Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 274
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The remaining staff can't get the fuck out of Gainesville fast enough. Napier has one fuck of a rebuild on his hands.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The remaining staff can't get the fuck out of Gainesville fast enough. Napier has one fuck of a rebuild on his hands.
View Quote

And yet we will still find a way to lose to yall next year.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That's BS. Some teams and players have a culture that goes that way, but some don't. Some teams have everybody show up for the bowl and play to win for pride. Again, not every team has that culture. But don't say only 4 teams are fully geared up to play.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are only 4 teams at this point that are guaranteed to show up physically and mentally ready to play. That’s not saying other teams won’t. I’d guess Army did. Highly doubtful they had any optouts, they were playing in the Armed Forces Bowl and I’d have to imagine they are pretty damn disciplined to begin with and don’t have players drinking and smoking weed all week.

That's BS. Some teams and players have a culture that goes that way, but some don't. Some teams have everybody show up for the bowl and play to win for pride. Again, not every team has that culture. But don't say only 4 teams are fully geared up to play.

You need to reread my post. Where did I say only 4? I said 4 GUARANTEED. Then I said others may.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Geez Florida how about at least show up and play UCF.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geez Florida how about at least show up and play UCF.
View Quote

Eh pretty sure they showed up.  Defense has looked way better than they have most of the season, playing younger guys that were benched in favor of senior guys playing.

Unfortunately Emory just isn’t that great of a QB, and the receivers haven’t been creating separation or making the big plays all year.  

To Emory’s credit he has made a couple throws that were catchable (maybe not perfect) but the plays weren’t made.  This is Florida this year, as shitty as it is.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The community college been getting away with dirty hits all night, and cuz the shit pac12(big10?) Refs never put an end to it; it finally resulted in a player getting taken off the field on a stretcher.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:48:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oklahoma and Texas didn’t move there for money alone. The powers to be at Texas wouldn’t join the SEC just to be a whipping boy for a few dollars. They joined because they wanted to be a part of the best conference in college football and because they also believe they can compete. The money is just a byproduct.
View Quote

Texas has always recruited well, the improvement for being in the SEC isn't going to change much. Results on the field matter. If they can't compete in the Big X(II), they aren't going to find success in the SEC. Texas used to aspire for conference championships. In the future they will aspire to 8 or 9 win seasons, and they're a few years away of approaching that. Being in the SEC isn't going to fix anything that's wrong with that program.

The weird thing is that the money isn't that great a factor. Texas was already the richest program in the game. Again, moving to SEC isn't going to improve things all that much for Texas.

I really don't see what they gain for a couple extra losses every year. Except this was the only way they could get games with A&M again. Pathetic losers miss the Aggies so much they followed them like sad little puppy dogs.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You need to reread my post. Where did I say only 4? I said 4 GUARANTEED. Then I said others may.
View Quote

I did reread, but I was too lazy to edit. I withdraw my comment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Oof
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Go Knights!
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, that’s two Nat’l championships for CCCF where Malzahn was involved.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:53:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, that’s two Nat’l championships for CCCF where Malzahn was involved.
View Quote

Good point.

I forgot to congratulate cccf on winning another national championship tonight!
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 11:56:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Texas has always recruited well, the improvement for being in the SEC isn't going to change much. Results on the field matter. If they can't compete in the Big X(II), they aren't going to find success in the SEC. Texas used to aspire for conference championships. In the future they will aspire to 8 or 9 win seasons, and they're a few years away of approaching that. Being in the SEC isn't going to fix anything that's wrong with that program.

The weird thing is that the money isn't that great a factor. Texas was already the richest program in the game. Again, moving to SEC isn't going to improve things all that much for Texas.

I really don't see what they gain for a couple extra losses every year. Except this was the only way they could get games with A&M again. Pathetic losers miss the Aggies so much they followed them like sad little puppy dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oklahoma and Texas didn’t move there for money alone. The powers to be at Texas wouldn’t join the SEC just to be a whipping boy for a few dollars. They joined because they wanted to be a part of the best conference in college football and because they also believe they can compete. The money is just a byproduct.

Texas only won 5 games

With 4 non conf I think they can maintain that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I did reread, but I was too lazy to edit. I withdraw my comment.
View Quote

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:10:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

You left out to also demand proof and to discredit all opposition, if all else fails.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You left out to also demand proof and to discredit all opposition, if all else fails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 12:24:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Soooo free vacation in Hawaii?
View All Quotes

Exactly
Saw a few posts on another board saying Hawaii screwed the Memphis players by waiting the day before to cancel.
LOL they did them a favor.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:00:33 AM EDT
[#20]

I hope every bowl game remaining is cancelled and woke espn loses a shit ton of money. Even better would be the super bowl getting cancelled
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:28:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I hope every bowl game remaining is cancelled and woke espn loses a shit ton of money. Even better would be the super bowl getting cancelled
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 2:56:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why wait?- Pull the Plug.

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 4:20:17 AM EDT
[#23]

LOL, the Rainbow Warriors avoid another loss.

Kinda like Mudchicken last year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#24]
NO GAMES TODAY
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#25]
So no college football today? Oof…..
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't think you see conference homerism anywhere else, at least not with the passion, that you see in the SEC.  Yeah, sure you've got a top team that is an NC contender almost every year but you still have the Vanderbilt, uSC, LSU, FL etc.
View Quote
The SEC is deeper than any other conference and has been for a good while. While the other conferences may or may not have one or two really good teams, after that they typically drop off fast.  The third, fourth, fifth best teams in the SEC are gonna be much better than the same teams from other conferences.  The NFL has drafted more players from the SEC than any other conference for the last decade and a half and they're not just drafting from Bama.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:07:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Honestly I do. I've been accused of being an SEC homer today but I'm far from it when it comes to wanting to see other conferences be successful. That's good for the game. And I'm all about wanting to watch good football. I'll defend the SEC when folks disparage them because they do have a great business model and many of the programs spend the money to make success possible. I'd be fine with seeing other conferences do the same.

View Quote
If teams like USC, Oregon, Miami, Michigan, etc would all get back to being consistent national powers that's be the best thing for parity for the entire sport.
Those other schools need to consistently challenge the SEC in recruiting the top talent.  That'd help level the field for everyone under the top tier.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The SEC is deeper than any other conference and has been for a good while. While the other conferences may or may not have one or two really good teams, after that they typically drop off fast.  The third, fourth, fifth best teams in the SEC are gonna be much better than the same teams from other conferences.  The NFL has drafted more players from the SEC than any other conference for the last decade and a half and they're not just drafting from Bama.
View Quote

2 of the 4 teams he listed, and implied are scrubs (lsu/uf), have each won more national championships in the modern era then the dominant team in the BigXII. They also have more (lsu) or are tied (uf) with the ACC, BigX, PacXII top teams; Clemson, Ohio State and USC.

Again, take aTm and Mizzou out of the equation, then 1/2 of the teams in the sec have played for a title in the modern era. And if uga somehow wins this year, then 1/2 of the teams will have won a title in the last 25 years. And no, I'm not hoping that happens.

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If teams like USC, Oregon, Miami, Michigan, etc would all get back to being consistent national powers that's be the best thing for parity for the entire sport.
Those other schools need to consistently challenge the SEC in recruiting the top talent.  That'd help level the field for everyone under the top tier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly I do. I've been accused of being an SEC homer today but I'm far from it when it comes to wanting to see other conferences be successful. That's good for the game. And I'm all about wanting to watch good football. I'll defend the SEC when folks disparage them because they do have a great business model and many of the programs spend the money to make success possible. I'd be fine with seeing other conferences do the same.

Exactly
If people are tired of the SEC SEC SEC bullshit just get friggin better. Someone in the Pac12 or Big12 needs to step up, make the playoffs consistently and win a NC. Take the domination away from the SEC. Until then quit bitching.

I’m excited to see 2 new teams in the playoffs this year. And honestly I don’t care who wins it all. It changes nothing in my life. Well as long as Michigan +7.5 hits.

Actually the best thing that could happen (if you’re a playoff expansion fan) would be for Cincy to win it all. The screams for expanding the playoffs would be epic.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Free hawaii trip for Memphis I suppose
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Exactly
If people are tired of the SEC SEC SEC bullshit just get friggin better. Someone in the Pac12 or Big12 needs to step up, make the playoffs consistently and win a NC. Take the domination away from the SEC. Until then quit bitching.

I’m excited to see 2 new teams in the playoffs this year. And honestly I don’t care who wins it all. It changes nothing in my life. Well as long as Michigan +7.5 hits.

Actually the best thing that could happen (if you’re a playoff expansion fan) would be for Cincy to win it all. The screams for expanding the playoffs would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello
View Quote

I vaguely remember The Pokes getting left out, but I do remember TCU getting screwed. Ironically the controversial team they picked (Ohio St.) over them went on to beat Bama and win as the 4th seed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I vaguely remember The Pokes getting left out, but I do remember TCU getting screwed. Ironically the controversial team they picked (Ohio St.) over them went on to beat Bama and win as the 4th seed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello

Honestly 11-1 TTU 2008 and 11-1 Kansas 2007, and 11-1 Mizzou 2007, etc etc would have all made a 8 or 16 team playoff
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello

And we should be watching them play each other this weekend in round 1 instead of a bunch of 7-5 vs 6-6 games.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Honestly 11-1 TTU 2008 and 11-1 Kansas 2007, and 11-1 Mizzou 2007, etc etc would have all made a 8 or 16 team playoff
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello

11-1 Kansas takes a minute to comprehend no matter how much coffee you’ve had.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

8, I'll take. Losing me at 16 though.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And we should be watching them play each other this weekend in round 1 instead of a bunch of 7-5 vs 6-6 games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello

Indeed.  But instead we get canceled hawaii bowls
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

11-1 Baylor
11-1 TCU
11-1 Okie State

All say hello

They went 12-1 with a BCS Orange bowl win in 2007

They shouldn't have fired biggun
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

16 will not leave out a 1 loss P5 team, 8 definitely will some years.  

1st round of top 16 games won't suck so get on board
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

8 won’t unless you do not win your division.

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the 11-1 3 way tie for Big 12 South in 2008?  

3 teams from one division, plus likely Bama + Florida and some others that year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:18:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

3 teams from one division, plus likely Bama + Florida and some others that year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win your conference

Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Win your conference

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win your conference

BCS ranking decided who got the opportunity for that Big 12 title against 9-3 Mizzou
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

BCS ranking decided who got the opportunity for that Big 12 title against 9-3 Mizzou
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win your conference

Don’t agree to such a crappy conference tie break system
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Didn't the Baylor coach get criticized for kicking a field goal against OU with like a second left and holding the lead?

He said it was because points scored go into consideration in the event of a conference tie, I believe.
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Win your conference

How do you break a 3 way 1 loss tie? Score differential, or let a committee decide which blue blood they want?

Winning your conference should get ya in.  10-2 Baylor,  whomever won the PaC and ACC too
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Didn't the Baylor coach get criticized for kicking a field goal against OU with like a second left and holding the lead?

He said it was because points scored go into consideration in the event of a conference tie, I believe.
View Quote

Yes, that's down the list of tie breakers but didn't matter when Okie State beat OU.  Also Big 12 is round Robin with a repeat game for championship vs 12 team with 2 divisions prior
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

How do you break a 3 way 1 loss tie? Score differential, or let a committee decide which blue blood they want?

Winning your conference should get ya in.  10-2 Baylor,  whomever won the PaC and ACC too
View Quote

Page / 274
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top