BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are quite right.

Gouging isn't the proper term for what I feel is going on here. I feel this is a marketing stunt.

Russian ammo is coming to a close one way or another. Tomorrow or at max in another 1.5 years. We've known that since last summer. Other European countries are entering the market and the US market may begin producing as well. Norinco ammo cans still circulate today, as do 7N6. This will be around for a while yet, too - but the ammo sellers were given notice over 6 months ago.

It's the method I dislike. I don't like how Rare Breed has 250 new triggers in stock every other day, but you have to have the super secret speakeasy email invite to them. I don't like how K-Var "finds" SGL 21s in their warehouse a few times a year (Or used to, that shtick may have finally ended). People complained when Ben from Classic Arms touted the "last of the last" for surplus imports over and over again and misrepresented the condition of those weapons. It's become too common a tactic in this market. Lee's Mags did it, and people eventually got sick of it to the point where he's almost unknown now. I mentioned earlier that there is an artificial inventory ticker on SG that still is used today. I don't like that either.

This is akin to crying wolf. The difference is we know when it is coming, which makes this seem all the more nonsensical. We have had time to buy, dealers have had opportunity to consider their future and adjust as necessary. This announcement rings hollow.

Especially when families are hurting to pay for other things right this second.
View Quote

I'll bite.

You say Russian ammo is either going to dry up tomorrow or in 2 years, and you imply the outcome is the same. The reality couldn't be much more different.

Scenario A: The Biden Admin puts sanctions on Russian ammo, but allows for existing import licenses to be fulfilled. Millions of rounds continue to be imported as the months pass, and there's adequate warning for PSA and Eastern European nations to make business decisions, invest, and build production for new sources of steel case ammo.

Scenario B: The two largest producers of steel case ammo (Russia and Ukraine) go to war against each other. Importation of ammo from both countries stops overnight. There is a ~2 year gap before others are able to step in and fill that gap. Whatever happens in the US ammo market in particular and the US economy in general in that 2 years... happens.

If you are a distributor, retailer, or consumer of steel case ammunition, these two scenarios are not comparable. They have very different consequences, and they create very different market conditions. Simply concluding that Russian ammo is going away either way is a gross oversimplification because the how and when matters, and it matters a lot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Correct.  19 cents per round, not .19 cents per round.  BIG difference.  Owning 50 guns isn't the same as owning .50 guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$189 ÷ 1,000 = $0.189 or 19 cents per round

Correct.  19 cents per round, not .19 cents per round.  BIG difference.  Owning 50 guns isn't the same as owning .50 guns.

I bet you’re fun at parties.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll bite.

You say Russian ammo is either going to dry up tomorrow or in 2 years, and you imply the outcome is the same. The reality couldn't be much more different.

Scenario A: The Biden Admin puts sanctions on Russian ammo, but allows for existing import licenses to be fulfilled. Millions of rounds continue to be imported as the months pass, and there's adequate warning for PSA and Eastern European nations to make business decisions, invest, and build production for new sources of steel case ammo.

Scenario B: The two largest producers of steel case ammo (Russia and Ukraine) go to war against each other. Importation of ammo from both countries stops overnight. There is a ~2 year gap before others are able to step in and fill that gap. Whatever happens in the US ammo market in particular and the US economy in general in that 2 years... happens.

If you are a distributor, retailer, or consumer of steel case ammunition, these two scenarios are not comparable. They have very different consequences, and they create very different market conditions. Simply concluding that Russian ammo is going away either way is a gross oversimplification because the how and when matters, and it matters a lot.
View Quote

What ammo comes out of ukraine currently? Serious question.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just ordered 2 cases of Tula 7.62x39 for $639 shipped from Heritage Armory

I have some on hand but I have a full auto that likes to eat and then two semis but to be honest I don’t really shoot them much. Problem is that there’s really no major producer other than Soviet stuff. Figured I better get some to hold me over just in case.
View Quote

Same here.

I don’t think ammo prices are going any lower.  

I’d been waiting for steel case to break less than $0.30 a round, but I’d rather pay a little more now and have sone extra cases of ammo in my stash than have money in my pocket depreciating with inflation and no ammo to show for it.  

It’s like hunting.  There are bucks that hunters would pass on the first day of the season that they’d be ecstatic yo see on the last day of the season with the prospect of tag soup looming.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Me waiting for ammo imports to dry up so I can buy AKs for $200 again.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think Barnaul or Silver Bear
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He also has a history of telling you how good the ammo market is (at that time) and telling you it would not last forever.

He also has a history of almost going out of business due to glut.

Whatever his choice is, he's trying to stay competitive and make money. That's the point of any business.

If the sanctions end tomorrow, and everything is flooded with bulk Russian ammo he'll have to sell at a loss. If prices go up to a million dollars a round, he'll have to figure that out. If the government deems selling it is illegal, he takes a 100% loss on inventory.

That's risk, that's his decision that's business.
View Quote

I’m siding with SG on this. His business, his property, his rules. Market will be fine. And if he decides to sell it later, the buyers will decide if it’s a good price or not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think Barnaul or Silver Bear
View Quote

Barnaul comes from Barnaul Russia.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone keeps assuming other Eastern European countries will step in to fill in the gap.

If we see another Cold War scenario, I think it’s possible that components, resources snd manpower that might have filled export contracts could be realigned to fill sudden ramp ups in European military contracts.

Bottom line, supply is going to get crimped big time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me waiting for ammo imports to dry up so I can buy AKs for $200 again.

https://i.imgflip.com/37u3g1.png
View Quote

Lol, I wonder how many now expensive imports could turn into fancy paperweights if it costs $1 a round to feed them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:46:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Just did a google search. Looks like Ukraines only (possible state owned) ammo factory was in the east and was taken over by the separatist.

The President also reminded that the issue of restoration and adjustment of production of such ammunition arose after Russia’s aggression against Ukraine and seizure of the factory in Luhansk by the invaders.

“Someone wanted to put Ukraine on its knees, because nobody sold us ammunition from abroad and the Luhansk plant was seized, equipment was taken to the Russian Federation or stolen. This is the attitude of the invaders,” the Head of State said.

LINK
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing people should be getting from this is that Sam, who profits from this for a living, just told all of you that in his expertise the value of ammo is about to go up from Russia. What you do with that info is up to you.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sitting on around 7k rounds of 7.62x39 and around 2k of 7.62x54r so I should be aight for a bit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm sitting on around 7k rounds of 7.62x39 and around 2k of 7.62x54r so I should be aight for a bit.
View Quote

What's a usual range trip?

How often do you go?

That could be 6 months supply or a lifetime
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Don’t need the commentary dude, either raise the price, or don’t..
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't know the reason, but I do know what I have been told by people that sell products with fluctuating prices. You can't sell current inventory for less than replacement cost or you will be at the bank trying to borrow money to stay in business. If you don't know what the replacement cost is going to be you can't sell without taking the chance of having empty shelves and not enough money to restock.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only thing people should be getting from this is that Sam, who profits from this for a living, just told all of you that in his expertise the value of ammo is about to go up from Russia. What you do with that info is up to you.
View Quote

GD's takeaway: "he's price gouging!"
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

.223 has NEVER been under a quarter of a cent per round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sam was telling people to buy when russian .223 got down to .18 cents per round and it wouldn't go any lower.

Now "he's"......pRiCe gOWJinG

Lmao...people never learn.

Never is a long time. I used to buy 5.56 m193 in 20 round kraft boxes for $3.00. Can't remember if it was Federal or IMI, of course this was in the mid eighties. But then again I remember five gallons of gas for $1.00. Yeah, I'm old.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Sell the sizzle, not the steak.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So he's gonna price gouge?
View Quote

Yep, and he’s being quite forthright about it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The knuckle heads here crack me up.

Post in this thread…
“He’s a dirt bag for being a capitalist!”

Next post in Ukraine thread…
“All commies should die, muh merica’ and capitalism is awesome!”

ZA
View Quote

How OLD are you?    Russia hasn’t been Commie for a Very long time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Never is a long time. I used to buy 5.56 m193 in 20 round kraft boxes for $3.00. Can't remember if it was Federal or IMI, of course this was in the mid eighties. But then again I remember five gallons of gas for $1.00. Yeah, I'm old.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sam was telling people to buy when russian .223 got down to .18 cents per round and it wouldn't go any lower.

You remember 7.62 at 4 for a penny?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:12:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Who cares?  I don’t want their shitty ass steel cased stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:17:24 PM EDT
[#24]

This is why I made my comment on page 1.

lol

He was turd before even doing this.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
None.  And if there is any, the Russians will take care of that shortly.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The knuckle heads here crack me up.

Post in this thread…
“He’s a dirt bag for being a capitalist!”

Next post in Ukraine thread…
“All commies should die, muh merica’ and capitalism is awesome!”

ZA
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Who cares?  I don't want their shitty ass steel cased stuff.
View Quote
The steel cased stuff keeps overall prices down. When it's gone, all the people shooting it will be buying up the brass cased US made ammo you buy now. Result is sky higher ammo prices.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Nevermind.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Fuck you, you greedy Cuck!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I sold my AK last month....Guess it's time to sell the ammo as well. Was hoping to get one of those 7.62 Faxon uppers but they are pretty much OOS everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Lucky for me I got an ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Who cares?  I don’t want their shitty ass steel cased stuff.
View Quote

Everyone see this guy? This is the guy who doesn't understand that if there's no more Russian ammo coming in his precious, "Muh rifle only shoots brass!" won't be able to eat either because every fucking cartridge will be $4 per round. Now me? I can absorb that price because I have a good job and an ammo fort that would make most of you weep openly, but I would PREFER not to have everyone paying that much.

I also have various trashcan guns that I like to shoot as well that are almost exclusively reliant on Russian ammunition manufacturers. Again, big ammo fort, but why the fuck would i want to never be able to replenish my stock?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#34]
IDGAF
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 1:52:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7.62x51, 7.62x54 or 7.62x39? About the same time I was buying the $3.00 5.56, a Chinese SKS was going for $75 and a 1440 round case of 7.62x39 was $60.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He sent emails for years saying "buy this shit while it's cheap".
View Quote

This.  

SGammo is GTG in my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:07:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Plz buy. Prices are low so I can only make money on volume. It won't be like this forever.

GD: HA HA WOW ur trying to scare us lol no way u scammer

Okay well I'm not sure I want to sell all this because I don't know what it goes for or when I can replenish it.

GD:  WOW STOP PRICE GOUGING WOW SELL TO ME AT 17cpr WOW YOU CROOK
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. This right here. [REd]But crickets in GD on this.[red]

Worse!

There were threads complaining that he was "fear mongering" and trying to scare people into ordering.

I buy from SGAmmo. Not everything, but I have found ammo that they were either cheapest on or close enough to it.

Shop around. No one ever said that one guy had to be the cheapest on everything. Buy when it makes sense, dont when it doesnt. But complaining about it is silly.

We have a shop here like that. Some of their prices are good, some of them a the best I can find. Most of them are too high for my taste.  But I have no reason to complain about that. Buy what makes sense.

Plz buy. Prices are low so I can only make money on volume. It won't be like this forever.

Okay well I'm not sure I want to sell all this because I don't know what it goes for or when I can replenish it.

Yeah those newsletters tricked me too.
Now all I have to show for it is a rather large stack of Fat 50’s in my basement.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This.
He's got a history of doing this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
He's got a history of doing this

Supply and demand is a bitch
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Not a surprise.  Joe did that.

Being out of ammo to sell is being out of business.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This is why I made my comment on page 1.

lol

He was turd before even doing this.
View Quote

Quoted:
The steel cased stuff keeps overall prices down. When it's gone, all the people shooting it will be buying up the brass cased US made ammo you buy now. Result is sky higher ammo prices.
View Quote

Agree
But it’s pretty shitty ammunition all though cheap blaster ammo is good to have on tap.

People will just stop shooting or someone like psa will fill the void and balance out the market.

Either way holding inventory and saying I already stacked   is a temporary solution imo.

Quoted:
Lucky for me I got an ammo.
View Quote

I have gas in my truck so I don’t care how bad that gets
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Good thing I don't own commie calibers
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#44]
What is a decent price for 7.62x39?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Now all I have to show for it is a rather large stack of Fat 50’s in my basement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. This right here. [REd]But crickets in GD on this.[red]

Worse!

There were threads complaining that he was "fear mongering" and trying to scare people into ordering.

I buy from SGAmmo. Not everything, but I have found ammo that they were either cheapest on or close enough to it.

Shop around. No one ever said that one guy had to be the cheapest on everything. Buy when it makes sense, dont when it doesnt. But complaining about it is silly.

We have a shop here like that. Some of their prices are good, some of them a the best I can find. Most of them are too high for my taste.  But I have no reason to complain about that. Buy what makes sense.

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$189 ÷ 1,000 = $0.189 or 19 cents per round

People in GD don't leave their moms basement
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fuck you, you greedy Cuck!
View Quote

Guess who's outta ammo?

Do you even capitalism?

Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's my guess.
When imports are cut off, he can sell stock at more $$.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's my guess.
When imports are cut off, he can sell stock at more $$.
View Quote
We've always said here that ammo is a good investment.
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:37:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Everyone is here deploying their Dooney & Bourke. I was just on SG's site. There was X39 there and available.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top