Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 40
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By burnprocess:

Snacks help a ton at night if I realize I’m still a little hungry as sleep approaches.  Liver crisps and sardines are my go-to.  Pork rinds are tasty and all, and will continue to eat them, but more sparingly as I’m not sure what they’re fried in.

Once you get a few weeks in, your gut and bathroom habits stabilize and you shit only once every 3-5 days, it starts to get easy.  The groove is easy to maintain.  Just don’t beat yourself up if you have a little sneaky sneak cheat meal and a few beers once a month or something!
View Quote

Spot on except the cheating part IMO. Cheat/standard fat ass foods taste gross now and make me feel like shit. I like to feel awesome. The only cheating if I do that is cheating myself out of functioning perfectly and feeling great. It's no reward either. You can't reward yourself by harming yourself.

Try 6+ months of an optimal diet and you might literally spit out pizza crust etc if you try it like me. Weird mushy fibrous plant taste and texture. Fucking gross
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

Spot on except the cheating part IMO. Cheat/standard fat ass foods taste gross now and make me feel like shit. I like to feel awesome. The only cheating if I do that is cheating myself out of functioning perfectly and feeling great. It's no reward either. You can't reward yourself by harming yourself.

Try 6+ months of an optimal diet and you might literally spit out pizza crust etc if you try it like me. Weird mushy fibrous plant taste and texture. Fucking gross
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

Snacks help a ton at night if I realize I’m still a little hungry as sleep approaches.  Liver crisps and sardines are my go-to.  Pork rinds are tasty and all, and will continue to eat them, but more sparingly as I’m not sure what they’re fried in.

Once you get a few weeks in, your gut and bathroom habits stabilize and you shit only once every 3-5 days, it starts to get easy.  The groove is easy to maintain.  Just don’t beat yourself up if you have a little sneaky sneak cheat meal and a few beers once a month or something!

Yeah personally a cheat meal, as my last one was, was salisbury steak with green beans and mashed potatoes.  Not bad at all, IMO.  Even if cheating, I avoid sugary, processed shit, except for maybe once a year when I’ll get a whopping craving for ice cream.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Yeah personally a cheat meal, as my last one was, was salisbury steak with green beans and mashed potatoes.  Not bad at all, IMO.  Even if cheating, I avoid sugary, processed shit, except for maybe once a year when I’ll get a whopping craving for ice cream.
View Quote

Right on. If carbs didn't make me slow, tired, etc I might be more tempted but the taste isn't even there, so there's just no point. I'd rather double up on the steak instead of adding potatoes

I think there are different levels and types of adaptation after starting this. It gets even better over time.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I posted this in another thread, but here would be appropriate.

Smoked a 5.5 lb pork belly on Thursday.  A 1/2” thick slice and three eggs hit the spot.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have watched a few videos on this.

I know beer is a no go, but what about wine or spirits?

I am going to forego bread, sugars , carbs. Not sure where spirits fall into this .
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Codyboy:

I am going to forego bread, sugars , carbs. Not sure where spirits fall into this .
View Quote

spirits are fine but calorie dense... whiskey, vodka, etc.

wine and beer are a no go.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NoloContendere:

You can have rum and Coke Zero, it won’t mess up your sugar. It will slow your weight loss as it’s just a bunch of empty calories and then also make you feel like shit the next day as a bonus.
View All Quotes

You can have rum and Coke Zero, it won’t mess up your sugar. It will slow your weight loss as it’s just a bunch of empty calories and then also make you feel like shit the next day as a bonus.

When I was doing Keto, diet soda stalled weight loss. It didn't for friend of mine though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

I would drink it all on the rocks before putting coke zero in my body.

I like margaritas but I know that the mixer is definitely not good at all.

Would pure lime juice in tequila be ok?

I know I need to quit the beer for sure.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Just made this for dinner.  Took five minutes.  Two Tbsps of butter in a skillet, sautéed some garlic for 15 seconds, added a dozen oysters and their liquor, and cooked for a minute, added some more salt and 1/4 cup of heavy cream.  Stirred it, and cooked it for two minutes more.  It was a fine meal.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:18:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ToxicMasculinity] [#13]

View Quote

Alcohol, artificial sweeteners, etc all have various negative affects and you won't get the most out of the diet. It will also make it harder to stick to over the long term for most people.

Being 100% clean vs 90% is where the magic happens. Everybody should try 3-6 months of a very clean diet. Then when you try other stuff you see what the true effects really are.

That's basically the premise and purpose of carnivore vs keto.

However if you have these things and otherwise follow a proper human diet, it may not be ideal, and its keto not carnivore (I feel way better on one than the other), but you'll still get serious improvements.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
Just made this for dinner.  Took five minutes.  Two Tbsps of butter in a skillet, sautéed some garlic for 15 seconds, added a dozen oysters and their liquor, and cooked for a minute, added some more salt and 1/4 cup of heavy cream.  Stirred it, and cooked it for two minutes more.  It was a fine meal.

https://i.postimg.cc/vBtXs6T3/IMG-5264.jpg
View Quote

Been a couple of decades, my grandmother used to make oyster soup for us after opening day of deer season.  Hers was thinner with milk but always tasty.

I made 2.5 lb ground beef into meatballs yesterday.  Had about twelve of them, family ate the rest in homemade meatball soup.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

What brands of liver crisps are good to go?

I've never wanted port rinds till now... dang got a craving for them, but I have the same oil concerns.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Pachucko:

I've never wanted port rinds till now... dang got a craving for them, but I have the same oil concerns.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pachucko:

Carnivore Aurelius, but I will consider other brands. CA has been very slow shipping and the boxes arrive in terrible condition.  The packages themselves are fine, though.

Try sardines, packed in water.  Make sure there are no other ingredients besides sardines, water, and salt.   Delicious.

Love me some pork rinds but man I gotta be careful.  The oils…
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 68MUDSTUD] [#17]
Originally Posted By Lucky-Charm:

Would like a few more details as to how long you have been eating this way, eating windows, average daily diet.

All good advice so far plateaus happen at a constant 30 day plateau it may be time to make some changes.

Without knowing any further details just back off the fat a bit and remove dairy if you are consuming any.
View Quote

Today marks 1 month. I'll go weigh myself later maybe. I only eat once a day, probably 1.5 pounds of meat. Been mixing it up. Beef steak, pork chops, hamburgers, sausage, eggs. I've been having a couple slices of sharp cheddar every day for a snack. Just ordered some of those lmnt drinks, as coffee and water are boring.

Just want to say, awesome thread. Pretty cool to see people encouraging others to get in better shape and better health... The absolute best thing about this diet for me is a huge improvement on my attitude! Keep it up guys!

ETA: 1 month and one day in, im weighing in at 262. (18 pounds)
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 10:07:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 68MUDSTUD:

Today marks 1 month. I'll go weigh myself later maybe. I only eat once a day, probably 1.5 pounds of meat. Been mixing it up. Beef steak, pork chops, hamburgers, sausage, eggs. I've been having a couple slices of sharp cheddar every day for a snack. Just ordered some of those lmnt drinks, as coffee and water are boring.

Just want to say, awesome thread. Pretty cool to see people encouraging others to get in better shape and better health... The absolute best thing about this diet for me is a huge improvement on my attitude! Keep it up guys!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 68MUDSTUD:
Originally Posted By Lucky-Charm:

Would like a few more details as to how long you have been eating this way, eating windows, average daily diet.

All good advice so far plateaus happen at a constant 30 day plateau it may be time to make some changes.

Without knowing any further details just back off the fat a bit and remove dairy if you are consuming any.

It is encouraging.  I went through the hardest year of my life last year and this past wintry season was bad to deal with.  Said fuck it and went cold turkey back into meat butter and eggs, brought all my small weights into my apartment to work out whenever I want, quit smoking and vaping and now barely drink, and am not nice to people who try and give me bullshit advice on any of it.

Eat meat and eggs, move a lot, and watch yourself transform.   I’m only riding my Harleys right now, after moving back from Thailand I opted not to buy a truck.  Closest gym is 1.5 miles and just today realized it’s that close.  A walk there is a warmup and it will enable me to lift heavier, and it’s 24 hours.

Sometimes you need to have that piss and vinegar in you to say “enough” and do it.

Meat heals.  No question.  And the vegans are losing it lately on social media as basically every study now confirms that carnivore reverses a shitload of ailments, and with a lot of people now having been on it for years, longer-term studies and data are supporting the idea that is really is amazing for the body.  It’s with no small amount of personal delight to know that this also pisses off the WEF/globohomo folks.

Meat, butter, and eggs, guys.  Meat, butter, and eggs.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

https://i.gifer.com/KqgE.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

technically no, as limes have carbs. Not a ton, and you can still stay keto with some lime juice, but it would get you.

might try citric acid instead? Same bite, no calories
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#21]
Originally Posted By DrFrige:
I had a burger last night WITH a bun. Holy crap I got a case of crummy tummy not too long after PLUS the guilt that went with it. Back on the wagon today as well.
View Quote
if I "have" to do this, I just pick off as much bun as possible and end up maybe eating 15-20% of the bun.
McDonalds has been running a special on their new double Big Mac. You can order it without a bun on the app, as "plain".  make sure not to get the big mac sauce (full of sugar and vegetable oil), or at least ask for it on the side.

Here's a good way to get a lot of meat for a low cost....
Carnivore Dieters: This Cut Of Meat Will Save You Lots Of Money

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
I have more education in nutrition than most doctors. I have heard some stupid stuff. I had an endo try to prove to me that eating at a deficit would make you gain weight. She used a white board to explain what happened in the brain blah blah on and on and I asked her why weren't the Holocaust survivors fat? She had nothing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:46:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#23]
Originally Posted By skindroid:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000000628_png-3132189.JPG
*brought to you by the .gov, who knows best, and also the food industry, who wants to sell you shit until you die.
"balanced" lol
View Quote
If you invert that pyramid, it would be much more reasonable for average people.

Our government sucks cock by choice.

Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:51:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#24]
Originally Posted By zeekh:
How old are you guys?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rsqhobbs:
Has anyone noticed an increase in libido? Seriously... It's no minor change.
You want to fuck.  Constantly.
How old are you guys?
seriously this. After a couple months, I started waking up with morning wood like I used to when I was 20. I'm 50.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:53:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#25]
You can have rum and Coke Zero, it won't mess up your sugar. It will slow your weight loss as it's just a bunch of empty calories and then also make you feel like shit the next day as a bonus.
View Quote
bourbon and gin should be fine too.

I have been drinking White Claw when I want a drink. It's basically seltzer water with fruit juice and vodka. 100 calories and 2 g carbs/sugar
I should try mixing the seltzer water drinks (Spindrift/bubbly) with vodka to save money.

Fun fact - Southwest carries blueberry/Acai bubbly on flights.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
seriously this. After a couple months, I started waking up with morning wood like I used to when I was 20. I'm 50.
View All Quotes
How old are you guys?

I'm about to hit 53.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#27]

I'm about to hit 53.
View All Quotes
How old are you guys?

I'm about to hit 53.

I turn 45 this year.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

Broiled pepperoni with some cheese and Italian seasoning. 80% as good as a pizza
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm 24 hours in as of now. I was doing it to support my wife who wanted to try it.

Other than a minor headache, I feel way better than I normally did. It got to where I just didn't feel good and I thought that was just how I was going to feel from here on out.

If I continue to feel better as time goes on, I'm not going to know how to act.

Looking forward to see what the future has in store.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

technically no, as limes have carbs. Not a ton, and you can still stay keto with some lime juice, but it would get you.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

There are also low carb/no sugar margarita mixers.  I used to use them all the time.  Regular margarita mixes are full of sugar, as are most mixers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By fullmetaledges:
I couldn’t afford to eat like that these days.
View Quote

Our handlers on the world scene intend just that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#32]
Two mile run at 18:11 yesterday, felt great.  Have definitely continued to gain aerobic capacity.

225/226 lbs the last few days.  Belt now getting cinched a notch tighter.

Will be IF / OMAD next few days due to some schedule changes.  Going to have bacon cheese burgers tonight.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#33]
Ive found sparkling water is a great drink. Use to hate sparkling water, but now its my goto besides coffe/tea/water.

Something Ive noticed on TV. When I quite drinking it blew my mind how many booze commercials get played. Its WAY worse with food. Every single commercial is for processed addictive food. Every one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#34]

It is encouraging.  I went through the hardest year of my life last year and this past wintry season was bad to deal with.  Said fuck it and went cold turkey back into meat butter and eggs, brought all my small weights into my apartment to work out whenever I want, quit smoking and vaping and now barely drink, and am not nice to people who try and give me bullshit advice on any of it.

Eat meat and eggs, move a lot, and watch yourself transform.   I’m only riding my Harleys right now, after moving back from Thailand I opted not to buy a truck.  Closest gym is 1.5 miles and just today realized it’s that close.  A walk there is a warmup and it will enable me to lift heavier, and it’s 24 hours.

Sometimes you need to have that piss and vinegar in you to say “enough” and do it.

Meat heals.  No question.  And the vegans are losing it lately on social media as basically every study now confirms that carnivore reverses a shitload of ailments, and with a lot of people now having been on it for years, longer-term studies and data are supporting the idea that is really is amazing for the body.  It’s with no small amount of personal delight to know that this also pisses off the WEF/globohomo folks.

Meat, butter, and eggs, guys.  Meat, butter, and eggs.
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder and inspiration.  Did spring break with family, and kinda dicked it all up.  Sugar, "diet" soda and processed meats.  

I shoulda stayed at home; I feel I lost 3 months of progress.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Ive found sparkling water is a great drink. Use to hate sparkling water, but now its my goto besides coffe/tea/water.

Something Ive noticed on TV. When I quite drinking it blew my mind how many booze commercials get played. Its WAY worse with food. Every single commercial is for processed addictive food. Every one.
View Quote

I've noticed how many food threads are in GD. It's a lot of talking about snacks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:

Thanks for the reminder and inspiration.  Did spring break with family, and kinda dicked it all up.  Sugar, "diet" soda and processed meats.  

View Quote

Nah.  It’ll switch back on easy.  Tighten it up and get back in the game.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:

View Quote

What’s wrong with zero carb processed meats?

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:05:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#38]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
What’s wrong with zero carb processed meats?
View Quote
I think people are still stuck on the idea that processed meats = bad. Nitrates were demonized for the longest time. Lots of meats are preserved with celery now.

Some dont taste good to me. TO processed. Others that are less so taste better to me. Love Boars Head meats and canned fish in water or olive oil.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 1:10:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fives] [#39]
results with hi cholesterol?

I love meat, happy eating
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Mrs TB and I are going to give it a try. We both are dealing with blood pressure and inflammation. Just returned from a 50 day cruise around S. America. Even though we each only gained about 5 pounds, but feel bloated from the daily carbs and alcohol. We still need to lose a bunch of weight. I had a fusion in June and still can't get back in to lifting heavy. Walking a couple of miles a day has helped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Thugbuster:
Mrs TB and I are going to give it a try. We both are dealing with blood pressure and inflammation. Just returned from a 50 day cruise around S. America. Even though we each only gained about 5 pounds, but feel bloated from the daily carbs and alcohol. We still need to lose a bunch of weight. I had a fusion in June and still can't get back in to lifting heavy. Walking a couple of miles a day has helped.
View Quote

It’s worth trying, but stick with it for at least a month.

Make the commitment, and do it for just a month.

You can do anything for one month.

If it works, continue.  If it’s not your thing, or hers, find something else…
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Clarinath:
Originally Posted By Thugbuster:

This is the way.  Your body will undergo some pretty dramatic changes internally as you convert fuel sources.  You really do need at least a month or so to gauge.

I’m not being silly when I say this:  Do NOT trust a fart for a few weeks.  Your body will be rebalancing fluid levels and you’ll find that if you drink a lot of liquids or take in too much fat too soon, your asshole will shoot water like it’s H20 racist.  I mean, they need a new word for what your butthole will do.  Seriously.

Be prepared for the bubble guts and some uncomfortable trips to the bathroom until you get adjusted.  After, easy peasy.  Also note that some people transition perfectly fine without the nuclear goo poops, so maybe you’ll be a lucky one.  It really is an intensely personal experience, all relative to your biology and prior diet.

Good luck, and keep us posted.  If nothing else fart stories are always a hoot.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#43]

This is the way.  Your body will undergo some pretty dramatic changes internally as you convert fuel sources.  You really do need at least a month or so to gauge.

I’m not being silly when I say this:  Do NOT trust a fart for a few weeks.  Your body will be rebalancing fluid levels and you’ll find that if you drink a lot of liquids or take in too much fat too soon, your asshole will shoot water like it’s H20 racist.  I mean, they need a new word for what your butthole will do.  Seriously.

Be prepared for the bubble guts and some uncomfortable trips to the bathroom until you get adjusted.  After, easy peasy.  Also note that some people transition perfectly fine without the nuclear goo poops, so maybe you’ll be a lucky one.  It really is an intensely personal experience, all relative to your biology and prior diet.

View Quote

This was my exact experience. Also, I used to go every morning like clockwork. Now, I go every two or three days. At least the Hershey Squirts are over with.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#44]

This was my exact experience. Also, I used to go every morning like clockwork. Now, I go every two or three days. At least the Hershey Squirts are over with.
View All Quotes

Yeah, once adapted you don’t need to shit but every 3 days or so, if that.  Meat is almost 100% useful to the body - Dr. Ken Berry says it doesn’t even make it to your colon, that’s how much gets absorbed after digestion.   The squirts are going to be bodily waste, mainly.  Dead red blood cells, intestinal cells (epiphilial cells?  Spelling?) and other shit, plus anything that wasn’t absorbed in the small intestine.

When you’re feeding your body the same shit you’re made if, you have to do far less work and use far more of the material.  It’s a net win-win.  And, you save on toilet paper!

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Welcome to the best way of eating...😋
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#46]
I just hit the 20lb mark but I seem to have stalled a little. I still have half n half at work in coffee. I am going to stop the coffee

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ponykilr:
I just hit the 20lb mark but I seem to have stalled a little. I still have half n half at work in coffee. I am going to stop the coffee

View Quote

Exercising?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#48]
And suddenly, a poop thread. LOL
Thanks for the advice guys. We will be shopping for meats over the weekend. D-day is Monday.
Quick question. I am deep in Cajun country. We are surrounded by meat shops and cajun butchers. A wide variety of smoked and pre seasoned pork, beef and chicken is available. I know salt should be the only seasoning used, but what about black, red and white pepper? Garlic and onion powder? A bunch of the local shops pre-package cuts as such. To name a few off the top of my head, Heberts, Nunus, Dons, and The Best Stop are all near me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#49]
The biggest thing to stay away from is sugar.

Peppers should be fine.  Garlic and other spices as well.

Being an absolute purist is tough, so don’t worry about spices for now.

Sugar though…. No sugar or artificial sweeteners.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#50]
5 weeks in tomorrow, got past my 20 pounds stall. This morning weighed in at 258! This is awesome!
Page / 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top