Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have quite a bit of respect for Jimmy Carter, even though he was a lousy PotUS, he is the last of the non-communist PotUS. If you folks read further, he is the only PotUS to not have an affair while in office, he was 100% loyal to Roslynn.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Losing his mate of 7 generations, he probably feels like it too. He said his most proud accomplishment was landing her as his wife, losing her has probably been the hardest thing he has had to deal with.
View Quote

I would not be surprised to hear Jimmy passing soon. Her passing must be hard on his body and mind. I could not imagine being together with someone that long.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
My name is Jimmy Carter
I always tell the truth
Every time I tell a lie
I grow another tooth
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah he looks to be moments away.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like one of the liquidators after Chornobyl.
View Quote

Didn't Jimmy climb into an active reactor at some point?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

On December 12, 1952, an accident with the experimental NRX reactor at Atomic Energy of Canada's Chalk River Laboratories caused a partial meltdown, resulting in millions of liters of radioactive water flooding the reactor building's basement. This left the reactor's core ruined.[31] Carter was ordered to Chalk River to lead a U.S. maintenance crew that joined other American and Canadian service personnel to assist in the shutdown of the reactor.[32] The painstaking process required each team member to don protective gear and be lowered individually into the reactor for 90 seconds at a time, limiting their exposure to radioactivity while they disassembled the crippled reactor. When Carter was lowered in, his job was simply to turn a single screw.[33] During and after his presidency, Carter said that his experience at Chalk River had shaped his views on atomic energy and led him to cease development of a neutron bomb

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hate his politics and things he did to this Country.

That is in the past.

We will all be in his shoes one day, some better, some worse.

I wish him no ill.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#8]
He was a horrible President, but an all around good person AFAIK.

That is a LONG time to be married, I am sorry for his loss.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
We are still reeling from Carter era policies that set the stage for destroying this country.

His Community Reinvestment Act set the stage for the 2008 credit collapse.  

And for those thinking that "he was a good guy", read up on the Carter loans investigation and his relationship with Bert Lance.

Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

He's probably one of the most openly religious and Christian presidents we've had in the past century.

(And actually got mocked in the press for that, if you can imagine a time back when the press would do that against a Dem.)

Never agreed with him politically, but Carter is as much a deep state outsider as Trump, and his treatment
shows it. I don't doubt that his faith was legitimate, or that he wanted what was best for the US in his time,
unlike current members of his party -- it's just that his politics were ill-informed and misguided, and like many
he was an unwitting puppet of the deep state.
View Quote

Quoted:
You sure that ain't Jerry Jones?

Also...Jimmy Carter may have not been a good president, but he is a good person.
View Quote

I agree. He wasn’t a good president but I believe he loved America. Just made bad decisions.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Also...Jimmy Carter may have not been a good president, but he is a good person.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Rosalynn Carter was the first First Lady to sleep in the same bed as the President.

So, there's that.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#14]
My problem with Jimmy, is that he was a "bible believing man" supposedly, but he stayed in, and never said a word against a party that revels in the death of unborn children.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#15]
He looks like a typical member of the United States Senate.

God bless his soul ...   and prehaps may God spare America from the worst possible fate ...
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:57:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks like Joe Biden
View Quote

When I first clicked on the thread, that's who I thought it was.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I thought he was already dead ???????
View Quote

So did I!  Is this a Mandella effect? Could have sworn he died last year or early this year
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dude looks like he’s had the life sucked out of him
View Quote

Isn’t he 99?

I think the only thing keeping him going was his love for his wife. They were married for 77 years. He was a poor president but a good man. I don’t think we can say the same for some other presidents.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
He was a terrible president but seems to be a great man.

I wish him a pain free transition into eternity and hope he doesn’t suffer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#20]
News story the other day showed video of him and his wife at an event.  They were both in wheelchairs and looked tiny, barely could recognize them.  Getting old sucks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Whatever.  Got no well wishes for him.  Die already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's really shocking to you a recently taken photo by one photographer (likey published on one website) less than a week ago isn't some archived widespread photo readily available on your search?

Like a conspiracy?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Creepy. A google image search of that pic returns nothing. Almost like it is a vanishing mist..........................

It's really shocking to you a recently taken photo by one photographer (likey published on one website) less than a week ago isn't some archived widespread photo readily available on your search?

Like a conspiracy?

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Who remembers that football player that got hurt and everyone said “hey GD let’s be classy”

Didn’t work
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks like Captain Pike.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#25]
No pictures of Amy? Only Presidential child uglier than Chelsea IMO.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:42:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who remembers that football player that got hurt and everyone said “hey GD let’s be classy”

Didn’t work
View Quote

In all honesty, the left invented disrespect.

Remember how they wanted to throw Barron Trump in a cage with child molesters? Remember President Jimmy Carter disrespecting America with his "national malaise" speech?  

What goes around comes around.

RIP soon peanut farmer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:46:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I have quite a bit of respect for Jimmy Carter, even though he was a lousy PotUS, he is the last of the non-communist PotUS. If you folks read further, he is the only PotUS to not have an affair while in office, he was 100% loyal to Roslynn.
View Quote
Whom did these guys bang?
- Ronald Reagan
- Georgie Bush, Sr
- Georgie Bush, Jr
- Donald Trump
- Joe Biden

Enlighten us.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Lots of recent info out there indicating that his “good guy” and “Everyman” schtick was a sham. Carter was not only a horrible president but likely just as much of an asshole as any of them. Oh and Habitat for Humanity is just as corrupt and shitty as most huge charities.

So anyway, no sympathy from me.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Life is a vapor.

James 4:13-16
[13] Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—[14] yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. [15] Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” [16] As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/2153/IMG_6121_jpeg-3043157.JPG
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Would think a Carter house was one you lost when the interest rates and inflation was skyrocketing.
View Quote
Does 21% interest sound familiar?
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:53:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lots of recent info out there indicating that his “good guy” and “Everyman” schtick was a sham. Carter was not only a horrible president but likely just as much of an asshole as any of them. Oh and Habitat for Humanity is just as corrupt and shitty as most huge charities.

So anyway, no sympathy from me.
View Quote

At the end of his presidential term, Carter was reviled by America. Most here were not around in the early 80's to witness it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Hate his policies and his Party, but God Bless that man.  May he experience comfort from the Spirit and a peaceful closure to his time here.  And may he be reunited with his wife soon.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I think it was reported he has been in hospice since Feb. The man is certainly hanging on.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

At the end of his presidential term, Carter was reviled by America. Most here were not around in the early 80's to witness it.
View Quote

Indeed
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Set your thermostats to 65 and wear a sweater. That was is answer to the 70's energy crisis. Oh and never mind high inflation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Jesus, he looks like mason verger
View Quote

That's a good call.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Remember that some years ago he was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma.  That is a very bad prognosus but he seems to have been treated successfully.  

I didn't care for his politics but he seems to be, generally, a good guy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I lived through the Carter years. He was wrong on virtually everything, but I never thought he was evil corrupt and anti American as I do Biden. I saw him as terrible president but a decent human being unlike what we have now.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:19:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

being married for 77 years is bad ass. Sounds like a man with strong values, based on that. wouldn't be surprised if he pushed back on some hawkish intelligence agencies BS and they created some of the stigma about being him being weak.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks like he witnessed the opening of The Ark of The Covenant in ROTLA.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FJC

I don’t suddenly feel sorry for a pos because he was lucky enough to grow old.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jesus, he looks like mason verger
View Quote

The gaping mouth makes him look like Joe Biden
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Set your thermostats to 65 and wear a sweater. That was is answer to the 70's energy crisis. Oh and never mind high inflation.
View Quote

Plus DLST all year.
But that was 1974 under Nixon.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2022/03/15/the-us-tried-permanent-daylight-saving-time-in-the-70s-people-hated-it/
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Totally agree.

Like we lost humanity.

And it's all about 4chan /b let it burn/I hate everyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The political divide is too wide now to have empathy, it seems.

Totally agree.

Like we lost humanity.

And it's all about 4chan /b let it burn/I hate everyone.

Why on God's green earth would you have any empathy for anyone that supports a system of government that would put you and your loved ones in a political reeducation/concentration camp and see you dead if they could get away with it today.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Like Lo Pan, he just needs a green eyed Chinese girl.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:47:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
We are still reeling from Carter era policies that set the stage for destroying this country.

His Community Reinvestment Act set the stage for the 2008 credit collapse.  

And for those thinking that "he was a good guy", read up on the Carter loans investigation and his relationship with Bert Lance.

Fuck that guy.
View Quote

There is a lot more to add to your list.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I say we elect him to a second term just for the chaos.
View Quote

A reasonable suggestion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Can't stand the man, but I've been at death's doorstep a few times and likely didn't look much better. May God grant him peace and end his suffering and reunite him with his wife.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Isn’t that Biden?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top