Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife is the hound nanny. I am the head poop scooper and turd remover.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Can you send a person to obedience school to obey your commands? Can you lock a person in a kennel? It's about the ability to control another being.
View Quote
Yes.

My parents sent me to CCD as part of my religious education and to become confirmed as a Catholic.  This is also known as "Sunday school", because it happens every Sunday.   Much of the lessons that were taught were exactly about obeying God, the nuns and the priests and my parents.  In fact, children should obey commands from various entities and people, was basically the entire message for the entire time I was there.

My mother sent me to my room and told me that I was not allowed to come out until she said so, all the time.  It was called "being sent to your room" when I did something wrong.  The door wasn't actually locked but me leaving just resulted in a longer "sentence" back inside my room.  

Most of what parents do in raising their human children, is control them and control their behavior.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
COC ~ thread ban
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think this is a sign of absolute insanity, more life absolute inanity.  I think people that equate pets with children have never actually had children, and are (more than likely) about 5 degrees off the normal axis.  There's something missing in their lives and they're trying to fill that hole.

That said, when I get home from work I do call out to the cats with, "Hey kids, I'm home!"  That doesn't mean that they're not just pets though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Saying it's "about control" is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.

If you've ever actually seen someone who's dog was treated like family, you would understand that it's a completely different dynamic from how most people treat a regular "pet". In some cases, it really is a loving, caring relationship that closely resembles a good parent/child relationship.

I guess it's just something you have to see to truly understand.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a great level of narcissism in people say this. These people enjoy controlling their pets and are pissed they can't control people.
I disagree.  That might be true for some, but another perfectly valid reason for it is that dogs for example are extremely loyal and next to never desert an owner who cares about them.  Egro, people who have been royally fucked over by humans sometimes view animals as the only trustworthy companion.

I can see their logic and don't blame them.

If you've ever actually seen someone who's dog was treated like family, you would understand that it's a completely different dynamic from how most people treat a regular "pet". In some cases, it really is a loving, caring relationship that closely resembles a good parent/child relationship.

Oh it resemebles a good parent/child relationship?

Can the dog go to the Dr with you? Can the dog cut your grass when you break a leg? Can a dog plan ahead for things?

As parents age, children can become caretakers.

A dog cannot. Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
You are not my mother ?? #shorts

Sincerely from a Dog Daddy with 3 adorably cute fur babies!  
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this apply to people who adopt children also? They didn’t give birth either.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:56:26 PM EDT
[#8]
A Christmas gift I got.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
We have two canines, one of which I never fully consented to.  I hate the dog.  If I really wanted to, I could put a bullet in it and be done.  No one would ask any questions beyond, "What happened to XYZ?"

If I had a kid I couldn't stand, I could not do the same.  (Would never condone such actions either).

Dogs do not equal people.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My dogs knee reconstruction in May cost 5700.00

For a 4 year old rescue that costs 250.00

I’m not sure who won the total cost award for 2023. Him or my 3 kids…..
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We have two canines, one of which I never fully consented to.  I hate the dog.  If I really wanted to, I could put a bullet in it and be done.  No one would ask any questions beyond, "What happened to XYZ?"

If I had a kid I couldn't stand, I could not do the same.  (Would never condone such actions either).

Dogs do not equal people.
View Quote

What if the kid shit on the floor?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Who rescued who?

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never heard of military school, huh?

Ever been grounded as a kid?

YOU may be into controlling your pets, but that’s no reason to project your behavior onto others. That's what Liberals do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you send a person to obedience school to obey your commands? Can you lock a person in a kennel? It's about the ability to control another being.

Never heard of military school, huh?

Ever been grounded as a kid?

YOU may be into controlling your pets, but that’s no reason to project your behavior onto others. That's what Liberals do.

Both military school and grounding are forms of control.  When kids begin to grow out of the control of anxious narcissistic parents, they get a "fur baby".  Same with some narcissistic childless adults.  Can't control their kids or partner, get a "fur baby" because they are dependent and forced to stay.  

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's just another sign of the West's abandonment of Judeo-Christian principles.  

Humans and animals are not synonymous; animals deserve respect, but aren't human, nor do they truly have human qualities, they just mimic some of them at times.

Man having dominion over creation isn't what most believe.  Its all Mother Earth and we're the problem and animals are better than people, etc etc etc

The moral outrage many have when someone kicks a dog and yet abortion doesn't move their needle tells you all you need to know about the depravity of our popular culture.

View Quote

this

And also,  If you let your dogs out to free roam and they are not only on your property, F you, and also, you have fleas.  You don't think you do but...... you have fleas.  If you let them on the furniture..guess what....it smells like dog and you have fleas.

You have a beast that has bitten someone or a beast that has not bitten anyone yet.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Both military school and grounding are forms of control.  When kids begin to grow out of the control of anxious narcissistic parents, they get a "fur baby".  Same with some narcissistic childless adults.  Can't control their kids or partner, get a "fur baby" because they are dependent and forced to stay.  

View Quote

My dog doesn’t listen to shit. The way god intended.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#16]
LOL... OP needs some meds.  

But, to play in this little dumpster fire of stupidity........

This is BB, we took him in before a neighboring town killed him as he was a pet illegally there.  I don't refer to him as a scaly baby or anything like that.  He is my heat seeking lethal injection machine.  Yes, I care about him a lot.  More than most people.  Why?  Because he's not some whiny Gen whatever that gets triggered because someone has a cute name for their animals that they like.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Im striving to be a "dink" currently.. I have about 3 years till im off the child support lol
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just throwing this out there, but if you adopt a human child, are you not their parent? Or do you own the child?
View Quote

Well at least one here you can not adopt nor be a stepparent and raise the child and be called a dad or mom
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:55:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you a cat dad?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just throwing this out there, but if you adopt a human child, are you not their parent? Or do you own the child?
View Quote

I mean, you have to pay money to adopt, right? (I really don't know) Kid is bought and paid for, they're your property.

Kidding, I'm just kidding.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty minor thing to get worked up over.
View Quote

Well it is GD after all.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
100%. And the people that take their animals in stores and restaurants. I dont want to be around you, much less your filthy pet.
View Quote

Agree 100% leave your pets at home. My dog is not filty btw
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 5:58:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sorry my scale baby ate your fur baby.
View Quote

You have a Komodo Dragon?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#25]
What if you adopt a kid? Can you be called dad/mom even though you didnt birth them or get a chick pregnant?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL... OP needs some meds.  

But, to play in this little dumpster fire of stupidity........

This is BB, we took him in before a neighboring town killed him as he was a pet illegally there.  I don't refer to him as a scaly baby or anything like that.  He is my heat seeking lethal injection machine.  Yes, I care about him a lot.  More than most people.  Why?  Because he's not some whiny Gen whatever that gets triggered because someone has a cute name for their animals that they like.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/224/318750419_886500955858012_23031099095419-3079713.JPG
View Quote

It’s a fucking snake.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Augie Doggy and Doggy Daddy
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Of all the shit to get spun up over .  People have it pretty good to get annoyed by this sort of dumb shit..
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Idiotic.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Disney land is $5k?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I love my fur babies.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#33]
The OP missed "Fur Babies" and dog people are weird because they're all guilty of calling themselves "pet parents", "dog mom", "dog dad" and referring to their pets as, "fur babies" and "kids" or "children". Dog people in general are weird.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]
They aren't parents.  They're caretakers of animals.  If they feel an emotional attachment, it doesn't justify living in lunacy.  

It's an animal.  It's not human.  Pretty simple.

My cat no habla ingles.  I don't pretend she does.  She has no opposable thumbs and doesn't wear clothes.  She also eats roaches.

If your human child does this then please take them to several doctors.

Fur babies is a term that could drive certain people to unjustified homicide.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The phrases of “pet parent” or “dog mom” are for the mentally ill. You didn’t give birth to a dog and you didn’t get a dog pregnant. You own a pet, that’s it. Pet owner.

Let me know when you drop $5,000 taking your dog to Disneyland.
View Quote

Sounds like my dogs are smarter than you or you kids if you go/take them to Disneyland.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:05:08 PM EDT
[#36]
GD has a lot of emotions.

Who gives a shit if some rando person calls themselves a "dogmom", just use it as a filtering tool on who you allow in your life.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Same shit as the fat lazy bitches claiming stay at home mom when their kids are in school all day.

Bored and/or losers.

Let’s throw in people with service dogs without physical complications too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Hell most parents aren't worthy of the title parents.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#40]
OP is correct.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The phrases of “pet parent” or “dog mom” are for the mentally ill. You didn’t give birth to a dog and you didn’t get a dog pregnant. You own a pet, that’s it. Pet owner.

View Quote

Friend of mine (childless) recently dropped $10k on back surgery for his 15 year old dog.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Double tap.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:11:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:Let me know when you drop $5,000 taking your dog to Disneyland.
View Quote
Not worse than the fatherless homes or the homes that warehouse their kids with strangers most of their waking hours.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#44]
My dogs are simply my best friends.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#45]
My dad hates those people. Especially since he moved into an upscale HOA neighborhood after retirement.

Fast forward to this last Thanksgiving/Christmas..  I find out he set up webcams all over his home and was always checking his cams for a a cat sighting (his pet).   So I call his cat his fur baby now and it absolutely enrages him.  I find is amusing.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:35:52 AM EDT
[#46]
The people who take that seriously are mentally ill. That applies both to the people who say it, and those who get bent out of shape hearing it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The people who take that seriously are mentally ill. That applies both to the people who say it, and those who get bent out of shape hearing it.
View Quote

You don't have any kittens?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#48]
The same people that call themselves “dog mom” love to claim they don’t want children… they are just too stupid and narcissistic to realize they actually do.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:53:56 AM EDT
[#49]
I'm surprised this isn't up to 20 pages of outrage again, like the last time we did this topic.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The same people that call themselves “dog mom” love to claim they don’t want children… they are just too stupid and narcissistic to realize they actually do.
View Quote

The only people I know that do that have already  had kids and their kids are actively encouraging it.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top