Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The easiest way to get the last round or two in the shield plus is with a maglula.

You might as well get one and save the strain on your joints loading pistol mags. Mags are disposable, your hands aren't.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish they would have included the Metal.  I would have jumped on that one.
View Quote

I would be all over a metal Shield Plus.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
So I've had 4 shields. 1 original, 1 2.0 pc, and two 4" pc plusses.

As far as I can tell, the 2.0 can go on the plus frame and functions fine, although loading a full mag on a closed slide takes extra pressure.

The shield is the most shootable gun in its class, especially the ported performance center guns.

I feel sad for the 365 owners.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The easiest way to get the last round or two in the shield plus is with a maglula.

You might as well get one and save the strain on your joints loading pistol mags. Mags are disposable, your hands aren't.
View Quote

Do the "shaping" on the follower that's shown earlier in this thread (and in others).  You won't need the loading tool anymore.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@grumpyinstl

Where did you find this deal?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, after reading this I saw an OR version wiht night sights as a edc kit for 429 and another 50 rebate, when everything else was 459--so I bought it.  
I have a 365 and Hellcat, so why not.  I always like a good experiment.  I want to shoot it alongside my others and see if it becomes the edc.

@grumpyinstl

Where did you find this deal?

Denny Denis Sporting Goods in Fenton MO
He said they had three left after I bought mine.
They were some kind of special.
Mine is OR cut and has the night sights.  I think that is why it cost 29 dollars more.
It comes with the 10 and 13rnd mags.  A knife for opening boxes and a flashlight you can keep in the glovebox.

Be sure to ask for the 429 edc kit. Everything else was 459
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I've had 4 shields. 1 original, 1 2.0 pc, and two 4" pc plusses.

As far as I can tell, the 2.0 can go on the plus frame and functions fine, although loading a full mag on a closed slide takes extra pressure.

The shield is the most shootable gun in its class, especially the ported performance center guns.

I feel sad for the 365 owners.
View Quote

I passed on the ported version.  This may well become my edc and shooting a ported pistol from a compressed or retention position is a worry.  S&W actually warns about in their literature--but then again they warn about everything.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm kinda sold too

I love my 365XL but the shield plus grip is the most comfortable micro I have held.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sold after this thread.

I'm kinda sold too

I love my 365XL but the shield plus grip is the most comfortable micro I have held.

I have a 365 also.  Grip feel is always a crap shoot because our hands are all so different.  
I do not have long fingers so I have never been able to shoot glocks well.

Because of this thread I stopped by the LGS and asked if they any.  They had plenty.
I picked one up and thought, yup I know what they are talking about.  
The proof is in the shooting of course.  But with dry firing with a laser, it jsut seems to find my hand better than the 365 or the hellcat.  
If this shots like it feels; I am going to sell them.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I tried it against the 43x, Hellcat, and P365 and liked the S&W the best….but hated that it wouldn’t fit a 507k without milling.

Just stuck with my old 43 and G26. Hopefully they change the optics template.

This plate doesn't work?

If we use the adapter plate, is it correct to assume this RDS is raised and the iron wont co-witness?
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 10:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If we use the adapter plate, is it correct to assume this RDS is raised and the iron wont co-witness?
View Quote

Found this on reddit
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Any go to AIWB holsters in stock ready to go?
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

3 or 4 inch, Optics or not?  Look at Tulster.  
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FMTN9VW?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't do AIWB but this might work and is quickly becoming my favorite IWB for comfort and value

Link Posted: 3/20/2023 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't do AIWB but this might work and is quickly becoming my favorite IWB for comfort and value
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PGMWdwCtjE
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PGMWdwCtjE

Don takes care of my pocket carry needs with my Plus.

Long wait time when I ordered it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

3 or 4 inch, Optics or not?  Look at Tulster.  
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FMTN9VW?tag=arfcom00-20
View Quote

Ordered the 3.1" plus but I want a 4" optic ready holster.

Looked at the Tulster, those clips tear up my belts pretty quickly.

ETA: I ordered another LAS Concealment Shogun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

T-rex Arms
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, since you assholes cost me money, I'm going to return the favor.

Family Firearms: Get an emailed quote to get this price -- which comes in a few minutes. EDC package that's OR and has front & rear tritium sights is $380 plus $20 shipping and no tax. The regular Plus is $335 plus $20.

ETA: $50 rebate comes off of that.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, since you assholes cost me money, I'm going to return the favor.

Family Firearms: Get an emailed quote to get this price -- which comes in a few minutes. EDC package that's OR and has front & rear tritium sights is $380 plus $20 shipping and no tax. The regular Plus is $335 plus $20.

ETA: $50 rebate comes off of that.
View Quote

That's a DANG good deal. If I didn't already get one I would pick that up. I got mine for 370 (OR with night sights and no thumb safety) but had to pay tax. No shipping b/c it was local.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

JM Custom Kydex has holsters ready to ship.  I think mine took about a week to get to me.  

I have the normal IWB holster, but they also have AIWB listed under their "quick ship" category.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Just a reminder the $50 rebate ends on April 2nd.
Picked one up locally for $388, so $338 after rebate
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:32:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just a reminder the $50 rebate ends on April 2nd.
Picked one up locally for $388, so $338 after rebate
View Quote

At Sub 350, I can't see why people would consider a 43x or 365 XL
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

At Sub 350, I can't see why people would consider a 43x or 365 XL
View Quote

They want something less shootable (43x/365) and/or less reliable (365).
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Shield .45 here. Hate the fucking thing. My 669, thats a different story.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#23]
I just finished the "plus" frame upgrade this weekend. I had an APEX trigger kit for the Shield 1.0 and decided to put it in. It is NOT a direct fit, I had to relieve the frame slightly. Also I found a Shield Optics Ready Slide that the Holosun 507k directly mounts to, no plates involved. NOTE I said Shield Optics Ready Slide. Not Shield plus. This is a great upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just finished the "plus" frame upgrade this weekend. I had an APEX trigger kit for the Shield 1.0 and decided to put it in. It is NOT a direct fit, I had to relieve the frame slightly. Also I found a Shield Optics Ready Slide that the Holosun 507k directly mounts to, no plates involved. NOTE I said Shield Optics Ready Slide. Not Shield plus. This is a great upgrade.
View Quote

Does you great slide upgrade have a great link?
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's one from Brownells, got mine local at Turner's. https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-slides-parts/shield-pistol-optics-ready-slide-assembly/

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one from Brownells, got mine local at Turner's. https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/handgun-parts/handgun-slides-parts/shield-pistol-optics-ready-slide-assembly/

This one?

So a 507K fits the Shield slide but not the Shield Plus slide?

Edit:  This picture seens to indicate it would.  Strange.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#27]
For the holster, while it may not be a quick shop item I love my crossbreed reckoning system.  I believe it is on sale for 20% off right now.  If you are lucky you may find one quick at crossbreedseconds.com the only thing is I had to file a bit to get the optic to clear the top edge, took maybe 5min with a small file. It is the most comfortable iwb I could find for anyone with a gut.  The leather keeps the back of the slide from digging in.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:12:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I still have one of the original shields, its not bad to carry and I shoot it well but I just dont really like it. Not sure why, its a solid pistol.

If i'm being honest about it though if I could get more than $150 out of it I would trade it in and buy one of the little glocks.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#29]
I have a 2.0 shield single stack I upgraded with mag guts and I own a P365 that works fine.  Why do I want to get a plus now to the point I want to get it just so I won’t have to stew on it anymore?

This place is expensive.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That's a DANG good deal. If I didn't already get one I would pick that up. I got mine for 370 (OR with night sights and no thumb safety) but had to pay tax. No shipping b/c it was local.
View Quote

Two is one.  One is none.  Or so they say
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This one?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/shieldor_jpg-2755056.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could get the whole pistol for a few dollars more.

This one?

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

This one?

View Quote

Correct.

The Shield Plus OR slide has two additional metal "posts" below the screw holes. It's the Shield RMSc footprint.

The slide in that picture is cut for the Holosum 507k X2 footprint.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I really like mine. Had an original Shield, and upgraded to a Plus about four months ago. My only complaint is the aggressiveness of the grip, walking around with it it starts to abrade my skin where I'm carrying (IWB @ 4 O'Clock). Went for a walk with it the other day and after I was done it looked like I had road rash.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I really like mine. Had an original Shield, and upgraded to a Plus about four months ago. My only complaint is the aggressiveness of the grip, walking around with it it starts to abrade my skin where I'm carrying (IWB @ 4 O'Clock). Went for a walk with it the other day and after I was done it looked like I had road rash.
View Quote

I cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and put it around the grip and that fixes the rough texture issue.  Feels good to me.
Link Posted: 3/22/2023 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have a 2.0 shield single stack I upgraded with mag guts and I own a P365 that works fine.  Why do I want to get a plus now to the point I want to get it just so I won’t have to stew on it anymore?

This place is expensive.
View Quote

Justify it by the option of 15 round factory mags
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks to this thread and the rebate,  I just picked up my optics ready Shield Plus.  I didn't realize it came with night sights, so that was a nice surprise.  The stippling is also a nice medium between my gen 1 Shield 9 and the sandpaper of my gen 1 Shield 45.

Can't wait to shoot it
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Update! Bought one just now. $487 out the door for an optics ready version, non safety.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Dunhams has some 15 round mags for $27 after the 10% off coupon.

There’s none left in Port Huron though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Update! Bought one just now. $487 out the door for an optics ready version, non safety.
View Quote

You won’t be disappointed!
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I still have one of the original shields, its not bad to carry and I shoot it well but I just dont really like it. Not sure why, its a solid pistol.

If i'm being honest about it though if I could get more than $150 out of it I would trade it in and buy one of the little glocks.
View Quote

If you were local I would def give you 150.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

So how many people did we convert in this thread? lol

so 430 with the rebate isn't terrible, enjoy the gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Palmetto was out of stock and by the time I find one at a decent price with shipping and the transfer, i figured id be close with out the waiting.

debating on selling my Hellcat which ive been carrying. i haven't touched my sigs in months.

i gave my dad my vedder light tuck and mag carrier for his Shield Plus that i got him. He's 83 and doesn't carry anyways.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Palmetto was out of stock and by the time I find one at a decent price with shipping and the transfer, i figured id be close with out the waiting.

debating on selling my Hellcat which ive been carrying. i haven't touched my sigs in months.

i gave my dad my vedder light tuck and mag carrier for his Shield Plus that i got him. He's 83 and doesn't carry anyways.
View Quote

I like the hellcat better, but wouldn't have 2 different micro 9s if I could have 2 of the same. Hellcat is the first ccw I got two of.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought the OR model in February from GunZoneDeals. Was just over $400 so around $380 after adding FFL fees then deducting rebate.  I moved my Shield optics red dot from my 43x MOS. The mag release is easier to manipulate on the SP so the 43x is going to be sold/traded off. I came across a really good deal on some 13 round mags so I bought more than I’ll ever need. Guess I’ll have a few to trade off.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 11:55:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I"m not happy at all.  My Shield Plus chocked twice at TacCon2023 today during the match.  I was able to clear both malfs (FTEx) but it cost me time and one cost me a round on target.  I sucked anyways.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Shield .45 here. Hate the fucking thing. My 669, thats a different story.
View Quote

I have the Shield 2.0 in .45 with the attached laser and love shooting it. Wouldn’t hesitate to carry it but probably would prefer the 9mm for the added capacity.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:33:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Anyone know whether I'd still be able to get rebate if I order one now, but don't pick it up and do transfer until next week (after rebate period ends)?
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 4:45:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone know whether I'd still be able to get rebate if I order one now, but don't pick it up and do transfer until next week (after rebate period ends)?
View Quote

It *should* work if you submit the emailed receipt of your order as your proof of purchase (it's when you purchased it, not when you take possession).
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It *should* work if you submit the emailed receipt of your order as your proof of purchase (it's when you purchased it, not when you take possession).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Hopefully it'll work. I'm not sure since in the FAQs it has:

Q: My receipt does not list the serial number but my transfer paperwork does. Which do I submit?
A: A dated sales receipt must include the Store Name, a clear description of the item purchased and the purchase price. If the serial number is listed on a transfer or shipping document please include it as part of your submission.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Got in on the rebate frenzy and purchased a shield plus today. Feels great in the hands. Can't wait to shoot it

Started with a PPSm2, then a 43X, Sig 365XL, and now this.

$433 OTD after theft before rebate from sportsman's warehouse. Figured I saved money on shipping and transfer.

shield plus standard model
Attachment Attached File

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top