Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Cola Warrior may seem like a joke but in reality its a pretty brutal course. You will find out quickly that your gear is shit, your fitness level is shit, your ability to endure hardship is shit.

As a group, CWers are pretty well outfitted and and fit (not me personally but in general) and many of us hunt, handload, and generally lead a sporting life. A lot of us are mil vets and many have combat experience.

People don’t think Cola Warrior be like it is but it do.

Shit, if we assemble every Warrior and their gear, we could probably take a small banana republic.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:32:13 AM EDT
[#2]
1, i can eat the antifa we kill
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the people who voted #1 read it too fast and thought it said “arfcomer who is trans”....

View Quote
That’s not what they mean when the say “get both”?

Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:38:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Since you pretty much defined me as the number 2 guy in your poll.....I team up with number one.  Get both.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#5]
# 2

Because what you are describing is life and death, not playing games against the clock and jerking off over who has the latest and greatest gear.

All hunters aren’t “Fudds”
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Which one can you trust not to fall asleep on watch?
View Quote
I’m pretty good at drinking all night and sleeping on connexes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 8:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I would go with both or #2.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I’m pretty good at drinking all night and sleeping on connexes.
View Quote
Pretty good? I would call it mastery.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Everybody wants to be a Cola Warrior until it's time to do Cola Warrior shit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cola Warriors.

During SHTF it'll be like this but with more vomit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjGTrVwRr4
View Quote
you're gonna need an OPS-O
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1)  ARFCommer who owns a handful of AR15s, with all the bells and whistles.  They wear all the current tactical gear.  They are "running" various tactical accessories (flashlights, coms, helmets, etc).  They train six times a year at their local range and shoot 3-Gun matches about three times a year.  They have 6 cases of 5.56 FMJ ammo in their basement.

2)  ARFCommer who hunts, a lot.  They hunt year-round, from varmints/predators to big game and wild hogs.  They know how to track game, clean and butcher what they kill and have a high aptitude of outdoor and wilderness knowledge.  They only use AR15s to hunt and have access to night-vision.  They shoot calibers like the 6.8 SPCII and the 6.5 Grendel, along with the .223/5.56.  They reload and have what equals to a total of 4 cases of reloaded ammunition, as well as a portable reloading kit that they sometimes use while developing loads at the range.

It is September 2018.  You are located in the suburbs of a large city in the Western United States.  Sixty miles one direction is downtown.  Thirty miles in the other direction is the high desert and mountains.  There are road-blocks in every direction and large groups of roaming, armed, Anti-First-Amendment (Antifa) everywhere.  Your family is alive and safe, but they are with family in the South.

These are the only two choices you have to help you survive.  Who would you choose and why?

Poll Added.

Eric  
View Quote
LOL, knowing a good bit of the yahoos in this area who are hunters, I'll take someone who trains.

LC
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Group 2 for me
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Which one comes with their own wheelbarrow?

Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm going with option 3, Cola Warriors.

We're all fucking crazy bastards, and like others have said, could take over a small country if we were all assembled in one place.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm going with option 3, Cola Warriors.

We're all fucking crazy bastards, and like others have said, could take over a small country if we were all assembled in one place.
View Quote

Remember the South Park episode where Cartman re-staged the Civil War so the South could win?  As long as he kept the S'mores flavored Schapps flowed the troops kept fighting.  Yeah, as long as the beer and Bad Idea bar traveled with us, we might take a pretty good sized country.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:23:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Cola Warriors all day long.

None of the other options possess the hard-edged insanity necessary to successfully prosecute a Cola Insurgency against the forces of fatness.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Option 3 - Colawarrior

1. Own multiple ARs? Check.
2. Own Tatical gear? Check.
3. Taken  training classes? Check.
4. Ammo at home? lol please. Check.
5. Hunt?  the vast majority do. Check.
6. Nightvision? ehh about 25% so chances are high. Check.
7. Willpower far superior to ordinary men? Doublecheck.
8. Actually in shape unlike 1 and 2? Check.
9. Highly evolved body that can run for a period of 5 days on caffeine, sugar, and beer? Check.

The ultimate SHTF Warrior.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Option 3 - Colawarrior

9. Highly evolved body that can run for a period of 5 days on caffeine, sugar, and beer? Check.

View Quote

Well, we do have crawfish and sushi. So there's that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I am more like option 2, so I would join forces with option 1. Diversification of skills
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#20]
#1 because I am already most of number 2 but for the silly calibers and reloads.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Not Dick Cheney.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 12:55:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That's called a German Shepherd Dog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jesus H. Christ.

Fuck all that noise.  I want someone who is in shape, has an adequate supply of food, is not a dick to be around, won't crumble under pressure, and has at least minimal skills in shooting, as well as other "survival" skills.  I can train someone to shoot and move.
That's called a German Shepherd Dog.
winner:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#23]
witness me
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was leaning to option 2 until I got to the part about the anitfags.  They're the threat.
View Quote
Not just them. There are plenty of riff raff criminal elements that would go hog wild in bad situations where there were no first responders to respond or they were too overloaded to respond. Between the domestic terrorists, many and various gangs - motorcycle gangs, prison gangs, street gangs, and criminal alien gangs - convicted felons, wannabe felons, serial killers, anti-American black radical racists, white radical racists, and various garden variety criminals, there are a ton of people out there with evil intent that would do all sorts of mayhem in that sort of situation. What good are Fudds going to be in the urban environment that many of us reside in?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:21:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I chose 2 cause he is used to actually killing shit rather than just shooting steel and paper.
View Quote
Yeah... that can't shoot back and that, in most cases, doesn't provide a significant danger to the shooter. I'll stick with a SWAT or SRT team member over a Fudd anytime. They don't just shoot paper or steel, they regularly practice tactics (hence the name) to engage and take out armed threats, not shoot at unarmed animals that threaten no one and will try to run away at the first shot.

In a SHTF situation as OP described, the #1 priority is to survive the immediate, threat of armed criminals (of various types) which may include gangs, groups, or mobs of people with evil intent. Snaring a rabbit or squirrel for a lunch treat is going to be the last priority. And this SHTF event may only be temporary (like most natural disasters) and not last longer than a few days or a week.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Not just them. There are plenty of riff raff criminal elements that would go hog wild in bad situations where there were no first responders to respond or they were too overloaded to respond. Between the domestic terrorists, many and various gangs - motorcycle gangs, prison gangs, street gangs, and criminal alien gangs - convicted felons, wannabe felons, serial killers, anti-American black radical racists, white radical racists, and various garden variety criminals, there are a ton of people out there with evil intent that would do all sorts of mayhem in that sort of situation. What good are Fudds going to be in the urban environment that many of us reside in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was leaning to option 2 until I got to the part about the anitfags.  They're the threat.
A real hunter knows how to stalk and ambush his prey. Much like a sniper. A real hunter does not sit in a stand overlooking a feeder waiting for the right one to come along though now that I think about it that is an effective tactic against two legged vermin.
Not all hunters are fudds just as not everyone that trains is a warrior.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Train.  There's plenty of food if you know where to look.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Well this is almost literally me so no team up required.

I'd choose fit and trained arfer though if I had too.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:34:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Option 3 - Colawarrior

View Quote
This is where mindset comes in and neither option 1 or 2 may have the right mindset. Mental is a part of the equation. Skills using your gear when things are not perfect VS. a guy shooting paper at a range with just a timer and little pressure.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A real hunter knows how to stalk and ambush his prey. Much like a sniper. A real hunter does not sit in a stand overlooking a feeder waiting for the right one to come along though now that I think about it that is an effective tactic against two legged vermin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
 Go stalk a whitetail and get back to us. I get what you’re saying about feedersand agree but sitting in ambush is about the only to reliably hunt whitetails.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#31]

all you need to know about ShTF
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I know more #1 guys than #2 guys so I picked #1.

Hunting is easy when there is no "season" and time of day limits, and I'm not a big time lifelong hunter. Wildlife management agencies choose the hardest times of the year to hunt successfully, before the rut when the bucks are all very skittish. 3 weeks after the hunt and the rut is on, and the bucks are everywhere during the middle of the day. Does are all around, all year 'round so they aren't hard to find.

If you are hunting for food and not bound by season restrictions you can shoot does, bucks, whatever you see any time of day or night, with thermal or night vision, etc. No need for scouting or tracking or any of that hard stuff. I live in a rural area and we get deer and rabbits in our yard daily. I could almost walk up and slit their throats with a knife if I wanted to. If you hold still they don't even know you're there. They just put their head back down and graze, and you can take another step and wait for them to look around and put their head down again. I've walked to within 12' of a doe this way in my yard.

Essentially, all the hunting "lore" is mostly geared at successfully harvesting an animal at a certain time of day, with a certain type of weapon, at a certain time of year. And since there are more hunters than deer, the DNR chooses rules that limit hunters to the hardest part of the year in order to be able to issue as many tags as possible without decimating the deer population. If those restrictions are no longer a concern, you could successfully hunt a lot easier.

I am going with the guy that has training and knows how to use his gear. I am not in the best of shape, but I can probably walk 30 miles in a day and live to do it again. Once in the mountains I know enough to find water and food and could stay there for "a while".

If you are still in the suburbs and have to get out and get past the roaming gangs of thugs, you'd need to have at least a little run and gun training. It's one thing to be a really good hunter. Most hunters don't have to worry about being the target. It's another thing trying to get out away from the city while gangs of commies are hunting YOU.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I know more #1 guys than #2 guys so I picked #1.

Hunting is easy when there is no "season" and time of day limits, and I'm not a big time lifelong hunter. Wildlife management agencies choose the hardest times of the year to hunt successfully, before the rut when the bucks are all very skittish. 3 weeks after the hunt and the rut is on, and the bucks are everywhere during the middle of the day. Does are all around, all year 'round so they aren't hard to find.

If you are hunting for food and not bound by season restrictions you can shoot does, bucks, whatever you see any time of day or night, with thermal or night vision, etc. No need for scouting or tracking or any of that hard stuff. I live in a rural area and we get deer and rabbits in our yard daily. I could almost walk up and slit their throats with a knife if I wanted to. If you hold still they don't even know you're there. They just put their head back down and graze, and you can take another step and wait for them to look around and put their head down again. I've walked to within 12' of a doe this way in my yard.

Essentially, all the hunting "lore" is mostly geared at successfully harvesting an animal at a certain time of day, with a certain type of weapon, at a certain time of year. And since there are more hunters than deer, the DNR chooses rules that limit hunters to the hardest part of the year in order to be able to issue as many tags as possible without decimating the deer population. If those restrictions are no longer a concern, you could successfully hunt a lot easier.

I am going with the guy that has training and knows how to use his gear. I am not in the best of shape, but I can probably walk 30 miles in a day and live to do it again. Once in the mountains I know enough to find water and food and could stay there for "a while".

If you are still in the suburbs and have to get out and get past the roaming gangs of thugs, you'd need to have at least a little run and gun training. It's one thing to be a really good hunter. Most hunters don't have to worry about being the target. It's another thing trying to get out away from the city while gangs of commies are hunting YOU.
View Quote
Those guys have no idea how to hunt anything. They are opportunists preying on the weak. They would be easily taken out from ambush just like a prey animal.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#35]
At first I thought I would take a number 1 because people who go out and shoot a lot have a decent chance of being capable of getting some work done.

Then I thought some hunters know things about field craft and being cool.

BUT I remembered the number of fat asses waddling out to the deer stand and falling asleep or dicking around on their phones until they hear a squirrel and almost fall out of the stand.

So unless I was dealing with some kinda real quality elk guide or big game type I think I would just go ahead and stick with number 1.

BUT then I saw mention of GSD and figured I would just take my GSD.

BUT then I saw all these mentions of cola drinkers and that sounds like a good plan so Im gonna bring my GSD to that party and see what happens.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#36]
OP needs the one who is also a dentist.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:23:54 PM EDT
[#37]
#2 - I can protect myself, but I can't feed myself. Besides #1 would just be another animal to track and kill.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP needs the one who is also a dentist.
View Quote
Damn right about that!  

Eric  
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At first I thought I would take a number 1 because people who go out and shoot a lot have a decent chance of being capable of getting some work done.

BUT I remembered the number of fat asses waddling out to the deer stand and falling asleep or dicking around on their phones until they hear a squirrel and almost fall out of the stand.

So unless I was dealing with some kinda real quality elk guide or big game type I think I would just go ahead and stick with number 1.

BUT then I saw all these mentions of cola drinkers and that sounds like a good plan so Im gonna bring my GSD to that party and see what happens.  
View Quote
You would like to hear more of the Cola Wars?
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Go stalk a whitetail and get back to us. I get what you’re saying about feedersand agree but sitting in ambush is about the only to reliably hunt whitetails.
View Quote
I could have stabbed multiple deer every year if I had a bayonet attached to my shotgun. This is while bird hunting with a dog. Moving quietly takes a lifetime of learning.  Got within a few feet of a small buck this morning, my dog was pointing it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#41]
I chose #2 as I am a hunter who tracks and move by foot in my hunting AO. Knowing how to harvest an animal for food as well all knowing how to plant and grow food is essential. Knowing where the fresh cool, clean spring water is would be very important.

I would use that knowledge along with my combat tours in Vietnam during the early 70's and combine it with the above and thrive.

My model of survival would be avoid and evade aggressors. Unless I had a full group of like minded folks that could be trained and trusted.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Somehow, shooting 3gun means that you will starve in SHTF.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Come and chug it
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:03:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
WOLVERINES!
View Quote
I'm wearing a Wolverines Hoodie indoors, and did the morning hunt.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:09:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Boy, I'm from the REAL South. Even the Gear Queers hunt.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:10:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone north of I-10 is yankees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boy, I'm from the REAL South. Even the Gear Queers hunt.
Anyone north of I-10 is yankees.
I've said the same thing many a time. From Ocean Springs, MS. That said, these SC boys know how to use their land.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I chose #2 as I am a hunter who tracks and move by foot in my hunting AO. Knowing how to harvest an animal for food as well all knowing how to plant and grow food is essential. Knowing where the fresh cool, clean spring water is would be very important.

I would use that knowledge along with my combat tours in Vietnam during the early 70's and combine it with the above and thrive.

My model of survival would be avoid and evade aggressors. Unless I had a full group of like minded folks that could be trained and trusted.
View Quote
Yep.  Planning on getting into gunfights is planning to fail.  If you're planning on having shootouts at your house you're planning to fail.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Hunter.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top