User Panel

Page / 32
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any news on the g41 clone from zenith i think? Maybe it was PTR
View Quote
It's the PTR-63, and I haven't heard anything.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This pic is on Gunbroker Shot Show update, the mag fed Henry.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54333/IMG_0396-3103690.jpg
View Quote

Shame they didnt make it semi auto like a modern Remington Model 8
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Bullet selection might be an issue, but with the right bullets I think there could be an untapped market for 350 Legend, 450 Bushmaster, 460 S&W and 500 S&W lever guns.  The first 2 in case of states not allowing you to hunt with 45/70.  The second 2 because they are shorter and would allow more in the tube.  Plus who does not want something bigger than a 45... (Ok, the 460 is only longer and more pressure than a 45).
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know, right?

When these ‘monolithic’ (lol) extruded aluminum uppers came out during the SCAR/ACR craze and people were all like “They better not price it higher than $2600, cuz if so I won’t buy it!”, I tried to explain then that there was no fucking reason in the world short of profiteering that a modern rifle had to cost so much. If I were the CEO of a firearms company and my engineering team were designing a new platform and said in a meeting that they couldn’t find any way to make it cheaper than an M16/AR15, I would have fired them on the spot. Aluminum extrusions are an incredibly cost effective way to make a gun. Meloniting is much cheaper and better than phosphate and chrome… I could go on and on-suffice to say that modern manufacturing processes produce a significantly cheaper product to make and with a better end product to boot.

I never understood why the gun community simps soo bad to the gun companies that fuck them over. Look at what PSA is saying and doing-don’t take my word for it, look at what their CEO says about the profit-taking going on at their competitors…
View Quote

I'd kill to know how much it costs FN to make a SCAR. everything on that rifle is designed to be cheap and the design itself is full of cut corners and shortcuts.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's the PTR-63, and I haven't heard anything.
View Quote

Yeah that’s it lol thank you
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd kill to know how much it costs FN to make a SCAR. everything on that rifle is designed to be cheap and the design itself is full of cut corners and shortcuts.
View Quote

And yet people still buy them for $3k/$4k+ respectively...
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Any other product in any other market sold at these volumes would be 1/3 that price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSRP is $2500 and street price is already in the $2200 at dealers. For a .308 modular rifle, $2200 is definitely a fair price in 2024.

Any other product in any other market sold at these volumes would be 1/3 that price.

XCR is $2kish and parts kits (when you can find one to order) are $400-550.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right?

When these ‘monolithic’ (lol) extruded aluminum uppers came out during the SCAR/ACR craze and people were all like “They better not price it higher than $2600, cuz if so I won’t buy it!”, I tried to explain then that there was no fucking reason in the world short of profiteering that a modern rifle had to cost so much. If I were the CEO of a firearms company and my engineering team were designing a new platform and said in a meeting that they couldn’t find any way to make it cheaper than an M16/AR15, I would have fired them on the spot. Aluminum extrusions are an incredibly cost effective way to make a gun. Meloniting is much cheaper and better than phosphate and chrome… I could go on and on-suffice to say that modern manufacturing processes produce a significantly cheaper product to make and with a better end product to boot.

I never understood why the gun community simps soo bad to the gun companies that fuck them over. Look at what PSA is saying and doing-don’t take my word for it, look at what their CEO says about the profit-taking going on at their competitors…

Yet the SCAR 16 was the most durable rifle in Battlefield Vegas's testing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The army isn't going to be issuing out SMG's. They are procuring them, but they have other, far better options for actual use
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep manstruating over the US Army's first new SMG since the grease gun claiming it's inferior to the MP5 due to your perception of recoil.

https://y.yarn.co/e0dcb60c-b4d9-438a-8476-da755777b6c0_text.gif

The army isn't going to be issuing out SMG's. They are procuring them, but they have other, far better options for actual use

They're procuring them to issue security teams as PDW's instead of the racks of MP5's used as 3rd world training aids

Quoted:

The APC556/308 are superior

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Aero Precision's Secret Lever-Action Prototype
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MSRP is $2500 and street price is already in the $2200 at dealers. For a .308 modular rifle, $2200 is definitely a fair price in 2024.

lol. Wrong.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yet the SCAR 16 was the most durable rifle in Battlefield Vegas's testing.
View Quote

Yet it has a polymer stock plate that is infamous for cracking and breaking with little to no abuse.

So cheaply made that it uses THAT as a buffer and if you replace it with a metal version, you'll damage the gun
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bans and social media are only pieces of the pie.

We've seen an increase of lever actions in other media like movies and video games.

Remington went bankrupt and we stopped getting new production Marlins for about 2 years.

Henry's production completely dropped off when the covidocalypse hit, and I'm pretty sure my LGS went probably a year or longer without taking delivery of a single centerfire Henry rifle.

Run of the mill used 1894s and 336s are now $700 guns.

.30-30 ammo disappeared for a year or so and came back at nearly double its previous price elevating demand for lever actions in revolver cartridges.

A whole bunch of people have grown tired of ARs and lego pistols and are seeking out more fun and interesting guns... like 2011s, revolvers, bolt actions, and lever actions.

The lever action market is the one with the least capacity to meet that demand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they're just trying to cash in on the latest fad.  Lever guns are all over social media.

People are easily led by marketing.

There are also a whole slew of states with new bans enacted or soon to be enacted or facing fights against new bans. Lever guns are almost universally ignored by the filthy marxists in governments right now.

Bans and social media are only pieces of the pie.

We've seen an increase of lever actions in other media like movies and video games.

Remington went bankrupt and we stopped getting new production Marlins for about 2 years.

Henry's production completely dropped off when the covidocalypse hit, and I'm pretty sure my LGS went probably a year or longer without taking delivery of a single centerfire Henry rifle.

Run of the mill used 1894s and 336s are now $700 guns.

.30-30 ammo disappeared for a year or so and came back at nearly double its previous price elevating demand for lever actions in revolver cartridges.

A whole bunch of people have grown tired of ARs and lego pistols and are seeking out more fun and interesting guns... like 2011s, revolvers, bolt actions, and lever actions.

The lever action market is the one with the least capacity to meet that demand.

No disagreement with any point.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They're procuring them to issue security teams as PDW's instead of the racks of MP5's used as 3rd world training aids

https://media.tenor.com/iY-SzZvFMZsAAAAC/toast-cheers.gif

View Quote

And they also issue sig pistols and the xm7... oh the xm7.

You sure you want to brag about the us military using your favorite aluminum shelf gun in light of all their other recent small arms decisions?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Watching people shoot in a video is something to be fast forwarded through. It’s a gun that recoils and is expected to be dependable-got it.

Info about design, purpose, cost is what we need. Video is a poor medium for that sort of information dissemination.

I’m a Gen Xer and can live in both video and written worlds, but video sucks for this type of marketing.
View Quote

The PTR suppressors were amazingly quiet.  Only video could have done it justice.  

$1400 is a lot, but it may set a new bar for quietness.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:21:33 PM EDT
[#17]

I’m kinda excited for this TBH.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I guarantee you it doesn't. The buffer on your aluminum  shelf gun is a bandaid. You paid all that money for a half assed modernized tec 9 that still isn't as pleasant to shoot as a gun from the 60's.
View Quote

That's great but I have an mp5 as well and my experience hasn't changed just because you disagree with it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:22:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
INNOVATION!

TLR7 with a rechargeable lithium battery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/1000023420_jpg-3104800.JPG

Seems odd to advertise as rechargeable but not have a way to charge the battery without removing it.
View Quote

surefire has been selling rechargeable CR123s for a while.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's great but I have an mp5 as well and my experience hasn't changed just because you refute it.
View Quote

Thats great, you still own a direct blowback made from the cheapest firearms manufacturing process known to man, and how much did you pay for it? What mags are you using? Glock mags or shitty tec 9 magazines
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

surefire has been selling rechargeable CR123s for a while.
View Quote

And their 18650's have micro usb ports.

Much better than magnetic charging.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
You should try the Mete SFX Pro, it's trigger is one of the best I've ever felt/owned
View Quote

I've been shooting the OG SFX for years.  The Freedomsmith triggers make them even better than the Mete, so no need to upgrade.

The TTI for under $1K would be really cool, but goes against the Canik value prop of a great gun at a reasonable price.  

We shall see.

It's about time John Wick moved on from Glocks and 1911's...
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#23]
And the WINNERS of SHOT SHOW 2024 are.....

1st Place: PSA

2nd Place: Holosun

3rd Place:   ..... nobody .....

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thats great, you still own a direct blowback made from the cheapest firearms manufacturing process known to man, and how much did you pay for it? What mags are you using? Glock mags or shitty tec 9 magazines
View Quote

A milled aluminum mono receiver is cheaper to produce than stamped sheet metal?

I guess the third world countries around the world with stamped sheet metal AKs  picked them because they were superior to milling.

you are entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

3rd Place… Burris? https://www.burrisoptics.com/riflescopes/eliminator-6-4-20x52mm
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

XCR is $2kish and parts kits (when you can find one to order) are $400-550.
View Quote

They didn’t used to be that much-I’d love to have another XCR SBR but I refuse to pay what they want. At least Robinson makes GOOD, proven Boutique guns…. They just aren’t for me anymore.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are rusting bolts “superior”? I like B&T products and my favorite gun I own is a USW-A1, but that doesn’t mean everything they make is Rainbows and Leprechaun’s Breath.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A milled aluminum mono receiver is cheaper to produce than stamped sheet metal?

I guess the third world countries around the world with stamped sheet metal AKs  picked them because they were superior to milling.

you are entertaining.
View Quote

Its aluminum extrusion with all the other bits bolted in.
Very little actual machining is done. Do you not know this? Are you fucking with me?

And yes, it is. Its a LOT cheaper.

Apples to oranges and you know it. Those ak's were dirt cheap because russia and china flodded africa with them
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd say 3rd is Cloud.... they completely redid their switches due to customer demand.

Might not have "released" anything new but they typically haven't done any drop at Shot in the past.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are rusting bolts “superior”? I like B&T products and my favorite gun I own is a USW-A1, but that doesn’t mean everything they make is Rainbows and Leprechaun’s Breath.
View Quote

I like b&t stuff too. I recently got a 200590 for my mp5 and i like it, but god damn the thing has no less than 11 screws.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Probably meh news for a lot of people, but Glock released a suppressor ready MOS cut 19x. Ameriglo suppressor sights, threaded barrel, and MOS cut for $819 MSRP. Davidson’s exclusive. I’ve already asked my local FFL to order me one.

Cheaper than getting a 19x MOS cut, adding sights, and a barrel.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2024/01/6A6A968F-33F6-42DA-A47C-F3A04C632497.jpeg
View Quote

About damn time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#33]
So i saw the psa voting thing, will all those be at shot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'd say 3rd is Cloud.... they completely redid their switches due to customer demand.

Might not have "released" anything new but they typically haven't done any drop at Shot in the past.
View Quote

Got a link? Hate their current pressure pad
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
With day 1 closing, I have to say there was some really cool stuff.  Alot of thermal / NV optics. I was surprised on how the holosun thermal was meh and the sightron was surprisingly really good.  I havent checked out the sig one yet.
View Quote

Any links to it? I've found the coverage to be a little more  difficult to find thus far.  More links to cool stuff, please (even if they are videos).  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You sure you want to brag about the us military using your favorite aluminum shelf gun in light of all their other recent small arms decisions?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:44:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Yeah thats a low blow, i apologize
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:45:37 PM EDT
[#38]

Very cool looking gun

Video was absolute dog shit.  Couldn’t hear half of what we needed to hear.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

We’re still learning about new products.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Very cool looking gun

Video was absolute dog shit.  Couldn’t hear half of what we needed to hear.
View Quote

Nothing really interesting. Direct blowback, hydraulic buffer, cz scorpion mags.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:53:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I mentioned that on Page 12. Nobody seems to have noticed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supposedly Henry is going to release a lever action that feeds from AR mags.

I mentioned that on Page 12. Nobody seems to have noticed.

WHAT CALIBER!!??????
@SiVisPacem
@Seven-Shooter

Post a link!  I don’t Insta
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Any word on the HK cc?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

WHAT CALIBER!!??????
@SiVisPacem
@Seven-Shooter

Post a link!  I don’t Insta
View Quote

Been posted a few times.  300bo/556, ar mags, rotating bolt with no external hammer or bolt travel.

Attachment Attached File

@MidwestJ
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:15:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pointing out that nobody is buying new MP5's isn't bragging and claiming BT is no better than keltec is disingenuous.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Blued Pythons, it seems.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yeah that’s dumb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
INNOVATION!

TLR7 with a rechargeable lithium battery.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203509/1000023420_jpg-3104800.JPG

Seems odd to advertise as rechargeable but not have a way to charge the battery without removing it.

Yeah that’s dumb.

Yea you gona plug your pistol into your cigarettes lighter. I know How about a holster with a usb charging station and LED docking lights to help you see better to holster yer pistol, or just have multiple rechargeable battery's and change them just like now
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't put everything they make on a pedestal but they're no worse than anyone else in their pricerange (SigUSA). There's nothing a SCAR can do that an APC doesn't do better but I wouldn't trust either to survive being issued to Marines.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yea you gona plug your pistol into your cigarettes lighter. I know How about a holster with a usb charging station and LED docking lights to help you see better to holster yer pistol, or just have multiple rechargeable battery's and change them just like now
View Quote

I guess it's more the way they advertise it.  They should be advertising rechargeable batteries. There's nothing at all rechargeable about the light.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#50]
What ever happened to the AK ALFA from like 2016 SHOT show?
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top