Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifles.

Maybe next they could build a Ruby Ridge Comemrative FBI Sniper Rifle and have LH autograph a few of them. Maybe include some accessories like a few "Minute Of Lady Holding A Baby" sighting in targets to get that scope dialed in just right.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you be mad if they shot the wife of a jihadistWho was selling guns to be used against American soldiers instead of the wife of a white supremacist who thought he sold a gun to a terrorist?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it funny that you all boycott Troy but can't wait for Norinco's and Russian guns.  

Strange world

Neither China nor Russia killed Vicki Weaver.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Would you be mad if they shot the wife of a jihadistWho was selling guns to be used against American soldiers instead of the wife of a white supremacist who thought he sold a gun to a terrorist?

Nice try, but no amount of spin makes that a good shoot. I don't care if that baby was a fucking serpentor of evil being spawned by the Weaver's to take over the world and Vicki was the mastermind of it all.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yup horuichi missed and shot weaver who was standing on the other side of an open door as Harris was trying to run inside the cabin
View Quote

Or so he says... Horuichi was a dirt bag to start with and only went down hill from there.

Fuck you "Troy" and all your friends at HS Precision. May you both be on the receiving end of the shit storm that is the BATEFE some day.

Why ARFCOM doesn't had you and your type a "banned for life" award, I'll never know.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#6]
All of the hate is stupid as hell.  I like Troy, run their products and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:51:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My Ruby Ridge trivia is a bit rusty, but didn't they always contend that they were shooting at Kevin Harris and accidentally hit her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I find it funny that you all boycott Troy but can't wait for Norinco's and Russian guns.  

Strange world

Nice try, but no amount of spin makes that a good shoot. I don't care if that baby was a fucking serpentor of evil being spawned by the Weaver's to take over the world and Vicki was the mastermind of it all.

My Ruby Ridge trivia is a bit rusty, but didn't they always contend that they were shooting at Kevin Harris and accidentally hit her?

Weren't they operating under illegal rules of engagement?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:12:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Or so he says... Horuichi was a dirt bag to start with and only went down hill from there.

Fuck you "Troy" and all your friends at HS Precision. May you both be on the receiving end of the shit storm that is the BATEFE some day.

Why ARFCOM doesn't had you and your type a "banned for life" award, I'll never know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup horuichi missed and shot weaver who was standing on the other side of an open door as Harris was trying to run inside the cabin

LOL.  I feel the same about the type that de-rail legitimate firearms discussions.  If you want to block an intersection start your own thread.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Doesn't mean we have to stop hating him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fidel's dead

Doesn't mean we have to stop hating him

Bill Ruger approves this message.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Didn't those have slip rings?
View Quote
Yep, the slip ring on that one is the new A2 style
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather buy anything Hesse.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice looking rifles.

Maybe next they could build a Ruby Ridge Comemrative FBI Sniper Rifle and have LH autograph a few of them. Maybe include some accessories like a few "Minute Of Lady Holding A Baby" sighting in targets to get that scope dialed in just right.

View Quote

Nice..........
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like nice gun, I had a Colt SP1 just like it.

If I was gonna get one it wouldn't be from Troy though.

Maybe one day I will change my mind, but today isn't that day.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
The missing phrase from Troy and HS is "We're sorry."

S&W disowned the Clinton agreement, all is forgiven.

Ruger reversed all of Bill Sr's FUDD policies once they ousted his son from the board, all is forgiven.

HS Precision responded to the WTF? with a defense of Lon.

Troy has hired someone associated with Ruby Ridge and issued a "what a great guy!" statements about him.

The first step in repentance is to admit your sin.  THEN forgiveness can happen.

It's not so much that Troy hired Dale Monroe as they act like he's some kind of hero; which he patently is not.

Ruby Ridge was such a dumpster fire that nobody involved at the Federal level should be trusted past minimum wage again.  Ideally they'd all be in jail, but the administration that sent them out covered them very effectively.  I voted against everyone I could who provided that cover and I will continue to vote with my money against the people who succor the people involved with Ruby Ridge.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In before the tjw?  

Edit nope!

View Quote

I'm just here because I lost hard at this
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok I'm lost...it seems one day a company's good, the next it's dissed. So what did Troy do to piss everyone off?
View Quote

Hired the celebrity JBTs of the 90s to make signiture guns and put on training IIRC
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ruger reversed all of Bill Sr's FUDD policies once they ousted his son from the board, all is forgiven.

Troy has hired someone associated with Ruby Ridge and issued a "what a great guy!" statements about him.

The first step in repentance is to admit your sin.  THEN forgiveness can happen.

It's not so much that Troy hired Dale Monroe as they act like he's some kind of hero; which he patently is not.

Ruby Ridge was such a dumpster fire that nobody involved at the Federal level should be trusted past minimum wage again.  Ideally they'd all be in jail, but the administration that sent them out covered them very effectively.  I voted against everyone I could who provided that cover and I will continue to vote with my money against the people who succor the people involved with Ruby Ridge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quality post

Quoted:
Imagine having a Troy XM177, a HS Precision rifle and a Leatherman!

That would be some kind of weird Unholy Trinity .....espexially if you lived in Commiefornia or some other hated place like Noo Yoik

Or worked for the ATF
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reading the thread is hard
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize there was so much hate for Troy here...

Back on topic.   I any case, I want an XM177 bad now...any guess as to what the final cost would be to build one from scratch?  Assuming the correct report parts are available?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Whoops I was wrong. He hit Harris but also hit Vicki weaver with the same
Round
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops I was wrong. He hit Harris but also hit Vicki weaver with the same
Round

They shouldn't have been shooting at Harris or anyone else there either. It was wrongful, and the government wound up admitting so in the form of cash.

The attorney for Kevin Harris pressed Harris's civil suit for damages, although federal officials vowed they would never pay someone who had killed a U.S. Marshal. In September 2000, after persistent appeals, Harris was awarded a $380,000 settlement from the government.[74]

Also it wasn't over the sale of a gun to a terrorist,  it was about Weaver sawing the barrel off of an undercover agent's shotgun and his refusal to work as a rat for the government.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:41:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Speaking of butt hurt...

Mr. WEAVER.Thank you.

I am notwithout fault in this matter. I was convicted of failure to appear fortrial oncharges I had sold a sawed-off shotgun to an ATF informantnamed Gus Magisano. He testified at trial under a differentname—KennethFadeley. That was probably not his real name either. I was found notguilty ofthe original weapons charge, and I was found not guilty of every othercrime Iwas charged with, including murder and assault on Federal officers. Iwascharged with conspiring against the Government, and I was found notguilty ofthat charge. I was in jail for about a year before and during thetrial. I haveserved time after the trial and am now on unsupervised probation. Ifaced myaccusers at a trial. I faced the FBI, the Marshals Service, the U.S.attorney,a Federal judge and a jury of my peers. I faced the death penalty. Ihave beenaccountable for my actions. I now face you Senators to ask that thoseresponsible for the killings of my wife and my son be brought toaccount fortheir actions.

If I had it todo over again, knowing what I know now, I would make different choices.I wouldcome down from the mountain for the court appearance. I would not havealloweda deceitful, lying con man working for ATF to push me for almost 3years tomake a sawed-off shotgun for him. I would not allow myself to betempted in aweak moment when my family needed money. I would not let my fears andthe fearsof my family keep me from coming down. But my wrongs did not causeFederalagents to commit crimes. Nothing I did caused Federal agents to violatetheConstitution of the UnitedStates. I did not cause Federal agentstoviolate the oath of their office. My actions did not cause Federalagents toviolate direct orders from Washington.My choices did not cause Federal agents to violate State and Federallaw. Mybehavior did not cause Federal agents to violate their own agencypolicies.Federal agents have admitted to illegal acts. Judge Freeh, the head ofthe FBI,has made statements to the press that the so-called rules of engagementwereunconstitutional. Federal agents have tried to cover up their illegalactions.That was their choice, not mine. I have been accountable for mychoices. Theyshould be held accountable for their wrongs. But no Federal agent hasbeenbrought to justice for the killings of Sam and Vicki Weaver.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Course Randy Weaver thought he was selling a shotgun to a guy who was going to kill American soldiers but that's okay.

Speaking of butt hurt...

Mr. WEAVER.Thank you.

I am notwithout fault in this matter. I was convicted of failure to appear fortrial oncharges I had sold a sawed-off shotgun to an ATF informantnamed Gus Magisano. He testified at trial under a differentname—KennethFadeley. That was probably not his real name either. I was found notguilty ofthe original weapons charge, and I was found not guilty of every othercrime Iwas charged with, including murder and assault on Federal officers. Iwascharged with conspiring against the Government, and I was found notguilty ofthat charge. I was in jail for about a year before and during thetrial. I haveserved time after the trial and am now on unsupervised probation. Ifaced myaccusers at a trial. I faced the FBI, the Marshals Service, the U.S.attorney,a Federal judge and a jury of my peers. I faced the death penalty. Ihave beenaccountable for my actions. I now face you Senators to ask that thoseresponsible for the killings of my wife and my son be brought toaccount fortheir actions.

If I had it todo over again, knowing what I know now, I would make different choices.I wouldcome down from the mountain for the court appearance. I would not havealloweda deceitful, lying con man working for ATF to push me for almost 3years tomake a sawed-off shotgun for him. I would not allow myself to betempted in aweak moment when my family needed money. I would not let my fears andthe fearsof my family keep me from coming down. But my wrongs did not causeFederalagents to commit crimes. Nothing I did caused Federal agents to violatetheConstitution of the UnitedStates. I did not cause Federal agentstoviolate the oath of their office. My actions did not cause Federalagents toviolate direct orders from Washington.My choices did not cause Federal agents to violate State and Federallaw. Mybehavior did not cause Federal agents to violate their own agencypolicies.Federal agents have admitted to illegal acts. Judge Freeh, the head ofthe FBI,has made statements to the press that the so-called rules of engagementwereunconstitutional. Federal agents have tried to cover up their illegalactions.That was their choice, not mine. I have been accountable for mychoices. Theyshould be held accountable for their wrongs. But no Federal agent hasbeenbrought to justice for the killings of Sam and Vicki Weaver.

Am I the only one who caught this?

Are you claiming to be Weaver?

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Back on topic.   I any case, I want an XM177 bad now...any guess as to what the final cost would be to build one from scratch?  Assuming the correct report parts are available?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would just buy the Troy if I were you unless you feel like a 6+month process of finding one part at a time.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would just buy the Troy if I were you unless you feel like a 6+month process of finding one part at a time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is the final $ tally after spending 6+ months gathering parts? So far no one in the know has been willing to elaborate, only saying it can be done for cheaper.

Plus, why isn't there a one-stop shopping outlet where all the parts can be bought? Is it because certain parts are not being made thus requiring a private builder to advertise and/or wait for parts to show up in EE?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:11:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is the final $ tally after spending 6+ months gathering parts? So far no one in the know has been willing to elaborate, only saying it can be done for cheaper.

Plus, why isn't there a one-stop shopping outlet where all the parts can be bought? Is it because certain parts are not being made thus requiring a private builder to advertise and/or wait for parts to show up in EE?
View Quote

Ask in the retro forum, lots of people there have built 629 clones, I never have.

Cost and wait times depend on the level of authenticity you desire.

I think retro stuff built on A2 lowers look like shit but that's just me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They can keep it, I dont care how cheap it is.

And I'll keep my money.

I agree. Troy can hire anyone the want to. I'll spend my money where I want to. Not with them. Decisions, like elections, have consequences.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"There is only one name to remember"... Vicki Weaver?

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wouldn't, you know, ending the employment of said person be that first step? Just like Troy did.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:00:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Course Randy Weaver thought he was selling a shotgun to a guy who was going to kill American soldiers but that's okay.

Speaking of butt hurt...

Mr. WEAVER.Thank you.

Are you daft? He's clearly quoting Weaver.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i68.tinypic.com/33ju1wj.jpg

Didn't Troy let Monroe go?

If so, the same standard you hold for everyone else should apply. That standard is they reverse the direction that caused the outrage, no apology needed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote

Cite??

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If so, the same standard you hold for everyone else should apply. That standard is they reverse the direction that caused the outrage, no apology needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did let him go, which is why the tortured logic above is at best silly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of butt hurt...

Mr. WEAVER.Thank you.

At least I know what a college girl answering her dorm door in her underwear means.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange world

A lawyer who doesn't get due process. Lulz. I guess you missed that part of law school, but took "I'll say anything with a straight face for a buck" twice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Allegations of termination,  no citation.

No allocution, no apology.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

A lawyer who doesn't get due process. Lulz. I guess you missed that part of law school, but took "I'll say anything with a straight face for a buck" twice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Strange world

Randall Weaver was not a white supremacist. He stopped attending the meetings because of extremist views.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is this pic?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:57:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

XM177 and XM177E1 are harder to do without hitting the ATF for a tax stamp.

XM177E2 and GAU-5A/A still look right with a pin and weld moderator at 16".

You end up getting very precise in your language in the land-of-retro!

My DIY XM177E2 clone ran $1,253.93 total, including the tax-stamp.  Some things are harder to find now than they were in 2009, like the stock.  NoDak didn't have a long lead time when I started it either.  Also you have to decide how faithful your build is going to be.  Will you demand vintage 6-hole handguards or will modern 7-hole be OK?  Do you have to have gray for your upper and lower or will black suffice?  Do you care if the lower is an A2 or not?  Do you care if your upper is really a C7 and not an A1?  Start with an 80% lower and you can have 100% period markings engraved.

Insisting on vintage and 100% accuracy, obviously, cranks up the prices.  One way to do it is to make it at like 75% accuracy then keep a sharp eye out for the rest of the parts.  That's how we did my wife's R653P clone.  Waited for deals on the hard to find parts, like that aluminum stock, and used a plastic fiberlite until we found the right one.

Good luck and good hunting!  Rolling your own is more fun than buying pre-made.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#43]
These retro models are the extreme of cloning...We're starting to see even 90's/early 2000's era stuff become scarce and pricey ("tic" selectors, KAC MRE or Mk12 rails, A2 uppers, etc.).  I get the impression that with the retro stuff it's even more of a case of a group of diehards buying from and selling their stuff to each other.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but also not really my definition of fun.  I'd buy a complete gun if someone besides Troy made it.  

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At least I know what a college girl answering her dorm door in her underwear means.
View Quote

Whatever, man. She's getting back on campus tomorrow and my cock-blocking friend doesn't get back until 6 hours after.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Sweet looking gun. I'm just about done with my build. It will be in 6.8 spc. 6.8 spc or .300bk would make for a awesome xm177 style clone.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They did let him go, ....
View Quote

When? With all the controversy around it, one would think it would have been a pretty big deal.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Whatever, man. She's getting back on campus tomorrow and my cock-blocking friend doesn't get back until 6 hours after.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet I get my dick wet before you.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sweet looking gun. I'm just about done with my build. It will be in 6.8 spc. 6.8 spc or .300bk would make for a awesome xm177 style clone.
View Quote

6.5 Grendel?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:21:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
These retro models are the extreme of cloning...We're starting to see even 90's/early 2000's era stuff become scarce and pricey ("tic" selectors, KAC MRE or Mk12 rails, A2 uppers, etc.).  I get the impression that with the retro stuff it's even more of a case of a group of diehards buying from and selling their stuff to each other.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, but also not really my definition of fun.  I'd buy a complete gun if someone besides Troy made it.  

View Quote

2 years of looking at the EE and gunbroker to spend $3000 on what most people would erroneously call an A1 clone doesn't sound fun?

What kind of life do you lead?
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:27:18 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't read the whole thread, but back when this was hitting the net, I thought they decided not to take on Jody Weis the Chicago Police Commish due to the uproar but still kept on Dale Monroe and defended him.

Did they eventually fire Monroe?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top