Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Because I'm a realist. That money was never going to be spent to improve our country, or help us in any way.

Of all the things that are destroying our nation, Ukraine is way way way down near the bottom of the list.
View Quote

You keep using words like “us” and “our”. You clearly are not one of us. But keep trying to peddle your bullshit it makes the ukies hard and throb with anticipation.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]
As a child of the cold war I am good with russians getting smoked by US equipment.  I like it even better that no US forces are dying as well.

As an American, I hope the republicans got something good to go with Ukraine funding.  Like fixing the border or ending some gun control.

As a realist, I am sure they got nothing, not even lube when they took it up the ass again.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Not posted anywhere else on the inter webs ?   ??
View Quote

Yes it is..
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You keep using words like “us” and “our”. You clearly are not one of us. But keep trying to peddle your bullshit it makes the ukies hard and throb with anticipation.
View Quote

I consider someone who opposes deep state money laundering and larceny to be much more “us and our” than anyone who supports stealing from net productive Americans and future generations to fund foreign anything.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:28:13 AM EDT
[#5]
If Johnson can get strong changes to asylum law attached to the Ukraine $$$, it will be money well spent.

Let's see how badly the Ds "need" to keep this war going.  Make them pick.  

I am really loving the way Johnson is working.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They did and last I checked Democrats said nope and I can't find any MSM confirming OP's claim. Will check again tomorrow
View Quote
If the speaker folds on the border we'll get a new speaker again.

Ukraine getting funded and the border situation not getting some attention is a non starter.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I haven’t read any reports that Johnson has moved off his position that Ukraine aid has to be tied to our border/immigration funding and changes. Also, no reports that Democrats have moved off their position that that’s a non-starter for them.

Johnson has shown no willingness to blink on this. To the point in which it’s going to be difficult for him to continue the recently historical Republican tradition of caving to the Dems. But, never underestimate the Republicans’ cowardice.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Letters, emails, and phone calls worked.

Mike Johnson is the man. A God-fearing Trump Republican.
View Quote

On the topic of Ukraine, we disagree, as well as our place in it and the actions of politicians.

In bold red (), however, lies your sarcastic truth in which we agree. The US government does not represent it's citizenry, or the best interests of this nation, but merely that of self serving politicians.

I generally refrain from partaking in your threads, out of respect for you as a member here, and out of disinterest in pointless back and forth to pad your ego or pocketbook. Whichever be the case. I’ll continue to do so.

Sketti appears to be your solar opposite, so the meme “let them fight” comes to mind. You both have your work cut out for you.

Before I go, you used to have Bruce Willis as your avatar from Tears of The Sun. Am I remembering that correctly?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:02:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good. The longer the war drags on the, more uke trash and ruskie trash gets taken out.
View Quote

At the expense of financially running this country into the ground sounds like the way to go to me as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#10]
It's all so exhausting...
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We spent around 20 trillion fighting two different wars over two decades in the middle east.

A few billion to Ukraine is the least of our problems.
View Quote
Still isn't helping anything either.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Why wasn't this mentioned in the OP?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]
...Republicans.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Troll post, right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 7:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#16]
2024 will be different.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#17]
We should police Africa too while we are at it. Maybe we can bring some freedom to South America. Anyone else need my taxes?
Most of you would starve if Uncle Sugar disappeared.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#18]
But keep voting republican, right?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#19]
A question is simple as this needs to be asked.  

Why do so many of you that ra ra ra hate this so much to agree with the Democrats ?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Amazing how so many here will cheer our country being run to the ground for the sake of Ukraine.
View Quote

Well, they're not on our side to begin with...
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Amazing how so many here will cheer our country being run to the ground for the sake of Ukraine.
View Quote

Americans spent $12B on Halloween candy and inflatable yard crap this year.

Sending some cash to Ukraine to fuck up the Russians is childs play and it's better going to Ukraine than Israel.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck Ukraine!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because everything was perfect prior to that. Ukraine came along and ruined everything.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:00:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I super sure that that money couldn't be used across our police forces, rising national debt, or maybe our veterans. Shit even our wild life conservation couldn't use that money at all.
View Quote

Yes…more internal security for the state. Freedom intensifies.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sending some cash to Ukraine to fuck up the Russians is childs play and it's better going to Ukraine than Israel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except we are broke.

All spending involves printing money and debt. Which causes inflation. Which devalues all dollars.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah and bring God into it and Trump and goodness for goodness sake...pretty shameless...
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
trollololol
View Quote

and doing a fine job of it.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:23:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's all so tiresome.
View Quote

And confusing .  They spend w/ an overdrawn checkbook ,  conflict w/ Iran is possible and Chyna watches closely .   Russia eventually sells it's oil/ natgas to Chyna when the pipelines are completed ,   US money flows to Chyna and they use it to pay for Russian energy and Russia uses that money to fund a war in UKR .   Cash flow wise the US is the loser .
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:32:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Mikey be getting his 10% too.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#30]
The congressman from Tel Aviv versus the senators from Kiev.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Not just good, but GRRRRRRRRATE!

RU is a bully
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:45:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I think you mean authorize the creation of $60 billion more debt.  I think that is what you meant to say.
View Quote
Like it or not, we are at war
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

None of it should be cash, period. It should be tracked, cataloged, and managed aid that is overseen so as much as possible goes to stopping Russia..not filling anyone's pocket.

And neither should they be valuing surplus, boneyard M113s as a million each. Or ancient Atacms missiles.

View Quote

But it’s a writeoff.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#34]
We spent all this money to build this giant military machine designed to crush the Russians and the moment we have the opportunity to do so some of you all want to shirk out.

Fuck mang most of the shit we're sending is just sitting around collecting dust. Hell the entire budget for Ukraine so far is like 10% of our annual DoD budget.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Will they settle the budget over over the holidays?
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#36]
It’s all clown money at this point anyway.

We spent 4.6 Trillion dollars related to a disease that we aided China in studying and then “accidentally” release. We have spent countless trillions combating and countering the USSR and Russia. Over 50% of the US budget is devoted to entitlements.

60 billion to make Russia increase their military spending to 1/3 of their entire budget seems like chump change.

I’m doing my part. First year I’ve ever hit 100k in federal taxes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#37]
rino being a rino.

$60 billion will secure more yachts for Zelenskyy as well as enrich his other personal assets.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
rino being a rino.

$60 billion will secure more yachts for Zelenskyy as well as enrich his other personal assets.
View Quote

And perhaps kill a Russian or two.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:21:17 AM EDT
[#39]
They should be sending for approval a comprehensive boarder security and deportation bill weekly. I would make it perfectly clear we will not present or approve another dime of spending for anything until this bill is passed. It would also call for a complete audit of the DOJ, FBI and ATF.

And none that will happen.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:22:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We spent around 20 trillion fighting two different wars over two decades in the middle east.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And every penny of that was a total fucking waste of blood and treasure too.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#41]
“I helped!!”

-fadedsun
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#42]

this poster approves

as many here have stated -- we are possibly in the first portion of WW3

getting out defense establishment active is a necessary development
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Good. The longer the war drags on the, more uke trash and ruskie trash gets taken out.
View Quote

This is where I am at.  Neither side is good, both are from the same group of peoples.  I say let them decimate each other but I hate that we have to pay for it.

And this thread is rated troll.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#44]
LiTeRaLly RuSsIaN pRoPaGaNdA
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are a fool. Even if it was set on fire it wouldn't run us into the ground. But the truth is it helps the US bigly.

US GDP is 27,644B.

60B for a critical national goal is nothing.

We are spending a pittance to preserve the system that supports our economy and fight an enemy of freedom while defending an ally... and it doesn't cost us a drop of American blood.

We are the greatest country in the history of the world! We and our allies are worth fighting for against the forces of darkness: Russia, China, and Iran.

Fuck Putin!

USA! USA! USA!
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You are a fool. Even if it was set on fire it wouldn't run us into the ground. But the truth is it helps the US bigly.

US GDP is 27,644B.

60B for a critical national goal is nothing.

We are spending a pittance to preserve the system that supports our economy and fight an enemy of freedom while defending an ally... and it doesn't cost us a drop of American blood.

Fuck Putin!

USA! USA! USA!
View Quote
US National Debt is currently 33,879 B .  Or in percentage terms, roughly 123% of our GDP -- higher than at anytime in our history, and that includes the massive national debt at the end of World War II.

Your argument is similar to someone who is already behind on their loans deciding to max out another credit card on a vacation, because they want to and it won't really cost that much compared to their mortgage.

And for the record, it's not just $60 billion:  We've already spend $113 billion .  Adding that to the new request we get $173 billion, which means we are well on our way to replicating our trillion-dollar money flushes in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#48]
First, the numbers we have "sent" are bullshit because we have sent a lot of equipment that was paid for long ago, and is sitting around costing us maintenance/storage/disposal costs we no longer have to pay. But the VALUES for those billions are inflation adjusted off of what we originally paid!!! It is just silly.

Also, if you wnna pay down our debt, we need to have the working economic system based. 25% of the US economy is international trade based on the system we created which includes having people follow international rules such as you don't get to conquer your neighbor because you are bigger and meaner.

If that system falls, so does our economy. And eventually we'll start paying in blood.

60B to Ukraine is reshingling the roof on the factory so we can make money to pay our investements.

And it doesn't cost American blood.

Now if you are in the burn it all down crowd, by all means be as isolationist as you want.

But if you think the USA is the greatest country in the history of humanity and that we have built a system to support our greatness and that we are worth fighting for, then isolation is a deathknell.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#49]
FUCK No! No more money, let the EU pick up the tab.

We have bigger problems the RU/UKR. Spend the $60bil on border enforcement and deportations. I don't mean deporting the people who just came across the border. I'm talking the people in NYC, CHI, etc, especially the ones in "The Centers." These cities are having financial problems, use that as a carrot, throw them some money for every illegal, bs asylum seeker they load on a bus/train out of the Country.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#50]
It would save a lot of time and effort to just pile the money up on the capital mall and light it on fire.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top