Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 7:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
The Tunnel detective miniseries is very well written and acted.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any idea if they’re going to bring The Sapranos, The Wire, and Justified back as freebies? Those series’ are part of the reason that I got Prime to begin with.
View Quote

The Sopranos and The Wire probably won't be back because HBO launched its own streaming service.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The Sopranos and The Wire probably won't be back because HBO launched its own streaming service.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any idea if they’re going to bring The Sapranos, The Wire, and Justified back as freebies? Those series’ are part of the reason that I got Prime to begin with.

And Justified is on Hulu since F/X does all their shows with them. See my Hulu thread
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Copy. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 1:15:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Two weeks until the most entertaining Amazon original show is back.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/The-Boys-Season-2--OFFICIAL-THREAD-/5-2342794/

Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Marine Recon.

4 part documentary following Alpha Company, 3rd Recon Battalion from pre-deployment training through their 8 month tour in Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 6:34:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Going to be watching this one shortly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuEur0ZbEt8
View Quote

That's like Dixie Mafia shit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
1984 (the one with John Hurt) is on Amazon.

great flick, and i just finished the book. this film is an excellent adaptation of the original literature.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Search from page 10 to 20

Watched Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
10 x 10 was pretty good, interesting plot twist toward the end.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A buddy recommended this series after talking about how much I liked Bodyguard.  The same guy who did that made this series, Line Of Duty, and it's just terrific.

If you put it side by side with some of our procedural dramas, I think the Brits do a much better job with them than we do.

Amazon has the first four series with series 5 just shown on BBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53V-eVvWLoM
View Quote

I started watching this, into the second season.   It's pretty good.  More talking, less action, then US procedurals.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I started watching this, into the second season.   It's pretty good.  More talking, less action, then US procedurals.
View Quote

Hang in there because Season 3 is the best.

Superb writing for a TV series.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 1:09:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern is a a blast if you remember your Hamlet.

Oldman and Roth are brilliant as the feckless "friends" of Hamlet who get drawn in the rottenness in Denmark, much to their complete confusion.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Search from page 10 to 20

Watched Remo Williams - The Adventure Begins

View Quote

Hell yeah. A masterpiece!  Thx.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Started watching Billions. I'm 3-4 episodes in
Decent stock trader versus SEC , kinda like wolf of wall street
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Just watched Time Trap and really enjoyed it. Some of the acting and dialogue is iffy at times, but the story and concept make up for it. Basic premise is some archeology students go looking for their missing professor in a cave, and weird things start happening. First two acts things happen slowly, and then the third act just escalates from 0-100 out of nowhere.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just watched Time Trap and really enjoyed it. Some of the acting and dialogue is iffy at times, but the story and concept make up for it. Basic premise is some archeology students go looking for their missing professor in a cave, and weird things start happening. First two acts things happen slowly, and then the third act just escalates from 0-100 out of nowhere.
View Quote
If you like time travel(and who doesn't?) check out Timecrimes.

Link Posted: 9/13/2020 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#24]
If you like westerns based on historical figures give Hell on the Border a watch.  Features Bass Reeves a black US Marshal for Judge Parkers court at Ft. Smith.  Reeves was a real historical figure and respected US Marshal in the Oklahoma territory. Good flick based on a respected lawman of his time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw you post this in both threads and thought you had made a mistake in one, but this movie is in both Netflix and Prime.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I saw you post this in both threads and thought you had made a mistake in one, but this movie is in both Netflix and Prime.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I definitely did make a mistake .

I meant to post it in the Netflix thread, and forgot to delete this one. But seems to have worked out anyway.

Fun movie though, worth a watch
Link Posted: 9/13/2020 10:26:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I meant to post it in the Netflix thread, and forgot to delete this one. But seems to have worked out anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Started Watching today.  So far I like it.
It's not on Prime on Amazon, so I went to Netflix.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Desert_AIP

What did you think? I was really glad to stumble across it, I like archeological horror movies like As Above So Below and The Pyramid, where old legends and myths are presented as real things and done seriously.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
@Desert_AIP

What did you think? I was really glad to stumble across it, I like archeological horror movies like As Above So Below and The Pyramid, where old legends and myths are presented as real things and done seriously.
View Quote

I liked it.
Kind of an interesting plot device.
The kids were a bit annoying, but that's normal for me.

Link Posted: 9/15/2020 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Just started watching "Tin Star."  Much better than I expected.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just started watching "Tin Star."  Much better than I expected.
View Quote

I enjoyed it.  Wife opted out after a few episodes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Legion is the best freaking movie I've seen in a loooooooong time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Watched Roger Corman's A Bucket of Blood yesterday on The Film Detective. It's on Prime. Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seriously? That one with the angels in the dinner that has a 5.2/10 IMDB score and 31% Rotten Tomatoes score?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Seriously? That one with the angels in the dinner that has a 5.2/10 IMDB score and 31% Rotten Tomatoes score?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, that one!
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Wtf have they done to The Boys S2 ?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am dissapoint.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#41]
After watching The Flying Guillotine I was hesitant about pulling up The Flying Guillotine 2.

TFG1, kind of meh. Simple plot with the weapon driving the story.

TFG2, an excellent movie in every way. Great story with excellent directing, camera work, editing, and acting.

TFG1 was worth the watch to gain an understanding of the King Fu flying guillotine superweapon history, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#42]
What's being pushed by the Prime Video homepage banner now looks like a real winner:

ALL IN: THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY examines the issue of voter suppression in the US. The film interweaves personal experiences with activism and historical insight to expose a problem that has corrupted our country from the beginning. With the expertise of Stacey Abrams, the film offers an insider's look into the barriers to voting.
DirectorsLiz Garbus, Lisa Cortes
StarringStacey Abrams, Ari Berman, David Pepper
GenresDrama, Documentary

Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Gemini Man was OK.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 3:50:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gemini Man was OK.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Gemini Man was OK.
View Quote

Wasn't all that impressed.  5 at most.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemini Man was OK.

Yes, OK, not Great.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:18:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yes, OK, not Great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gemini Man was OK.

Yes, OK, not Great.

Well, I thought it was much better than some of the youtube reviews that I watched when it was first in theaters.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well, I thought it was much better than some of the youtube reviews that I watched when it was first in theaters.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#49]

I didn't realize that prior to watching it last weekend.  It was not very good...
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I enjoyed The Bureau but only the first season is on Prime.
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top