Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a thing on imgut last night. They say they thought it was a bomb.  Did they evacuate anything? Did they seperate the boy from it? Did they call bomb squad?

Nope.
View Quote

Do you think that people really thought the kid with the poptart "gun" had a real firearm? He got booted just the same.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:50:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah terrorists are building Qassam 3 rockets that they can shoot into Israel from 16 kilometers away even though they are uneducated idiots. Not every terrorist is an uneducated goat fucking farmer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile, super genius, who can even follow the simple instructions of one to the simplest consumer electronic devices on Earth, is being invited to the White House, because according to POTUS, "We need more kids like you."

Shit, if he can't figure out simple instructions, how many times have bystanders pulled a misplaced plastic bag off of his head?

Because no 14 year old has ever had a cell phone or watch alarm go off in class because they made a mistake in setting it or forgot to turn the alarm or sound off.

Shit - my alarm goes off by mistake at work some times

And we do need more kids like him. You think the fundamental terrorists are into science and NASA? NASA is a godless atheist creation. We need more kids interested in stuff like this (it doesn't matter if he is a genius or not, he can learn to work in the tech field) and the more modern Muslims in the US, the less fundamental bullshit we have. We should be encouraging this behavior.

Yeah terrorists are building Qassam 3 rockets that they can shoot into Israel from 16 kilometers away even though they are uneducated idiots. Not every terrorist is an uneducated goat fucking farmer.

Jesus - no - those things are super simple rockets that take little knowledge to make. They literally are like scaled up versions of the stuff you find at walmart. They are highly inaccurate, non-guided solid propellant rockets. The German V2 makes it look like a sling shot by comparison - and that is using ~75 year old technology.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Did I in any way emphasize the word "briefcase" or make that a critical part of my analysis? You can insult me all you want. I know you're incapable of critical thinking or even basic reading comprehension, and that's just fine. However, I will attempt to explain this to you.

1) I am not advocating a defense in any way of zero tolerance policies. Nothing I said in my post could have been misconstrued to mean that by any sane human.
2) Taken by itself, the "device" bears more of a resemblance to an IED than it does to a clock. That does not mean that I or anybody else thinks it was a bomb - just that it could easily be construed that way. This is hard to argue given the pictures posted earlier in this thread of multiple IEDs.
3) The "student" has been interviewed repeatedly since then, and has mentioned that he has been called a "bomb maker" or something like that in the past, due to his name, ethnicity, religion, or some combination of all three. That's a coincidence I'm sure and has no bearing on this incident.
4) His father is a known CAIR troll who ran twice for the imaginary president of Sudan, among other things. That's also a coincidence and has no bearing on this incident.
5) Ahmed himself was well aware of the device's appearance and mentioned that he didn't want it to look too suspicious (or maybe it was more suspicious). That of course is also a coincidence, because genius students building clocks often want people to know that they aren't explosive devices.

I believe that he specifically engineered this invention to cause a reaction. He got what he wanted. His own interviews, let alone the mountains of circumstantial and direct evidence, give all of that away. Yet many people here refuse to see the obvious truth.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Kid took a clock apart and put it into a pencil box. Meh...

Didn't keep the buttons to know which to press when the alarm went off. Also forgot to cut off the buzzer AND he kept the 110 outlet wire and the transformer when he was clearly running from the 9volt back up. Otherwise how would the alarm go off in class if it wasn't connected to the wall?

Stupid actions of a teenager playing with electronics.

But....

The teacher and the cops were both dumber than a sack of rocks.

No amount of conspiracy theories on how the dad or obungo or the media trumped this up or planned any of this will EVER excuse them for their stupidity.

The kid may be dumb, but the cops and teachers were light years beyond stupid.

The kid gets my support.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]
edit: too late
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Jesus - no - those things are super simple rockets that take little knowledge to make. They literally are like scaled up versions of the stuff you find at walmart. They are highly inaccurate, non-guided solid propellant rockets. The German V2 makes it look like a sling shot by comparison - and that is using ~75 year old technology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meanwhile, super genius, who can even follow the simple instructions of one to the simplest consumer electronic devices on Earth, is being invited to the White House, because according to POTUS, "We need more kids like you."

Shit, if he can't figure out simple instructions, how many times have bystanders pulled a misplaced plastic bag off of his head?

Because no 14 year old has ever had a cell phone or watch alarm go off in class because they made a mistake in setting it or forgot to turn the alarm or sound off.

And we do need more kids like him. You think the fundamental terrorists are into science and NASA? NASA is a godless atheist creation. We need more kids interested in stuff like this (it doesn't matter if he is a genius or not, he can learn to work in the tech field) and the more modern Muslims in the US, the less fundamental bullshit we have. We should be encouraging this behavior.

Your kidding right? The Nazis had an industrial nation backing them when they built those rockets. If a qassam rocket is so easy to build why don't you try building one? A rocket made of steel and carrying a relatively heavy payload 16 kilometers isn't easy to build out of backroom shops.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Your kidding right? The Nazis had an industrial nation backing them when they built those rockets. If a qassam rocket is so easy to build why don't you try building one? A rocket made of steel and carrying a relatively heavy payload 16 kilometers isn't easy to build out of backroom shops.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fuck it isn't.  You need a lathe and a drill press. It is a simple solid fuel rocket. My friend makes similar ones that go nearly that far.

it is cheap, dirty, and low tech. Don't act like they are fucking rocket scientist. Liquid fueled guided rockets are a whole different league. It would be like comparing building a bicycle to building a car.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How the fuck would I know?  I wasn't there.  I'm just a dumb Georgia hick thinking about the next time I get to fuck my sister.  At least I don't see terrorists under every fucking bush.  Remain vigilant, don't see shit that isn't there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but he is a genius that invented the clock, he should know to turn the alarm off, but then again why did he invent the alarm to go off in english class anyway?

It's amazing how invested in a conspiracy theory you all get.

By arfcom standards I am in fact a tinfoiler.  These guys are embarrassing.

So both of you cant explain why the MIT worthy genius had the alarm clock he invented set to go off in the english class?

How the fuck would I know?  I wasn't there.  I'm just a dumb Georgia hick thinking about the next time I get to fuck my sister.  At least I don't see terrorists under every fucking bush.  Remain vigilant, don't see shit that isn't there.

So . . . It doesn't strike you as odd that it occurred to him that putting a lock on the case would look suspicious, but putting it in a metal case and wrapping it with a wire or something (I forget what he said) didn't strike him as suspicious? Further complicating things, how does a 120v powered alarm clock just happen to go off in class?

It's not like a watch or cell phone where they run off batteries.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So . . . It doesn't strike you as odd that it occurred to him that putting a lock on the case would look suspicious, but putting it in a metal case and wrapping it with a wire or something (I forget what he said) didn't strike him as suspicious? Further complicating things, how does a 120v powered alarm clock just happen to go off in class?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So both of you cant explain why the MIT worthy genius had the alarm clock he invented set to go off in the english class?

Really?  So why did they bother putting a spot for a 9V battery in every alarm clock I've ever owned?  Duracell must have paid them off...
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Do kids that age have lockers at school?   I really have no idea if they do but it seems like he could have put it somewhere else instead of taking it to English class after he had already shown it to the teacher he was trying to impress.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Really?  So why did they bother putting a spot for a 9V battery in every alarm clock I've ever owned?  Duracell must have paid them off...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 9v only supplies backup power in every alarm clock I've ever owned.  It won't work the display or sound the alarm. It simply keeps you from having to reset the time when the power comes back on.  BTDT once or twice.

ETA: that's why I sometimes have a backup alarm set on my phone.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#12]
There are three possible scenarios here:

1.  The kid "built" a clock.  Now, granted it isn't Penn State EE lab quality, so we'll have to assume he isn't the Genius that everyone seems to think he is.  Maybe he's just an average kid that likes to tinker with shit.  If that is the case, the school owes him an apology and needs to undo the suspension.  He didn't threaten anyone as if it were a bomb.  He didn't make it look like a bomb.  He even showed it to one of his teachers.

2.  The kid or his dad is trolling.  They put it together and tried to get a reaction.  They got the reaction they were looking for.  The school still owes him an apology.  He didn't threaten anyone as if it were a bomb.  He didn't make it look like a bomb.  He even showed it to one of his teachers.

3.  They are trying to desensitize teachers to things that beep.  Now the terrorists can get that dramatic Hollywood bomb effect that can only be achieved if the bomb is able to beep as the timer ticks down to zero.  The school does not owe him an apology and they should ban things that beep to keep the children safe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The 9v only supplies backup power in every alarm clock I've ever owned.  It won't work the display or sound the alarm. It simply keeps you from having to reset the time when the power comes back on.  BTDT once or twice.

View Quote

On many alarms, it won't run the display but it will sound the alarm.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's why i only use my phone as an alarm now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every alarm clock I've owned would still go off at the appointed time as long as the battery wasn't dead.  You should probably get a better alarm clock.  This kid can probably steer you to a brand that works.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Kid was trolling, got banned.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
His Science teacher told him not to fuck around with it in other classes. Don't plug it, don't open it, don't show it off.

Dumb ass kid did so anyways.

I'm not a PC Wizard or a EOD expert. Shit looks like a bomb to me.

Lastly, he didn't exactly cooperate with the SRO either and was a dumb ass.

This entire event is an example of stupid school enforcement policies and teenagers being teenagers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Every alarm clock I've owned would still go off at the appointed time as long as the battery wasn't dead.  You should probably get a better alarm clock.  This kid can probably steer you to a brand that works.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. . . I figured there must be some out there that worked that way, but I've owned a couple and none of them functioned. I don't buy $200 alarm clocks, I don't buy the dollar store ones either, so IDK. Maybe I should go shopping for another another one - I want one with a good dimmable blue or green display with a radio. Got any suggestions? I know it's off topic, so IM me if you do...
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
and then disassembled it a 2nd time and put it in a pencil case?  

Stop repeating the briefcase nonsense.  There was a picture posted of the clock.  Some morons who can't look at anything in detail failed to recognize other features which allowed the scale of the photograph to be understood and lacking any real cognitive ability simply linked the picture with the first thing that came to mind, a briefcase.  Then other morons repeated it.

Stop being one of those other morons.  Thinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I've heard he just bought a clock, took it apart, then put it back together in a briefcase. Don't know if its true, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was.
and then disassembled it a 2nd time and put it in a pencil case?  

Stop repeating the briefcase nonsense.  There was a picture posted of the clock.  Some morons who can't look at anything in detail failed to recognize other features which allowed the scale of the photograph to be understood and lacking any real cognitive ability simply linked the picture with the first thing that came to mind, a briefcase.  Then other morons repeated it.

Stop being one of those other morons.  Thinks.

See this?

Don't know if its true, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was

This right here means I didnt know if it was true or not, it kind of says that. Now before you start with the "you shouldn't post if you aren't sure about it" crap, part of the reason I posted that was that I was curious whether or not it was true, I figured someone here would know, and I made sure to qualify the statement.  And someone quickly came along and pointed out that the part about the clock was correct, but it was a pencil case, not a briefcase. So, now, if someone reads through, they'll see my post and its response, and know more about the situation.

Now quit being one of those silly jackasses that tries to browbeat people on the internet but cant even do a proper job of it b/c they cant end their little mini rant thing with the correct word. Think. Or Thanks. Or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If I were going to make a mimic bomb, I think I'd put some fake explosives in it somewhere.

You don't know what it looked like before they tore it apart during inspection.

By your theory, the kid knew in advance the teachers would be too stupid to see there was no fake explosives and just assume it's a bomb cause they saw something like it in a Hollywood movie and he furthered his ruse by claiming it was a clock from the very beginning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My background is in computer engineering. At Penn State, that meant a good mix of computer science and electrical engineering.

In both my CE and EE labs, we built a lot of simple devices to help teach us about electronics in reality. CD players and clocks were among them.

I bring this up because the digital clocks that we would build - using various displays and drivers to teach you how to drive a clock with a counter, an FPGA, a microcontroller, whatever - looked NOTHING like what this kid made. You don't have a briefcase with wires sticking out of it.

There is zero chance that this was not done intentionally. This was engineered to look exactly like a bomb and get a reaction. This was done intentionally to make some sort of statement, most likely with the assistance of his radical father.

He even said that he "didn't think he would get this far." I wonder what that means? Almost like it was planned or something.

If I were going to make a mimic bomb, I think I'd put some fake explosives in it somewhere.

By your theory, the kid knew in advance the teachers would be too stupid to see there was no fake explosives and just assume it's a bomb cause they saw something like it in a Hollywood movie and he furthered his ruse by claiming it was a clock from the very beginning.

My 14 yo son asked if we could make a fake bomb "like the one in Counterstrike".  I have a background in electronics and he is mildly interested, so I gave him a Jameco catalog and had him pick out the parts.  We got an LCD display for an Arduino, a keypad, and piezo buzzer.  I had him help write the code to run the thing.  You can specify the code to "disarm" the bomb, then start the countdown.  It starts beeping faster as it gets closer to detonation, and we send pseudo white noise to the piezo at zero and it kind of sounds like an explosion.

The last thing he wanted was to find a metal case, just like the one this "clock" is in, to put the device in.  He was very excited about the metal case, because it would, again, look like what he thought a "bomb" should look like.  We never got around to it because I didn't want to spend the money on it.

From the very beginning I told him no way would he *ever* be able to bring this to school.  I'm not stupid.

I'm thinking if my son saw this "clock" he would think "cool fake bomb, bro", not "cool clock".
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My 14 yo son asked if we could make a fake bomb "like the one in Counterstrike".  I have a background in electronics and he is mildly interested, so I gave him a Jameco catalog and had him pick out the parts.  We got an LCD display for an Arduino, a keypad, and piezo buzzer.  I had him help write the code to run the thing.  You can specify the code to "disarm" the bomb, then start the countdown.  It starts beeping faster as it gets closer to detonation, and we send pseudo white noise to the piezo at zero and it kind of sounds like an explosion.

The last thing he wanted was to find a metal case, just like the one this "clock" is in, to put the device in.  He was very excited about the metal case, because it would, again, look like what he thought a "bomb" should look like.  We never got around to it because I didn't want to spend the money on it.

From the very beginning I told him no way would he *ever* be able to bring this to school.  I'm not stupid.

I'm thinking if my son saw this "clock" he would think "cool fake bomb, bro", not "cool clock".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My background is in computer engineering. At Penn State, that meant a good mix of computer science and electrical engineering.

In both my CE and EE labs, we built a lot of simple devices to help teach us about electronics in reality. CD players and clocks were among them.

I bring this up because the digital clocks that we would build - using various displays and drivers to teach you how to drive a clock with a counter, an FPGA, a microcontroller, whatever - looked NOTHING like what this kid made. You don't have a briefcase with wires sticking out of it.

There is zero chance that this was not done intentionally. This was engineered to look exactly like a bomb and get a reaction. This was done intentionally to make some sort of statement, most likely with the assistance of his radical father.

He even said that he "didn't think he would get this far." I wonder what that means? Almost like it was planned or something.

So anything with a clock face looks like a bomb? Ever see real IED? Lots of them are connected to a cell phone. So any kid with a cellphone and modeling clay has a fake bomb? This as stupid as the dozens of other examples in the past decade or so. From tea bags and leafs being mistaken for weed, to clearly toy guns being called weapons.

And the police never thought he had a bomb and they still arrested him. That is the most retarded fucking thing. I guess it would be one thing if they really thought he had a bomb, but no one thought that. Not even the school.

If the school really thought there was a a bomb, the school would be EMPTIED. If the police thought it was real they wouldn't have touched it, they would have called a bomb squad. No evacuation.No bomb squad. They just chucked the thing around like it was harmless - because they knew it was. They went through the security theater of arresting him because - who the fuck knows. They might be idiots or racist idiots.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#22]

oh my gosh!

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]

If you REALLY thought that was a bomb, would you bring it to the teachers' lounge. or would you leave it where it was, call the cops, and evacuate the school?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#24]
You might be on to something - it turns out the kid's dad is an activist.

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

He finally has the cause he has been seeking for so long. School officials were being prudent, protecting the children. Irving, Texas has had its share of jihad and sharia. Two Muslim sisters, Amina and Sarah Said, were honor murdered by their father, execution-style, in Irving several years ago. He is still at large. And Irving, Texas is only half an hour from Garland, Texas – the site of a jihad shooting on a free speech event last May. And the news is regularly riddled with stories of young Muslims, all lovely, sweet achievers, who suddenly — go jihad.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/17/ahmed-mohamed-and-the-islamophobia-clock/

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:57:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why is that stupid? I've seen many home built computers in metal cases.

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/2/computer_in_a_briefcase_1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Why is that stupid? I've seen many home built computers in metal cases.

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/2/computer_in_a_briefcase_1.jpg

Made some as well....but in the case of building a computer, in a normal computer case or something else, all one is doing is putting together remade parts.  Order a motherboard, processor, some ram, etc.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

So anything with a clock face looks like a bomb? Ever see real IED? Lots of them are connected to a cell phone. So any kid with a cellphone and modeling clay has a fake bomb? This as stupid as the dozens of other examples in the past decade or so. From tea bags and leafs being mistaken for weed, to clearly toy guns being called weapons.

And the police never thought he had a bomb and they still arrested him. That is the most retarded fucking thing. I guess it would be one thing if they really thought he had a bomb, but no one thought that. Not even the school.

If the school really thought there was a a bomb, the school would be EMPTIED. If the police thought it was real they wouldn't have touched it, they would have called a bomb squad. No evacuation.No bomb squad. They just chucked the thing around like it was harmless - because they knew it was. They went through the security theater of arresting him because - who the fuck knows. They might be idiots or racist idiots.
View Quote

Well, I agree that arresting him was stupid, but I guarantee the kid knew what he made looked like a "bomb" (or at least, what he thought a bomb looks like).
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Leaning toward SJW stunt on this one.
View Quote

ditto
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#28]

If the clock looked like a bomb:

Why wasn't the school evacuated?

Why wasn't the bomb squad called?

Why was the student left in the same room with it?

You need to ask yourself if this thing truly looked like a bomb or if this was just people harassing someone based on their race/religion... even if that was the intent behind it, they played right into his/his father's trap.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

No shit.  That kid was trolling.

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

9V is for battery back up so when your house loses power at 1am and comes back on at 1:07am while you are fast asleep, the time and alarm says set instead of you oversleeping and waking up to a blinking 12:00.   Also, in many alarm clocks with a 9V plugged in but loses AC, it will chirp every so often.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think his has one you can have.  Well, as soon as he gets it back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

You should go and ask for your money back on that 'education'.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#33]
If my son brings in an unloaded gun its about an effective weapon as a rock.

That said it is a tool and by its very function implies a purpose.

If the Texas kid removes the buzzer and attaches a blasting cap and some x explosive what do you have.

Lastly he could have made it look like a clock with an additional 10 minutes and some cardboard.

You lay that on the table and we all know what our first impression is.

He wanted attention and got it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Leaning toward SJW stunt on this one.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

The New York Daily News reported this Wednesday about Ahmed Mohamed’s father, Mohamed ElHassan Mohamed:

One of the earliest instances of the standout citizen making national news was in 2011, when he sensationally stood up to an anti-Islamic pastor and defended the Koran as its defense attorney. That mock trial at a Florida church ended with the book’s burning, to ElHassan’s claimed shock. In an interview with the Washington Post at the time, the devoted Muslim said he’d take on Rev. Terry Jones’ challenge because the holy book teaches that Muslims should engage in peaceful dialogue with Christians.

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of "Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous "Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against "Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was "tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

He finally has the cause he has been seeking for so long. School officials were being prudent, protecting the children. Irving, Texas has had its share of jihad and sharia. Two Muslim sisters, Amina and Sarah Said, were honor murdered by their father, execution-style, in Irving several years ago. He is still at large. And Irving, Texas is only half an hour from Garland, Texas – the site of a jihad shooting on a free speech event last May. And the news is regularly riddled with stories of young Muslims, all lovely, sweet achievers, who suddenly — go jihad.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/17/ahmed-mohamed-and-the-islamophobia-clock/
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If the Texas kid removes the buzzer and attaches a blasting cap and some x explosive what do you have.
View Quote

Bullshit argument. Where the fuck is he going to find those two things? You can't just add a bunch of other shit that doesn't exist. That could be anything.

A kid gets caught with "Catcher in the Rye" and people are like, "Well he has a book that a famous assassin had! All he needs now is a gun and bullets! See how dangerous he is?"

You guys are going out of your minds coming up with reasons to fuck with someone's civil liberties.

And just playing devils advocate, let's assume this was a plan to get attention. *slow clap* you goons played right into their hands.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If my son brings in an unloaded gun its about an effective weapon as a rock.

That said it is a tool and by its very function implies a purpose.

Lastly he could have made it look like a clock with an additional 10 minutes and some cardboard.

You lay that on the table and we all know what our first impression is.

He wanted attention and got it.
View Quote

At least the ATF would have fabricated something building a case against someone. Usually its the gun grabbers who will throw around the "what if" scenarios when their arguments get weak.

The kid built something stupid.

The ones reacting to the situation acted in a amazingly retarded manner.

They get zero sympathy from me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
His Science teacher told him not to fuck around with it in other classes. Don't plug it, don't open it, don't show it off.

Dumb ass kid did so anyways.

I'm not a PC Wizard or a EOD expert. Shit looks like a bomb to me.

Lastly, he didn't exactly cooperate with the SRO either and was a dumb ass.

This entire event is an example of stupid school enforcement policies and teenagers being teenagers.
View Quote

Teacher gave him good advice. My electronics teacher used to tell us the same thing when we were showing off our projects. And we used to show our stuff off anyways.

I can't count the number of times I put one of those 'cricket' chirping things in a classroom or fucked around with a kit built stroblight in class. I'd be in gitmo if I did that now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of you should have left your tin foil hats at home.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#40]
These bigoted liberal assholes get more sickening by the day with their targeted racial hate and unabashed hypocrisy.
Let a white Christian "teen" make a "gun clock shaped clock" facsimile and bring it to school and lets see how these religiously tolerant "anti-racists" react with their targeted hate. Remember the pop-tart expulsion?
Better yet, let one of the "wrong protected group based on race" (white) try getting into the CNN network hub or WH with a "Christian homemade box clock" and see how many of these same bigoted intolerant race-based religious haters really feel when its a person of the "wrong race" "wrong color" "wrong religion" "wrong ethnic group" "wrong political wing".
Yeah, these Globalist controlled media whores (modern "journalists") would like us to believe they are all so self righteous and inclusive...all while demonstrating their "anti-racism" (code for white hate) everyday with their "news" reporting...pfft. Fuck them. I BTW always like to turn their hypocrisy around on them...and they don't like that .

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of “Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous “Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against “Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was “tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

View Quote

So, who gets the first helping of CROW ??!!??

Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:24:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure why this matters.  Do you think this means that the school didn't over-react and wasn't wrong to arrest the kid?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Not sure why this matters.  Do you think this means that the school didn't over-react and wasn't wrong to arrest the kid?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also in 2011, ElHassan debated Robert Spencer on the questionf of "Does Islam Respect Human Rights?” Clearly, he was trying to score a victory against a famous "Islamophobe” and thus win a name for himself. ElHassan has been looking for publicity and chances to fight against "Islamophobia” for a considerable period. Now he has seized it, going so far as to claim his son was "tortured” by school and law enforcement officials.

So you're saying me going into the hood like John McLane and starting shit isn't an issue.

Sounds like Daddy Iman here wanted to hunt over a baited field. This screams SJW shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you're saying me going into the hood like John McLane and starting shit isn't an issue.

Sounds like Daddy Iman here wanted to hunt over a baited field. This screams SJW shit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are SJW's all over GD these days.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Why use quotes around the word teen? Are you saying he's older or younger?
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean like open carry activists?

Fuck your rights - you don't want to upset the sheep.

Not that there is ANY proof that is what happened in this case.

I also find it funny Christians here bemoaning getting picked on and having to defend themselves. And yet this guy is doing the same thing (discourse against some batshit insane people - not bombs) and he's demonized.

I just want some fucking consistency.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why use quotes around the word teen? Are you saying he's older or younger?
View Quote

For some people teen means child, for others it means young adult.   In most of the world a 14 year old is an adult.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better to keep looking like a SJW, than admit you got trolled and played the role of a useful idiot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#50]
http://streetcarnage.com/blog/a-little-kid-just-punked-the-president/
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top