to the teeth and flooding the market with cheap fracked oil and gas to damage the Russian economy.
WTI low $50s
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://twitter.com/EnglishRussia1/status/1066793137950081029

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but englishrussia posted a video of the russian ship ramming the ukranian tug.
View Quote
yeah, I posted the youtube video a few pages back

????? ? ??????????? ?????. ????? ????, ????????.
Page / 39
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top