Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Copy that. I'm gonna make a new thread every day about anilingus, let me know when you get tired of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

you mean 2000 years? pretty sure thessolonians was written like 50 odd years after JC left town
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/GZHd6Sp-56.gif

I just have to put it out there...the idea of a "Rapture" is actually pretty new. For all of the previous 2000 years of church history, none of the church or church fathers thought it was going down "Left Behind" style. This is an idea that is less than 200 years old. And, uh...from what I've read on this topic, there is no Biblical support for it. Sure, you can interpret a couple of verses to support this position, but its reaching and the whole of scripture does not align with it, plus there are verses than run counter to it. So, uh...if you take a high view of Scripture, you have to reconcile all of that somehow...the only way to do so is taking the view the early church had, which is that there will be no Rapture of the church before the end of days.

you mean 2000 years? pretty sure thessolonians was written like 50 odd years after JC left town

I didn't know that John Darby and Cyrus Scofield were around back then.

The idea of "The Rapture" is almost entirely based on these two dudes, a little girl having a "vision", and the English translation of like two sentences in the Bible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'm betting if we had a different daily thread about the greatness of allah or scripture from the koran the response would be a lot different.
View Quote

Wow, that’s the same canned response leftists make whenever they see a Christmas display at town hall…
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
The dinosaurs didn't believe in The Velocirapture either, then the asteroid hit.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

It wouldn't break my heart if you didn't post at all .
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IME the Holy Spirit has been reaching out more aggressively recently.
View Quote

He has. June 3 2022 he made his presence known to me. He showed me what was lacking and since has shown me many more things. I'm not going to elaborate because it really doesn't matter to anyone but me. I now know, with 100% certainty, He exists. Prior to that date I spent the previous 25 years of my life in horrible pain and darkness. It was only when I let go and let God take over that my life has improved. My addiction to easing the pain any way I could fell away overnight. I now see more clearly then I ever have. Life, as it truly is meant to be, is only beginning.

Praise God
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#7]
FYI, Christians in the 1st Century, less than 60 years after the Resurrection, were convinced that they were living in the End Times, too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks OP for posting the videos.  I’m a believer in the rapture and will watch them both in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Most Christians worldwide are "amillennialist" (green below) and the rapture is just one thing that occurs at the end of the world, not a seperate event.  This was not even a word before the 1930s.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth. And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.
View Quote

I have been reading chatter about the Apophis thing for almost 2 decades and I concur with this. It was very briefly reported early on that it was confirmed to impact in 2029, but then it was later retracted and Nasa covered it up. This also would help to explain Elon's rushed timeline to get humans on Mars.

An asteroid-studying probe named OSIRUS-Rex is currently on course to land on Apophis to study its composition.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/perfectly-excited-canadian-scientists-await-first-look-at-bits-from-asteroid-bennu-1.6499447

ETA: the idea that the probe's interaction with Apophis could actually alter its orbit enough to increase the risk of collision is plausible.
ETA2: I think the rapture is bunk, BTW, and if it happens it will be via a great number of people dying. I wouldn't bet against the battle of Armageddon though, and (adjusts tinfoil hat) I think a certain group has been trying to fulfill prophecies for more than 50 years to provoke the second coming - because they want to take a potshot at God who they think is an interdimensional alien entity. Yeah, probably the same group that likes to fiddle with and reverse engineer alien tech.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:33:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Copy that. I'm gonna make a new thread every day about anilingus, let me know when you get tired of it.
View Quote

Dude, it is very easy to just scroll past a thread man.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 2:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Fab Five Freddy told me everybody's fly
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Not going to argue about the Rapture - but given the clown world we are currently living in, If God exists (which I believe)- I would not be surprised that we are due a decent sized meteor impact...
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:17:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not going to argue about the Rapture - but given the clown world we are currently living in, If God exists (which I believe)- I would not be surprised that we are due a decent sized meteor impact...
View Quote

Here's the thing tho... does that mean he set things in motion from the beginning of time knowing such a collision would happen at this time and place or did he intervene outside of his ordained laws of physics at a later time?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 3:41:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Here's the thing tho... does that mean he set things in motion from the beginning of time knowing such a collision would happen at this time and place or did he intervene outside of his ordained laws of physics at a later time?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter and is pointless for us to speculate. We do not have free will, we have a choice; to follow good or evil.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter and is pointless for us to speculate. We do not have free will, we have a choice; to follow good or evil.
View Quote

If we have no free will then our choices don't matter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#17]
We are kind of getting into stereotyping.  Individually, I believe we have free will.  But statistically we are pretty damn predictable.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

It matters to each soul. To where we end up. We can not help each other, only ourselves. We can't make people see, we can only point the way. It is up to the individual to see for themselves. To follow God or the devil. That's it.

ETA: The devil has many more forms then we realize. Our thoughts of the imagination and feelings are of the devil. A concept we have been conditioned to reject. Our religions are corrupted. Truth has been diluted by "logic".
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:40:45 AM EDT
[#20]
A large portion of Revelations is actually about the birth of Christ.  Dr. Michael Heiser (RIP) does a fantastic explanation on this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:42:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We are kind of getting into stereotyping.  Individually, I believe we have free will.  But statistically we are pretty damn predictable.  
View Quote

Covid proved that to be way more true then most here want to admit.

And why most people WILL get the ''mark'' if you believe it's true.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Now, NASA and other government entities say it won’t strike Earth.  It’ll be a “close miss”.  Um hmm.  Sure.  God seems to say otherwise.  Even if…somehow…it misses, asteroids drag all sorts of debris along with them, up to and including meteors.  This is expected in (trumpet blast please)…2029.  And…I’ve posted this before…while the government denies all this, even Nathan Myrvold, the founding Chief Technologist at the fledgling (at the time) Microsoft, says otherwise.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

This right here is actual, known, confirmed, physical proof of timing.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

I can foresee quite a lot of icky stuff hitting the proverbial fan, post-haste.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.
View Quote

Want to take some bets? You won't be needing it after all...
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Want to take some bets? You won't be needing it after all...
View Quote

It's unwise to mock things you don't understand.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have degrees in engineering and math, and I worked at NASA for 13 years, so let’s just say that I know some stuff about science.  

Please refresh yourself on Revelation 8:6.  A “great star falls from heaven”?  Really?  Sounds like at least a meteor, but from the destruction mentioned in that & the surrounding passages, I’m going to say asteroid.  A “great star” falling from heaven.  Yeah, Wormwood.  Only that would be, in my opinion, asteroid Apophis (the Greek god of chaos, and isn’t THAT interesting) which is going to strike the Earth in 2029.  Gee, doesn’t that seem awfully close to 2030?

Yes it does.

Anyone interested can google “Myrvold Neowise paper” and read what he says.  It’s highly technical, so I’ll break it down.  It IS going to strike Earth.  And things are going to get REALLY real at that time.  This would occur in 2029.  Since I’m a mathematician, I can confirm that this is the year before 2030, when our Lord and Savior (all blessings and honor and glory be unto Him) returns physically to Earth for the Battle of Armageddon.

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.  And, I’ll go out on a limb and guess sooner rather than later, because I think Israel will fulfill Trumpets in some way.  But I could be wrong.  Though, I’ll go further out on the limb and say that the Gog/Magog war will start THIS FALL, and no one will help Israel (which God tells us).  This last thing is confirmed because the US president, You-Know-Who, has not invited Netanyahu to the White House, nor had talks with him, as is usual.  Indeed, it was reported in the news today that Netanyahu is going to approach China as an ally.  This does not sound good at all.  Especially since we’re told that no one comes to Israel’s aid in this war.

Do we - the elect - HAVE to be gone by then?  I don’t think so, honestly, but nevertheless think that we will be.  KEEP YOUR EYES ON GOD FIRST, Y’ALL, AND ISRAEL SECOND.  And fasten your seatbelts.  Prophetic fulfillment awaits.
View Quote

I like St Paul who eschewed his own genius (which was well earned) in favor of only uttering exactly what the Holy Spirit
put in his heart.

If only I could be more like he was.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes it does.

View Quote

This sort of thing is why I have to tuck my pants into my boots.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

While I understand that, this OP has started these threads in GD daily. If there is a subforum where these would be better received then it makes sense he should post it there, not where we shitpost and leg-hump E-THOTs.

It's almost like me going to the BOTD thread and posting a new picture of Babe the pig every day and playing dumb when I get called out on it.
View Quote

People do post pictures of Babe the Pig in BOTD, daily....  You obviously haven't looked.  I did once and need eye bleach.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes it does.

View Quote

Few questions:

A: Why, exactly, is God going to smack Earth with a meteor in "2030" just after whisking away all his followers? Because we're all filthy sinners who deserve to die except for the righteous few of whatever flavor of Prottie you belong to?

B: why is Israel/Jews such a big deal in this equation? I get the Biblical aspect of it but, per Prottie belief, they're not going to be Raptured/saved or whatever and will be cast into hell to burn for all of eternity for being non-believers.  It's just this weird dichotomy I've never quite been able to figure out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Out of so many preposterous beliefs, how were you able to determine this was top of the heap?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I guess I am weird...I enjoyed the OP threads lately, I watched every one that he has posted. I would have never found these videos. do I agree that I cannot say. But I have found them very informative.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.
View Quote

Good luck and best wishes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hari Seldon, is that you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/GZHd6Sp-56.gif

I just have to put it out there...the idea of a "Rapture" is actually pretty new. For all of the previous 2000 years of church history, none of the church or church fathers thought it was going down "Left Behind" style. This is an idea that is less than 200 years old. And, uh...from what I've read on this topic, there is no Biblical support for it. Sure, you can interpret a couple of verses to support this position, but its reaching and the whole of scripture does not align with it, plus there are verses than run counter to it. So, uh...if you take a high view of Scripture, you have to reconcile all of that somehow...the only way to do so is taking the view the early church had, which is that there will be no Rapture of the church before the end of days.
View Quote

Before John closes the cannon of scripture in the book of Revelation , just before he says , Amen ,
He says, “Even so, Come Lord Jesus “

John knew our Lord was coming back , why, because Jesus told him he would and he knew he wouldn’t and couldn’t lie

Believe like John believed and you’ll see him too
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:44:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It'd really break my heart if this crap got posted in the religion subforum instead of GD.

View Quote

Well….that's not the way it works. You see GD is a place for the religiously insane to come and preach to a wider audience.  I used to have fun with them but no more but after a few account warnings due to aggressive site staff "protecting" them from normal GD banter .

In the staff's defense I'm sure that my tune ups are a result of the holier than thou crowd pinging them with the report button and crying like little babies.

I do wish there was an ignore button for threads vs. just individuals.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

While I understand that, this OP has started these threads in GD daily. If there is a subforum where these would be better received then it makes sense he should post it there, not where we shitpost and leg-hump E-THOTs.

It's almost like me going to the BOTD thread and posting a new picture of Babe the pig every day and playing dumb when I get called out on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GD is where pretty much everything goes unless it's very gun related and even then, it often ends up here. It's just the way it is for better or for worse.

Do you need a safe space where you won’t see thread titles that offend you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well….that's not the way it works. You see GD is a place for the religiously insane to come and preach to a wider audience.  I used to have fun with them but no more but after a few account warnings due to aggressive site staff "protecting" them from normal GD banter .

In the staff's defense I'm sure that my tune ups are a result of the holier than thou crowd pinging them with the report button and crying like little babies.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:51:45 AM EDT
[#37]
"No man knows the day" period, end of statement.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:53:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I do as well

I'm looking forward to seeing The Lord.
Then my Father, and Grandfather again.
View Quote

I don't think you'll know your people in heaven because if you did you would miss the ones that don't make it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:56:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Few questions:

A: Why, exactly, is God going to smack Earth with a meteor in "2030" just after whisking away all his followers?
View Quote

IKR

It's always funny with that group how they interpret natural events as the hand of whatever deity. Really? Something allegedly omnipotent that could just make things disappear still relies on bronze age drama to exact its wrath. LOL.

What's funnier is when a deity sends a tornado to a forest to kill rabbits ............ on the other hand was it just practicing or did it miss?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:57:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wishes for an ignore button for religion threads.  Posts in a religion thread instead of just ignoring it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:58:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If the same person was posting a new thread about Toyota Tacomas every day I would be very concerned.
View Quote
With all due respect, you sound like you need to give the internet a break.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did that thinking it would be good conversation but got the thread locked because I didn’t follow that particular section’s rules. I didn’t know they had rules different than gd.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#43]
It's after 7/26 and you're still here, what gives?
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:03:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wishes for an ignore button for religion threads.  Posts in a religion thread instead of just ignoring it.
View Quote

You see that's the issue….I don't want to even see this BS in GD….it degrades the entire experience because it appears that these threads and the ones that post in them are part of the ARF protected class.  

So yeah, I don't want to even see this drivel pop up.  This crap should be treated exactly like the Covid shit was….immediately moved to the appropriate forum.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

^  True story.  It's been around since the N.T. was written.  What confuses people is that it's not taught by the RCC and many early churches were persecuted and their writings destroyed by the RCC.  It kind of makes you wonder.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:06:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
FYI, Christians in the 1st Century, less than 60 years after the Resurrection, were convinced that they were living in the End Times, too.
View Quote
We can see things through a clearer lens today.

I wonder if I have more faith in God today than the people who walked the earth when Jesus did.

Thank you, Lord God, for your Holy Word.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

what i'm taking away from this is that i don't need to worry about my saturated fat intake.
View Quote

Unless God doesn’t like fatties…

Everything can end at any time. Like your mom said, “always wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident…”.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#48]
While most people get hung up on the word Rapture, Many followers don't wield the word as a "great for me , sucks for you" tactic and a true follower knows you can't force or coerce someone into being a believer. The driving force is just to alert people that like all auctions eventually close, cashiers stop selling tickets for the lottery right before the drawing, HR stops accepting job applications for a position, eventually there will be a cut off point. In a Galilean wedding the doors were eventually closed by the Father of the Groom and no more guests were admitted (even in the secular world this is why many get irked when people are late for a meeting - a built in defense mechanism)

For the past 100 years this planet has perfected global communication, global navigation and many counties are unified under like minded thinking.

Nobody knows the exact time but we do live in an age where a satellite can broadcast a message for many to hear.

Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Gowing up a Methodist, I was taught believing in the rapture was akin to handling snakes, talking in tongues, and marrying your cousin.
View Quote

Me too, but, the Methodists have proven themselves to be pretty weak on the whole Christianity thing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:10:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thus, we can expect to be going home SOON.  I’m saying, this calendar year.
View Quote

@HDLS
I got $100 that says you're wrong. You in? Who's gonna hold the money?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top