Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't believe it is still a part of our legal system.

Just about every story I hear involving bounty hunters is a soup sandwich.
View Quote
It is indeed very much retarded. Sometimes you have to cut the BS and move with the times. Maybe having bounthy hunters made sense 200 years ago, but nope, not any more.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Schnepp looks operator as fuck.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This man gets it.  There are thousands of successful fugitive recoveries done by quiet, professional teams of hunters every year.  Those are the ones we don't hear about in the news.  

If the jackwagons in this story came to my office looking for work, I'd run 'em off.  Wouldn't hire any one of them.  Have said the same thing about the dog & crew for years, as well.  Don't need or want the extra attention and liability these types bring to the table.  Guess that's why in 20 years of writing bail I've done all my own recovery work when needed...except for one case that I hired a team for assistance with.
View Quote
Dude you need to do an AMA thread, if you haven't already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is indeed very much retarded. Sometimes you have to cut the BS and move with the times. Maybe having bounthy hunters made sense 200 years ago, but nope, not any more.
View Quote
How would you fix the system?
No bail?
No bail bondsman?
Immediate forfeiture of bail?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No bail?
No bail bondsman?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bail?
No bail bondsman?
No commercial bonds in Kentucky and we manage just fine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a job I'd like to see off duty police doing on the side.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If the person is believed to be a violent criminal who is possibly going to do more harm, then the police can shoot them in the back or wherever.  At least that is what I read here when the police shot an escaped convict in NY a few years back.
View Quote
Not the same thing.  One is a Convicted Escapee and the other is a person whom has not been to trial.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never met a bounty hunter that wasn't a criminal
View Quote
I've met a few fugitive justice guys that come up to the line, but with their line of work I think it's a plus.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bail?
No bail bondsman?
A quick Google shows me the state runs the program. What's the point of setting $100,000 bail if the state will carry the bond?
Does the state have people actually go after those who don't show up, and forfeit the bond?

Looks like Louisville, Lexington, Owensboro and Frankfort have different rules ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's TN dollars not CA dollars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$300 K bail?

No way....for murder?
That's TN dollars not CA dollars.
It's funny because it's true.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never met a bounty hunter that wasn't a criminal
View Quote
Im a bail agent and also do recovery for my company.

We dont do a lot but a few times a year.

Im former LE background and I only work with former LE.

I maintain my LE cert in my state.
There are "bounty hunters" that are felons.

In my state all you need is a 24 HR class.

You are also supposed to maintain LE cert which hardly anyone has.

I refuse to work anyone whim I feel is a liability.

I maitain a good working relanshenship with LE and that makes all the difference.

90% of the time they come out with us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well, that must have been awkward.  And instructional.

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?
At my first PD, we had a recruit that had outstanding drug warrants out of California.

The recruit was riding with his FTO, when the FTO had the recruit enter his info in the car computer as a warrant check exercise. 
Well, that must have been awkward.  And instructional.

Mike
Did the outstanding warrants help him make sergeant faster?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

A quick Google shows me the state runs the program. What's the point of setting $100,000 bail if the state will carry the bond?
Does the state have people actually go after those who don't show up, and forfeit the bond?

Looks like Louisville, Lexington, Owensboro and Frankfort have different rules ??
View Quote
Assets I presume.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#16]
So they can run around playing cop without being answerable to nobody, most of the time?

Theres something really wrong with this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck those guys.  They need to rot in prison
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So they can run around playing cop without being answerable to nobody, most of the time?

Theres something really wrong with this.
View Quote
Pretty much. TN is kind of the Wild West with this stuff.

There is of course state law that applies to them, but as with most things it isn't exactly a huge LE priority.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Delete.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:39:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I maitain a good working relanshenship with LE and that makes all the difference.

View Quote
First question, what state?

Second, as a private citizen, you don't have to observe constitutional rights, do you?  With a shout of, "Maga!" you can kick in the door and grab your man.  Right?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Second, as a private citizen, you don't have to observe constitutional rights, do you?  With a shout of, "Maga!" you can kick in the door and grab your man.  Right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you get bonded you agree to surrender a lot of your rights, consider it as being similar to being on parole.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Wonder if they will be locked in the same cell with any of their previous "trophies"?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
What about when one of these errr people show up at a private residence. That they think their guy might be in or say he is in. Do they have a right without a warrant to go into anybody's home to look for their guy or to retrieve him.

Even LE has to get a warrant before going into a dwelling don't they

I've heard and I know it's second hand info. Of these thugs busting into peoples private homes because they thought the guy they were looking for was inside.

Not the home of the fugitive but of a lead they got as to where their fugitive might be at. How can they do that. Then threatening private citizens that don't even know the fugitive. Trying to strong arm their way into their homes.

How can they get away with this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Those bounty hunters got promotions for guarding a superiors house from newspaper delivery workers.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Holy cow!!!!!!!

They did that to someone they thought was just jumping bail and running from them. Danmmmmmm

What was he out on bail for again. Not that what I see above is any excuse to do what they did.

I'm just curious as to what they thought gave them reason enough to shoot and basically try to kill s bail jumper that was just trying to just get away.

After seeing that picture above I can't believe that just one person was killed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

When you get bonded you agree to surrender a lot of your rights, consider it as being similar to being on parole.
View Quote
Correct.

Also when FTA is involved we act as officersof Of the court serving a legal warrant.

I do believe in my state you are supposed to have a LE 40HR course as well.

Only time anyone will check is if Shit goes down. I have never been asked to show certs.

Im posting to from my Shit cell so ill try to post more later
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:54:55 PM EDT
[#27]
They are going to be bounty hunted in Prison. Welcome to protective solitary.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Holy crap.what a bunch of fucking idiots
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only police are allowed to shoot at the wrong vehicle and get off.

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/130314212231-dorner-wrong-truck-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg
View Quote
I remember that morning. I was going to work in Riverside and was puzzled why San Bernardino County Sheriffs deputies were in downtown Riverside. They had rifles at the ready and looked terrified. I've never seen men that looked so scared. Like they were being hunted, which they were. I later learned Dorner was holed up near my home in Big Bear.

I had my truck with a shell searched with another cop pointing a rifle at me. The faggot had his finger on the trigger and my idiot brother told him, "Can't corner the Dorner!"
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Your move, Florida.
View Quote
Sorry, all the Ohio transplants here appear to be busy having sex with their sisters and/or dogs right now.  Maybe a Michigander or a Two Shitter will step up to the plate shortly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:15:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can't believe it is still a part of our legal system.

Just about every story I hear involving bounty hunters is a soup sandwich.
View Quote
Perhaps because 99.99% of the time the bail jumper is taken into custody without issue. A couple times a year some idiot screws up, and that's the only story you hear about.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What about when one of these errr people show up at a private residence. That they think their guy might be in or say he is in. Do they have a right without a warrant to go into anybody's home to look for their guy or to retrieve him.

Even LE has to get a warrant before going into a dwelling don't they

I've heard and I know it's second hand info. Of these thugs busting into peoples private homes because they thought the guy they were looking for was inside.

Not the home of the fugitive but of a lead they got as to where their fugitive might be at. How can they do that. Then threatening private citizens that don't even know the fugitive. Trying to strong arm their way into their homes.

How can they get away with this.
View Quote
Hopefully they don't.  Hopefully they get blown the fuck away by an armed homeowner.

As far as I'm concerned, that's no different than any other home invasion.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:21:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Accidental tap
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:23:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wonder if they'll be sharing cells with former clients. Could be a good show.
View Quote
West and Prentice look rugged enough to hold their own.
The other 5 are probably going to need to get their cylinders re-sleeved by the time they're paroled.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:24:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Why isn't Prentice in alphabetical order like the rest? That's just lazy
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#38]
how many arfcommers did we lose?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Sorry, all the Ohio transplants here appear to be busy having sex with their sisters and/or dogs right now.  Maybe a Michigander or a Two Shitter will step up to the plate shortly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your move, Florida.
Why do you fall for their crap. WI is a troll just agitating people. You know kinda like an internet prick.  so

There's some really interesting posts here to read than his garbage
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#40]
The Ignoble Seven
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
At my first PD, we had a recruit that had outstanding drug warrants out of California.

The recruit was riding with his FTO, when the FTO had the recruit enter his info in the car computer as a warrant check exercise. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF?

we had one with a suspended licenses (it had been suspended like 3 times, he was less than 25 years old). some how no one caught it until he was hired.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:37:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the person is believed to be a violent criminal who is possibly going to do more harm, then the police can shoot them in the back or wherever.  At least that is what I read here when the police shot an escaped convict in NY a few years back.
View Quote
"fleeing felon".
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#43]
All seven have fucking weird shaped heads.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hopefully they don't.  Hopefully they get blown the fuck away by an armed homeowner.

View Quote
It sure is different if you cosigned the contract or are harboring a fugitive...that's a crime incase you didn't know.

I personally would not enter a house unless I know for a fact that person we are after is in side and it was for a felony warrant not just a surrender.

Most folks let us in they would rather have us in there home instead of LE.

If LE enters then anything illegal they see is good for a arrest. Where as we only want who we are after.

I am strait up with folks and nice until its time not to be nice, I do not act like a cop nor a thug.

The class I took was filled with felons and folks that think its cool to be a "bounty hunter" but have no idea what they are trying to get in to. I would never work recovery with out a weapon. So either they are not carrying or doing so illegally.
Ultimately the bond company is liable for who they hire and some hire felonsNow days bounty hunters are a dime a dozen.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#45]
A whole lot of serious sounding charges and only $300K for bail?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your move, Florida.
View Quote
Don't worry, we'll be back.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully you never have to bail out a friend or family member.  But if you do, hopefully, he or she will not miss court.  And, hopefully, if he or she does miss court, the bail agents and their teams don't find your connection to the fugitive and come looking for them at your house.  But when they do find that connection (and they will) and when they come to your house, hopefully, you will have dummied up and changed that ignorant attitude about fugitive recovery agents.  Because, if you haven't, someone's probably gonna die.  Hopefully, it won't be you.  I mean that, friend.

We get to defend ourselves from threats of grave bodily injury or death just like everyone else does.  We can be charged with negligence and worse just like everyone else can.  I won't come in your house looking for the bail jumper until after I ask you if I may and you have consented.  Otherwise...I'm out of there.  I'll catch 'em another day.  No need to be getting all roostered up, here.  Take a breath.  Relax.  Your best chance of NOT having a bunch of jackwagons like pictured above, come to your door and busting in, is to find a professional bondsman first...if you ever need one.  Thus endeth the lesson.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#48]
This happened in my hometown. Some of the individuals involved have a name synonymous with suspect activities.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Hopefully you never have to bail out a friend or family member.  But if you do, hopefully, he or she will not miss court.  And, hopefully, if he or she does miss court, the bail agents and their teams don't find your connection to the fugitive and come looking for them at your house.  But when they do find that connection (and they will) and when they come to your house, hopefully, you will have dummied up and changed that ignorant attitude about fugitive recovery agents.  Because, if you haven't, someone's probably gonna die.  Hopefully, it won't be you.  I mean that, friend.

We get to defend ourselves from threats of grave bodily injury or death just like everyone else does.  We can be charged with negligence and worse just like everyone else can.  I won't come in your house looking for the bail jumper until after I ask you if I may and you have consented.  Otherwise...I'm out of there.  I'll catch 'em another day.  No need to be getting all roostered up, here.  Take a breath.  Relax.  Your best chance of NOT having a bunch of jackwagons like pictured above, come to your door and busting in, is to find a professional bondsman first...if you ever need one.  Thus endeth the lesson.
View Quote
Not during the commission of a crime you don't.

No grand jury in this State is going to indict me for assuming a home invader is a violent criminal and treating them as such.  Thank goodness.   Maybe your State is different, tho.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
There was a bondsman here a while back talking about how he had a right to defend himself when raiding homes where the suspect is believed to be.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top